John Fox makes his case for Peyton Manning for MVP

John Fox, Peyton Manning AP

The NFL Most Valuable Player award seems to be a two-man race heading into Week 17, with Vikings running back Adrian Peterson and Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning the contenders. Vikings coach Leslie Frazier has already gone on the record as saying there’s no doubt that Peterson is the MVP, and it’s not surprising that Fox has now come out to vocally support Manning.

Fox said at his press conference today that he believes Manning deserves the honor because Manning has had to adjust to a new team and new teammates and has made that adjustment flawlessly in his first season in Denver.

“Obviously I might be a little biased and with all due respect to everybody involved, I think what’s unique about Peyton . . . he’s done it in a new city with a new team,” Fox said. “At that position, in my personal opinion, that’s what separates him from the rest of the field.”

Peterson and Manning each have one more game to attempt to impress the panel of 50 voters the Associated Press assembles to vote on the MVP award, but they appear to be neck and neck through 15 games of the season. Peterson, who has gained 1,898 yards this season, has a huge opportunity to bolster his case by surpassing the the 2,000-yard mark on Sunday, and maybe even breaking Eric Dickerson’s all-time record of 2,105 yards, while potentially leading the Vikings to the playoffs with a win over the Packers. Manning doesn’t have any high-profile statistical benchmarks to meet on Sunday, but he does have the opportunity to lead the Broncos to home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs, if they win on Sunday while the Texans lose.

My bet is that if Peterson tops 2,000 yards and the Vikings beat the Packers, Peterson gets the nod. If Peterson falls short and the Vikings lose, that will open the door to Manning winning the MVP for the record fifth time.

Permalink 82 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
82 Responses to “John Fox makes his case for Peyton Manning for MVP”
  1. filthymcnasty1 says: Dec 24, 2012 3:18 PM

Adrian MV Peter’d out.

2. jaggedmark says: Dec 24, 2012 3:20 PM

For all the love Peyton Manning is getting, if he loses his opening playoff game, the Tebowmaniacs will have to be held off with torches.

3. logicalvoicesays says: Dec 24, 2012 3:21 PM

My ballot goes :
    1. (Winner) Griffin III
    2. P.Manning
    3. Brady
    4. Rodgers
    5. A.Morris

4. kgs69 says: Dec 24, 2012 3:21 PM

5. patljr7 says: Dec 24, 2012 3:25 PM

A two man race??? Yeah because Calvin Johnson has no chance of winning, give me a break

6. jbaxt says: Dec 24, 2012 3:27 PM

What if AD breaks 2,000 yards and they lose or if they win and he doesn’t break 2,000?

7. jm91rs says: Dec 24, 2012 3:28 PM

Didn’t manning share the award with McNair a decade or so ago? Seems like a good year to do that again when both of these guys are so valuable to their teams.

8. electionconfidential says: Dec 24, 2012 3:29 PM

For a quarterback to lead a brand new team to a 12-3 record is amazing. Running for 2,000 yards is hardly a new thing. Chris Johnson wasn’t MVP when he did it. Coming to a new city with nerve damage in your throwing arm and leading them to a record that has them the #2 seed in the playoffs IS a new thing. I think Manning gets the nod.

9. svn2011 says: Dec 24, 2012 3:31 PM

I hope someone asks belichick about MVP award this yr. He will give an enthusiastic answer Iam sure about who should win it :)

10. filthymcnasty1 says: Dec 24, 2012 3:34 PM

kgs69 says: Dec 24, 2012 3:21 PM

“Regardless of who wins..These are the two most dominant football players at their positions currently, and possibly of all time.”

Peyton’s little brother has twice as many championships as both of them combined.

11. bobbybouche305 says: Dec 24, 2012 3:34 PM

let me see Peyton has easiest schedule,losses 3 biggest games on schedule N.E.,Houston,Atlanta.is there any doubt he will choke in playoffs as always….A.P. beats 49ers,Houston,and lets say Green Bay to make playoffs,with no Percy and a love struck QB….NOT EVEN A DEBATE…

12. knucklehead93 says: Dec 24, 2012 3:37 PM

Give it to AD! Manning has enough hardware already.

