The Russell Wilson show gives Seahawks halftime lead

Russell Wilson AP

It would be hard to imagine that a team could actually look more impressive a week after winning a game 58-0, but the Seahawks are giving it their best shot.

They lead the Bills 31-17 after 30 minutes of football behind a marvelous performance by their quarterback Russell Wilson. Wilson has run for three touchdowns, a Seahawks single-game record for a quarterback, and thrown for another during a nearly flawless half. He has run for 72 yards, completed 9-of-13 passes for 164 and orchestrated four impressive drives stuffed with big plays.

Wilson already has completions of 41 and 44 yards to go with a 25-yard touchdown run. Marshawn Lynch needed just nine carries to get to 100 yards thanks in large part to a 53-yard run of his own.

The defense hasn’t done quite as good a job as they did against Arizona, although that’s probably not a fair measuring stick. The Bills have moved the ball for two touchdowns and kicked a field goal just before the half , but their other three drives accounted for nine offensive plays. That ratio works out pretty well when you only punt once in a half while putting up 31 points.

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Top Stories
21 Responses to “The Russell Wilson show gives Seahawks halftime lead”
  1. luckynumberlucas says: Dec 16, 2012 5:32 PM

That guy is a BALLER!

2. jrdbrn says: Dec 16, 2012 5:33 PM

It’ll be interesting to see if other NFL teams will adjust and stop this college style offense next year. Of course, the Seahawks aren’t exactly playing power house ball clubs right now.

3. themagicman1223 says: Dec 16, 2012 5:37 PM

I love the seahawks but this halftime show with PSY is terrible.

4. jimmygrahamchrisivory says: Dec 16, 2012 5:43 PM

jrdbrn says:
    Dec 16, 2012 5:33 PM

They’ve played the 9ers, Packers, Bears, and the Patriots. You can’t get any more powerhouse than that.

5. supremekingz says: Dec 16, 2012 5:43 PM

I have no idea who’s going to win Rookie of the Year. Look at Wilson, RG3 and Luck

6. thepvyharvin says: Dec 16, 2012 5:43 PM

I called Spielman,said draft Wilson. Idiot should have listened!!!!

7. themackstrong says: Dec 16, 2012 5:48 PM

jrdbrn says: Dec 16, 2012 5:33 PM

————

The Seahawks played powerhouses through the year and won. The zone read by Wilson was brought in midway through the year. The Seahawks like I said line up in I formation with Robinson/Lynch more than any team in the NFL. O-line has been making some holes.

8. billsboy88 says: Dec 16, 2012 5:49 PM

It makes me sick to know the Bills passed on Wilson

9. ketch20too says: Dec 16, 2012 5:57 PM

Too bad Pete kept the training wheels on for a good part of the season. Could be run away ROY pick

10. purpblooded says: Dec 16, 2012 6:06 PM

thepvyharvin says:
    Dec 16, 2012 5:43 PM
    I called Spielman,said draft Wilson. Idiot should have listened!!!!
    ————————–
    Anyone to tell him about next year?

11. joeyashwi says: Dec 16, 2012 6:13 PM

To all the teams that passed on Wilson, he probably wouldn’t be starting for your teams right now. I can’t stand the Seahawks or Carroll but they had the guts to start him over their big free agent acquisition, Matt Flynn.
    I’m a Packer fan and saw him play at Wisconsin. I never would have guessed he would have this impact in his rookie year. Is he lucky? Yes, but talent has a way of creating luck. I’m still sick about the Fail Mary but the Seachickens look pretty tough right now, I have to admit.

12. ham1 says: Dec 16, 2012 6:26 PM

I am hoping RG3 wins the award because he is the QB of the team I am a fan of and his stats are ample justification.

But Wilson is a heck of a rookie.
    What a great find in the draft.
    If he won it I couldnt argue with that either.

Great job Hawks.

13. jjbadd385 says: Dec 16, 2012 6:30 PM

I think Wilson is 100% the steal of the draft!! Im a Broncos fan but I think Wilson is for sure, as good as Luck or Griffin, or he is at least playing like it. Funny how teams passed on him mostly because of his height….

14. richwizl says: Dec 16, 2012 6:41 PM

I can’t wait to watch the Seahawks and Patriots in the Super Bowl!

15. aseavy says: Dec 16, 2012 6:49 PM

With RGIII being hurt, rookie of the year is down to Luck and Wilson. Of course, with Wilson playing for the Seahawks, that means it’s going to go to Luck.

16. totallyuselessme says: Dec 16, 2012 6:52 PM

I’m starting to think this guy may be the real Rookie of the Year, though he doesn’t get the fanfare of Luck/Griffin, so he doesn’t have a real shot, unfortunately.

17. titanmo says: Dec 16, 2012 7:02 PM

It takes a certain type of scumbag coach to celebrate a hail marry win, when they should have lost. I guess it takes the same type of scumbag to fake a punt when your up by 30 points. I like the seahawks but Pete Carrol you may be the biggest piece of garbage in the nfl, its probably a tie between you and Greg Schiano.

18. hungbob says: Dec 16, 2012 7:40 PM

Hey Bills fans;
    How does Russell Wilson look?
    He could have been on your team if the Bills had a GM who could evaluate talent.

19. savannahrose44 says: Dec 16, 2012 8:08 PM

titanmo says:
    Dec 16, 2012 7:02 PM

Bitter much? This is not the sissy league it’s the NFL these MEN are professionals paid millions to win games. If you don’t like what the scoreboard says find a way to stop it. They know what their job is, it’s up to them to find a way to stop the Seahawks, it’s not the Seahawks job to stop the Seahawks.

20. bassmags says: Dec 16, 2012 11:17 PM

As a Seahawks fan, what makes Wilson great is the trust I feel in him when he has the ball in his hands. He makes great decisions and doesn’t try to force the ball in tight places. Hasselback was a darn good QB, but had some unnecessary turnovers at times. Wilson plays the game to his strengths and skills. He obviously has the respect from his teammates and fans. He may not be the rookie of the year in the NFL, but we love having him on the Seahawks.

21. boyshole25 says: Dec 17, 2012 1:37 PM

Pete is a no class dirtball