Dez Bryant: Getting booed hurt my heart

Cleveland Browns v Dallas Cowboys Getty Images

Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant had a very productive Sunday.

He caught 12 passes for 145 yards to help the Cowboys come back in the second half against the Browns and ultimately win the game in overtime. That didn’t stop him from hearing boos at Cowboys Stadium, though. Bryant heard the razzing after he went out of bounds instead of fighting Browns defenders for a first down on a catch in the second quarter.

“I was hearing it. I was,” Braynt said, via USA Today. “Man, that hurt my heart.”

Bryant explained what happened on the second down play and said it was a lapse in knowledge of the distance the team needed for a first as opposed to a lack of toughness.

“When I seen where we was at, I was like, Damn. I didn’t mean to do that,” Bryant said. “It’s not like me. It’s not like me to run out of bounds. I seen like four or five guys coming so I took a step out. I didn’t see the first down marker. That’s my bad. I should’ve known where we was at on the field.”

Bryant’s scored touchdowns in each of the last two games, both of which were Cowboys victories. If Bryant can keep producing, while keeping the mistakes at a minimum, the winning streak stands a chance of continuing against the Redskins on Thanksgiving.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill
15 Responses to “Dez Bryant: Getting booed hurt my heart”
  1. brettfavresmidget says: Nov 19, 2012 1:46 PM

A conversation between Dez and Chris Johnson would be nothing short of EPIC.

2. cowboys5x says: Nov 19, 2012 1:52 PM

He is not michael irvin or drew pearson, but he will be a star this year wait till the run game with murray starts up again. he will be making big plays with defences stacking 8 in the box trying to stop murray leaving bryant open. pearson had dorsett and irvin had smith.

3. bucrightoff says: Nov 19, 2012 1:53 PM

If the Boys were smart they would walk away from him sooner than later. Clearly for all the talent this guy has, he’s mentally weak as can be.

4. nygrwy says: Nov 19, 2012 1:58 PM

I think I is dumber reading this

5. siggtacular says: Nov 19, 2012 2:02 PM

Classy, Dallas fans, boo your playmaking receiver despite a win, classy.

6. bigks77 says: Nov 19, 2012 2:08 PM

Cowboys=Losers

7. morgusthemagnificent says: Nov 19, 2012 2:08 PM

Oklahoma st should be proud!

8. tsizzlehotpiss says: Nov 19, 2012 3:15 PM

You can’t fix dumb, and without a doubt, Dez Bryant has a terminal case of it.

9. mazblast says: Nov 19, 2012 5:48 PM

It’s a player’s job to know the score, the time, the yardage needed, the play, the formation. Dez seems unable to master even those little things.

What good is all the talent in the world if you’re a complete freaking dipstick?

10. dropkickbanana says: Nov 19, 2012 6:30 PM

Wow. Couldn’t see the big orange marker. Poor guy doesn’t sound like he could pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel. This curfew thing is starting to make more and more sense.

11. 2Wheels2Many says: Nov 19, 2012 7:23 PM

College man? Good God.

12. ceschatz says: Nov 19, 2012 8:08 PM

Talk your hate all you want. The guy dropped 145 yards and a TD. You only make yourself look pathetic with your hate.

13. doublezero74 says: Nov 19, 2012 8:12 PM

Wow. Just wow

14. baconholybacon says: Nov 19, 2012 8:44 PM

Good thing Bryant is a graduate from Ball-So-Hard U, because he’s certainly not going to write the write the next great American novel.

15. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Nov 20, 2012 4:24 PM

Bryant typically gives a very good effort in fighting for yardage. The problem is that he doesn’t always have his mind in the game like he should.