Greg Jennings wants Adrian Peterson to break rushing record

Jennings AP

In a move that will be regarded by some Packers fans as evidence of dogs and cats living together, Green Bay receiver Greg Jennings says that he actually wants Vikings running back Adrian Peterson to break Eric Dickerson’s single-season rushing record of 2,105 yards.

Given that Peterson would need two fewer yards than his own single-game record of 296 to accomplish that feat against the Texans in Week 16, Jennings necessarily wants Peterson to break it against the Packers in Week 17.

I want him to do it,” Jennings told Dan Patrick on Tuesday morning.  “It’s impressive to see a player dominate like that. . . .  It’s almost devastating if he gets that close and doesn’t get it.”

Of course, it would be more devastating if Peterson puts up a record-breaking performance as part of a Vikings win over the Packers that costs Green Bay a possible bye week and forces them to host the No. 6 seed in the wild-card round and travel to San Francisco for the next wave of the postseason.

But with Jennings’ contract expiring and no indication that the Packers are trying to keep him around, it could be that Jennings is starting to emotionally disconnect from the Green Bay franchise — and the fierce rivalries that go along with it.

Packers fans may have strong opinions about this.  We have a feeling they may be expressing them below.

Permalink 103 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
103 Responses to “Greg Jennings wants Adrian Peterson to break rushing record”
  1. packerhater says: Dec 18, 2012 10:00 AM

At least 1 Packer has some class. Unlike 99.9% of their fans.

2. ccjcsr says: Dec 18, 2012 10:00 AM

I hope he breaks it, he’s the new Bionic Man!

3. cheapseater says: Dec 18, 2012 10:02 AM

Everyone wants to witness the record being broken. Vikings fans, Packers fans…everyone.

4. bordner says: Dec 18, 2012 10:02 AM

Just because he has a shot at breaking the record doesn’t mean the vikings have a shot a winning the game. The only way they win that one is if the Packers have the bye locked up and there’s nothing to play for – but I don’t know if that’s a possible scenario after SF beat New England?

5. andrejohnsonforpresident says: Dec 18, 2012 10:02 AM

…. I really really REALLY wish ap was on a good team..

6. greej1938l says: Dec 18, 2012 10:03 AM

Im a packer fan…got no problem with what he said at all….its more of you writers trying to make something of it…whats the big deal? i want him to break the record too…the guys a beast.

7. tomnickle says: Dec 18, 2012 10:03 AM

As a Packers fan, I would RATHER the Packers travel to San Francisco in January if the other option is the 49ers coming to Lambeau.

Packers are built for good weather.

8. scoops1 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:03 AM

Is Greg channeling his inner Jermichael Finely??

9. kja22 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:03 AM

I’m a Packers fan and I hope AP breaks the record. He’s a beast, he’s classy, and it’s amazing that he is having the season he’s having despite tearing up his knee last year.

10. minnesotapenguin says: Dec 18, 2012 10:03 AM

I love Greg Jennings!

As a Packer Fan, I am rooting for Adrian Peterson to get the record.

Of course I will still find it hilarious if the Packers are the team to eliminate the Vikings from the playoffs and prevent Peterson from the record.

11. acmepacker says: Dec 18, 2012 10:05 AM

I’m a lifelong Packer fan but I agree with Greg Jennings. Adrian Peterson is a player in a league of his own. AP has played his heart out for a team that is probably never going to get him a ring so I would be very happy for him to achieve this goal. He certainly deserves some recognition for what he’s done.

12. SkeletalDrawing says: Dec 18, 2012 10:06 AM

I’m a lifelong Packer fan and I want to see AP break the record. Of course I want him to have a monster week this week so we can hold him to 100 yards and get a win (while he still gets the record), but I don’t see how being a Packer backer means I have to have an irrational aversion to one of the greatest running backs of all time.

13. peytonwantsaflag says: Dec 18, 2012 10:06 AM

I heard Jennings on Mike and Mike this morning and he said the exact same think EXCEPT he added He didn’t want him to do it against them.

Me thinks there’s some pot-stirring going on here.

14. kidwithhelmet says: Dec 18, 2012 10:07 AM

Packer fan here…

Would love to not only see him break the record but win the MVP. He deserves it. The man is incredible.

