Suh tells anonymous scout to “Grow up and be a man or a woman”

Detroit Lions v Chicago Bears Getty Images

We noted this morning that an anonymous scout was quoted as saying that Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh is coddled and doesn’t push himself. Unsurprisingly, Suh doesn’t think highly of that critic, whoever he or she is.

“It’s really funny that we’re keeping everybody anonymous,” Suh told reporters today. “I wish people would kind of grow up and be a man or a woman and say exactly how they feel and put their name behind it. I mean, I really don’t care. . . . I don’t really care what you have to say about me, as long as my coaches feel that I’m producing for my team. I continue to prove that and show that day in and day out as well as in games week in and week out.”

Suh was also asked about playing against Packers offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith on Sunday, and he was unsurprisingly uninterested in addressing last year’s Thanksgiving incident in which Suh stomped on Dietrich-Smith, resulting in an ejection and a two-game suspension. Suh said he has no intention of saying anything to Dietrich-Smith.

“That was in 2011. It’s 2012. Let’s move on,” Suh said. “He’s on the other side. I have no plans to say anything to him.”

As long as Suh doesn’t stomp on him, that represents progress.

Permalink 31 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
31 Responses to “Suh tells anonymous scout to “Grow up and be a man or a woman””
  1. cereal blogger says: Nov 15, 2012 5:19 PM

I wonder if a small unknown to man micro bacteria lives within Suh’s head wrinkle ? It should be looked into

2. apm says: Nov 15, 2012 5:20 PM

WAR on anonymous sources!

3. otrd13 says: Nov 15, 2012 5:24 PM

says the boy who refuses to own up to his mistakes like a man… a taste for irony much suh?

4. kpf1981 says: Nov 15, 2012 5:26 PM

they were right…no coping skills. must be coddled…

5. raymondtx says: Nov 15, 2012 5:26 PM

I guess stomping on someone’s head is “grown up” behavior to Suh.

6. maddenisfordorks says: Nov 15, 2012 5:26 PM

At least he was being PC about it!

7. panthrobro says: Nov 15, 2012 5:28 PM

Better tape your shoe laces down Suh, hahaha!

8. ilovefoolsball says: Nov 15, 2012 5:31 PM

His coaches don’t think he’s producing I heard from an anonymous source named Jim Schwartz.

Oops.

9. bodhisattva says: Nov 15, 2012 5:33 PM

He appears to be being poorly advised.

10. 3ghostninja says: Nov 15, 2012 5:34 PM

The anonymous “professional” with the scathing opinions is getting old fast. Last week with Raiola and this week with Suh. It is kinda funny though. They’re picking on people who have a history of outbursts. That’s a reputation that’s hard to shake because your every move is scrutinized after receiving the hot tempered label.

Still though. If you’re going to criticize an athlete, don’t make it personal and put your name behind it.

11. fuglyflorio says: Nov 15, 2012 5:38 PM

Albert Haynesworth 2.0. I can’t wait to see what chump team picks him up after his rookie contract runs out.

12. someidiotfromouthereintheprojects says: Nov 15, 2012 5:52 PM

“grow up and be a man or a woman,” says the guy with serious maturity issues, that assaults people and gets traffic citations twice a year.

13. asublimeday says: Nov 15, 2012 5:57 PM

Last sentence of this story is funny

14. vicksprman says: Nov 15, 2012 5:58 PM

And we wonder why these athletes dislike the media and get upset. I wouldn’t print anything from an anonymous source because you don”t know what the motive is. The worse anonymous source in history is and was Jeff Fischer.

15. hyzers says: Nov 15, 2012 6:02 PM

raymondtx says:
    Nov 15, 2012 5:26 PM
    I guess stomping on someone’s head is “grown up” behavior to Suh.
    ————————————————

When exactly has Suh ever stomped on someone’s head?

16. rushmatic says: Nov 15, 2012 6:16 PM

“As long as Suh doesn’t stomp on him, that represents progress.”

Zing. Good stuff.

