1. Texans: Nine straight years with no playoffs followed by two straight years with playoffs. For Texans fans, it was worth the wait.
2. Patriots: Another year, another late-season winning streak.
3. Falcons: Yes, they still have only one loss. But there’s still something that seems to be missing.
4. Broncos: The only problem with a Colts-Broncos wild-card playoff game is that one of them would have to lose.
5. Packers: When the injured guys return, this team will be even more dangerous. Unless other guys get hurt along the way.
6. 49ers: It’s a good thing Jim Harbaugh has two good quarterbacks. He may be needing the other one soon.
7. Seahawks: With three straight wins at Chicago, the Seahawks need to start raising the 12th man flag before games at Soldier Field.
8. Ravens: It’s a good thing they play well on the road in the postseason. They eventually may have to. Every week.
10. Bengals: Their playoffs start in Week 16 against the Steelers.
11. Bears: It’s not a five-game losing streak. Still, 1-3 and sliding isn’t the way to get back to the postseason.
12. Steelers: So does Charlie Batch have the hot hand now in Pittsburgh?
13. Giants: Someone apparently forgot to tell the Giants that November has ended.
14. Redskins: If God were really on the Redskins side, wouldn’t He have protected them from Albert Haynesworth?
15. Rams: That tie could still make things interesting down the stretch if the Rams keep winning and enough of the other contenders keep losing.
16. Saints: Yet again, the team hosting the Super Bowl won’t be playing in it.
17. Buccaneers: At least the future is brighter than it used to be.
18. Cowboys: Barely beating the Eagles J.V. team isn’t really something to brag about.
19. Vikings: Why do they even try to do anything other than give the ball to Adrian Peterson?
20. Dolphins: At least they’re still the only team in the last decade not named the Patriots that has won the division.
21. Bills: Why do they do even try to do anything other than give the ball to C.J. Spiller?
22. Browns: They’re gonna blow their chance at another top-five pick.
23. Titans: The team that currently is in Houston gave the owner that used to be in Houston a double-barreled middle finger this season.
24. Lions: Why do they even try to do anything other than give the ball to Calvin Johnson? Oh, wait. They don’t.
25. Jets: Why do they even try?
26. Panthers: Here’s hoping the new G.M. gives Ron Rivera a fair chance to show he can get it done.
27. Cardinals: The passes made by Ryan Lindley are about as effective as the passes Audra Lindley used to make at Norman Fell.
28. Chargers: Speaking of Norman Fell, the guy who likes like him will soon be free to manage an apartment building in L.A.
29. Eagles: At some point, Andy Reid’s final year in Philly will make it impossible for another owner to sell him to a fan base as a viable coaching option.
30. Chiefs: Officially, we’re neutral. Unofficially, we’re Chiefs fans until further notice.
31. Jaguars: It’s time to slay the fatted calf in Jacksonville.
32. Raiders: Not-so-slowly but surely, Mark Davis is proving Mike Silver to be right.