Coach Jason Garrett confirmed them when he met with the media in Dallas later in the day. There’s been no decision about whether or not Bryant will play against the Steelers and there won’t be one until the team sees how he handles catching passes. Thanks to swelling in his finger, Bryant won’t be trying to catch any on Thursday and he might not give it a whirl until Sunday morning.
“We are going to give him every chance to play,” Garrett said, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “If that is wait ’til Saturday (to catch passes), then we will wait ’til Saturday. If it’s wait ’til Sunday, it’s wait ’til Sunday. We will give him every chance to do it.”
The Cowboys medical staff will work on a protective splint or device to protect Bryant’s finger from further damage if he does play, something that seems more likely with every new report from Dallas.