13. jasndc75 says: Dec 24, 2012 3:40 PM

Sorry, Peyton has to win a playoff game this year just to catch what Tebow did with this team last year.

Luck has been a bigger boost to his team than Peyton.

I’d vote for Brady over Peyton

Peterson should win it, he really is carrying his team, Manning is not doing it by himself.

14. thekiller678 says: Dec 24, 2012 3:40 PM

kgs69 says: Dec 24, 2012 3:21 PM

———————————————————–
    Peyton is arguable but c’mon man I love AP but no way you can all him the most dominant RB of all time. At least not yet.

15. bdnnbd says: Dec 24, 2012 3:45 PM

Logicalvoice needs a less hypocritical username.

16. majikbullet says: Dec 24, 2012 3:45 PM

My list:

1. P. Manning/A. Peterson C0. MVPS
    3. A. Rodgers
    4. JJ Watt
    5. Andrew Luck

17. eaglesw00t says: Dec 24, 2012 3:47 PM

patljr7 says:
    Dec 24, 2012 3:25 PM

—————

He doesnt. Sorry, regardless of his stats, his team has 4 wins. Peyton and AP led their teams to the playoffs. Its a totally different situation, and Calvin Johnson (no matter how good) doesnt deserve it over either of them.

18. grantgoodman93 says: Dec 24, 2012 3:54 PM

AP has my vote. But when did Rodgers get dropped from this race? He’s playing behind a bad o line and with a pretty bad defense. Amazing their record is what it is (and they were gipped of the Seahawks game..)

19. KIR says: Dec 24, 2012 3:54 PM

The Broncos made the playoffs last year with Tim Tebow at QB, enough said… lol

20. ianwetpantscom says: Dec 24, 2012 4:00 PM

ALL DAY MVP!

21. blacknole08 says: Dec 24, 2012 4:04 PM

Why no love for Matt Ryan? He’s been playing at an MVP level all year on a good team flying under the radar.

Peyton Manning should not win it — or at least win by default if AP doesn’t get 2000 and the Vikes miss the playoffs.

I’d consider Aaron Rodgers too.

22. CKL says: Dec 24, 2012 4:06 PM

Let him have the MVP.

-everyone not a Broncos fan who realizes MVP is the kiss of death for SB wins after Warner did it in 1999.

23. jessethegreat says: Dec 24, 2012 4:09 PM

Cobb! About to set the single season record for all purpose yards!

24. tsi431 says: Dec 24, 2012 4:12 PM

Rodgers has more TD’s less INT’s, better pass rating then Manning, yet fails to make this article.

I am a Packer fan, but the MVP is a two man race between Peterson and Megatron. I would prefer to see them share the award myself.

Hard to say it as a Packer’s fan, but they both deserve it.

25. seamhereseamthere says: Dec 24, 2012 4:13 PM

Give AP credit. Even after a serious injury he is having his best year. However, the fun ends here.

With a bye on the line, the Pack will not let up on the gas pedal and do exactly what they did last week. And that was a game plan that called for extra focus on Chris Johnson and dare Locker to beat them. Next Sunday it will be extra focus on AP and dare Ponder to beat them.

I don’t know too many folks that are betting on Ponder to screw up this scenario….

26. stingcoldgame says: Dec 24, 2012 4:14 PM

How can a player on a team that won’t make the playoffs win the MVP? My vote is for Manning.

27. mtx1992 says: Dec 24, 2012 4:14 PM

If the Vikings had the Broncos schedule, AD would be aiming for 3000 rushing yards.

