Ahmad Bradshaw having MRI, other tests on knee

Ahmad Bradshaw AP

Running back Ahmad Bradshaw left Sunday’s win over the Saints briefly with a left knee injury, but it wasn’t a big of topic of conversation after Bradshaw returned to the game and David Wilson stole all of the attention paid to the Giants backfield with his three touchdowns.

After the game, coach Tom Coughlin said that he thought Bradshaw would be sore but didn’t show much other concern about the injury. Someone must have wanted a bit more confirmation that all is well with Bradshaw, though, because he is having an MRI and other tests on the knee Monday.

“Any time you are talking about a knee, and he’s going through a series of tests, you’re better off to wait and see what the results are,” Coughlin said, via Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger. “I wouldn’t speculate on anything right now.”

Bradshaw’s dealt with a neck injury this season and is an infrequent participant in practice because of long-term foot issues. He wasn’t the only Giant banged up in the game.

Cornerback Prince Amukamara has a strained hamstring that the team will monitor over the course of the week. Amukamara has had a strong season in his second year with the Giants and they’d surely like to have him on the field to deal with Roddy White and Julio Jones in Atlanta in Week 15.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Giants, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Ahmad Bradshaw having MRI, other tests on knee”
  1. sillyv6 says: Dec 10, 2012 2:41 PM

And that is why I lost my playoffs in fantasty football

2. dbones750 says: Dec 10, 2012 2:53 PM

Wilson played great, but we NEED Ahmad.

Amukamara has outperformed my expectations this year. Hopefully, he’ll be OK for the ATL & BAL games…we’ll need him, too.

3. joetoronto says: Dec 10, 2012 3:16 PM

Bradshaw is one of those players, he’s not just gifted physically, the guy has a burning desire to win.

I wish they all players had the passion he has.

4. fafaflunky says: Dec 10, 2012 3:31 PM

hopefully wilsons fumble issues emerge
    once again

5. ajb3313 says: Dec 10, 2012 3:33 PM

I feel like this same article can just be queued up every week.

It’s a shame he gets hurt so much. He’s fun to watch when he’s out there.

6. ccjcsr says: Dec 10, 2012 3:40 PM

Is it me or are teams banged up a lot more this year than years past?

7. manningbowl88 says: Dec 10, 2012 5:44 PM

id like to see wilson more involved but we need bradshaw.. hes a spark for our team, he wants to win and hes rly rly good in pickin up the blitz.. hes a smart player and that trumps alot of injury issues he has but wilson obv NEEDS more playing time he is just awesome.. we need both

8. Mr. Wright 212 says: Dec 11, 2012 10:14 PM

I think this is a bit different for AB. This knee is a new thing. He hurt it while shaking Vilma out of his cleats early in the game. He seemed to be okay (although hobbled on a few plays), but I hope he’s ready to go SUnday.

I hate Giants fans who think Wilson will rush 25 times for 400 yards or something. WE NEED AB.