Bengals claim Dane Sanzenbacher off waivers

Chicago Bears v Cleveland Browns Getty Images

The Cincinnati Bengals are bringing a native son home to the state of Ohio for Christmas.

According to Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the Bengals have claimed wide receiver Dane Sanzenbacher off waivers from the Chicago Bears and placed cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick on injured reserve.

Sanzenbacher is from Toledo, Ohio and played his college ball at Ohio State. Now he joins the Bengals as Cincinnati heads into the postseason. Sanzenbacher appeared in just four games for the Bears this season and recorded just one catch for seven yards.

Per Reedy, Kirkpatrick was placed on injured reserve due to a knee injury and not the concussion he sustained against the San Diego Chargers on Dec. 2. Kirkpatrick played in just five games for Cincinnati and recorded four tackles before landing on injured reserve.

Permalink 34 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals, Home, Rumor Mill
34 Responses to “Bengals claim Dane Sanzenbacher off waivers”
  1. goraidersgospurs says: Dec 25, 2012 5:26 PM

Kirkpatrick also played in just four games for Cincinnati and recorded four tackles before landing on injured reserve.

And to think Raiders had a chance to draft this guy, but no we traded the pick for a QB that just threw for 4, 000 yards, the last Raiders QB to do that was Gannon, boy i still hate that trade!!!

2. jody46 says: Dec 25, 2012 5:35 PM

oh my god! YESSSSS my favorite player ever from my favorite college team Thee Ohio State Buckeyes is going to my favorite pro team the Cincinnati Bengals! Al right DANE!

3. slobmykolb says: Dec 25, 2012 5:44 PM

Dane had some quality games in Chicago last year and seemed like a decent slot guy (and def better wr than Hester) I’m kinda surprised da bears are letting him go so soon. I think this could b a solid pickup for cincy

4. slobmykolb says: Dec 25, 2012 5:45 PM

Just to b clear, I know Bennett is the slot guy in Chicago n not Hester n with Bennett always hurt thought they might hold on to Dane (still think he’s better than Hester too)!

5. enders9 says: Dec 25, 2012 6:02 PM

goraidersgospurs says: Dec 25, 2012 5:26 PM

—————————————————

The Raiders got a crap QB at the end of his career, the Bengals got a rookie CB with a ton of potential. Yeah… that sure was a great trade for you. How have the Raiders done since making that trade for Palmer? I see he’s still having a hard time getting his QB Rating out of the 80′s

6. jhorton83 says: Dec 25, 2012 6:08 PM

goraidersgospurs says:
    Dec 25, 2012 5:26 PM

——————————————————–

4000 yards doesn’t really mean anything if it doesn’t come with wins. Jeff George used to put up a lot of yards too.

Raiders record w/ Carson Palmer (25 games): 8-17
    Raiders record before Carson Palmer (25 games): 13-12

Yeah, he was sure worth those 1st and 2nd round draft picks. Palmer puts up decent stats on the surface, but when you actually watch him in games, he isn’t clutch, he inevitably chokes, and he throws back-breaking interceptions that end up killing the team. He’s not a winner.

7. larryboodry says: Dec 25, 2012 6:22 PM

The Bears should have kept Sanzenbacher around and taught him to be a TE.

8. 561bengal says: Dec 25, 2012 6:39 PM

A Raiders fan talking smack. Hilarious!!!!

9. 561bengal says: Dec 25, 2012 6:43 PM

Since the trade Bengals have been inthe playoffs twice. How many post season appearances have the Raiders been in ?

10. goraidersgospurs says: Dec 25, 2012 7:00 PM

Raiders record w/ Carson Palmer (25 games): 8-17Raiders record before Carson Palmer (25 games): 13-12

You right Palmer is the reason Raiders lose you know since Oakland D is soo great!!!

11. goraidersgospurs says: Dec 25, 2012 7:08 PM

A Raiders fan talking smack. Hilarious!!!!

A Bengals team making it out of the first round. PIPE DREAM!!!

12. goraidersgospurs says: Dec 25, 2012 7:12 PM

Ohh we are on the past now when was the last time bengals made it to the superbowl what 1989….Raiders 2003 soo what is your point about making it to the first round????

13. jethrie says: Dec 25, 2012 8:05 PM

What happened in that Super Bowl in 2003? That was a decade ago. And that was the last time they made the playoffs. Cincy has made it in 05, 09, 11, 12. Five more years and the Raiders will match the Bengals old record of futility. Good luck with that.

14. johnnyb1976 says: Dec 25, 2012 8:14 PM

Bitter raider fans it’s like this. Your management gave us a farm for a pig. Carson isn’t the big game QB he once was and 8-17 with Palmer is not good. There was bad defenses in Cincy while he was there. You guys know that guy Chuck Bresnahan, yeah not that good of a coordinator. Anyway Palmer overcame those bad defenses to lead his team to a division title and a couple of near playoff seasons.
    Bengals are 18-13 with 2 trips to the playoffs since Carson quit, same Mike Zimmer D Carson had in 2010 when he was throwing the ball to anybody in another colored jersey. Bengals were 4-12. The bengals are so much better without him here, soon even the biggest idiot raider fan will see what bengals fans know.

15. raynman49 says: Dec 25, 2012 8:20 PM

USC qb’s are not NFL qb’s.

