Dwayne Bowe denies he wanted out of KC “very badly”

Kansas City Chiefs v Pittsburgh Steelers Getty Images

Before the trade deadline, there was a report that Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe wanted out of Kansas City “very badly.”

That never came to pass, but Bowe now says it wasn’t the truth.

Why wouldn’t I want to stay here? It’s a no-brainer for me,” Bowe told Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star. “I never said I didn’t want to be here. I never said that. This is where it started for me. This is where people know me from. That’s crazy to me.

“When I heard that, I was like, ‘Where did that come from?’ I never said I wanted out. Please clear that up for me. Do I play like I don’t want to be here? I just keep my mouth closed and play the game. That’s what I do. Please tell everybody to stop saying I’m a bad guy. I just don’t talk [to the media much].”

Actually, unless you “very badly” like barbecue, or “very badly” enjoy watching the Royals play baseball “very badly,” getting out of Kansas City is very much a brainer.

Perhaps you’ve heard, but the Chiefs aren’t very good, and their choices in quarterback aren’t the kind to inspire a talented receiver. They didn’t lead in a game until last week, and they lead the league in turnovers.

But Bowe was adamant about hanging around after his franchise-tag season.

“This is where I was drafted,” Bowe said. “When I’m finished, I feel I should be in the Hall of Fame and hopefully win Super Bowls.

“I play the game to win. That’s what I do week in and week out. I feel we can do that here, of course. Things happen, and it won’t be easy, but I try to show [that spirit] and it will become contagious. You’ll see it. It’s coming.”

Bowe is only 12 passes short of passing Henry Marshall for most receptions by a Chiefs wideout, and he’s also on pace for his best season in terms of receptions.

And to listen to him, he wants to catch many more passes there.

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Kansas City Chiefs, Rumor Mill
12 Responses to “Dwayne Bowe denies he wanted out of KC “very badly””
  1. niners816 says: Nov 15, 2012 7:54 PM

It’s okay, Dwayne, no one blames you for wanting to leave.

2. blackandbluedivision says: Nov 15, 2012 7:58 PM

After the last game he should have had a lot more. He dropped a lot of passes against Pittsburgh.

3. farty5 says: Nov 15, 2012 8:00 PM

Why would he want to leave? Drops 3 balls per game and the expectations are so low that no one cares.

4. raiderinva says: Nov 15, 2012 8:02 PM

Translation: The trade didn’t go through, KC wanted too much for him.

KC probably was trying to get a first round or multiple second and third round picks for the 6th year WR.

5. pooflingingmonkey says: Nov 15, 2012 8:02 PM

Well, I want out of Kansas City very badly! Does that count for anything?

6. ottawabrave91 says: Nov 15, 2012 8:34 PM

he will demand a giant amount of money that he hasn’t earned. and rightfully the chiefs wont pay it to him. so then he will be able to say that he wanted to stay in k c but that it wasn’t his choice he has to leave. its a shame too. he is a good player and lots of us like him here in k c

7. blackngold4life says: Nov 15, 2012 9:00 PM

Lol OMG @ no brainer..Question is why would he wana stay! They must be paying him a boat load.. with Quinn and Cassell at QB..players don’t want Lombardi trophies these days. They take all this $ for teams that have NO shot at a Superbowl.

8. jdphx says: Nov 15, 2012 9:02 PM

Nice read DG!

Still chuckling….

9. displacedsox says: Nov 15, 2012 9:56 PM

Even the concession guys want out

10. gerard33 says: Nov 15, 2012 9:56 PM

I just hope the Chiefs players know the fans are NOT against them, we will hang in there with them if they hang in there with us… Flowers, Albert, Bowe, I’m talking to you, and others. We both want the same thing, success, and if we stick together, we WILL find it.

The Kansas City Chiefs are not losers, they will get through this test of will & be stronger for it, together.

11. ytownjoe says: Nov 15, 2012 10:09 PM

If he continues to perform as badly as he did last week, there won’t be much of a market for him after this season.

12. trenaro says: Nov 15, 2012 10:35 PM

I’m in KC. Bowe drops too many passes, always has. #2 on most teams or moral is bad on a bad team – really bad team. We need help.