Math-challenged Panther thinks his team better than Falcons

Greg Hardy AP

There is motivation.

There is hope.

And then there is delusion.

Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy said Wednesday he thought his team was better than the Falcons.

Not just within the narrow context of the 30-28 hack-up-a-furball job the Panthers lost at the Georgia Dome in Week Four, but overall.

There’s a point where you know you’re better than someone. We just didn’t pull it out,” Hardy said, via Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer.

Hardy was apparently given an opportunity to clarify, and didn’t back off his suggestion, saying he hoped to spoil the Falcons chance to earn home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

“It’s going to be a long day from my point of view. I’m coming.”

And he’s bringing his 3-9 teammates with him. To play an 11-1 team.

Someone should go get Hardy a calculator for his Christmas stocking.

And they should hurry.

Permalink 24 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Home, Rumor Mill
24 Responses to “Math-challenged Panther thinks his team better than Falcons”
  1. rufustfireflyjr says: Dec 5, 2012 4:45 PM

I am often amazed at some people’s capacity for self-delusion.

2. bucrightoff says: Dec 5, 2012 4:52 PM

Must be nice for Chiefs and Jags fans to know that really, deep down, they’re better than the Patriots…

3. mossnomore says: Dec 5, 2012 4:52 PM

What’s he supposed to say?

4. roddytorock84 says: Dec 5, 2012 4:53 PM

Lol I thoroughly enjoyed this article

5. conner87 says: Dec 5, 2012 4:55 PM

I`m pretty sure every player thinks his team is the best.

6. ridingwithnohandlebars says: Dec 5, 2012 4:56 PM

You are what your record says you are.

7. dzor22 says: Dec 5, 2012 4:57 PM

His thoughts are on que with about 90% of sports fans out there. Just one more person the Falcons will end up proving wrong.

8. i10east says: Dec 5, 2012 4:58 PM

First Cam’s NYG comment, now this. Way to go Panthers!!! *SMH*

9. ecupatsfan12 says: Dec 5, 2012 4:59 PM

We are a better team than the other New York Team
    -Rex Ryan

10. b1unt3d says: Dec 5, 2012 5:01 PM

So.. basically he wants them to feel the same way that Carolina Panthers fans feel after most of their games in the last few years?

11. rjkilla says: Dec 5, 2012 5:04 PM

first off you gotta know a little something about this guy…he’s a looney tune. he wears colors contacts on game day and turns into his alter ego “the kraken” soooo maybe we just don’t take what he says to seriously?

12. randyschwimmer7 says: Dec 5, 2012 5:04 PM

I love his “war paint” on his face. It looks like he is crying after the Broncos stomped them. LOL.

13. linvillegorge says: Dec 5, 2012 5:05 PM

You guys must have missed the game earlier this season. Yew, the Falcons won, but it took an epic collapse by the Panthers fueled by Ron “play not to loss ” Rivera. Rivera’s late game coaching is horrific. With better coaching in late game situations, the Panthers would be in the playoff mix.

14. macklinr61 says: Dec 5, 2012 5:09 PM

Hardy sounds like Jim Harbaugh without any credibility left in the tank.

15. 8to80texansblog says: Dec 5, 2012 5:09 PM

mossnomore says:
    Dec 5, 2012 4:52 PM
    What’s he supposed to say?

________________________

“they are obviously a great team, look at their record. And we almost beat them. In the end they did enough to win and we didn’t, but we get another shot to correct the mistakes from that game and a chance to make a statement and beat an 11-1 team”

Write that down.

16. tharoostah says: Dec 5, 2012 5:16 PM

These two teams will have the same amount of post season wins this year.

17. magnumpei says: Dec 5, 2012 5:25 PM

Hardy just cut a promo on the Falcons.

18. ccraig232 says: Dec 5, 2012 5:33 PM

Good joke. The Panthers just made Brady Quinn of all people look like an all pro yet I’m supposed to believe they are better than the Falcons. Hilarious.

19. billhicks666 says: Dec 5, 2012 5:53 PM

“I’m trying to mess up their whole playoff experience,” he said. “I want them to go home sick in the stomach, mad about life, a couple depression issues, all types of things.”

Wow…and Merry Christmas to you, too, Mr. Hardy!

20. themagicman1223 says: Dec 5, 2012 7:16 PM

What’s he supposed to say?
    ————————————
    I want him to say nothing at all…

21. pancaketaco says: Dec 5, 2012 8:10 PM

So should he just say…we’re going to tank the next 4 games to ensure a top 3 draft pick?

22. bullethead527 says: Dec 5, 2012 8:27 PM

As a Panther fan I have to admit, what ever Hardy is smoking, I want some of it now.

1st the Kalil add, then Cam’s epic pressers, another losing season, and now this crap.

Football Gods please one day before I pass to the next life, allow me to enjoy at least one Super Bowl winning team. Please.

23. tarheelpirate says: Dec 5, 2012 9:57 PM

I don’t know why, but I like it. Every team needs a few crazy-eyed monsters on the field. I’ve been impressed by Hardy this year, and at least I know that he’s going to play hard.

24. jgedgar70 says: Dec 6, 2012 2:53 PM

tarheelpirate says:
    Dec 5, 2012 9:57 PM
    _____
    Well, Hardy certainly qualifies. But he doesn’t just have crazy eyes; he’s got a crazy brain.

We’re obviously not better than the Falcons, but you won’t blow us out. You know that Hardy is nuts, and Charles Johnson wants to wear your uniform, so he’ll be at the top of his game so he can impress you enough that you’ll trade for him. (And I’m all for it; y’all want to give us Roddy White or July Jones for him?)