In a perfect world he carves up Houston and breaks it there, or at the very least makes it that he only needs 50 yards to break it in Lambeau. In a losing effort. But make no mistake he deserves the rushing record and I’m pulling for him.

15. zoellner25 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:07 AM

I really don’t care if AP breaks the record, as long as we win the game and the Bears and Vikings miss the playoffs as a result. Team wins are far more important to me than stats and records.

16. blacknole08 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:07 AM

I don’t think he will break it, but he will get 2000.

17. purpleguy says: Dec 18, 2012 10:08 AM

I always liked Jennings, particularly his honesty. However, I’m sure he meant he wants AP to break the record in a Vikings loss.

18. pappavike says: Dec 18, 2012 10:12 AM

Maybe Jennings realizes the pack may not be bringing him back, And he knows the Vikes need a number one wide -out? Who knows?

19. awdavis72 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:12 AM

Rivalries are not what they used to be, the players are, for the most part, friends with each other and cheer for each other to do good. Peterson will probably get 250 against the Texans and only need 46 against the Pack to break the record.

20. wildcatwr36 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:13 AM

Let the moronic Packer banter ensue…

21. stevenray72 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:14 AM

And the crowd yells “Run Adrian; run!”

22. muskyhunter2542 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:16 AM

Packer fan here…. I hope he gets it. I think AP is an amazing football player.
    without him I dont think The Vikings have even 1 win this year. They are a horrible team without him. That just makes him that more amazing and fun to watch.
    AP is this generations Barry Sanders.
    This guy is so fun to watch. He is like a human Xbox game.
    I hope he breaks the record against Green Bay… But, The Packers win the game.

23. muskyhunter2542 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:17 AM

kidwithhelmet says:
    Dec 18, 2012 10:07 AM
    Packer fan here…

___________________

They play in the dome…

24. Chad Bartel says: Dec 18, 2012 10:18 AM

Peterson breaks Dickerson’s record.

Megatron breaks Jerry Rice’s record.

Rodgers wins another ring and SB MVP.

Norris takes hold over the entire NFL…muahahaha.

25. eventhorizon04 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:19 AM

I appreciate Jennings’ honesty, but he shouldn’t say that.

I’m not a Packers or Vikings fan, and I’m rooting for Peterson to break the record, but technically, Jennings shouldn’t cheer on a division rival’s success publicly with another game against them left to play.

26. ireadpftforthecomments says: Dec 18, 2012 10:20 AM

I wish Greg Jennings was in MY lap.

27. cabby782 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:22 AM

Jennings caught the record breaking TD from Favre against Vikings I think he might want to experience another record in person. He didn’t say he hoped the Vikings win the game he just wants to witness history . As a Packer fan who will be in the Metrodome to see this game I hope he sets it too. Of course I hope the Packers win and keep Vikings out if playoffs,same as Jennings

28. elgaffo says: Dec 18, 2012 10:23 AM

I havent talked to anyone (packer fan or otherwise) that doesnt want to se ehim break the record. This is amazing thing we have the chance to see, it can be enjoyed by everyone. Jennings is a fan of the game too.
    Besides if AP having a great day meant the Vikes would win the game, they would be in a much better position. They dont go hand in hand.

29. axespray says: Dec 18, 2012 10:24 AM

Dude should be MVP ….
    He’s the only guy on offense, Ponder sucks – he can’t even throw deep balls – so Defenses are loading up the box and Peterson is still beasting….

Dude is the only reason the vikings won a game this year – let alone 8 ….
    Best case scenario:
    He racks up like 200+ yards against the texans – that way the Packers can shut him down, get the win and he can still get the record.

30. connie73 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:24 AM

I love anyone who makes history

31. dbones750 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:28 AM

AD/AP seems to be a good guy from most appearances and a great football player. Who can’t root for a guy like that.

I’m a Giants fan and if someone’s gonna break Strahan’s record, I hope it’s Watt. Seems to be the better man of the two contenders – Aldon and Watt.

32. iluvbears says: Dec 18, 2012 10:31 AM

AP will break the record at the Dome against the Packers, the Vikings will win the game & the Packers will be on the road for their first playoff game. Mark my words.

