MDS comes one point away from third straight Raiders exacta

Raiders AP

I need to press pause on the flow of morning-after news and nuggets and takes and whatever to applaud, and perhaps curse, MDS for an uncanny run of spot-on predictions.

Though I still hold the lead in our season-to-date picks contest by three games, what MDS has done in predicting the scores of the last three Raiders games makes me wonder whether he should be committed to Briarcliff, laughing maniacally in a white jumpsuit.

Two weeks ago, he picked the Saints to beat the Raiders, 38-17.  The Saints beat the Raiders.  38-17.

Last Sunday, MDS picked the Bengals to stomp the Silver and Black, 34-10.  Final score?  Cincinnati 34, Oakland 10.

Yesterday, he picked the Black Hole to turn Brown, 21-17.  And Cleveland won the game by the score of 20-17.

When I mentioned MDS’s uncanny run to Peter King (while openly cursing MDS), King was intrigued and amazed, and he immediately banged out on his laptop the mention of MDS’s pre-Festivus feats of football strength that appears in his Monday Morning Quarterback column.

So good work, MDS.  You bastard.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “MDS comes one point away from third straight Raiders exacta”
  1. buckarama says: Dec 3, 2012 9:08 AM

I’ve been a Raiders fan since ’76. I love my Raiders, I don’t know who these clowns in the Silver and Black are. NFL should fine them for impersonating a football team.

2. esorscher says: Dec 3, 2012 9:53 AM

I guess after losing to cleveland they might as well be called the brown hole considering all the crap their team has produced this season

3. sportsmeccabi says: Dec 3, 2012 10:21 AM

An “expert” actually gets two picks in a row right! He should get an award!

4. sicklnick121 says: Dec 3, 2012 10:40 AM

You know I never been so down on a Raiders team..I was apologetic to Palmer, and I still do not think we cant win with him. And I really would like some sort of stability with sticking with a coach, I really thought DA would be a good coach, and maybe he has lost his players, but they do not fight for him. This team need to be blow up fantasy style. Sell everyone and everything. Mcfadden 3rd round pick. Palmer should bring a 3rd round, D moore 3rd round pick maybe 4th, Seymour 5th round, Kelly 4th round..Sell Everyone, then get a coach like Parcells or someone that can help Big Mc choose players for a new scheme a new team and a true fresh start..

5. darkerdaze says: Dec 3, 2012 10:54 AM

Season ticket holder for 14 years now…..don’t know where to even start with this team. From top to bottom these guys are just bad. Watching yesterdays game one couldn’t help but to point out the horrible coaching calls throughout the entire game. Giving Stewart the workload at running back after Reece had already started the game strong? Passing on 3rd and shorts, not going for it on 4th and inches inside the Browns side of the field, punting instead of kicking 54 yard field goals…..and that’s just on offense.

Defensively…we just don’t have the skill to play 4 quarters of lights out football. We let too many big plays happen in a game. Our defensive Line is bad with the exception of Houston, Burris and Wheeler at LB are solid and Huff in the Secondary. Other then them I wouldn’t mind seeing this entire D blown up next season.

In all honesty, I had low expectations for this season. But wasn’t expecting things to be this bad. There has to be some accountability here. In my opinion, Knapp needs to be fired immediately. Let Saunders take over the play calling(it is his playbook for christ sakes), and for Allen being a “defensive minded” head coach…WTF?? We have the worst D in the league. I’m tired of the monotoned statement “it’s on me, we have to get better and we know it” crap! You’ve regressed every week! I hate when people call for a coaches head so soon into there contracts, and believe me I cannot stand the coaching carousel that the Raiders are used to, but I honestly don’t think Allen is gonna take this team anywhere. I hope I’m wrong because the Raiders fans deserve better then this.

6. jm91rs says: Dec 3, 2012 11:09 AM

Palmer is a few months away from being traded to someone for a 4th rounder. He’s Jon Kitna 8 years ago. He can plug a hole for a team that picks a 1st round QB. He can’t win a game by himself, and no team that is ready to compete needs him. He’s doomed to be the leader of a few different sub .500 franchises.

7. sicklnick121 says: Dec 3, 2012 1:54 PM

____________________________________

huh? then why trade him cause thats us. we are 3-4 years away from contending like it or not, with this coach or the next. We need a overhaul on the roster