Chiefs closing in in two dozen yards at halftime

Kansas City Chiefs v Oakland Raiders Getty Images

Obviously, the Chiefs didn’t get to be 2-11 by accident.

But they’ve hit a new low on the field today, putting up an embarrassing showing by their own standards against the Raiders.

The Chiefs have gained 17 yards on 18 plays. That’s not a typo. They don’t have a first down, and they have minus-2 rushing yards at the break.

They trail the Raiders 9-0 on three Sebastian Janikowski field goals, and that should be plenty.

Permalink 16 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill
16 Responses to “Chiefs closing in in two dozen yards at halftime”
  1. dealer009 says: Dec 16, 2012 5:52 PM

Pryor should be in the game.

2. trbowman says: Dec 16, 2012 5:53 PM

People are gonna bang on Brady Quinn, but those of us actually watching (yes, I’m watching) know that it’s not his fault.

Collectively the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a WR corps in a long, long time. Sloppy routes, drops, no separation. Gang’s all there.

3. trbowman says: Dec 16, 2012 5:55 PM

It’s easy to bang on Jamar Newsome and Devon “I can’t believe you threw it to me” Wylie, but I’m putting Jon Baldwin on blast.

Newsome was on the practice squad three weeks ago. Wylie’s a rookie whose injury history is longer than the number of games he’s played.

Baldwin’s a first rounder who’s completely failed as an NFL receiver. Even with Dwayne Bowe getting the other teams top corner, Baldwin never took advantage.

He doesn’t separate from DBs

4. chuckxx says: Dec 16, 2012 5:55 PM

If you are a true Chiefs fan all I can say is its really sad to see a Pro team this pathetic.

5. Patriot42 says: Dec 16, 2012 6:00 PM

I thought 3-0 would be enough when the raiders score their first field goal and if I was the Chiefs I would not forget the raiders running up the score.

6. chief67 says: Dec 16, 2012 6:10 PM

The Chiefs are a complete disaster , I have been a fan for 43 years and we have seen some bad times but this version takes the cake … no hope !

7. thesportsguy52 says: Dec 16, 2012 6:12 PM

Kinda sounds like my Ravens earlier today…

8. Mr. Wright 212 says: Dec 16, 2012 6:24 PM

This is an embarrassing game to watch. And it’s not like the Raiders are doing much either, settling for five field goal attempts.

9. msclemons67 says: Dec 16, 2012 6:24 PM

The Chiefs are kicking ass in the chase for the #1 pick.

Janikowski is choking the pick away for the Raiders.

10. elitekane says: Dec 16, 2012 6:24 PM

I have the Raiders defense on all my fantasy teams, what a great day. Next i get to watch my Patriots spank the 49ers week after spanking the texans…. this is awesome.

11. wwwfugu says: Dec 16, 2012 6:42 PM

Romeo Crinell will get another job as a HC in the NFL.
    God pity the fans of the team that hires him.

12. tjromanello says: Dec 16, 2012 6:55 PM

Romeo and the front office need to split the blame and give season ticket holders their money back. You can’t be this bad if practice is run the right way and productively.

13. bucsfan5000 says: Dec 16, 2012 6:56 PM

At his press conference, when Romeo is asked why, he’ll say “Now, that I’m not exactly sure either”

14. jimr10 says: Dec 16, 2012 7:12 PM

How can you blame Romeo and not blame Pioli at the same time?

15. acmepackers says: Dec 16, 2012 7:48 PM

good headline

16. raiderapologist says: Dec 16, 2012 8:35 PM

elitekane says: Dec 16, 2012 6:24 PM

———-
    Nobody cares about your fantasy team, loser. I’m sure there’s a bunch of web sites tailored to to your interests. Go find them.