Adam Jones has “double chip” on shoulder for Cowboys game

Adam Jones AP

The Cincinnati Bengals play host to the Dallas Cowboys this weekend in a match up that could determine the playoff fate for both teams.

But to Bengals cornerback Adam Jones, there’s even a little bit more on the line as well.

Jones gets to play against his former team for the first time since being released by the Cowboys in 2009. According to Geoff Hobson of the Bengals official website, Jones is looking forward to the opportunity.

“Sunday I’ll have a double chip on my shoulder. I’ll let the game come to me and play hard,” Jones said.

Jones tenure with the Cowboys was marred by a myriad of off-field issues before he was ultimately released. He spoke highly of Cowboys’ owner Jerry Jones but said that won’t be a factor in this week’s match up.

“I love Jerry with all my heart,” Jones said. “I’m not going to get into what I don’t like about him, but Jerry has done a lot for me. I don’t care about that (now). I’m a Bengal and I’d like to stay a Bengal for the rest of my career.”

Jones has played well in a reserve role for the Bengals this season. He’s played in 12 games with four starts and has recorded 25 tackles with a sack and a forced fumble.

Permalink 37 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
37 Responses to “Adam Jones has “double chip” on shoulder for Cowboys game”
  1. jjrs89 says: Dec 6, 2012 1:41 AM

I don’t know what pacman has going on in his head to think he had any reason to have a chip on his shoulder against the cowboys. They gave him every opportunity to be successful and he ruined all of them.

As a titans fan I have a chip on my shoulder against pacman. We should’ve drafted Aaron Rodgers instead of taking a chance on this chump

2. matckeeper says: Dec 6, 2012 2:10 AM

It seems that Jones has started to turn things around…glad to hear it.
    I always wished the Packers would have somehow got their hands on him when he was on his down swing. Green Bay is always a good place for a player to turn his career around…plus I hate having Cobb return kicks, especially with the GB Injury plague going around.
    Anyway, hope he takes it to the Cowboys!

3. theobamaphones says: Dec 6, 2012 2:31 AM

Why would he have a double chip on his shoulder? Dallas traded for him, gave him a chance after he was suspended, and then released him after he still could not keep his act together. It’s great that he has finally cleaned his act up, but to try to use being rightfully released as a motivation? Mr. Jones, if you want to have a chip on your shoulder, it should be when you look in the mirror and realize just how much money being a moron has cost you.

4. cardmagnet says: Dec 6, 2012 2:43 AM

The Cowboys did not part ways with him because he couldn’t perform on the field, they did it because he was an absolute disgrace off of it. There is no reason to have a chip on his shoulder while playing.

The only thing he can do to “prove” himself to the Cowboys is to stay clean off the field and try to be a model representative of the game to the public.

5. fruitcovejag says: Dec 6, 2012 2:54 AM

Pacman, you were released because YOU screwed up! They wanted you on their team dummy but you were a liability off of the field. Are you mad at yourself at all? Lucky your still in the NFL and not in jail with all of your antics.

6. truetrue85 says: Dec 6, 2012 2:57 AM

Anybody remember when this joker was relevant?

7. trentofgilead says: Dec 6, 2012 4:18 AM

Ok. For what? Giving you a chance when you deserved none? Trying to keep you out of trouble so you’d still have a job? Man.. that is horrible. I guess I’d have a chip on my shoulder too.

8. bluestar4ever says: Dec 6, 2012 4:20 AM

Let me get this straight: the Cowboys organization bent over backwards to do favors for this guy and gave him a special set of rules that applied only to him, not to anyone else in the locker room. They provided him with counseling and a bodyguard at team expense, and he rewarded them by playing poorly on both defense and special teams and continuing to get into trouble constantly off the field, including a fight with his bodyguard that led to another suspension. And he’s mad at them for releasing him??? This just shows he is still as immature as ever. He forced the Cowboys to release him, just like he forced the Titans to trade him away. What a punk.

9. avoidtheboyd says: Dec 6, 2012 5:04 AM

Who’s better? Pac-Man Jones or Donkeykong Suh?

10. gcsuk says: Dec 6, 2012 5:40 AM

Sounds like he’s still blaming everybody else for his problems. Surprise, surprise.

11. joetoronto says: Dec 6, 2012 5:46 AM

“I’m a Bengal and I’d like to stay a Bengal for the rest of my career.”

You were born a Bengal, jackass.

12. lostsok says: Dec 6, 2012 5:52 AM

So he loves Jerry Jones…but he has a chip on his shoulder.

Oooooookay.

He’s probably ticked because the strip bars in Cinncy are a big drop-off from Dallas.

13. alewatcher says: Dec 6, 2012 6:39 AM

Wait, what? He was released because he was an under performing punk that couldn’t stay out of trouble, and now he has a chip on his shoulder?

Whatever.

14. idoesthis25 says: Dec 6, 2012 6:48 AM

Hey Pac Man, for your information everybody has a chip on their shoulder when they play the Dallas Cowboys. You’re a blip in the radar of opponents “getting up” or “having chips” on their shoulder.

