Suh sees multiple Super Bowl wins for Lions

Ndamukong Suh AP

Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh still hasn’t spoken about his, um, interaction with Texans quarterback Matt Schaub on Thanksgiving.  However, Suh has no qualms when it comes to talking about his ambitions.

“I do see multiple Super Bowl rings in my future, especially with the team we have now,” Suh says in an upcoming issue of ESPN The Magazine, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.  “We’re a team where if we don’t make mistakes, we are insanely dangerous.”

Some would say that some of the players have been dangerous off the field, insanely or otherwise.

Suh was dangerous, sort of, last Thanksgiving, when he stomped on the arm of Packers guard Evan Dietrich-Smith.  But Suh, who presumably spoke before Thursday’s game, says he has matured.

“I definitely understand how to channel my aggression in a productive way,” uh said. “There are many reasons.  One is I went through that situation last Thanksgiving.  But also, any man, any child grows up. You learn from your mistakes or you go backward.  I’m the kind of person who wants to move forward. My fire is still there.  And when I get a full opportunity to unleash my fire, it’s like the hit I put on [Chicago Bears quarterback Jay] Cutler.  By no means am I trying to hurt him, but I am going 100 [mph] and trying to get him as quickly and as hard down to the ground as possible.  That’s the way I show my dominance, and I am going to continue to do that.  If that situation happens again with Cutler, I’m gonna hit him the same way, if not harder.”

While Suh won’t be suspended for his successful attempt to bring Schaub to the ground in a non-traditional way, Suh likely will be fined.

Whether he’ll will multiple Super Bowls is slightly less clear.

Permalink 52 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Home, Rumor Mill
52 Responses to “Suh sees multiple Super Bowl wins for Lions”
  1. tindeaux says: Nov 26, 2012 7:42 PM

suh will play dirty (or cheat) to get to the superbowl for sure…. i don’t doubt that at all…

2. sonoco says: Nov 26, 2012 7:48 PM

They won’t win anything with Scott Linehan directing the offense. He’s the most overrated OC in the NFL . . . so I hope they keep him.

3. thestrategyexpert says: Nov 26, 2012 7:53 PM

I agree with Suh, but the coaches/GM of the team make tons of mistakes every year, and they don’t seem to have the solutions to their biggest challenges and problems, so I don’t have a lot of confidence in Detroit long-term unless they make changes to the leadership and mngmt structure at the top, and they need strategy personnel that is severely lacking across multiple elements of the game.

There is no team in the NFL that is underachieving more than them based on what they have and the high ceiling of potential they have at their core foundation of player talent and youth. That’s a scary issue and something needs to be done in order to realize those high goals.

4. bigblue5611 says: Nov 26, 2012 7:54 PM

Another clown predicting not one but multiple super bowl wins. Lions won’t even make playoffs the next few years they’re so bad

5. thetokyosandblaster says: Nov 26, 2012 7:55 PM

Wow. He’s as delusional about football as he is about his actions.

6. rexgrossman8 says: Nov 26, 2012 7:59 PM

This fake tough guy also foresees multiple deliberate acts of dirty play with zero accountability.

7. papas88063 says: Nov 26, 2012 8:02 PM

LOL. Detroit Lions/Multiple Super bowls. No, just no. Much less while he is around.

8. danoj14 says: Nov 26, 2012 8:02 PM

“We’re a team where if we don’t make mistakes, we are insanely dangerous.”

That’s a very big IF

9. omeezyx says: Nov 26, 2012 8:03 PM

In Franchise mode on Madden? Maybe. In real life, doubt it

10. pajabroni says: Nov 26, 2012 8:05 PM

Rex Ryan saw multiple Super Bowls for the Jets too…and we all know how thats looking!

11. philtration says: Nov 26, 2012 8:05 PM

Sounds like when this idiot is not kicking other players in the crotch he enjoys getting kicked in the head.

12. bbwasright says: Nov 26, 2012 8:07 PM

Dude! EVERY team in the NFL is extremely dangerous if they don’t make mistakes. The problem is that most teams make a lot of mistakes. The Lions are among them. It’s all well and good to say you are dangerous if you are perfect, it’s another thing to be perfect. Good luck with that Suh. Not only is he a punk, he’s also an idiot.

13. brenenostler says: Nov 26, 2012 8:10 PM

“I do see multiple Super Bowl rings in my future.”

Is “Super Bowl rings” his new word for “suspensions”?

14. rg3andout says: Nov 26, 2012 8:11 PM

hes been blazing with his teamates i see!!!