33. udontknowjacku says: Dec 18, 2012 10:33 AM

Greg Who???? shouldnt you have to play more than 3 games this year to comment on the season??

34. cags777 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:34 AM

I believe AP will get this record and then some. It will also happen during the final week when the Vikings host the Packers. Also, why is it so far-fetched to believe the Vikings could actually pull off upsets the next couple weeks and make it to the playoffs? The Packers are not as good as they’ve been the last two years. More importantly, they are living proof that having a first round bye does not bode well after last year’s whoopin’ by the Giants (who, by the way, beat the Packers vs. the Packers beating themselves).

35. yooperman says: Dec 18, 2012 10:36 AM

I hope AP breaks the record along with Calvin Johnson breaking Rice’s too. While I’m hoping, throw in a Packer Super Bowl.

36. lbpackfan says: Dec 18, 2012 10:37 AM

iluvbears says: Dec 18, 2012 10:31 AM

——————————————————–

When did this new rule fall into place where division winners hit the road for wild card weekend??? (in case you missed it, Green Bay wrapped up the division @ Soldier Field last Sunday…)

37. superjroch says: Dec 18, 2012 10:43 AM

I’m a Packer fan who hopes he breaks the record, but I hope he gets 250 of those yards against the Texans. The guy is unbelievable.

38. firethorn1001 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:44 AM

‘& the Packers will be on the road for their first playoff game.’
    ——————-

As winners of the NFCN that it is impossible for the Packers first playoff game to be on the road. They will be at home for their first playoff game.. mark my words.

39. catfishcrusader says: Dec 18, 2012 10:45 AM

I’m a lifelong Packer fan, and I hardly consider this noteworthy. It’s no secret that Jennings may be looking for a new contract so it wouldn’t be wise for him to start stirring up drama with other teams,where there doesn’t need to be any. Besides, Peterson is an amazing athlete having an amazing year. He deserves to break that record.

40. JackLeone says: Dec 18, 2012 10:49 AM

Either he’s a stand up guy or he knows the Pac won’t resign him & he’s applying for a job opening in Minny

41. pjrhc says: Dec 18, 2012 10:49 AM

This Packer fan says, “Good man, Jennings!” It would be neat to be there.

42. mavajo says: Dec 18, 2012 10:52 AM

You’ll have a tough time finding a Packers fan that’s mad about what Jennings said. Most of us are in total awe of Peterson and, except for when he’s playing the Pack, love to watch him run. He’s phenomenal.

43. mavajo says: Dec 18, 2012 10:53 AM

iluvbears says:Dec 18, 2012 10:31 AM

—-

Bears fan. Lol.

44. ejmat2 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:56 AM

As a Viking fan, it’s nice to see the Packer fans rooting for AP. I would do the same for any Packer that was close to a record. It was great seeing Brett Favre break the TD record against my very own Vikings.

This is where you see the true NFL fans vs people that don’t truly give a crap. I personally think AP will break 2K but the record will be very tough against Houston and GB since they will both be making their game plan to stop him. It’s not like Ponder can beat anyone deep so may as well play in.

45. enea900 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:56 AM

No resentment towards Greg from this diehard Packer fan. I hate the Vikqueens, and wouldn’t mind the entire team stricken with Leprosy. However every football fan regardless is allegiance should respect and enjoy the performance of one of the greatest seasons by a RB. Hope he wins MVP.

46. blackandbluedivision says: Dec 18, 2012 11:00 AM

Remind me again what happened to all these record breaking RB’s in the modern era? Didn’t they have one outstanding season and then slide downhill after that? So yea, Go AP!!

Shawn Alexander
    LaDainain Tomlinson
    Chris Johnson

47. twisteditoff says: Dec 18, 2012 11:02 AM

paker fans will never have a back as good as AD at least one player knows the truth

48. albertmn says: Dec 18, 2012 11:07 AM

If it comes down to it, maybe the Packers will lay down and allow AP to “Strahan” the record.

49. jzimmer10 says: Dec 18, 2012 11:07 AM

As a Packer fan, I could care less if he breaks any record, just as long as he doesn’t do it against the Packers. If the Packers defense has any heart at all, they will do everything they can to stop him. The last thing I want to see is another Packers player or group pull another Favre and give away a record.