28. jimbo75025 says: Dec 24, 2012 4:14 PM

jasndc75 says:
    Dec 24, 2012 3:40 PM
    ———-

Hmm, if the Broncos get a first round bye-and it certainly looks as though they will, then Peyton will have automatically reached the same level as the Tebow-led squad did last year. Do not forget Tebow’s “win” was during the wild card round.

29. msclemons67 says: Dec 24, 2012 4:16 PM

JJ Watt = MVP, AD = OPOY, Manning = CBPOY

There’s barely enough awards to go around this year. Some amazing performances. Football is fantastic.

30. smitastic says: Dec 24, 2012 4:25 PM

I wonder if Aaron Rodgers has anything to say about this article? Peterson should get if he sets the record, otherwise why would you give it to Manning? Rodgers has better numbers in almost all categories with less attempts and a TON injuries(Jennings and Nelson have been out a total of 12 games this year). If it goes to a QB it’s Rodgers and then everybody else!

31. dannomac21 says: Dec 24, 2012 4:27 PM

Aaron Rodgers is the MVP

32. pongonfl says: Dec 24, 2012 4:36 PM

It is hard to compete with the QBs for this award for any other position on the field. By definition, on a healthy team, the QB will be the most valuable player.

That AP has put a dent in that is very commendable. But the level of success that P Manning has had with this new team that was a wild cat team last year if it was anything. But won enough to leave him a brutal schedule is historic and amazing.

Now, biggest comback, Neither of these guys ever performed poorly to “come back” but from what I understand, all the work involved aside, Peytons injury would either heal or it would not, but Adrians injury had to be willed to heal.

So I expect, AP gets biggest comeback, and PM gets MVP.
    But in a normal year, both could have achieved either. But having to pick one each, thats how I would do it.
    Both filthy rich, both little left to prove about their HOF creds. Both driven just by a desire for excellence and recognition.

33. seacab1972 says: Dec 24, 2012 4:38 PM

AP MVP – Wilson Rookie of the Year 1 more TD and he ties the great Manning rookie TD record.

34. ghjjf says: Dec 24, 2012 4:43 PM

Peterson’s team has to first make it to the playoffs for him to be considered and Manning has to win one more playoff game than Tebow to be considered.

35. emperorzero says: Dec 24, 2012 4:57 PM

I’m glad Peyton is back from his neck injury, but I would have him way down on the list for MVP. First, the Broncos made the playoffs last year (and won a game) with a guy that can’t hit the broadside of a barn from the inside. Second, though the Broncos have won 10 in a row, they play in a horrible division and played teams like the Ravens who were slumping big time. Last, I would make the argument that Von Miller is the MVP of the Broncos – he’s having a phenomenal year.

My top 3 would be: J.J. Watt (unreal what he is doing as a 3-4 DE), Aaron Rodgers (a lot of injuries to the offense and yet they have the #2 seed at the moment), and Tom Brady (that’s a 6-10 team without him).

36. tdshouldbeinthehall says: Dec 24, 2012 5:15 PM

bobbybouche305 says:
    Dec 24, 2012 3:34 PM
    ———–
    Because APs 85 yards on 25 carries Is the reason they beat the Texans this week. How about you make the playoffs before even thinking about AP as MVP. Tell me how he is any different then Calvin Johnson this year. Both will be sitting at home watching Manning in the playoffs.

37. vikingsvoice says: Dec 24, 2012 5:18 PM

The Broncos made the playoffs and knocked out the steelers with tebow last year. The Vikes were 3-13. AP has had a larger impact on the Vikes than Manning has had on the Broncos.

38. steviaquinn says: Dec 24, 2012 5:18 PM

If matt ryan doesn’t get MVP why even have an MVP?

