Pierre Garçon: I should be good to go on Sunday

Pierre Garcon, Corey White AP

Thinks looked fairly bleak for Pierre Garçon not so long ago, but the skies have brightened significantly this week.

The Redskins have listed him as questionable, but the signs are pointing toward Garçon’s return to the lineup after a long spell on the bench with a torn ligament in his foot. Coach Mike Shanahan he thinks Garçon will play and Garçon was of a similar mind when asked about his status.

“I should be good to go on Sunday,” Garçon said, via Rich Campbell of the Washington Times.

Garçon’s return to practice this week was designed to see if he could play with the injury, which is still bothering him, or if he needed to have surgery that would end his season. The results have been nothing but positive, which leaves a return to game action as the next step in the process. A healthy and effective Garçon would be a big boost to the Redskins offense over the rest of the season.

Shanahan also expects safety Brandon Meriweather to play for the first time this season, barring a setback before the game. With Meriweather, it’s an important note. He made it this far once before this season only to collide with wide receiver Aldrick Robinson during warmups, aggravating his knee injury and delaying his debut even more.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Washington Redskins
7 Responses to “Pierre Garçon: I should be good to go on Sunday”
  1. daddyb1gdrawz says: Nov 16, 2012 2:34 PM

Over-under on how many snaps he plays. I am setting the line at 20.

2. redskinsroost says: Nov 16, 2012 2:43 PM

Much too little, way too late.
    Stay off the foot and let it heal. Be ready for 2013.

3. skins23 says: Nov 16, 2012 2:45 PM

Skins #1 FA & WR: Hurt in first quarter of season on a TD pass.

Skins #1 TE: Hurt on play where he wasn’t touched vs. Giants on a play that shouldn’t have happened. Out for season week 7.

Skins #1 safety acquisition: Hurt before he played a down, then when he is ready to play, runs into own teammate in warmups and is out another month.

Skins #2 safety acquision: banned by the NFL 15 minutes before the deadline to cut roster to 53.

Skins #2 RB: Put on IR on week 3.

Skins #1 OLB and starting DE: Put on IR in week 2.

Plus about 5-6 other guys on IR.

We have the best luck.

No sense rushing Garcon back either… the Skins botched this by not making him have surgery right away. Only going to make it worse at this point.

4. andyb053 says: Nov 16, 2012 3:31 PM

I see where you fans are going with this whole “shut him down for the year” mentality. But selfishly I look at the schedule and know that the Skins play the 2 teams I hate most in all of sports in the next 6 days. Then I also remember that we don’t have a 1st rd pick next year anyway. I’m a selfish fan, I know…but I’m a fan of the Skins and I’m a fan of anybody who beats the Eagles and especially the Cowboys.

If anything, let him rest a few more days and have him be that much closer to being healthy for the Thanksgiving game.

5. skeeeiins says: Nov 16, 2012 3:58 PM