If he earns it so be it, but I would prefer the Packers stuff him and keep him shy. No disrespect to Peterson, but I can’t stand the queens or the teddies.

50. technovike says: Dec 18, 2012 11:10 AM

210 yards wasnt enough for the vikes to win it last time, why not wish him to break the record.

51. Just a Fan says: Dec 18, 2012 11:14 AM

It’s been rumored that Jennings won’t be back with the Packers next year. My bet is he would love to play for the Vikings next year.

I do believe he truly wish AP well and as a fan wants to witness it. I think that is great and shows he is not as selfish as Parker fans have made him out to be.

I for one would love to see Jennings opposite Megatron or Marshall or Harvin next year. He would get to play the Pack twice a year too.

52. houndog50 says: Dec 18, 2012 11:24 AM

tomnickle says: Dec 18, 2012 10:03 AM

Packers are built for good weather.
    —————————————————–
    As a Packer fan living in the SF Bay Area, don’t bet on good weather in SF in January!
    You’ll lose that bet more times than not!

53. skittlesareyum says: Dec 18, 2012 11:24 AM

I agree with Jennings. Obviously I’d also like the Packers to win the game, but if I had to choose between winning and AP getting the record I’d actually choose the record. Of course, even if he needs 200 yards and gets it the Packers could still win. Sorry Vikings fans, I shouldn’t rub it in. But in all seriousness, he’s an amazing player.

54. ninerdynasty says: Dec 18, 2012 11:25 AM

For years Barry Sanders was my fav running back.. But this guy has been changing my mind little by little.. i hope he gets the records.. Since sanders retired.. i did not see a RBs as fun to watch till i started watching Peterson a few years ago.

55. taintedsaints2009 says: Dec 18, 2012 11:29 AM

That’s the irony in major success like petersons: if you don’t break a record, it’s seen as a letdown.

He needs to get a major chunk against the texans (180+) because the packers defense is not going to let him go for more than one hundred, barring one of the big runs. They have clay Matthews back now and he can stop the run pretty well, or at least prevent the big runs from happening.

56. contraisloosebuthole says: Dec 18, 2012 11:31 AM

twisteditoff says: Dec 18, 2012 11:02 AM

__________________
    They do not really need one do they? I mean who wouldn’t want AD but they appear to be winning the division pretty regularly without him. You should ask Packer fans if they would trade Rodgers for Peterson? See what answer you get.

57. jrmbadger says: Dec 18, 2012 11:37 AM

Personally, I have no problem with his comment. I also am a Pack fan rooting for AP.

Dude’s a monster.

I also think the Pack have decided to let Finley go to resign Jennings. Our offense hasn’t been the same since he’s been out.

58. tippet523 says: Dec 18, 2012 11:37 AM

Packer fan totally in favor of AP. Love to see him do it this weekend. 300 yds htis week. Ten the following

59. tippet523 says: Dec 18, 2012 11:38 AM

Packer fan totally in favor of AP. Love to see him do it this weekend. 300 yds this week. Ten the following

60. lambeaurules says: Dec 18, 2012 11:39 AM

Um, pretty sure AP is a once in a generation back. The Packers fan base is pulling for AP to break the record as long as we get the win. We may never have a RB like AP….. but what team really ever will? Back like that only come along every so often, the Vikings lucked out with that one. AP deserves to be n a winning team, much like Larry Fitzgerald does. Kind of a bonehead statement dude!

61. icecubeusedtobeangry says: Dec 18, 2012 11:39 AM

Rivalries are built up by the NFL for hype and ratings. These guys work out together in the off-season, warm up together before games, just look at them mingle during TV timeouts on the field.

People play in waaaaay to much into the whole border battle thing.

62. stellarperformance says: Dec 18, 2012 11:43 AM

If Peterson gets the lions share of the needed yardage against the Texans, then I really don’t care if he breaks the record against the Packers, as long as the Packers win the game. We have to concede something to the Viking fans to feel good about. Our arms are getting tired from holding their collective heads underwater for so long.