39. gbpackfan1990 says: Dec 24, 2012 5:19 PM

How is the best QB in the league not even mentioned? Rodgers has 1 more td than manning, and 3 less picks. The hasn’t had a 100 yard rusher in 42 games and still puts up numbers behind a patchwork offensive line that has made him the most sacked QB in the league. Add in another couple rushing tds for Rodgers and he gets a leg up. Peyton also had a top 5 defense to lean on while the Packers, although improving, are still in the middle of the pack. In common games (New Orleans and Houston) Manning had 5 tds and 0 picks and a 1-1 record. Rodgers had 10 tds with a pick but a 2-0 record. Don’t get me wrong, I still think Peterson is the front runner but if you are going to include Manning and not Rodgers, that is a slap in the face.

40. conormacleod says: Dec 24, 2012 5:21 PM

I guess I could live with co-Mvps. But, AP has led his team to 6, and possibly 7 more wins this year over last. The Vikings have the worst statistical QB in the league, and their top (only) receiver has been out for weeks. The Broncos proved last year their team can make the playoffs with anybody at QB. It really isn’t close. AP is the most valuable player in the league right now.

41. eaglesnoles05 says: Dec 24, 2012 5:21 PM

Looking like a co-mvp kinda year to me

42. golforepar says: Dec 24, 2012 5:27 PM

The Broncos were a playoff team Without Manning! Rodgers deserves the MVP more! A P deserves the MVP more than anyone and Im a Packers fan.

43. tdshouldbeinthehall says: Dec 24, 2012 5:29 PM

Manning gets it boys. AP about to put up 2000 yards without a QB. Guess who else did that, Jamal Lewis. Manning and all the other good QBs are about the same number and win wise. What sets Manning apart is he is having this kind of year after not playing for a year and a half and doing it with a new team. Anyone using the excuse that the Broncos made the playoffs with Tebow obviously didn’t watch any Bronco games last year or this year or you would know the colossal difference in the offense.

44. mooreman338 says: Dec 24, 2012 5:32 PM

I’m a Vikings fan and I know without AP we might have 3 wins again this year, on the other hand and I hate to say it but without Aaron Rodgers the Packers would not even be a playoff contender. If the Broncos didn’t get where they did with Tebow last year it would undoubtedly go to Manning. Regardless I think you could argue for any of them. I really don’t care I just want to see the Vikes shred the cheese on Sunday, not going to be easy. Skol!

45. forevercorr says: Dec 24, 2012 5:36 PM

I am a Broncos fan and I think that Peterson should get it. Here’s why – Adrian has carried that team to most of their wins basically by himself, let alone on a rebuilt knee. Manning is invaluable to the Broncos and their success, but Denver has won by playing strong football in every aspect of the game. Running has been strong, defense has been dangerous – even special teams have been successful. I treasure Manning, but Adrian is doing amazing things each week. While there is a QB bias, I hope they share it at worst.

46. tbd3 says: Dec 24, 2012 5:37 PM

The Vikings would be awful without Adrian Peterson, among the worst teams in the league. The Patriots would have a losing record without Brady, same for the Packers without Rodgers.

The Broncos? They would be AFC West champions without Manning under center.

Of course, I don’t know this for sure. I just believe it to be true.

47. 8man says: Dec 24, 2012 6:12 PM

He has a good case. The guy is money.

And my guy is Tom Brady. Don’t get me wrong I’m not switching. But the Patriots have Bill Belichick. John Fox knows he ain’t BB.

Well done Peyton.

48. malvaren18 says: Dec 24, 2012 6:41 PM

Are you kidding me the Vikings would be out early in the playoffs no matter whatever Adrian does, on the other hand Manning Broncos are Super Bowl Favourites.

49. malvaren18 says: Dec 24, 2012 6:45 PM

Manning faced those 3 top teams early on the year, they are very lucky, that luck will run out in the playoffs, the only team that they should prepare extra hard for will be the Patriots any other team don’t stand a chance.

50. lolo376 says: Dec 24, 2012 6:46 PM

Manning has less yards and touchdowns more interceptions than Brady. And a worse division. Give me a break. He’ll get

51. surfinbird1 says: Dec 24, 2012 7:12 PM

and he’s the main reason I’ll have a job next year. Right John?

