Tom Coughlin won’t rule Ahmad Bradshaw out of anything

Saints Giants Football AP

Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw had an MRI on his knee after injuring it against the Saints last weekend and it shows that Bradshaw has a sprain.

Throw that on top of the foot and neck injuries that Bradshaw’s been dealing with all season and you start to wonder how much he’ll be able to stand before he won’t be able to answer the bell on Sunday. Coach Tom Coughlin was asked about Bradshaw’s chances of playing and passed on the chance to give any odds on the chances that Bradshaw will be in the lineup.

“I am not going to speculate — because of the toughness of this young man — on how long it would be,” Coughlin said, via ESPNNewYork.com. “He is very positive about it and definitely wants to get back as fast as he can. I am not going to rule him out of anything. I am not going to talk about the percentages or anything like that. You can speculate on that knowing full well what the injury is.”

Bradshaw didn’t practice Wednesday, although it is hard to read much into that given the limited practice schedule he’s had in place for most of the season. If he can’t go, rookie David Wilson will have a chance to build on his three touchdowns against New Orleans.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home
6 Responses to “Tom Coughlin won’t rule Ahmad Bradshaw out of anything”
  1. darthvader89 says: Dec 12, 2012 5:36 PM

I think he should sit him so I can win my fantasy league with Wilson.

2. Mr. Wright 212 says: Dec 12, 2012 6:20 PM

AB will play.

3. antalicus says: Dec 12, 2012 6:57 PM

The biggest problem is Ahmad Bradshaw is he doesn’t sit out and rest he always comes in and plays even if hes gimp. This is why I will never draft him in Fantasy Football again. I would rather know hes not playing so I can put someone else in then have him limp in and get 2 points.

4. ctp603 says: Dec 12, 2012 8:00 PM

Is this about fantasy football or beating the Falcons and winning the NFC East? My god..

5. aljack88 says: Dec 12, 2012 8:45 PM

ctp603 says:
    Dec 12, 2012 8:00 PM
    ….AB is tough as nails. Kid’s playing, even if he’s only in there to pick up the blitz.

——————————————–

I keep hearing and reading how Wilson has trouble picking up blitzes. Has anybody witnessed him messing up? Man, the guy hardly ever is given a chance to play so I would like to know when he did so. Give me a video link. The reason Bradshaw is so beat up is that he is a 15-20 carry per game RB and he has had several games exceeding that this season. I’m not saying he should be benched but Coughlin has to seriously cut back his work load so he can be there for the playoffs.

6. ctgiant says: Dec 12, 2012 11:34 PM

May I suggest you understand Bradshaw always tells TC, he’s fine, he can go, no problem etc.
    HOWEVER, this week Coughlin clearly said at his presser, “it will be a medical decision, based on the players condition , and for his best interest”.
    I agree with those who like me, think the giants are better when they have two or more RB’s, and yet last year with BJ & AB were dead last in rushing? there around 15th now, with AB & Brown {on temp IR} and will most likely get Wilson and there two picks ups, Ryan Torain, former Skins, and Lumpkin a ST’s player from Seattle. Torain is 6’1 212lbs, and can catch as well, he should get some snaps. Bradshaw would play with his foot amputated but agree, he needs rest and we need him in the playoffs.