Colts shaving heads in support of Chuck Pagano

coltsbald

Players on the Indianapolis Colts are shaving their heads in solidarity with head coach Chuck Pagano, who has begun his second course of chemotherapy treatment for leukemia.

Colts owner Jim Irsay wrote on Twitter that several players have already gone bald to show their support for Pagano.

“Buzzed heads abound in our locker room right now in honor of Chuck!” Irsay wrote.

Colts long snapper Matt Overton tweeted the picture you see here of himself, punter Pat McAfee and kicker Adam Vinatieri, all of whom shaved their heads today.

Pagano’s cancer is in remission, but he still has a long road to recovery ahead of him. He is not expected to resume his position as the head coach this season, although the Colts have expressed optimism that he could become more involved after his second course of chemotherapy is completed, and possibly be on the sideline for a game by the end of the year.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Indianapolis Colts, Rumor Mill
15 Responses to “Colts shaving heads in support of Chuck Pagano”
  1. fitzmagic1212 says: Nov 6, 2012 6:12 PM

this team has a high school feel! not meaning that in a bad way..they truly care about winning and each other. my bills suck so i will support them in the playoffs!

2. Mr. Wright 212 says: Nov 6, 2012 6:17 PM

They love the guy, and we’re all pulling for Pagano, but I seriously doubt those guys who’ve been growing their dreads for 7-8 years ain’t cutting theirs…

3. bechillin says: Nov 6, 2012 6:18 PM

this is what sports is really about, bringing people together. props to the colts players

4. axespray says: Nov 6, 2012 6:23 PM

locker room looking like the set of alien 3 or something… hope they make some noise in the playoffs when they get Chuck back.

5. mataug says: Nov 6, 2012 6:30 PM

would be cool if they were to now grow moustache for Movember :)

6. firejc says: Nov 6, 2012 6:43 PM

I guess the test is whether the owner and the rookie QB do the same.

7. yelix says: Nov 6, 2012 7:06 PM

Is it possible to root against the Colts right now?

8. bcfalcon says: Nov 6, 2012 7:10 PM

That’s an awesome thing for them to do!

9. specialagentjohnnyutah says: Nov 6, 2012 7:54 PM

More awesome “human beings” on here giving “thumbs down” to supportive comments for a man with cancer.

As I said with the Steve Gleason story from last night, if you have the balls to give a thumbs down to “get better, we are pulling for ya” type of comments for guys with ALS and Cancer then don’t be a coward and please post your rationale for doing so.

10. cubb1 says: Nov 6, 2012 8:01 PM

My Air Force unit had someone w/ leukemia, and we did the same thing. It definitely helped bring us all together, and I think it helped his morale as well. He certainly knew we were all supporting him. His cancer went into remission, and he’s still on Active Duty.

11. cbblitz21 says: Nov 6, 2012 8:53 PM

We had a coach that was going through chemo in high school and we had almost the entire team shave their head after a practice. I looked absolutely ridiculous. A white dude with blonde eyebrows, a bumpy head and acne was not exactly a great sight. My girlfriend at the time (who I am now married to) cried when she saw me. Not just teared up, but bawled. We had a homecoming dance and I think she was hoping for better pictures or something. Oh well…it was worth it! Chuckstrong!

12. h1ndrix says: Nov 6, 2012 9:22 PM

Save a seat on the Colts bandwagon for this Redskins fan. Great group group of guys the Colts have. Best of luck to Chuck Pagano and the team.

13. dbones750 says: Nov 6, 2012 10:48 PM

This guy’s first game back is gonna be crazy. I would not want to be the other team on that day.

14. mikealstott says: Nov 6, 2012 11:16 PM

This picture makes my balls itch…..

15. bjtmeyer says: Nov 7, 2012 8:45 AM