52. pike573 says: Dec 24, 2012 7:18 PM

Peyton has also had to overcome the handicap of having John Fox as his head coach.

53. kenorv says: Dec 24, 2012 8:14 PM

If the Vikings make the playoffs then A.P. is my MVP. If not then it’s Manning. What A.P. is doing coming off of a torn ACL, with a defense that isn’t as good as it used to be, no Percy Harvin and Christian Ponder at QB is incredible. If they make the playoffs then it’s because of A.P.

Manning has been great but Denver did win that division last year with Tebow so they obviously have talented players around Manning. Manning has more to work with than A.P. does. Besides, Peyton already has 4 MVPs.

54. malvaren18 says: Dec 24, 2012 8:26 PM

The 96 million contract Manning got, I bet now looks like a bargain for a player of his caliber, if Vick sign for 100 million?

55. montrealraider says: Dec 24, 2012 8:39 PM

I dont really care about who wins it because we have so many great stories and players having remarkable seasons and huge impact on their teams.

But I think its very funny John Fox was saying a couple weeks ago the most improved aspect of his team from last year was defense and now he thinks his QB should be league MVP! Why werent you saying that last year too John? I guess he was afraid to hurt Tim’s feelings….

56. grogansheroes says: Dec 24, 2012 8:49 PM

Brady or Rogers MVP, AP Offensive POY, Manning Comeback Player.
    Manning has a top five defense, the teams in his division have only won 12 games total. AP is the whole team, and It’s nice they are in the plaoff hunt, but they scare no one. Brady has the worst defense in the history of the NFL, and will go 12 and 4. Would be 13 or 14, but were screwed by the refs against Arizona and Baltimore.

57. dlew2191 says: Dec 24, 2012 8:53 PM

malvaren18 says: Dec 24, 2012 8:26 PM

Different year length dude

58. denverscott says: Dec 24, 2012 8:53 PM

montrealraider says: Dec 24, 2012 8:39 PM

————————————————————–
    Because Denvers def last year was middle of the road. Just because people keep posting that the awesome D got them through last year doesn’t make it fact. Look up the stats instead of parroting stupid peoples ideas. Middle of the pack to top 5, quite an improvement eh?

59. alwaysr1ght says: Dec 24, 2012 9:03 PM

My favorite posts…

The Broncos made the playoffs last year with Tim Tebow at QB, enough said… lol

60. montrealraider says: Dec 24, 2012 9:05 PM

Well denverscott dont you think having a dominating offense that puts up points on the board and stays on the field for long drives doesnt help the defense? Complementing Peyton Manning is pass rusher dream my friend and you have a couple dynamite ones. He changes the entire complexity of the team, its not independant.

61. cvieira18 says: Dec 24, 2012 9:09 PM

Hey logicalvoice, how did the skins do without rg3? Oh yea they still won. Hes not even mvp of his team. Morris will be better.

62. vikingfan1971 says: Dec 24, 2012 10:23 PM

the vikings have a good shot getting into the playoffs sting what are you talking about. As for people saying a running back getting over 2000 yards is nothing, he just came off of having major knee surgery and everyone was saying he was not going to be the same and he is proving everyone wrong, Yes Houston did keep him from scoring big but you know what our defense and ponder did show up to that game,
    good luck to you vikings beat the packers and go all the way in the playoffs ( anyone can dream )

63. tokyosandblaster says: Dec 24, 2012 10:30 PM

It’s really not even a competition.

Aaron Rodgers is the MVP. He’s been outstanding each and every week, making the ridiculous look ho-hum.

If a QB wins it, and it’s not Rodgers, who is leading in every category that matters, there really shouldn’t be an MVP anymore.