15. bbwasright says: Nov 26, 2012 8:11 PM

It would be so awesome if Suh were able to find his way to the Jets. With the Jets already paying Tebow, if they add Suh, I’d be able to cheer against both every week without trouble. I was already going to do that before they got Tebow. With Suh, all stars will be in alignment, and I’ll be able to cheer against everyone I hate in one shot.

16. coldplay519 says: Nov 26, 2012 8:12 PM

Top 5 offence, top 10 defence. Totally believable.

17. ranksarot says: Nov 26, 2012 8:13 PM

Suh is all talk and no results. A bust.

18. thefiesty1 says: Nov 26, 2012 8:15 PM

That will require an increase in his dirty play. Detroit? Not gonna happen.

19. pacoltsguy says: Nov 26, 2012 8:19 PM

Suh, you do have the talent on your team to make a run for the championship.

“As long as we don’t make mistakes.”

That is the problem. You, your team members and your coach need to go through a “Culture Change” and Grow The Hell Up!

You ‘SHOULD’ handle my foundling Colts easily next week in your house–but no one can be 100% sure that you will.

Therein lies your problem.

20. ecupatsfan12 says: Nov 26, 2012 8:20 PM

He didnt finish the sentence..in SuperStar mode in Xbox

21. usmutts says: Nov 26, 2012 8:20 PM

He will see multiple super bowl rings only if he drops for a visit with Eli and Tom.

22. justwinbaby29 says: Nov 26, 2012 8:21 PM

Predicting Super Bowls is ridiculous – sincerely, Rex Ryan

23. 91devinhester23 says: Nov 26, 2012 8:25 PM

whoa there buddy gotta not be the laughingstock of the nfc north first

24. thetokyosandblaster says: Nov 26, 2012 8:28 PM

coldplay519 says:
    Nov 26, 2012 8:12 PM
    Top 5 offence, top 10 defence. Totally believable.

You must be talking about that game winning stat: Yards.

I remember all those games where points didn’t decide games, yardage did.

If you go by points, the Lions are 14th in scoring and 24th in points allowed.

Not even close to Super Bowl caliber.

25. garyman1 says: Nov 26, 2012 8:29 PM

Some free advice for Ndamukong…
    Start with ONE Super Bowl ring first

26. chi01town says: Nov 26, 2012 8:35 PM

Suh shouldnt be in the league long enough to see the Superbowl this year. Hes a dirt bag and O-linemen needs to start CHOP BLOCKING HIM and trying to take out his knee.

27. ytownjoe says: Nov 26, 2012 8:35 PM

How about one playoff game first?

28. purpleguy says: Nov 26, 2012 8:44 PM

Has he checked their salary cap situation lately, which is screwed because of the pre-collective bargaining agreement rookie contracts he, Johnson and Stafford signed? They won’t be able to buld a team around those three with those cap constraints, and that’s not even counting the questionable drafts of the last two classes. Further, shouldn’t they at least have a realistic likelihood of making the playoffs before a Superbowl is claimed to be within reach?

29. larryboodry says: Nov 26, 2012 8:53 PM

coldplay519 says: Nov 26, 2012 8:12 PM

“Top 5 offence, top 10 defence. Totally believable.”

And hey, only three teams in the NFC North are better than them…They should be so proud.

30. voyager6 says: Nov 26, 2012 8:58 PM

Only way he gets Super Bowl rings is if he buys them off ebay.

31. egghead says: Nov 26, 2012 8:58 PM

Ask Ryan Kalil how’s that working out.

32. philliesblow says: Nov 26, 2012 9:12 PM

The only way Suh or any other Lion is going to get to the Super Bowl is if they buy a ticket.

33. tincansailor981 says: Nov 26, 2012 9:13 PM

Maybe, but he’ll likely be suspended for the game.

34. annes22 says: Nov 26, 2012 9:20 PM

If Suh continues his way on the field, he won’t see any Super bowls. The dirtiest player in the NFL has
    no hope if he continues his behaviour, he’s lucky he wasn’t suspended this week.

35. 6250claimer says: Nov 26, 2012 9:38 PM

“We’re a team where if we don’t make mistakes, we are insanely dangerous.”

Yeah, and if my aunt had a package, she’d be my uncle.

The same could be said for ANY team in the league, but they all make mistakes, some more than others.. like the Lions drafting this JAMF, who will never win anything, ever. Probably destined to be a Cowboy someday, Jerrah loves losers like Suh.