It comes with the territory of being a very polarizing franchise. I look forward to seeing Dez Bryant or Miles Austin jumping over your head.

But….with that defensive front, god speed to Tony Romo let’s hope he doesn’t parish lol

15. giantsfan82 says: Dec 6, 2012 7:00 AM

He’s still in the league?

16. nokoolaidcowboy says: Dec 6, 2012 7:04 AM

Sure he should be up for this game as he should for every game. And I’m not going to defend Jerry Jones…but it’s hard to imagine this guy would have any “other” motivation for this game considering his undoing in Dallas was of his own doing.

17. trainsaw says: Dec 6, 2012 7:13 AM

Yes, lets have a chip on our shoulder against a Guy/Team who took a chance on you when no one else would cause you were too dumb to control yourself…..

18. wiseunclejay says: Dec 6, 2012 7:31 AM

Its well known that JJ puts up with all kinds of off the field nonsense from productive players. (Irvin, Erik Williams, Dez, etc).

Jerry hired personal babysitters for this grown man to keep him out of trouble. Pacman promptly got into a fight with one of them.

What did he get in return for his investment? A below average corner and a punt returner who only knew how to run sideways.

JJ should have a chip on his shoulder if anybody.

19. takingbacksundays5 says: Dec 6, 2012 7:53 AM

I honestly had no idea that he was even still playing. Huh. I guess that means he’s staying out of trouble, so good for him.

20. whodey129 says: Dec 6, 2012 8:11 AM

I hope he stays a bengal for the rest of his career as well. He might be the best punt returner in the game right now. Bengals 31 Cowboys 17 We hit hard in cincy

21. ccjcsr says: Dec 6, 2012 8:14 AM

Jerry Spoon fed you by handling your finances etc. yet you have a chip on your shoulder because you wanted to make it rain in the club…some people just don’t get it!

22. Slim Charles says: Dec 6, 2012 8:16 AM

Note for Pacman haters: Even with all of his off the field troubles, he is still in the league and has more money than you ever will see in your life.

23. eatitfanboy says: Dec 6, 2012 8:19 AM

Why in the world would he have a chip on his shoulder against a team that bent over backward to try and help him get his life together, held on to him despite criticism from the national media when he got involved in more off the field nonsense, even provided a round the clock babysitter, whom he promptly attacked?

24. fissels says: Dec 6, 2012 8:37 AM

Be thankful Mr Jones, Jerry pulled you off the scrap heap

25. stevincinci says: Dec 6, 2012 8:38 AM

Not to mention some very good special teams playing. Return punts for 85, 64, and 72. One of them for a td.

26. stevincinci says: Dec 6, 2012 8:39 AM

There is none of those in Cincinnati.

27. garyman1 says: Dec 6, 2012 9:30 AM

This is serious…. Pacman doesn’t just have a chip on his shoulders. He has a DOUBLE chip.

The Cowboys must be terrified.

28. bonniebengal says: Dec 6, 2012 9:36 AM

I truly think Adam Jones doesn ‘t understand the “chip on his shoulder” expression. He didn’t say anything about any grudges against the Cowboys. He was talking about playing hard. He also has taken responsibility for his mistakes over and over and turned things around.

29. joetoronto says: Dec 6, 2012 10:08 AM

In fairness to Pacman, he doesn’t even know what “a chip on the shoulder means.”

Remember, this is the idiot who said “It ain’t no sin to go to the scrip club, you know, I was just being rebellion.”

He’s the perfect Bengal.

30. joetoronto says: Dec 6, 2012 10:12 AM

He’s the perfect Bengal.

31. peytonwantsaflag says: Dec 6, 2012 10:27 AM

“Anybody remember when this joker was relevant?”
    _—————————————

I know there are people out there that think this kind of quote is clever (along with the meh, and yawn, etc). And I know we should just ignore it but…

Have you watched a Bengals game this year? Adam is probably more relevant now than he’s ever been.

32. originalsteelcurtain says: Dec 6, 2012 11:04 AM

I’ll make a point to watch this game as I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a double chip before.

Will I know what it is when I see it?

33. daysend564 says: Dec 6, 2012 11:08 AM

Guess they are right. Once you pop, you can’t stop. There will not only be chips on his shoulders but lots of the grease will be on his hands as he’s eating the full bag on the bench.

34. joshh967 says: Dec 6, 2012 11:13 AM

“Anybody remember when this joker was relevant?”

——–

Adam has been nothing short of great this year for the bengals. When they ask him to fill in at corner, he does so flawlessly. When asked to return punts and kickoffs, he does so while keeping us on the edge of our seat.

Like any player, they’ll always have a chip on their shoulder when playing their former team, regardless of the situation.

All of this aside, I hope he finishes his career as a Bengal too.

35. stoptrippn says: Dec 6, 2012 12:12 PM

Please trade Taylor Mays to the Cowboys

36. skinsfaninnebraska says: Dec 6, 2012 1:30 PM

Go, Bengals!

37. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Dec 9, 2012 11:15 AM

Pac man has been his own worse enemy. Can’t blame Dallas or any other team for that.