Peyton Manning says his thumb’s just an irritant

Peyton+Manning+New+Orleans+Saints+v+Denver+KLoXctNJwzol Getty Images

The Broncos practiced for the first time Wednesday since Sunday night’s victory over the Saints.

That means it was the first opportunity to see if there were any aftereffects from the thumb injury he sustained when he banged his hand on Saints linebacker Martez Wilson’s helmet while throwing a pass. Manning was able to practice fully, prompting coach John Fox to say “no” when asked if there were any lingering issues from the injury. Manning was a bit more expansive when he was asked the same question.

“It’s OK, it’s OK, it’s sore, but it’s more of irritant than anything,” Manning said during a media session on Wednesday.

Manning’s play didn’t seem to be affected all that much by the thumb in the second half on Sunday night, so his full participation at practice is a pretty good indication that he will be in the lineup when the team takes the field in Cincinnati in Week Nine. If Manning plays as well as he did in Week Eight, the Broncos are a good bet to improve to 5-3 and possibly extend their AFC West lead over the Chargers, Raiders and Chiefs.

Permalink 23 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
23 Responses to “Peyton Manning says his thumb’s just an irritant”
  1. thegreatgabbert says: Oct 31, 2012 4:58 PM

“It was really irritating me last night. I wasn’t in a good mood to begin with, so I grabbed a hammer and smacked it a couple of times…..”.

2. goodellgate says: Oct 31, 2012 4:59 PM

Kill the thumb and the body will die.

3. skinsfaninnebraska says: Oct 31, 2012 5:10 PM

Yeah, an irritant. Just like Skip Bayless or Stephen A. Smith.

4. tooz72 says: Oct 31, 2012 5:12 PM

too bad they’re going to finish second behind the Raiders

5. crappygovernment says: Oct 31, 2012 5:25 PM

‘I’m a greedy, noodle-armed, hired gun Qb who probably should have gone to SF and money is my god.’

-Peyton Manningg

6. purplengold says: Oct 31, 2012 5:26 PM

Sort of like the Saints’ defense.

7. camoflogged says: Oct 31, 2012 5:33 PM

Just like his commercials.

8. bigbluecrew420 says: Oct 31, 2012 5:40 PM

crappygovernment
    Oct 31, 2012, 2:25 PM PDT

-Peyton Manningg

—————————————————-

Peyton wants to win the superbowl again.
    Denver was clearly the best option due to the fact that he can walk into the playoffs.
    If he makes it to the SB again he wants to play against his brother. He doesn’t want to face his bro until then.

Giants VS Broncos in New Orleans there home town.

EPIC

Giants will win though.

9. elrock7 says: Oct 31, 2012 6:01 PM

Listen to all you jealous fans who wish manning signed with your team.

He has been amazing so far far and the best is yet to come!

P.S Really 2nd to Raiders! Very funny! The same Raiders that the Broncos already demolished this year!

10. srcnsd says: Oct 31, 2012 6:04 PM

Laser Rocket Thumb

11. elwaysmilehighdenver says: Oct 31, 2012 6:14 PM

Peyton Manning could throw for over 300
    yards with both thumbs tied behind his back! Haters keep on fuming! Go Broncos!

12. jdphx says: Oct 31, 2012 6:19 PM

Perhaps Peyton Manning is just an irritant!

13. crappygovernment says: Oct 31, 2012 6:43 PM

I hope the Chiefs get Tebow to battle the Elway-Manning conspiracy within the division. Denver has no chance to win a SB.

14. djaehne says: Oct 31, 2012 7:03 PM

Manning wants to make 20 million this year. There is no other reason beyond that other than what you convince yourselves of.

15. jimbo75025 says: Oct 31, 2012 7:17 PM

bigbluecrew420 says:Oct 31, 2012 5:40 PM

Giants VS Broncos in New Orleans there home town.

EPIC
    _________

Well, I’m not a Manning hater, but if that happened, I would start to look at the NFL to be kind of like the WWE in terms of following the script.

16. MichaelEdits says: Oct 31, 2012 7:33 PM

Some people say that Peyton Manning is just an irritant, but I’m not one of them.

17. milehighmanningfaces says: Oct 31, 2012 8:02 PM

crappygovernment says: Oct 31, 2012 5:25 PM

-Peyton Manningg

Sounds like a scared and delirious Raiders fan to me.

18. Sarcasm says: Oct 31, 2012 8:48 PM

So Manning’s thumb is a patriots fan. Interesting.

19. murf17 says: Oct 31, 2012 8:50 PM

crappygovernment says:Oct 31, 2012 5:25 PM

-Peyton Manningg

and I still lead the league in QB rating along with being in the top 3 in TD’s, yards per game, completion %, and completions over 20 yards. I suck and I wish I was more like Alex Smith. How much is it driving people crazy who wanted Peyton to crash and burn that he is playing better than he has in years. He has 4 straight games with over 3oo yards, 3 Td’s and no picks. I also want someone to find me the player who would turn down an 18 million dollar guarantee this year. And in closing you idiot the Titans were going to pay him more than the Broncos so your greedy theory is down the toilets like your Chiefs/Raiders/Chargers season. Im sure you cheer for one of them. I am starting to think that all of the hate towards PM is fans of other teams in the AFC West that thought this was their year before he signed and dominated like he did with the Colts in their division.

20. crappygovernment says: Oct 31, 2012 9:45 PM

‘I’m also afraid of my kid brother. He is as clutch as I am not.’

-Peyton Manningg

21. dgforreal says: Oct 31, 2012 10:31 PM

Yeah, saying Manning was money hungry when didn’t sign with the Titans is wrong.

Didn’t they offer him a ton of money and a piece of the team and/or future front office gig?

22. crappygovernment says: Nov 1, 2012 11:08 AM

That was part of the ‘displace Tebow conspiracy’. If greedy Peyton wanted to win he’d be a 49er right now. Denver will go no farther this year in the playoffs than last year.

23. lilb360 says: Nov 1, 2012 2:12 PM

eh “crappygovernment”: I love it when a person such as yourself stays talking sh!t only to be silenced when the exact thing they are complaining about actually happens. Broncos may not win it all but they will go deep in the playoffs, and will own the West for the next 4 years at least. Oh, and Obama will win again next tuesday.