63. 5pecialk says: Dec 18, 2012 11:45 AM

As an AP fantasy owner, I’d love that. All this week if possible, ha!

64. jfrogwi says: Dec 18, 2012 11:45 AM

If it turns out the week 17 game between green bay and Minnesota is meaningless as far as playoffs go, then I say the Packers game plan should be to solely prevent AP from getting his yards. Put 11 guys in the box for all I care. Play a goal line defense all game. Get all your lineman and backers on the field. MN will win, but it would be fun to see a rival get rejected. And who knows, he might even still get his yards in that situation, which would make it that much more impressive.

65. dtr3e says: Dec 18, 2012 11:48 AM

He’s on my fantasy team, playing for the championship, I hope he breaks it. Best RB to ever grace this game.

66. whatjusthapped says: Dec 18, 2012 11:49 AM

I wish Peterson nothing but the best but his next game is against a good run defense in the Texans so he will likely enter that final game against the Packers needed +200 yards.

Now he’s capable of getting that but with Mr. Noodle Arm at Qb, the Packers will be putting all 11 in the box and Peterson will likely fall just short of the record. Just like the history of the Viking franchise, losers of 4 Superbowls AND 5 NFC championships, on the verge of greatness then flushed down the bowl.

67. apm says: Dec 18, 2012 11:50 AM

‘& the Packers will be on the road for their first playoff game.’
    ——————-

————-

As a wise man once said… Ditka’ll find a way…

68. Kelly's Chronicles says: Dec 18, 2012 11:51 AM

Come on now. I am a Green Bay Packer fan and I want him to break the record. He is a class act. I just want him to get all the yards this week and not next week! :)

69. rick9755 says: Dec 18, 2012 11:55 AM

as a Packer fan I hope he breaks the record, he is a beast, if only I drafted him in fantasy football I would still be playing haha

70. 7ransponder says: Dec 18, 2012 12:03 PM

andrejohnsonforpresident says: Dec 18, 2012 10:02 AM

…. I really really REALLY wish ap was on a good team..

————————-

Yeah, he should totally be on a team that has a shot at the playoffs. Oh wait.

71. Frazier28/7 says: Dec 18, 2012 12:07 PM

He’s going to look good in Purple next year.

If he does break it and the Vikings get in they would go back to Green Bay the next week for the playoffs and the Seahawks would go to Dallas/NYG.

Packer fans may not want to have the Vikings come back to Lambeau where they needed two Ponder INT’s in the redzone to win just a few weeks earlier. They will have Clay Matthews back, but, it was the Vikings d-line that smacked Rodgers around most of that game that made the difference. And their o-line is still a mess.

If Seattle comes to town it wouldn’t be til the NFC Championship game and the Packers might rout ‘em 58-10 and people can finally stop talking about that ‘fail mary’ play. Or not, Seattle could win.

Of course, if the Giants make it in they would go to Lambeau, and we all know what happens in January when the Packers play the Giants in the playoffs. At Leambeu.

72. Frazier28/7 says: Dec 18, 2012 12:12 PM

Larry Fitzgerald is this generations Barry Sanders.

73. threedeep1998 says: Dec 18, 2012 12:16 PM

MN wins both games and does most of the damage vs GB. MN then goes to Lambeau for wildcard round. Ponder throws 5TDs and does naked cartwheels on the 50.

74. minnesconsin says: Dec 18, 2012 12:16 PM

AP is a stud. I think he deserves the MVP but I wouldn’t he surprised if he comes up 50 yards shy of Dickerson’s mark.

Now I’m going to let the giant Elephant stomp around the room: percent chance AP used HGH to come back from his injury so quickly? People are going to flip at the mere suggestion, but be realistic. NFL players know they’re not being tested for HGH. I’m sure it’s widely used in situations like this.

75. arson81 says: Dec 18, 2012 12:17 PM

Props to all the Packers fans that are giving Peterson respect. Very nice to see, shows you guys have a ton of class and are true football fans

76. lombarditrophies says: Dec 18, 2012 12:28 PM

Another die hard Packer fan here. I would like to see AP break the record. He’s a great player and to do it a year after a devastating knee injury is nothing short of amazing.

