Skip to content

Chargers place Seyi Ajirotutu, David Molk on injured reserve

Steve Schilling Getty Images

The San Diego Chargers were already facing a shortage of available bodies on the offensive line before losing another player for the season on Tuesday.

The Chargers placed center David Molk and wide receiver Seyi Arijotutu on injured reserve Tuesday. The moves allowed San Diego to add a couple healthy linemen to the roster in center Colin Baxter and guard Stephen Schilling.

Head coach Norv Turner said Monday he didn’t expect tackles Michael Harris (ankle) and Jeromey Clary (knee) or left guard Tyronne Green (hamstring) to be available to play this week against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Molk injured his thumb and Arijotutu hurt his hand in the Chargers 20-13 loss to Cincinnati on Sunday.

The injuries could have left Turner with four linemen unavailable to play against the Steelers with only eight offensive linemen on the roster.

Baxter played in three games and made two starts for the New York Jets in 2011 before being signed by the Chargers. He played in five games for the Chargers last season and was with the team in training camp before being released at the end of training camp.

Schilling was a sixth-round pick of the Chargers last year. He made two starts and appeared in nine games for the Chargers last year before being also being let go following training camp.

Permalink 1 Comment Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers
1 Response to “Chargers place Seyi Ajirotutu, David Molk on injured reserve”
  1. rajbais says: Dec 5, 2012 12:21 AM

    Oh, the best center in the 2012 NFL draft is going on injured reserve? Serves him right after he proclaimed himself as the best center in last April’s draft!!!

    Michigan = #1 in unearned arrogance!!!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!