Giants activate Will Hill

Tim Tebow AP

With Kenny Phillips still out of action following a September 30 knee injury, the Giants have gotten some help at safety.

The team has announced that safety Will Hill has been added to the active roster, following a four-game suspension for Adderall.  Hill claimed he had a prescription for the drug, but NFL policy also requires a waiver.

Hill played as a backup in each of the team’s first five games of the season.

I’m definitely excited,” Hill told Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger on Friday.  “I’ve got a lot of pent-up aggression that I’ve got to let out, and I’m just happy to contribute to the team in some way.”

With the Giants possibly on the front end of their annual midseason swoon, any contribution will help.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Home, New York Giants, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Giants activate Will Hill”
  1. zack2482 says: Nov 10, 2012 6:36 PM

Giants aren’t doing squat this year.

2. purplengold says: Nov 10, 2012 6:46 PM

He had prescription from a doctor. Where did the Goodell go to medical school?

3. Mr. Wright 212 says: Nov 10, 2012 7:31 PM

We will need all of those S guys vs. NO and GB, as well as PHI, but I see a 5-2 finish including tomorrow.

zack, keep dreaming, boy.

4. joeyd524 says: Nov 10, 2012 8:23 PM

Giants ain’t doing squat this year..your a genius..they just won the f’in thing last year..they’ll win the division,and nobody nobody wants to play them in the playoffs..dope

Trying to figure out zack? Please don’t tell me the irrelevant dolphins.

5. gcsuk says: Nov 10, 2012 8:29 PM

“To make room for Hill, cornerback Michael Coe was placed on injured reserve, due to hamstring problem.”

Hamstring problem? I don’t know, he looked pretty sharp on that fake Field Goal last week against Pitt. Too bad, Coe was decent depth. But I guess Hill is BETTER depth, and when Phillips gets back, the Giants will be stoked at Safety.

6. roadtrip3500 says: Nov 10, 2012 9:20 PM

As long as they keep Stevie Brown around. Giants haven’t had a ball hawk in the secondary since Jason Sehorn.

7. jjrs89 says: Nov 10, 2012 9:50 PM

Once upon a time, will hill had the greatest twitter account on the internet

8. n0hopeleft says: Nov 11, 2012 12:13 AM

For all of you stating the Giants 2ndary will cost them this year:

I heard the same thing last year against ATL and GB in the postseason.

Do your homework, we are just warming up for December and January. We are better in the 2ndary than last year.