64. boyshole25 says: Dec 24, 2012 11:18 PM

Jj watt and its not even close Manning had that butterball schedule after week 5 they were 2 -3at that point and will be exposed in playoffs

65. sundayisthebestday says: Dec 24, 2012 11:33 PM

lolo376 says:
    Dec 24, 2012 6:46 PM
    ————————————————————-

Stats are easy to check, so why do you always post incorrect stats? Do you do it on purpose? Manning has more TDs than Brady, and it’s not like the AFC East is some powerhouse. How did the Pats do when they lost Brady for the season? Double digit wins. Belichik is the one who keeps New England competitive.

As an aside, Manning also has a higher QB rating and higher completion % than Brady.

66. sc5000 says: Dec 24, 2012 11:33 PM

Manning is MVP because of what everyone says about him, he raises all boats. The Broncos would not have a top 5 defense if the Top 3 offense wasn’t out on the field protecting them. As far as the Broncos play in a weak division argument save it. The Patriots do too, dominated that trash for a decade, no one ever complains about that.

67. thejuddstir says: Dec 24, 2012 11:41 PM

I can’t believe that the people who vote for MVP give so much credit to QB’s. Obviously, Manning and Peterson depend on their respective offensive lines. After that, Peterson is on his own to do what he does. Manning has 3-4 WR’s, RB’s and TE’s to catch his passes, he takes very little physical punishment compared to a RB that takes a beating every time he carries the ball. QB’s get the credit for a 2 yd dump off that goes the distance for a TD by a RB. Bottom line, QB’s have multiple players to directly aid them in padding their stats whereas RB’s are on their own to gain their stats. I don’t even think it should be close, AD should win MVP hands down and my second choice would be Megatron. QB’s get far too much credit for stats when they are dependent on others to get the stats for them.

68. malvaren18 says: Dec 24, 2012 11:52 PM

It’s tebow time, where is that loser anyways?

69. The Prophet says: Dec 25, 2012 12:05 AM

Peyton’s numbers are comparable to 3-4 other QB’s with similar records, while Adrian has about a 500 yard lead on all other RB’s and is single-handedly carrying his team to a 10-6 record and a playoff berth despite having the worst starting QB in the NFL. All this coming off an injury that has ended careers, en route to a 2000 yard season and possible best all time.

Adrian’s season is why they invented MVP awards, and Peyton’s votes will be based on writers lifelong love affair with Manning.

70. jeremycrowhurst says: Dec 25, 2012 12:10 AM

AP deserves both MVP and comeback player of the year. Unfortunately, Peyton deserves both awards more.

In AP’s case, there is virtually no correlation between his rushing and his team’s winning or losing. Two of the Broncos three losses were Manning’s two worst games. The third was against the Patriots.

I don’t think there’s ever been a time when a team has basically made one addition to their roster, with no significant other roster or coaching changes, and gone from being a marginal team to a legitimate Super Bowl contender. That’s the very definition of an MVP, and we almost never see such a clear-cut case of one player making such a tremendous difference to a team’s fortunes.

71. stercuilus65 says: Dec 25, 2012 12:26 AM

Gotta go with Peyton though AP makes it tough but a QB having a great year is more valuable than a RB having a great year.

72. brentsingleton1978 says: Dec 25, 2012 12:32 AM

People shouldn’t even mention Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow in the same sentence it just makes you sound dumb. And yes we know the Broncos made the playoffs but c’mon man they where 8-8

73. sellinmp1506 says: Dec 25, 2012 12:35 AM

I’m a diehard Packer fan, it sucks to say it, but it’s Peterson all the way. Tim Tebow took the Broncos to the divisional round last year. I’ll say that again: Tim….Tebow….took….the….Broncos….to….the….divisional ….round….last….year. That is the start and end of all arguments. The Broncos might be one of the best teams in football, but…Tim Tebow took that team to the divisional round. Manning is great, Denver looks great. Adrian Peterson is MVP.

74. greenbay4life says: Dec 25, 2012 1:40 AM

really Peyton Manning why? Seriously why is he the MOST valuable player? Last year Denver went to the playoffs and beat Pittsburgh. This year they win a few more games but it speaks to the skill level of the coaches and team in Denver that they can win with Tebow leading the charge.

