Jermichael Finley thinks Bears might be better without Urlacher

Bears Packers Football AP

Earlier this week, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said that he was disappointed that he wouldn’t be facing off against Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher.

Rodgers said he’ll miss the competition with Urlacher and called his play “impressive to see” because of how long he’s been in the league. Tight end Jermichael Finley also sounds like he’s disappointed that Urlacher will miss this Sunday’s matchup, although he’s coming at it from a different place than Rodgers.

“Urlacher is at the end of his career right now; he’s playing a little slow out there,” Finley said, via Paul Imig of FoxSportsWisconsin.com. “I don’t think they’re losing too much if he’s out. Putting another guy in might help them a little.”

There’s no question that Urlacher isn’t the same player in the 13th season that he was earlier in the season, but Finley might not find too many people who agree that the Bears are catching a lucky break by starting Geno Hayes and moving Nick Roach to the middle. Maybe they aren’t any worse without him, but things certainly didn’t look any better last week as Adrian Peterson ran all over the Bears.

Permalink 22 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill
22 Responses to “Jermichael Finley thinks Bears might be better without Urlacher”
  1. someidiotfromouthereintheprojects says: Dec 13, 2012 8:01 AM

that’s funny…most would say the packers offense would be better without finley.

2. packersrule12 says: Dec 13, 2012 8:20 AM

He also said the Packers are better off when I keep my mouth shut and catch the ball when it’s thrown to me.

3. irishgary says: Dec 13, 2012 8:25 AM

I’m a Packers fan and wish this kid would just shutup. Get to a pro bowl before you start talking about pro bowl players.

4. midwaymonster72 says: Dec 13, 2012 8:34 AM

Finley is a punk. Even players on his own team hate him.

5. mack2x says: Dec 13, 2012 8:35 AM

And the Packers would be much better with a more talented TE.

6. johngaltwho says: Dec 13, 2012 8:36 AM

How is it that the Packers organization can’t seem to get Finley to understand the most basic instruction when it comes to talking to the media ——– Don’t!

7. jrmbadger says: Dec 13, 2012 8:41 AM

This guys mouth moves faster than his legs.

I can’t wait until the Pack gets rid of him.

8. chi01town says: Dec 13, 2012 8:47 AM

Greenbay DONT have a running back like Peterson. Chicago will get up for this game so Greenbay should stop talking about Urlacher. If the Bears go up 14-3 like the lions did greenbay wont be able to come back

9. imbetterthanyou says: Dec 13, 2012 8:51 AM

The same could be said about the Packers being better without Stonehands Finley on the field.

10. duck99 says: Dec 13, 2012 8:55 AM

Does Finley ever think before he opens his mouth?

11. packerbadger says: Dec 13, 2012 9:11 AM

Nothing rots me more than watching wasted talent. I kept hoping and hoping. I think its time to get rid of stone fingers.

12. elgaffo says: Dec 13, 2012 9:19 AM

He knows the market for a trash talking TE that cant catch is soft right now. So he’s safe.

13. crik911 says: Dec 13, 2012 9:29 AM

First off I’m a huge Bears fan. I hate all Green Bay Packers.

I know its well documented that he is having a bad season, poor chemistry, etc etc. But this guy used to catch everything but herpes down the middle for you Packers. He was a machine on 3rd down.

In this ‘what have you done for me lately’ league most fans are quick to forget. When healthy (other than this year) he has numbers that compare to Tony Gonzalez.

Just sayin’

14. whatjusthapped says: Dec 13, 2012 9:37 AM

I maintain this is just another chapter in Finley’s passive-aggressive strategy to get out of GB. The Packers generally prefer not to trash talk to the press and Finley can’t keep himself out of the limelight.

Trades are nearly impossible in today’s NFL so Ted Thompson is stuck with Finley until his contract expires. Dropped balls, unrealized potential and big mouth are no way to go thru life, son.

15. bengalskuta82 says: Dec 13, 2012 9:39 AM

Urlacher is still in the league for a reason.yup, its because he’s still a valuable player on that Bears defense..Good for him coz these days NFL careers are short..Only the best tend to have 10-15 yr nfl careers..I can’t see Finley playing that long..sorry..

16. packersfn7 says: Dec 13, 2012 9:47 AM

My one complaint about the Packers organization is keeping Finley. First of all, the guy couldn’t even catch a cold. Second, he has a real attitude and can’t keep his mouth shut. And yet, people keep trying to defend him and say he has the potential to be a great TE because of his “soft hands” and general physical build. He sucks. It also isn’t like the Packers to keep someone with such an attitude problem. Let Rex Ryan deal with him and let’s cut our losses.

17. tharoostah says: Dec 13, 2012 9:56 AM

Finley said it? Then I’ll just assume that the opposite is true.

18. roastbeefsandwich says: Dec 13, 2012 10:15 AM

Yesterday was Aaron Rodger’s day! I heard Finely dropped the ball on getting him a gift.

19. gpack22 says: Dec 13, 2012 11:55 AM

As a Packer fan I’m completely over Finley and his “potential”. The key ingredient in him probably never realizing his “potential” is complete lack of brains, even beyond the stupid media talk. Regardless what anyone says I’ll be happy as hell if they kick this chump to the curb in the offseason.

20. contraisloosebuthole says: Dec 13, 2012 12:02 PM

crik911 says: Dec 13, 2012 9:29 AM

First off I’m a huge Bears fan. I hate all Green Bay Packers.

Just sayin’
    _________________________________
    Seriously was the last game you watched in 2010? That was the last time Finley caught everything. While he has been playing better the last couple games most Packers fans cannot wait for this guy to leave town. In short go sound crazy some place else we are all stocked up here.

21. dinklespiel says: Dec 13, 2012 1:38 PM

Who is this Finely guy anyway? Urlacher , now that’s name recognition .

22. axespray says: Dec 13, 2012 6:23 PM

smh – friggin’ finley ….
    How is it our entire Recieving core is super talented AND humble – yet we’ve got a doofus tight end talking like a diva…. smh