While rehabbing torn triceps, Ray Lewis visits Ravens

Dallas Cowboys v Baltimore Ravens Getty Images

Last month, Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis suffered a torn triceps.  Initially believed to be out for the year, the Ravens placed him on what Pro Football Talk cohost Erik Kuselias likes to call “revocable IR.”

It’s still not clear when he’ll be back on the field.  (Lewis, not Kuselias.)  But he was back with the team on Friday, visiting the players as they prepare to play the Raiders.

“It’s truly great to be back with my teammates,” Lewis said in a statement released by the team.  “I’ve really missed these guys and the feel of being around the team and in the locker room.  I am focused on rehabbing and getting my arm and body as strong as they can be.  I will speak in person when I know a little more about my progress.  I’m working hard and looking forward to coming back and helping this team.  But right now, the focus should be on the guys playing, and I’ll be the biggest cheerleader I can be for them.”

And, of course, the best way to focus on the guys playing is for a guy who isn’t playing to issue a statement.

We’re kidding.  The status of one of the best defensive players in league history is a relevant concern for a team that has seen its defense become a shell of what it once was.  The sooner Lewis is back, the better the Baltimore defense will be.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Home, Rumor Mill
6 Responses to “While rehabbing torn triceps, Ray Lewis visits Ravens”
  1. blacknole08 says: Nov 9, 2012 1:39 PM

I’m sorry, but the Ravens D has been SOFT without Lewis in the middle. Ngata is hurt and Reed banged up. Suggs isn’t 100 percent.

Teams will start to run the ball up the gut more.

2. Stiller43 says: Nov 9, 2012 1:44 PM

“The sooner Lewis is back, the better the Baltimore defense will be.”

They were 24th WITH him.

3. getyourownname says: Nov 9, 2012 2:05 PM

You were right to ask when Kuselias will be back playing the field, too.

4. dontstabmeray says: Nov 9, 2012 2:42 PM

Yea I’m sure he will help that pathetic defense. His greatest talent he has brought to the team the last five years was pile jumping and getting credit for a half-tackle.

5. mr4thand1 says: Nov 9, 2012 3:29 PM

“Cute kid”.

6. fdugrad says: Nov 9, 2012 7:17 PM

God knows I wouldn’t want to be the one, however it might be time for someone to talk to Mr. Lewis regarding his awaiting career as a motivational speaker.
    ESPN is always looking for ex-players to work behind the mike, and of course, there is always charity work within his community. He is clearly not close to the player fans remember and it would be a sad day indeed to think about his last days and have him in the same frame as our mental-photo album with Mr. Unitas and Broadway Joe as they dragged themselves around the field while wearing strange uniforms.