16. nbooat says: Dec 25, 2012 8:55 PM

Lol!!!Raiders!!!
    You got fleeced (and beaten really bad in Cincy 34-10)!!!
    Look at all the draft picks and trades you gave up for qbs(Palmer, Pryor, Campbell ). You still don’t have a winner!
    I know you are horrible at drafting but you would have been better off drafting a qb (since every rookie and 2nd yr starting qb is doing better and winning more than Palmer).
    Kirkpatrick will be in the NFL (as well as this years high 2nd round pick you gave us) long after Palmer quits again!!! Quit drafting track stars and try drafting football players. How many busts have you drafted? (Bengals are owning the draft)
    Palmer is not a winner or a difference maker. He is a typical Raider (an aging Has Been no one else wants).
    All you sore loser Raider fans that are talking smack look as stupid as Mark Davis’ hair.
    Enjoy watching the playoffs mmmwahahaha!!!
    Where’s joetoronto?

17. jmc1718 says: Dec 25, 2012 8:56 PM

I think that is a good pick up for the Bengals ecspecially heading into the playoffs.. He will make a good slot receiver not much of a speedster but he has good hands and runs good routes…..

18. greghandle says: Dec 25, 2012 9:15 PM

Everybody is plugging holes at this point. I understand they are making do with what they can get and hope he works out, but I’d still rather have Sanu out there. Look forward to what this team can do if they get healthy. At least in the future, we can have more depth when Brown is forced to spend to the salary floor.

19. t8ertot says: Dec 25, 2012 10:21 PM

I like how every Bengals article is trolled by Raider fans. Do they have nothing better to do? I know their team sucks and they didn’t make the playoffs. They also got the short end of the stick with the Carson Palmer trade. I mean, I expect joetoronto to heckle us all the time, but the rest of their fans need to get a life.

Regarding the Bengals pick up, I’ve never heard the guy. WR choices aren’t exactly dime a dozen this time of year and I know the bengals need a one desperately. I thought Marvin Jones has stepped up the past few games. I’m glad they’re trying to win though.

20. rgwhodey says: Dec 25, 2012 10:31 PM

I think raiders fans commenting on how bad of a trade it was for the Bengals is hilarious, and its not even joetoronto making the comments, even he isnt ignorant enough to comment on Bengals updates any more.. when your team is relevant come talk trash…

21. wnstonchill says: Dec 25, 2012 10:32 PM

Dane Sanzenbacher NEVER got a fair chance to succeed in Chicago under Lovie Smith’s circus act. The Bears have been depleted at WR for most of the year, yet they couldn’t even get this guy on the field so they can see what he’s got???
    If I were a Bengal fan, I’d be pretty fired up about this move. The Bears have no clue when it comes to evaluating real talent (I know, I’ve been a fan since ’74) and I believe in my heart that this guy
    Dane Sanzenbacher can make a notable contribution to a team that knows how to use him.

22. descendency says: Dec 25, 2012 11:15 PM

Thumbs up if you thought of Jon Gruden saying “Sanzenbacher” when you saw this.

23. jamal1971 says: Dec 26, 2012 3:51 AM

Bengals-Bright Future. Raiders-Living in the Past.

24. goraidersgospurs says: Dec 26, 2012 4:07 AM

When your team can winn a playoff game, i will agree buddy!!

25. goraidersgospurs says: Dec 26, 2012 4:18 AM

I do hope you know you guys could not win a wildcard game every single time you made it, and dont give me that crap about we made it to the playoffs more then the raiders because if how many time you made it to the playoff determines your success then andy reid should not lose his job!!!

26. goraidersgospurs says: Dec 26, 2012 4:25 AM

I like how people show more respect to band wagon jumper then to fans who stick with a losing team , maybe I should start claiming Denver or Atlanta I bet no HATE then SMFH!!!

27. goraidersgospurs says: Dec 26, 2012 4:31 AM

Raider fans that are talking smack look as stupid as Mark Davis’ hair.Enjoy watching the playoffs mmmwahahaha!!!Where’s joetoronto?

Yes i will enjoy another first round Bengals exit, now after the lost no CRYING!!!

28. joetoronto says: Dec 26, 2012 4:48 AM

I’m here, losers. :)

If regular season wins is what every NFL team strives for when the season starts, then the Bengals have done better than the Raiders.

If the goal is to win the Super Bowl though, not so much.

I’m in your head, where i’ll stay.

29. bengalsucker says: Dec 26, 2012 8:03 AM

Quite amusing reading the Faider fans on here talking stuff. I guess it’s like they say, you keep telling yourself one thing over and over again, eventually you’ll believe it. So I guess that’s why you guys continually try to say the Faiders got the better end of the Carson trade. lol Maybe one day you’ll believe your own words…after Carson has already quit on you. Kirktpatrick being out sucks bad but he hasn’t made much of a contribution all year because of an injury in the preseason. Hopefully he’ll be back next year and healthy. However, I’d still much rather have a hurt Kirkpatrick than “Pick Six” Palmer. Have fun sitting on your couches watching US in the playoffs!

30. sprtsfan1 says: Dec 26, 2012 8:35 AM

So happy for this kid. Bears didn’t have a clue how to use him. Hope he actually gets a fair shot in Cincy.

31. voyager6 says: Dec 26, 2012 9:34 AM

Kirkpatrick is now an official bust.

32. t8ertot says: Dec 26, 2012 11:00 AM

——————-

The Bengals are the furthest thing from a bandwagon team. I’ve been a fan since Boomer and never quit on them.

33. jamal1971 says: Dec 26, 2012 1:49 PM

Raiders fans: Al Davis’s ghost is still running your team and it is still going to be bad for you until your ownership and general manager get rid of dead weight off your team. You guys make fun of the Bengals,but look at their team and ask yourself this: Do you wish that you had their talent? If not,please proceed in your demise.

34. dayaman says: Dec 26, 2012 5:56 PM

he will prosper,bears will regret this move.