Kluwe puts message on Hall of Fame patch

Kluwe Getty Images

Vikings punter Chris Kluwe likely will be fined for applying a personal message to his uniform.  He likely knows it, and he likely doesn’t mind.

In the third quarter of Sunday’s game at the Metrodome, FOX cameras showed that Kluwe has placed the message “Vote Ray Guy” over his mandatory Hall of Fame 50th anniversary patch.

Kluwe has been vocal in his support of Guy, the former Raiders punter, for Canton consideration.

No punters are in the Hall of Fame.

Maybe Kluwe’s pro-Guy message will make it there.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “Kluwe puts message on Hall of Fame patch”
  1. elwaysmilehighdenver says: Dec 9, 2012 3:23 PM

I tend to think Kluwe is clueless on a lot of things. But this is a no brainer! Ray Guy deserves to be the the HOF.

2. deltaoracle says: Dec 9, 2012 3:26 PM

Kluwe’s always entertaining and usually right. Too bad he’s a Viking.

3. jerrykill4pres says: Dec 9, 2012 3:33 PM

I used to like Kluwe… And his antics and being outspoken was always welcomed… Now the dufus should maybe worry more about practicing his punting, rather than standing out from everyone. This is by far his worst season…

4. nathanbetz91 says: Dec 9, 2012 3:38 PM

I’m not a Vikings fan, nor can I say I’ve ever been a fan of a punter,but I am a fan of kluwe he speaks his mind and its on things that should be said.so good for him and I think he’s right.

5. couldntthinkofaname says: Dec 9, 2012 3:46 PM

I also think Guy should be in the Hall. But Kluwe reminds me of a little kid who can’t say enough or do enough to get attention.

6. charger383 says: Dec 9, 2012 4:31 PM