36. teal379 says: Nov 26, 2012 9:44 PM

The Lions are a decent sized market and now with the spending floor in the new CBA – sure I can see it. They are NFL players with NFL contracts.

Everyone on the Lions will be able to afford SB tickets, airfare, hotel rooms and cash to party even if they want to go multiple years if they decide to follow what ever team or friends they have playing in the game.

37. whatjusthapped says: Nov 26, 2012 10:04 PM

Coming from a guy playing for the last place team in his division, that really means a lot.

Trying breaking .500 before you start shooting off your mouth.

38. tbd3 says: Nov 26, 2012 10:28 PM

They won’t win it with so much of their money tied up in Suh, Stafford, and Johnson. If Suh and Stafford don’t take hometown discounts, it will be hard to surround them with enough top talent to win it all.

39. zo121179 says: Nov 26, 2012 10:58 PM

Should play for the Jets. You’d fit right in around there….

40. paytonsghost34 says: Nov 26, 2012 11:05 PM

It honestly amazes me what this guy continues to say & do.

1) Yes, really that “nut job” on Schaub was 100% dirty – it was blatently obvious.

2) You bring up Cutler twice – you do realize THAT was also dirty, right?

3) The Lions do have many holes. I realize he’s just trying to “rally the troops” after a tough loss. But.. this team is no where near ready to win a Super Bowl.

4) Suh – himself – has been a huge issue. I’m not even talking about the issues he has.. I’m talking about his play on the field. He’s been a BIG TIME underachiever. He has all the talent in the World and since his rookie year continues to underachieve.

41. ososrule says: Nov 26, 2012 11:07 PM

Last time the Lions won a division title was ’93. Maybe start with a couple divisions wins. Suh, you’re a bone head!

42. metsin2020 says: Nov 26, 2012 11:26 PM

Multiple rings??? Maybe if they can convince Barry Sanders to come out of retirement.

43. 2ndaryinsanity says: Nov 26, 2012 11:36 PM

Until Suh kicked Schaub in the nuts, I didn’t even realize he was playing this season. As if his behavior (on and off the field) wasn’t proof enough, his super bowl prediction proves Suh has a screw loose. I still can’t believe the League didn’t suspend him…it was obvious Suh intentionally kicked Schaub. A person’s leg doesn’t naturally extend up like that as they’re falling down. But then again, the League didn’t suspend the Saints’ Bunkley for kneeing a player in the head either.

44. twisteditoff says: Nov 26, 2012 11:59 PM

this guy has been droped on his head too many time he will say anything or as he showed give out sexual harshment to all qbs that he loves

45. xsfmed says: Nov 27, 2012 12:11 AM

Suh will be in prison before the Lions win a SB.

46. huskersrock1 says: Nov 27, 2012 12:25 AM

Maybe he is planning on going to Silver and Gold Pawn in Vegas to buy a few Super Bowl rings.

47. bennyb82 says: Nov 27, 2012 12:30 AM

I bet the reporter asked him, “How many super bowls do you expect to win?” There is probably only one way to answer this question in a way that doesnt paint Suh in a bad way…and that is by saying the team needs to make the playoffs again before talking about super bowls.

48. bennyb82 says: Nov 27, 2012 12:31 AM

I bet the reporter asked him, “How many super bowls do you expect to win?” There is probably only one way to answer this question in a way that doesnt paint Suh in a bad light…he needed to respond by saying the team needs to make the playoffs again before talking about super bowls.

49. td30 says: Nov 27, 2012 1:24 AM

I get so bored when people talk about what they see when theyre on drugs…

50. japmen says: Nov 27, 2012 1:55 AM

Cant win SBs with a bad coach and lazy undisciplined players. Hell, he should be suspended right now so maybe it’s a good time for him to shad up!

51. jammer88 says: Nov 27, 2012 5:58 AM

“I see a couple Super Bowl rings in my future” WTF? Somebody please tell that brother to stop smoking crack because it’s frying his brain cell. Seriously, “I see a couple Super Bowl rings in my future”? He must have gotten a hold of the good stuff.

52. scoregasmic says: Nov 27, 2012 9:26 AM

Everyone says suh has underachieved…but he draws double protection and sometimes triple protection…the only reason avril seems like a beast sometimes is because suh is taking all the blockers. I’ve not seen someone dominate the line like he does since warren sapp. I know most don’t agree because all anyone cares about is stats these days but I garuntee any coach would love to have him on their team and I’m glad he is on the lions. He completely turned that defense around. Now they just need a competent secondary