17. charism4 says: Nov 15, 2012 6:24 PM

We’ll see what happens when they Step on to the field.

Also, did he just ask for a trade to wherever Rex Ryan is? They are using the same lines. Although Rex should be out a job and there should be a spot in Detroit for him to Stomp his Feet over to.

18. bigtganks says: Nov 15, 2012 6:28 PM

“I don’t really care what you have to say about me… but now I’m going to tell you how much it bothers me.”

19. ubummer says: Nov 15, 2012 6:35 PM

Remind me again how much guaranteed money Suh has coming to him?

20. polegojim says: Nov 15, 2012 6:46 PM

Lions Fan here…. and Mr. Suh, you’re effort this year has been very disappointing.

Many games you’re not even getting double teamed…. and nothing to show for it.

Shut up and get some sacks.

21. houndog50 says: Nov 15, 2012 6:48 PM

Just another example of how easy it is to get into Suh’s head! If indeed Dietrich-Smith was untying his shoe laces that’s smart, it’s now a documented fact that it got into Suh’s head, and got Suh out of his (and the) game! Brilliant!

22. bargainstown says: Nov 15, 2012 7:24 PM

I guess stomping on someone’s head is “grown up” behavior to Suh.

Lets get our Suh bashing correct. It was his arm. The head bashing was Albert Haynesworth

23. 989lions says: Nov 15, 2012 7:29 PM

let’s get some facts straight:
    a) the “stomp” was to the arm, not head. I dont know where this notion that he stepped on his head came from.

b) since when does receiving minor traffic violations make you a bad person? everyone that looks down on someone for speeding tickets better have a SPOTLESS driving record.

24. mintberrycrunch1 says: Nov 15, 2012 7:33 PM

Bottom line is its impossible for this random scout (most likely for a division rival) to have any clue how the coaching staff treats Suh, and how Suh goes about his business as far as training and practicing goes.

Its 100% pure speculation and the problem with it is that some people will read it and take it as fact when in reality its just some guys’ outside opinion.

25. sterling7 says: Nov 15, 2012 7:37 PM

How ironic that men who weigh well over three hundred pounds are always the ones spouting off about someone stepping up to be a man. How about Suh stepping up by returning some of the money he hasn’t earned this year-I thought he was injured because I don’t recall him making plays or being a factor other than a non factor this season!

26. ocdn says: Nov 15, 2012 8:00 PM

polegojim says: Nov 15, 2012 6:46 PM

Many games you’re not even getting double teamed…. and nothing to show for it.

Shut up and get some sacks.
    ——————————————————
    Agree Sir.

27. fdugrad says: Nov 15, 2012 8:09 PM

This man is quickly becoming a Train Wreck. That being said, Mr./Ms. Scout…Put Your NAME on it…Coach Herm!

28. mintberrycrunch1 says: Nov 15, 2012 8:43 PM

Just want to remind people that a DT can impact a game without getting sacks. Just look at a guy like Vince Wilfork. If Suh is pushing back the pocket and making the QB uncomfortable and making him force throws then he is doing his job. The knowitalls around here come across as obnoxious every time they say Suh has been invisible to them just because he doesn’t have 10 sacks like his rookie season.

29. 2fleas says: Nov 15, 2012 10:46 PM

@mintberrycrunch

Or he could back up his awesome rookie season by coming close to or surpassing those numbers. See Von Miller. He’s getting doubled every snap but still comes up with amazing plays every week. I believe he’s second sacks to JJ Watt.

30. jimmylions says: Nov 16, 2012 12:15 AM

Suh is right – it is cowardly for someone in the league to talk trash to the media and hide behind anonymity.

It’s even weaker when sources carry the anonymous story — even when they hide behind the “we’re covering the story of the story” nonsense.

Bottom line – he’s having a great year. His one encroachment penalty is making the haters really dig for trash to talk. Lions are still a top 10 defense.

31. juanhughjazz says: Nov 16, 2012 7:14 AM

fuglyflorio says:
    Nov 15, 2012 5:38 PM

========================================================================

How many times are you going to repeat that line?