Valet takes Reggie Wayne’s car for joy ride, gets arrested for DWI

Reggie Wayne AP

When you give your car to a valet, you’re trusting him to park it and have it ready to give back to you when you return. Colts receiver Reggie Wayne gave his car to a valet who apparently didn’t understand that tacit agreement.

The Indianapolis Star reports that Wayne gave his Bentley to a valet at the Westin Hotel in Downtown Indianapolis on Saturday night, but when he got up on Sunday morning, the valets on duty told him the car was gone. As it turned out, the valet, Gunner Belcher, had been arrested for driving while intoxicated at 2 a.m. Sunday, and it was Wayne’s Bentley that he was driving.

When police asked Belcher what he was doing with Wayne’s car, Belcher claimed he was Wayne’s “cousin by marriage.”

The car had been towed from the site where Belcher was arrested, but has since been returned to Wayne. Maybe this whole thing could have been avoided if Wayne were still driving a dump truck.

Permalink 24 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Indianapolis Colts, Rumor Mill
24 Responses to “Valet takes Reggie Wayne’s car for joy ride, gets arrested for DWI”
  1. daknight93 says: Dec 11, 2012 10:21 AM

valet guy is an idiot! should be fired

2. djstarion says: Dec 11, 2012 10:23 AM

Wait a minute, the valet’s name is Gunner Belcher? Seriously?

3. patriotenvy says: Dec 11, 2012 10:24 AM

Should Wayne “forgive” thuis guy?

4. thejabronisayz says: Dec 11, 2012 10:26 AM

Hasn’t Reggie seen Ferris Bueller’s Day Off? He should know better than to give a car like that to a valet.

5. anyonebutbrady says: Dec 11, 2012 10:26 AM

I am the only one that had to go back & reread after “from the sight where Belcher was arrested”?

6. threedeep1998 says: Dec 11, 2012 10:27 AM

Gunner Belcher? You can’t make it up..

7. brenenostler says: Dec 11, 2012 10:28 AM

On the bright side, Wayne got his car back, and that valet has a kick a$$ story he can tell people for the rest of his life.

8. bucrightoff says: Dec 11, 2012 10:41 AM

Obviously a reason why they guy was working as a valet and not an accountant.

9. myroncopesflask says: Dec 11, 2012 10:42 AM

I knew something was fishy the when I stayed there the weekend of the Steelers/Colts playoff game in 05. I’m pretty sure whoever the valet was took a bunch of quarters from my cup holder and used about 1/4 tank of gas that i just filled up. This explains everything!

10. ccjcsr says: Dec 11, 2012 10:45 AM

Merry Xmas!

11. nypd1056 says: Dec 11, 2012 10:52 AM

How about Grand Larceny Auto tacked on to the DWI. There is no cure for STUPID

12. coltzfan166 says: Dec 11, 2012 10:55 AM

What would you say if you were the cop that pulled him over? “Sir, is this even your car?…….No sir…….Well whose is it then?…….Reggie Wayne’s sir…….OK son you better tell me whose car this is right now!”

13. mj1818 says: Dec 11, 2012 10:59 AM

That is an eerie name in light of the recent incidents

14. dgrowe213 says: Dec 11, 2012 11:09 AM

The fact that the guys last name was Belcher confused the hell out of me.

15. joetoronto says: Dec 11, 2012 11:16 AM

thejabronisayz says:
    Dec 11, 2012 10:26 AM
    ***************************************************

Classic scene from a classic movie.

16. supporthardhits says: Dec 11, 2012 11:28 AM

He messed up for sure but he didn’t kill his buddy while drunk or anyone else. However, since he not a privileged NFL jock, throw the book at him.

17. dalucks says: Dec 11, 2012 11:30 AM

I think the bigger question is why was Reggie Wayne at the Downtown Westin Hotel in Indy getting a room for the night? That seems strange for a guy who has been playing for the Colts for more than 10 years. Am I suppose to believe that Reggie Wayne does not own a house in or around Indy? There is more to this story.

18. samanthasteeleruinedmyqb says: Dec 11, 2012 11:37 AM

I wouldn’t lend my minivan to my brother, let alone my Bentley to my cousin’s husband.

19. rtant2013 says: Dec 11, 2012 11:42 AM

You kind of have to laugh at this, I mean dude just straight went joy riding in Reggie Wayne’s Bentley. Yeah, I probably wouldn’t have gotten drunk and kept it till 2 am but I may have took it around the block once or twice haha. I’m sure Wayne had to give alittle chuckle after he realized his car was alright. Cop thought he was going to get to arrest a big time star, instead he gets a valet haha. He had to be disappointed.

20. slaughterrt says: Dec 11, 2012 11:57 AM

If you can’t trust a drunk 21 year old kid with keys to a Bentley….then who can you trust? What is the world coming to?

Gunner sounds like someone who would steal a car and drive the hell out of it.

21. mistakeonthelake says: Dec 11, 2012 12:30 PM

I don’t know, if I were to get drunk and go joy riding I could have a hell of a lot more fun in a dump truck then a Bentley.

22. peytonsneck18 says: Dec 11, 2012 12:38 PM

alot of players stay at downtown hotels the night before a game, nothing new

23. deltaoracle says: Dec 11, 2012 3:55 PM

I’ve got a crummy ride, but never have to worry about anyone wanting to steal it.

24. Mr. Wright 212 says: Dec 11, 2012 4:04 PM

Can’t be that guy’s name. Can’t be that stupid to do this, either.