Records were made to be broken…I want to see the bogus sack record fall at the hands of Watt but I’d be happy for Smith too. I will also appreciate it when Peyton Manning breaks the touchdown pass record, and I would really love to see the interceptions thrown record eclipsed some day but I have a suspicion that that one’s permanent.

77. justwannawinna says: Dec 18, 2012 12:29 PM

I hope he breaks it. Hes a modern day Jim Brown in the way he dominates the game and hes physical appearance(big frame, but still fast). If he keeps this up he’ll be a first ballot HOF and the greatest RB of all time. Especially in an era where teams pass the ball more than ever.
    I honestly dont know why he fell in the draft to 7th overall he has the vision, power and the speed of an speed back to take it the distance which is a very rare combination.

78. pillowporkers says: Dec 18, 2012 12:39 PM

————————————————————-

As a vikings fan, is it just me or have coaches continuously tried this strategy, and it doesn’t seem to work? Rams are a perfect example (Packers too). When you stack the box against AP, that’s when he breaks his big runs because once he gets through that first level, he’s gone. IDK what you do to stop him. It’s like blitzing Brady. Either you don’t and he shreds you apart down the field, or you do and you give up the big play.

79. hurrayforyogapants says: Dec 18, 2012 12:42 PM

I heard Greg Jennings fondest desire was to play for the Minnesota Vikings…

80. jgedgar70 says: Dec 18, 2012 12:44 PM

I think those of us old enough to remember Dickerson want AP to set the record, because AP is a class guy and Dickerson was a whiny jerk. Dickerson has to hold the all-time professional sports record for most interviews that contained a whine that he isn’t paid enough. Seemed like every 5 minutes there was another article where Dickerson was quoted saying, “I’d play better if I got paid better.”

That being said, I couldn’t root for a rival. I hate Atlanta, Tampa and New Orleans so deeply that I could never root for any of their players to set any all-time record.

81. johngaltwho says: Dec 18, 2012 12:47 PM

This is a great example of a player making a perfectly innocent comment that shows sportsmanship and character and the media trying to create artificial buzz.

“Packers fans may have strong opinions about this. We have a feeling they may be expressing them below.”

You’re just daring readers to engage in silly argument about this article. If you dont feel that football is exciting or interesting enough without creating inane controversies, perhaps writing about a different subject would be more personally satisfying.

82. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Dec 18, 2012 12:49 PM

Doesn’t matter if he gets it or not. What matters is this will be his last good year and the vikes will have wasted one of the most talented RBs of all time. Skol.

83. samanthasteeleruinedmyqb says: Dec 18, 2012 12:54 PM

blackandbluedivision says:Dec 18, 2012 11:00 AM

Shawn Alexander
    LaDainain Tomlinson
    Chris Johnson
    ______

Wow, you’re dumb. Alexander and Tomlinson were good for many years. Johnson isn’t in the same league as Tomlinson or Peterson.

84. 2ruefan says: Dec 18, 2012 12:55 PM

muskyhunter2542,
    No doubt AP has contributed greatly to most of the Vikes’ wins this year.. but to day they are a “horrible” team without him is just homerism, and idiotic.

I’d opine that the Vikings D-line, O-line, and secondary are better than your Packs.

The only place your team is better is QB and receivers.

Watch some football before you make comments like this.

85. samanthasteeleruinedmyqb says: Dec 18, 2012 12:59 PM

minnesconsin says:Dec 18, 2012 12:16 PM

_____

Yeah, I’m sure it had nothing to do with the hard work he put into rehabbing the injury. All the NFL players are taking HGH. You can tell by all the guys breaking 30-year old rushing records the year after major injuries. For that comment, I hope Adrian breaks the single-game and single-season rushing records against the Packers.

86. muskyhunter2542 says: Dec 18, 2012 1:11 PM

As an FYI, Green Bay is guaranteed a home playoff game.
    The only way that The Vikings can win the game agains the packers is if something happens to make them rest some starters. Otherwise it wont be close… People seem to forget that The Packers are a better dome team. It is what they are set up for. They play better on a fast track. There is no way in hell that Ponder can keep up with Green Bay.

87. mnvikes7897 says: Dec 18, 2012 1:13 PM

We will sign Jennings after the season for his respect towards AP.

