No changes to Thanksgiving week schedule

Green Bay Packers quarterback Rodgers shakes hands with New York Giants Canty after the Packers were defeated during their NFL NFC Divisional playoff football game in Green Bay Reuters

When the NFL schedule was announced, the Packers’ visit to the Meadowlands to face the Giants on Sunday night in Week 12 looked like one of the biggest matchups of the season.

Nothing’s changed after nine weeks of football. The NFL announced Wednesday that the game will remain on NBC on the evening of Nov. 25 and that there will be no flex scheduling changes to the schedule for that week, which includes three games on Thanksgiving.

The Packers and Giants played a regular season thriller in New Jersey last season that ended with a Mason Crosby field goal to keep the Packers undefeated after 12 games. The Giants would get their revenge on the Packers at Lambeau Field in the playoffs. Given the performance of the two teams to this point in the season, there’s a good chance that the Week 12 game will help set the playoff picture in the NFC.

There aren’t any other games on the schedule that promise the same level of significance, although there are several divisional battles on the slate in Week 12.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, New York Giants, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “No changes to Thanksgiving week schedule”
  1. captainwisdom8888 says: Nov 7, 2012 12:23 PM

What I’d give to watch Barry Sanders vs the Pack one more time on Turkey day…

2. blacknole08 says: Nov 7, 2012 12:29 PM

The schedule makers made a good slate of games for Week 12 this year.

Can’t wait to stuff my face on Thanksgiving and watch the games, then eat leftovers for the rest of week in anticipation for the slate that Sunday.

3. gmen2thebowl says: Nov 7, 2012 12:47 PM

Man, I hate to say it but Im not too excited about this game. The last time we got the turkey day game I was really excited then the Broncos stomped us out. I’m in for a great night,buffet style dinner and a good night sleep or some SEVERE indigestion followed by some good old’ constipation. Ah, who am I kidding I’ll never turn down watching my team play on Thanksgiving!

4. jgedgar70 says: Nov 7, 2012 1:36 PM

I understand not changing the Sunday schedule. The one game every human being is dying to see – Panthers-Eagles – is on Monday. Can’t move that one, so they have to stick to finding the second-best game of the week for SNF.

(Sarcasm off)

5. vltrophy14 says: Nov 7, 2012 1:56 PM

Packers don’t play on Thanksgiving this year but the Giants game is definitely one of the games I’m looking forward to more than the others. This will be the game of the week. Packers win this game & won’t have to come from behind like last time.

6. axespray says: Nov 7, 2012 2:57 PM

Packers have had some fun exciting games this year, Giants have had some fun exciting games this year….

Peanut Butter & Jelly – this game best deliver, or I’m pimp slapping a fish at a supermarket – ya heaRd?

7. jimmylions says: Nov 7, 2012 6:04 PM

Here’s to hoping the Lions discover a solution for the Houston defense on Thanksgiving. :)