Raiders assistant coach Terrell Williams’ 4-year-old son dies

terrellwilliams

Tyson Williams, the son of Raiders defensive line coach Terrell Williams, has died just eight days after his 4th birthday.

The Raiders announced on Saturday afternoon that Tyson became suddenly and unexpectedly ill a little over a week ago and died on Friday.

We were all shocked by the news we received when we arrived in Baltimore last night,” Raiders coach Dennis Allen said in a statement released by the team. “Terrell and Tifini have been dealing with unimaginable tragedy this week, and our hearts go out to them. We’re all deeply saddened by the passing of Tyson, and our deepest sympathies go out to Terrell and his entire family.”

The Raiders’ announcement said that Tyson will be remembered as a boy who made friends easily despite moving from Indiana to Texas to California as his dad moved around for various coaching positions, for enjoying cartoons and for showing a deep love for his eight-month-old brother, Tahj.

Permalink 45 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
45 Responses to “Raiders assistant coach Terrell Williams’ 4-year-old son dies”
  1. patfic15 says: Nov 10, 2012 4:27 PM

Poor guy. Hope I never see such a day. God bless.

2. bigswifty74 says: Nov 10, 2012 4:29 PM

Having a 5 and 2 year old, I can’t even imagine what Terrell and his family is going through. Our thoughts, prayers and condolences to the entire Williams family.

3. superdons says: Nov 10, 2012 4:30 PM

God bless him and the family.

4. wize21 says: Nov 10, 2012 4:31 PM

Prayers to the fam

5. curtispaintersbackup says: Nov 10, 2012 4:33 PM

I couldn’t begin to imagine what him and his family are going through.

6. mazblast says: Nov 10, 2012 4:34 PM

It doesn’t matter who you root for, either your heart goes out to the Williams family or you’re completely lacking in human decency. This is just one more example of what really comes first in our lives.

7. buccfaninhawkeyecountry says: Nov 10, 2012 4:34 PM

An as much as i hate the raiders. Thats terrible. Never wish that upon somebody.

8. inthearex says: Nov 10, 2012 4:35 PM

This happened to my parents years ago. If they can somehow find a way to make it through this than this can make their bond stronger than they could imagine. My sympathies out to the Williams family.

9. ososrule says: Nov 10, 2012 4:35 PM

Sorry for your loss Coach Williams. Prayers to your family and you!

10. 76raiders says: Nov 10, 2012 4:45 PM

Prayers go out to you and your family. God bless you. Stay strong and positive. Peace.

11. reddcowboys says: Nov 10, 2012 4:50 PM

Awful news our thoughts and prayers go out to your family!

12. bigdawgy54 says: Nov 10, 2012 4:55 PM

Mr. Williams, blessings to to you and your family.

13. flaccounibrow says: Nov 10, 2012 4:57 PM

This is unfathomably horrible. Thoughts and prayers to the Coach and his family.

14. gallaghedj311 says: Nov 10, 2012 5:00 PM

Thoughts and prayers to his family and to Raider Nation. Such sad news.

15. steviemo says: Nov 10, 2012 5:03 PM

I lost a son who was two and a half months old. It is such unspeakable pain. My heart goes out to coach and his entire extended family.

16. nesuperfan says: Nov 10, 2012 5:03 PM

Incredibly sad. I could not imagine losing my child, let alone at four years old. My best wishes go out to the family.

17. raiderrob21 says: Nov 10, 2012 5:05 PM

Just terrible news, hate stories like tgese.

18. chief67 says: Nov 10, 2012 5:19 PM

I HATE the Raiders , but I feel bad for anyone that has a son die so young . Hopefully the Williams family can find peace when this is all over .

19. jagfan8030 says: Nov 10, 2012 5:26 PM

Couldn’t imagine the pain he is feeling.. My respect goes out to the family

20. chattanola says: Nov 10, 2012 5:32 PM

Sending God’s light to little Tyson and the whole Williams family.

21. sharkcity408 says: Nov 10, 2012 5:35 PM

Heart breaks reading this

22. joetoronto says: Nov 10, 2012 5:36 PM

This is the ultimate tragedy, the single worse thing that can happen to anybody, to lose a child.

All the best to the family.

