Report: Rob Gronkowski is out another week

Getty Images

The Patriots won’t be getting tight end Rob Gronkowski back on the field for at least another week.

Gronkowski has been ruled out for Sunday’s game in Jacksonville, Shalise Manza Young of the Boston Globe reports.

Sunday will be the fifth consecutive game that Gronkowski has missed after suffering a broken arm that required surgery. Although Gronkowski is an integral part of the offense, the Patriots have gone 3-1 without him, and the Patriots’ offense has played very well over the last four weeks despite Gronkowski’s absence.

The Patriots may be inclined to keep resting Gronkowski until the playoffs start, although they may want to get him some game action in Week 17 so that he’s fresh for the postseason.

21 responses to “Report: Rob Gronkowski is out another week

1. Gronk…Gronkman…Gronkster…Gronkmeister… Gronkdude… Sir Spike O’Gronk…The Gronkanator… Gronk… Gronk.. Gronk … Mr Gronkdudeman… or just the nutcracker dude…

It will be great to have him back when he gets back… The questions is … can the Pats go on a six game winning streak starting this weekend?

2. glennsyank13 says:
    Dec 21, 2012 12:47 PM
    I heard him talk for the first time on an ESPN interview yesterday. The guy sounds like a complete moron.

———————

Gronk not brainiac
    Gronk play football
    Gronk score touchdown
    Gronk spike ball

3. glennsyank13 says:
    Dec 21, 2012 12:47 PM

___________________________________

Here in New England it is very hard to hear him talk, since his voice is drowned out by the sounds of muskets blasting, bon jovi’s “this is our house” blaring, and the earth thundering from his touch down celebration spike.

4. glennsyank13 says:
    Dec 21, 2012 12:47 PM
    _______________________________
    He IS the “bro-iest” bro EVER. But he’s not as dumb as he seems. He has a lot of his money invested per his dad’s advice and he got decent grades from what I have read. Funloving goofball, he is though.

5. <>

When Gronkowski and Revis were being interviewed on TV… Revis called Belichick a jerk.

Gronk said: “Wow, I didn’t expect that.” Then they asked Gronk to describe Rex Ryan. Gronk said: “Funny”

Just shows how much class he has.

So I’ll take the high road here as well, and let the readers be the judge

6. surfinbird1 says:
    Dec 21, 2012 1:47 PM
    Hey glennsyank13 “a complete moron” how much do you make a year?

———————-

Making a lot of money doesn’t make you smart….

7. I’ve always been a fan of Gronk. After watching that E60 even more so, this guy is enjoying his life and playing great football for as good of a franchise as you will find in all of sports. He seemed as genuine of a good dude as you will find out there.

8. But you don’t understand – he’s on my fantasy roster and it’s championship week. It’s as if the team doesn’t even care about that at all! lol

9. I hope he gets to play against the Fins in week 17. He’s going to need to get back into a game to get back up to speed on things… and I’d rather that happens at the end of the season in what might be a meaningless game as opposed to the first round of the playoffs where a drop or screw up could end the Pats season.

10. glennsyank13 says:
    Dec 21, 2012 12:47 PM
    ———–
    What rock are you living under that you have never heard a Gronk interview?

Also… Gronk not care what u think. Gronk play football and hit hard. BOOM!

11. Gronk has had hip and ankle injuries limiting him all year. Watch out NFL, Gronk will be in beast mode come playoffs. Be afraid, be very afraid!

12. glennsyank13 says:
    Dec 21, 2012 12:47 PM

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You and every other Mensa Member who roots for your team would kill to have that “moron” playing for you.

13. He missed his entire senior season at Arizona due to a nagging back injury. It wasn’t his only injury at Zona.

I questioned his durability with that bad back as he sat out that season but it has been A-OK since he turned pro.

14. No problem with keeping him out, but never disrespect any team, regardless of record. Ever heard the word “upset”? I was watching NFL before the AFL existed and have learned that predictions mean very little and I’m certain Coach Bill constantly reminds his team of that. I am not looking past either Jax or Miami, but I like NE’s chances.