New video of Bud Adams firing off middle fingers in 2009

Bud Adams AP

On Sunday night, when banging out a late-night item regarding some tough talk from Titans owner Bud Adams, I made a reference to his notorious double-barreled middle finger incident from November 2009.

It arguably was the best $250,000 he ever spent.

While looking for the YouTube video of Adams in a luxury suite letting the birds flip toward the Buffalo sideline, I tripped across a video of Adams from that same game.  Doing the same thing.  In an entirely different place.

Late in the 41-17 win over the Bills, Adams makes a visit to the field.  Standing near one of the end zones, he eventually turns and waves to the crowd.  Then, at the 2:35 mark, he fires a couple of middle fingers to the Bills sideline, after showing to the crowd the two middle fingers that he planned to show to the Bills sideline.

And then he did it again.

Adams was 86 at the time.  If I make it to 86, I plan to do the same thing.  If not to the sideline of an NFL team, to the Grim Reaper.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Tennessee Titans
19 Responses to “New video of Bud Adams firing off middle fingers in 2009”
  1. axespray says: Nov 6, 2012 6:39 PM

If you’re down with Stone Cold Bud Adams – then give me a “(H – E – Double Hockey Sticks) Yeah!”

2. mjbulls45 says: Nov 6, 2012 6:40 PM

1 of the best owners in all of sports

3. johnnycash19 says: Nov 6, 2012 6:41 PM

If not to the sideline of an NFL team, to the Grim Reaper.
    —–
    LOL kick his ass!

4. seattlerogueburner says: Nov 6, 2012 6:46 PM

Seeing a 80+ man or woman flipping the bird has got to be one of the most entertaining sites ever. When I’m that old, everywhere I go, the bird goes with me.

5. thenewenglandpatriots12 says: Nov 6, 2012 8:05 PM

Awesome

6. fmwarner says: Nov 6, 2012 8:09 PM

Meanwhile, Bud’s coaches flip him the bird for trying to dictate who plays, even if his name is Vince freakin’ Young.

7. raymondtx says: Nov 6, 2012 8:32 PM

That is a perfect example of why the city of Houston hates this bumbling idiot. It must be killing him what the Texans are doing this year. The city will shoot you the finger when we win the Superbowl.

8. queenlivekillers says: Nov 6, 2012 8:44 PM

Hell-to-the-yeah!

9. ialwayswantedtobeabanker says: Nov 6, 2012 8:59 PM

Man, on Seinfeld — they portrayed good old boys from Houston as a bunch of drunk, sloppy and and happy-go-lucky guys. Any of you sons-of-bitches remember that episode.

But this bastahd, Adams, has none of that.

10. isphet71 says: Nov 6, 2012 9:27 PM

Old news is old.

11. cereal blogger says: Nov 6, 2012 9:37 PM

I just dont have the words, I enjoyed that so much. I do have a couple of questions, one who dresses him ? What does he have against Buffalo ? Is he related to Colonel Sanders ?

12. catquick says: Nov 6, 2012 9:40 PM

He was advertising his IQ

13. commitment2excrement says: Nov 6, 2012 9:46 PM

old news, but still as funny as the first time I seen it

14. thegreatgabbert says: Nov 6, 2012 9:52 PM

Grim Reaper to Florio: “Cute, guy, I admire spunk. But you know this scythe is really dull and rusty at the moment. Takes forever to do the job. I was going to sharpen her up for you, but you know what? I don’t think I will…”.

15. lilrob10201 says: Nov 6, 2012 9:53 PM

The man looks as he would never do such a thing.Don’t let a person’s looks fool you.

16. modellforprez says: Nov 6, 2012 10:35 PM

wonder if bud smokes bud? or if he drinks it for that matter. any budley duuude. or dude where’s my budley or well yous get thee idearr

17. tutamus says: Nov 6, 2012 10:43 PM

thegreatgabbert says:
    Nov 6, 2012 9:52 PM

That escalated quickly

18. joetoronto says: Nov 7, 2012 4:18 AM

Did anyone else wonder why the dude shooting the video stuck with it for so long?

I’m glad he did, but it’s almost like he knew it was going to happen.

19. therealbleedcoltsblue says: Nov 7, 2012 8:06 AM

Ok… if Mike Vick gives middle fingers to a crowd, we’re reminded @ profootballtalk.com that the NFL audience includes children and that the gesture is not the way a public figure should conduct himself. It also is a story that has been repeated here for the better part of 5 plus years and is constantly used as a reminder of Vick’s perceived lack of moral character.

If Bud Adams does it, it’s made into a joke and viewed as harmless.

#applestooranges?