23. 808ninerfan says: Nov 10, 2012 5:41 PM

I’m a niner fan through and through and hate the raiders with a passion but this goes way beyond football and no one no matter where there from deserves the pain of losing someone so young and innocent. May god bless u and your family as u deal with this. God had bigger plans for him but parents should never bury there kids and respect for any1 who does it my prayers go out for you and your entire family

24. PriorKnowledge says: Nov 10, 2012 5:59 PM

my mother lost my older brother when he was only a few days old. she never forgot him and whenever she told me the story, she would cry.

this is so awful, I cannot imagine the pain the Williams are feeling now. I would rather give up my life than live with the horror of losing one of my children.

to the diaper-wearers that are voting thumbs down. Must be time to change your diaper, because it stinks.

25. louisianafootballfan says: Nov 10, 2012 6:32 PM

Prayers go out to this family. Nothing will ever ease their pain, but I hope they will be able to feel the love coming their way from all over. For those of you making negative comments (phantom), shame on you. I hope you never experience the loss of a child. No matter the age, it is a pain unimaginable.

26. cags777 says: Nov 10, 2012 7:30 PM

How awful and sad to have this happen. My thoughts and prayers are with Coach Williams and his family.

27. briggsisbrokeagain says: Nov 10, 2012 7:35 PM

My God, that’s as sad as it gets. RIP

28. eleventyeight says: Nov 10, 2012 7:36 PM

What an awful tragedy. No one should suffer that. Not to any child much less a 4y.o.

29. hansenbrothers says: Nov 10, 2012 7:39 PM

That’s horrendous. I couldn’t imagine. I would wish such a fate on no one. My prayers go out to them.

30. sullijo1 says: Nov 10, 2012 8:08 PM

Terrible – nobody should have to go through that.

31. cav2ya says: Nov 10, 2012 8:45 PM

absolutely unimaginable.
    As an eagles fan for 40yrs, I hope I can speak for Eagles nation in saying our thoughts are with Terrell and his family at this time. this so hard to imagine the lose of a child..

32. shaunypoo says: Nov 10, 2012 10:17 PM

My condolences.

Outliving your children, especially one that young, is terrible.

33. ryanw822 says: Nov 10, 2012 11:12 PM

My heart breaks for the family.

No matter what happens tomorrow, hopefully we all remember its just a game.

34. AlohaMrHand says: Nov 11, 2012 2:11 AM

this is so sad to hear and my heart and prayers to out to him and his family.

35. chilomane says: Nov 11, 2012 2:31 AM

My Condolences to the Williams family.

36. mrpapadakos says: Nov 11, 2012 3:33 AM

Sorry for your loss Coach Williams.

37. crystalcoastraider says: Nov 11, 2012 7:00 AM

Raider Nation mourns….

38. flavordave says: Nov 11, 2012 7:21 AM

Stay strong and God Bless. Theres nothing worse then seeing a little when that doesnt get a chance at life. Id like to add 25% of the readers of profootballtalk have no soul….

39. villa41 says: Nov 11, 2012 8:20 AM

Condolences to Terrell Williams and his family.

Is there ANY reason why the comments to this article are getting thumbed down? Some of you people are sad and downright sick in the head. No matter how much you hate the Raiders, to thumb down on this article is beyond mind boggling. Some of you are consumed with your hate, and it will ultimately do you in.

40. jazmynand says: Nov 11, 2012 9:22 AM

wow my condolences go out to him. :(

41. cali49er707 says: Nov 11, 2012 9:27 AM

steviemo says:
    Nov 10, 2012 5:03 PM
    ______________________________
    No doubt brother!! Thats horrible & Lord bless you and your family !!!! As well as the coach of the Raiders!! NOBODY should have to feel that loss!!!!

The folks that thumbs down should GO TO HELL!!!!

42. 8man says: Nov 11, 2012 9:31 AM

This is a parent’s greatest fear. I imagine it kills your soul.

No words make this better. May God guide them through this and protect their youngest.

43. billsfan1 says: Nov 11, 2012 9:34 AM

**********************************************
    This post received 69 thumbs down? If you thumbs down this post or any positive post on this story, you officially have lost all value of purpose on the planet… your services on earth are no longer needed

44. radrntn says: Nov 11, 2012 10:35 AM

wow, 4 year old is such a great age of a child. sad to hear. prayers go out for the family

45. thetwilightsown says: Nov 11, 2012 12:51 PM

Heart goes out to him and his family – may peace find you.

And to any piece if human garbage that would “thumbs down” this article or any condolence post: may all the bad things in life find you and rock you from your stupor.