Texans lose Brooks Reed to groin injury

Mike Thomas, Brooks Reed AP

Texans linebacker Brooks Reed suffered a groin injury in the first quarter of the Thanksgiving battle with the Lions.

Reed went down after appearing to strain something while running toward the sideline to make a tackle, and he was obviously in a lot of pain as he made his way back to the bench. He was replaced in the Texans’ defense by rookie Whitney Mercilus.

Reed wasn’t the only Texan experiencing groin pain: Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh accidentally (I think) kicked Texans quarterback Matt Schaub in the groin as Suh was falling to the ground as he attempted to pressure Schaub as Schaub threw a pass. Schaub was obviously in a lot of pain, but he stayed in the game.

Unlike last Thanksgiving, when Suh stomped Green Bay’s Evan Dietrich-Smith, Suh wasn’t penalized this time. But I’m betting the kick to Schaub’s groin hurt worse.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Home, Houston Texans, Rumor Mill
13 Responses to “Texans lose Brooks Reed to groin injury”
  1. mookie311 says: Nov 22, 2012 1:32 PM

“accidental” kick to matt schaub’s junk. accidental…riiiiiiight.

2. mophatici says: Nov 22, 2012 1:35 PM

in slo-mo it is obvious that it was not an accident. he suddenly kicks his foot out right when he gets to schwabs crotch. reminded me of that scene in “necessary roughness” when Kathy Ireland racked that one guy.

3. jsratx says: Nov 22, 2012 1:36 PM

Accidentally, my ass.

4. purplengold says: Nov 22, 2012 1:37 PM

tied it up :)

5. tbd3 says: Nov 22, 2012 1:37 PM

I thought it was an accident at first, but after seeing the replay, Suh seems to extend his leg – I’m reserving judgement for now.

6. joetoronto says: Nov 22, 2012 1:54 PM

The Lions DL is having a good time right now.

7. scoregasmic says: Nov 22, 2012 2:01 PM

Wow I hate when media tries to make a story out of nothing…it was an accident…relax

8. shaggytoodle says: Nov 22, 2012 2:01 PM

I agree it looked like he “pushed off” or wahtever you want to call it.

I also don’t know if he had intention to hurt Schaub while brining him down shortly before, the 2nd TD for the Texans.

Im done giving him the benefit of the doubt though.

9. term3186 says: Nov 22, 2012 2:02 PM

yeah…. definitely not accidental. his leg is falling naturally then suddenly speeds up from the knee downward. needs to be suspended

10. stafford2calvin says: Nov 22, 2012 2:11 PM

Wow, you people are ridiculous. If you had a pair of eyes you could clearly see t was clearly an accident. He was looking the complete other way. Lmao you people just see what you wanna see, no different from the media.

Hope all you texans fans are enjoying Stafford’s clinic he’s putting on ;)

Can we say overrrrrateddd

11. scoregasmic says: Nov 22, 2012 2:25 PM

If JJ Watt had done that no one would have thought anything of it. And if the media hadn’t decided it was intentional no one else would have either. The media says what they think gets good ratings, this is ridiculous. Everything looks on purpose in slow motion

12. doe22us says: Nov 22, 2012 2:33 PM

Groin injuries, one of the worst to get over. 7 weeks in, and i am still hobbled.

13. manilovethepftcensors says: Nov 22, 2012 3:21 PM

Time for everyone to feign anger and outrage about another non-incident with Suh. I can’t wait for all the ingenious comments that are sure to follow. I’m sure you’re all just OUTRAGED!