The Week Eight hot seat

With up to 11 coaches in danger (grave or otherwise) of being fired during or after the season, we spent a chunk of Wednesday’s PFT Live assessing the five coaches on the hottest seats.

Who’s the most likely to get fired before Week 17?  We’ve got that, too.

So click the box and enjoy.  Or don’t enjoy, and then complain in the comments about how much you didn’t enjoy.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Videos
11 Responses to “The Week Eight hot seat”
  1. yelix says: Oct 31, 2012 8:27 PM

I know you don’t like to put first-year guys on the list, but I don’t really know how you can keep Romeo out of the top 5. They may have the same record as the Jaguars, but the Chiefs aren’t playing anything resembling competitive football this season. At least the Jags have been in most of their games.

2. gavriloprincip33 says: Oct 31, 2012 8:28 PM

Norval is the offensive version of Wade Philipps and the perfect example of the Peter Principle!

3. touchdownroddywhite says: Oct 31, 2012 9:03 PM

@yelix

I’ve been saying for 2 weeks now that he’s fired. Same organization that fired Herm Edwards. Crennel is done, and rightfully so in my opinion. He looks like Jim Caldwell on the sideline with a constant, “Which way did he go George?”, look about him. I wonder what the Vegas line would get me for betting Romeo Crennel gets fired at the end of the season?

4. paulsmith107 says: Oct 31, 2012 9:27 PM

I can only hope and pray Kerry homes finally sees he needs to fire Garrett and hire a coach who he can just let do what they do. Another pathetic performance by Dallas shows he just doesn’t prepare his team at all

5. commandercornpone says: Oct 31, 2012 9:34 PM

not sure i agree on mularkey. a new gm might keep him. with mjd out, and he is worth at least 4 points a game…

u mentioned dallas, right, mike?

have to agree with all the others mentioned, and i would add schwartz. if the lions dont get their act together and win at least 8 or 9 and look good doing it, he should be broomed.

that locker room is out of control. and even more than mayhew, he picked it.

i’d say top 5 really buf, cle, kc, sd, car, in no particular order.

florio u ought to do these at least monthly for GMs.

6. raiderapologist says: Oct 31, 2012 9:38 PM

The top 5 doesn’t include Crennel or Gailey? I hardly ever watch videos on this site, but when I do I always feel dirty.

7. FinFan68 says: Nov 1, 2012 12:15 AM

There are a bunch of coaches that could/should get fired. Reid, Turner, Garrett, Crennel, Rivera, Shurmur, Schwartz, Whisenhunt, Mularky, Ryan, and Gailey could all be canned unless their teams have dramatic turnarounds…even that wouldn’t save a couple of them. Frazier and even Lewis and Lovie Smith could be gone if their teams lose in the second half of the year. Some of these guys are outstanding coordinators but just are not good HCs. There could be some movement and team swapping and some team that cleans house could get a stellar coaching staff.

Imagine the Cowboys if Turner was the OC and Ryan became the HC with his brother as DC. That could either be great or at a minimum entertaining.

8. diehardcatz says: Nov 1, 2012 2:50 AM

Ron Rivera, gone.

9. kcchiefsfandave says: Nov 1, 2012 7:42 AM

I think after tonight it will be pretty obvious who will lose their job.

10. oriolesvsravens says: Nov 1, 2012 7:47 AM

As a Raven fan I’ll put Cam and John on the hot seat, not under grave circumstances for John though. I added John because he seems like the spokes person for the Ravens rather than the guy who runs the team. It seems like Cam does what he wants every year and John is getting called out for it now. It’s also a lot of GMs across the league who should be on the hot seat as well. And the entire team in San Diego.

11. thechronicjoker says: Nov 1, 2012 8:23 AM

My dark horse is Rex Ryan, a lot of defensive playmakers but when you chose Soprano as O.C. your doomed. I’m sittisng back laughing at the qb situation