Bills linebacker thinks it’s “a little easier” to face Sanchez

Buffalo Bills v New York Jets Getty Images

The Jets beat the Bills 48-28 on the opening weekend of the season behind one of Mark Sanchez’s best performances of the season, but that doesn’t mean Buffalo is upset to see Sanchez back in the starting lineup for this week’s game.

According to linebacker Bryan Scott, it’s a decision that will make for an easier day for the Bills defense than facing either Greg McElroy or Tim Tebow.

“It makes it a little easier because there’s a lot more film on Mark Sanchez than there is on McElroy. I don’t think they’re going to change too much offensively than they would have with Tebow. We’re still going to prepare for Tebow in case we see him some with the option type stuff,” Scott said, via the team’s website. “We’ve played against Sanchez multiple time so we’re all a bit more knowledgeable about his game and what he’ll likely do out there in certain situations.”

The lack of film on McElroy didn’t seem to cause the Chargers any trouble last week, but we get where Scott is coming from. The Bills, like every other team in the NFL, has seen enough of Sanchez over the last four years to enter a game against him with plenty of confidence. Problem is, the other 31 NFL teams, including the Jets, feel the same way about their offense facing the Bills defense.

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill
17 Responses to “Bills linebacker thinks it’s “a little easier” to face Sanchez”
  1. doe22us says: Dec 27, 2012 2:59 PM

Two terrible teams going against each other and one saying we have an advantage.. lol.

2. krustylaugh says: Dec 27, 2012 2:59 PM

Please God let us lose this game. I don’t want to fall out of the top ten again for a pointless game. @ least Gailey is finished!

3. radioactivechimp says: Dec 27, 2012 3:01 PM

I think the implication of this quote may seem to be “Mark Sanchez is worse than the team’s backups”, but the real point is that it’s easier to face someone that has a lot of game tape to analyze. This isn’t really a story at all.

4. nflfan555 says: Dec 27, 2012 3:04 PM

If nobody hears the tree fall in the woods is their really a tree? Hmmm, if nobody cares about this game is there really a game being played? Hmmm

5. mataug says: Dec 27, 2012 3:07 PM

What a misleading title.

6. kja22 says: Dec 27, 2012 3:25 PM

Understatement of the year.

7. DubZ480 says: Dec 27, 2012 3:27 PM

I think all NFL LB feel the same way! As bad as the Bill’s D is, nothing inspires confidence like facing Sanchez! O/U on Turnovers is 4.5!!

8. btowngetsdown says: Dec 27, 2012 3:27 PM

I think you are putting words in Scott’s mouth. I believe he is saying it is easier to prepare for Sanchez because they have so much film on him. I don’t think he was saying they have seen enough of Sanchez to feel confident they’ll beat him. Hater!

If you watched Jets / Bills in week one you would know the Bills D wouldn’t say that.

9. gadzod says: Dec 27, 2012 3:45 PM

As a Bills fan, I have to say, you had enough film on Sanchez before week 1 as well. He lit us up in a 48-28 loss that prompted the rest of the Bills fan base to realize this is going to be a long season.

10. baxman89 says: Dec 27, 2012 4:06 PM

Mark has always seemed like a good person. For his confidence going forward I hope he performs well Sunday. Maybe a change of scenery will do him good.

11. lanham4eve says: Dec 27, 2012 4:23 PM

Mark always plays well against the bills. Seeings as we have one win against him in his career.

12. hehateme2 says: Dec 27, 2012 4:37 PM

Butt fumble 2.0?? Come on Bill, do it!

13. jimjets says: Dec 27, 2012 4:50 PM

this is funny….i know sanchez stinks, but I think over 4 years the bills beat him once….and I think he threw 5 picks in that one. please….this is pitiful. jets and bills, dumb and dumber

14. jimjets says: Dec 27, 2012 5:51 PM

and while I’m at it, I think rex deserves one more chance, but…..I don’t remember, and I’ve watched football for about 35 years now, anyone, ever, handling a QB situation worse than rex did this year.

can anybody help me out on this one? worst head coach handling of a qb in nfl history?

15. edwinmoses says: Dec 27, 2012 8:24 PM

jimjets says: Dec 27, 2012 4:50 PM

————————————————————————–
    You’re reading way to into his comment, or your allowing yourself to be manipulated by the author of the article. All he’s saying is there is more film on Sanchez so it’s easier to prepare. Case closed. I do have to agree w/ your point that Sanchez has owned the Bills however. As a Bills fan, I hope he does again this Sunday.

16. lanman11 says: Dec 27, 2012 10:48 PM

Boy, I sure do hope the Jets run that “Statue of Azz-Munch” play one more time before the season is over!

17. cherrybop says: Dec 27, 2012 11:05 PM

I feel sorry for whoever ends up watching that ‘game’. Yikes.