Its called the Most Valuable Player because if you took away that one player from that team the team would most likely collapse. Now I am biased towards Rodgers because I dont see the Packers winning a single game without him, especially with Graham Harrell as their quarterback.

However, look at everyone else in the running. Brady, Watt, and Peterson they are all above and beyond more important to their teams especially Peterson.

Peterson steam rolls over defenses all the while having Christian Ponder as his quarterback and having opposing teams stack 8 or sometimes 9 in the box.

So even though I am a Packer fan from Minnesota and I have the Vikings more than anything, I have to give credit where credit is due and say that Adrian Peterson deserves the MVP more than any other one candidate… especially more than Manning.

75. edwinmoses says: Dec 25, 2012 1:51 AM

I agree w/ MDS’ assessment. If AP makes history they give it to him. Otherwise, it needs to go to Manning. The guy is doing things that people can’t even appreciate. It’s way more difficult to come in w/ a neck injury in an alien offense and do what he’s done. Again, that takes nothing away from A P, b/c he’s obviously special to our generation. However, just remember, OJ did his feat in 14 game season while being benched at half on a game or two.

76. matthewcarlson1 says: Dec 25, 2012 2:08 AM

electionconfidential says:
    Dec 24, 2012 3:29 PM
    ————————————————-
    The Broncos were a playoff team last year, the Vikings were 6-10. The Broncos run Peyton’s offense. All he really had to adjust to was his receivers. Decker and Thomas are 1,000 yard receivers, he has two or three old Colts Teammates to finish off the receiving corps. Peyton had neck surgery, AP tore his ACL/MCL. AP missed 1 game, Peyton missed a year. There are two QBs that have better stats than Peyton while AP is 400+ yards ahead of the next leading back. My vote is for Purple Jesus.

77. joetoronto says: Dec 25, 2012 6:56 AM

John Fox is complaining?

No way, SMH.

78. thelastpieceofcheese says: Dec 25, 2012 7:12 AM

Ryan Tannehill should be the MVP. He took the Dolphins – a team the PFT experts designated as the worst in the league – to the verge of the playoffs.

79. flash1283 says: Dec 25, 2012 7:57 AM

WatchThis says:
    Dec 24, 2012 7:13 PM
    Brady looks at ref. Ref throws flag.

Maybe you should check your facts.

The worst division in the AFC over the last 10 years has been the AFC South (Manning’s division) based on win -lose and playoff appearances from teams not named the Colts or Patriots.

It’s a false statement the haters like to use “the patriots and TB are good because of there division”. They will come up with any excuse not to give credit.

And what QB plays in the worst division (fact) in the AFC again?
    Manning.

For Brady not to even be mentioned in the MVP race is a joke.

80. lionfish57 says: Dec 25, 2012 8:27 AM

I hope Adrian gets it. But if it is a quarterback Aaron Rodgers deserves the MVP…Period.

81. lahalvy says: Dec 25, 2012 8:42 AM

In 2012 the Indianapolis Colts go 10 and 5, place second in the division and are 9th in yards per game and 7th in pass yards. In 2011, the Colts go 2 and 14, and in 2010 they are 10 and 6. In 2012 the Denver Broncos are 12 – 3, 2011 they are 8 -8 and 2010 they were 4 – 12. Minnesota in 2012 are 9-6 , 2011 they were 3 – 13, and 2010 they were 6 – 10. So AP was with the Vikings the entire time, not much change in the record except better team play. But Manning was a winner in Indy, Indy fell in the toilet in 2011 and Denver was improving but at the same rate as the Vikings. There is only one common Denominator in the facts that is Peyton Manning. With him you are a winner. Without him you are a loser. Peyton for MVP

82. division2lbss says: Dec 25, 2012 9:05 AM

Adrian Peterson and Peyton Manning should be co-MVP’s both of their seasons are so tremendous idk even know how u could pick one or the other.