88. couple1314 says: Dec 18, 2012 1:16 PM

I think he is aiming for a long term contract with the Vikings. Welcome to Minnesota Greg.

89. johnnyb216 says: Dec 18, 2012 1:22 PM

If Rodgers would have said this everybody would have called him a whiner.

90. mineallmine001 says: Dec 18, 2012 1:33 PM

maybe he planning retirement in MN were old packers go to die.

91. imaginesuperbowlwin says: Dec 18, 2012 1:44 PM

I love the cheesehead comments on here saying AD won’t get 100 yards vs. the packers, since the packers d will be playing to stop him. AD broke 200 at the trailer park a few weeks ago, he will probably get 300 at the Dome. And the packers didn’t exactly dominate the Vikes at the trailer park either, seems to me they had to come from behind.

92. tabs2020 says: Dec 18, 2012 1:45 PM

`Larry Fitzgerald is this generations Barry Sanders.

Also, Adrian Peterson isn’t this generations Barry Sanders because he would never quit on his team while still in his prime or play at a high level. Sanders got sick of the Lions’ losing ways and walked. You’ll have to drag Adrian of the field before he would ever leave on his own accord.`

I hope Peterson gets the record…he`s in the discussion as the GOAT.

That said, individual records were never a motivating factor for Barry Sanders. Both guys deserve their due respect. No one should hate on Peterson for chasing records. And no one should hate on Sanders for refusing to play just to break them.

93. muskyhunter2542 says: Dec 18, 2012 1:57 PM

Larry Fitzgerald doesnt even play the same position. You cant put him in the same conversation… Plus CJ is 10x better then Larry Fitzgerald.

94. devinhesterprynne says: Dec 18, 2012 2:27 PM

Chalk up another person who wouldn’t mind seeing him get the record – he is amazing.

Also, looks like the vast majority of the Packer fans here are saying the same thing.

And no way Jennings wants to go to Minnesota – receivers want to go to teams where there is someone to throw them the ball…

95. bronkko says: Dec 18, 2012 4:06 PM

Good guy packer fans in this thread…

96. deltaoracle says: Dec 18, 2012 4:11 PM

2ruefan, I’d rather have the Packers’ secondary than the Vikings’. I’d take their coaches too. Peterson will probably get the record, and that’s fine, good for him. Lots of records are going to set this year. Personally I’m hoping to see the record for most pro football championships extended.

97. jonny42671 says: Dec 18, 2012 4:19 PM

Amazing how some Packer Fans show a little class then have to mention no Superbowls. The Vikings were one play away from the Superbowl with Favre at the helm. He had his best year ever with the Vikings. If he was a Viking for 15 years he would have had multiple rings, instead of waisting his career in Mamby Pamby land.

98. 7ransponder says: Dec 18, 2012 4:46 PM

ejmat2 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:56 AM

————————–

You mean like every other team the Vikings have played this year have planned for? Didn’t stop him then, why would it stop him now? You can plan to try and stop a freight train, doesn’t mean you actually will.

99. 7ransponder says: Dec 18, 2012 5:18 PM

bronkko says: Dec 18, 2012 4:06 PM

Good guy packer fans in this thread…

———————————

That’s because it shows up in the Packer feed, if it were just the Vikings feed, we’d have nothing but trolls here as always.

100. filthymcnasty1 says: Dec 18, 2012 5:54 PM

I (a Packer fan) am rooting for AP to break the record. It would be good for football, and give Viking fans a sense of pride that they wouldn’t otherwise be provided by the team.

101. packmanfan says: Dec 18, 2012 9:07 PM

If the Packers are so focused on getting a good running game going and with A-Rod the #1 sacked QB in the NFL, why don’t they focus on getting a RB as good as AP?

102. packmanfan says: Dec 18, 2012 9:08 PM

filthymcnasty1 says:
    Dec 18, 2012 5:54 PM
    —————————————————————–

What team will you root for next Mr. Bandwagon fan?

103. cougar69rt03 says: Dec 18, 2012 10:55 PM

Vikes win over GB no matter what happens with the Texans . AP breaks the record and Dickerson can drift off into a passing memory .