Peterson, Winfield miss practice, Frazier says they’ll play

Minnesota Vikings v Houston Texans Getty Images

The bad news for the Vikings is that running back Adrian Peterson (abdomen) and cornerback Antoine Winfield (knee/hand) is that they didn’t practice — again — on Thursday.  The good news is that their coach says both will play on Sunday.

According to Judd Zulgad of 1500ESPN.com, Leslie Frazier said there’s no doubt Peterson and Winfield will suit up when the Vikings host the Packer for a win-and-in regular-season finale.

After missing practice on Wednesday with a shoulder injury, defensive end Jared Allen returned to practice on Thursday, as a full participant.

Peterson need 207 yards to tie and 208 to break the single-season rushing record, currently held by Eric Dickerson.

Permalink 33 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill
33 Responses to “Peterson, Winfield miss practice, Frazier says they’ll play”
  1. purpleguy says: Dec 27, 2012 5:32 PM

Wnfield has hardly practiced all year, and AP, well if he says he’s gonna play, who gives a rip about practice?

2. giantsfanlewis says: Dec 27, 2012 5:33 PM

Well let’s hope ap doesn’t get hurt playing in a meaningless game AGAIN

3. contra74 says: Dec 27, 2012 5:48 PM

giantsfanlewis says:Dec 27, 2012 5:33 PM

Well let’s hope ap doesn’t get hurt playing in a meaningless game AGAIN
    —-
    How is this game meaningless? Win and your in for the Vikings.

4. wludford says: Dec 27, 2012 5:53 PM

Pretty standard procedure for Leslie Frazier with veterans suffering minor injuries.

5. kingathen says: Dec 27, 2012 6:02 PM

Of course Peterson will play.. All Day doesn’t back down unless he absolutely needs to.

6. taintedsaints2009 says: Dec 27, 2012 6:08 PM

Vikings are getting injured at the wrong time

7. suckittrebek76 says: Dec 27, 2012 6:18 PM

Why do some knuckleheads still call him AP. It’s AD people.

8. filthymcnasty1 says: Dec 27, 2012 6:32 PM

It’s going to be pretty embarrassing if he doesn’t break the record after all his yapping.

9. dtrb10 says: Dec 27, 2012 6:35 PM

Just smoke and mirrors my friends. AD is just working out hard. I seen an interview with him on the Network and dude is just ripped. I feel sorry for the Packers Defense. Well not really I hope he just trucks Matthews.

10. flvikesfan says: Dec 27, 2012 6:41 PM

giantsfanlewis says:
    Dec 27, 2012 5:33 PM
    Well let’s hope ap doesn’t get hurt playing in a meaningless game AGAIN
    ————————————————
    Our boy Lewis here needs to pick up a newspaper. The Vikings game is FAR from meaningless. The Giants on the other hand need the Viking, Bears AND Cowboys to all lose AND they have to beat the Eagles to advance. Talk about a meaningless game, even if the G-strings win, which is highly unlikely, (Vicks will be doing his audition for a 2013 team) they still need more help than one of Obama’s solar tech firms. Eli will give his standard post game press conference looking like he’s taken a dozen too many head shots. All the while Lewis will be searching his cable guide to find out what time the puck drops for the hockey game to start. Life moves fast Lewis, you may want to pay attention once in a while.

11. icecubeusedtobeangry says: Dec 27, 2012 6:43 PM

You can tell the Vikings are playing the Packers this weekend….trolls are out in force right now.

Its just a game people

12. giantsfanlewis says: Dec 27, 2012 7:27 PM

Flviksfan

Sorry while you were typing that I was remembering how great it is that when the giants make it to a Superbowl they usually win. Also Sorry that I forgot the Vikings are still in the chase. I gave up on the giants about half way through the season when Eli and co couldn’t get the ball into the end zone. I also don’t watch hockey. Not much need to watch other sports when your football team is always competing for super bowls(4 super bowls in 4 consecutive decades, only team to do it, making them the most consistant team in the NFL). But have fun with your tail back who would rather have personal records than Superbowl rings and I’ll keep watching my giants win superbowls

13. giantsfanlewis says: Dec 27, 2012 7:45 PM

I will say this flvikesfan. You and the Vikings should feel lucky. Because the packers are going to lay down for you to keep NY OUT of the playoffs because they know if we make it we will be in the Superbowl again. The packers DO NOT wanna see NY again so they will let ap get his record and let min into the playoffs because they know that NY would whoop them again. That alone will tarnish aps record and your playoff appearance that I’m guessing will be a one and done.

And to be honest I wasn’t even trying to insult the Vikings when i made my first post just posting on how ap is a diva bit isn’t called for it and that he’s fragile. What has he finished 1 season? The guy is injured so much. He may look carved from stone hut for some reason he becomes flimsy around the end of the season

14. giantsfanlewis says: Dec 27, 2012 8:14 PM

But to top everything off let me know if you would like my cell number or e mail so the next time I give you a verbal smack down it won’t be in front of everyone so you can feel big and bad on the internet. Thanks again flvikesfan for your time and I’ll play again anytime

15. joshvanklomp says: Dec 27, 2012 8:15 PM

Practice? We talkin’ about practice?

16. whatjusthapped says: Dec 27, 2012 8:16 PM

I will like to buy a bag of whatever giantsfanlewis is smoking. To suggest that the Packers are going to lay down to keep the Giants out of the playoffs is just plain stupid when the Giants also need the Bears to lose and the Redskins to lose. How can the Packers convince these other teams to go along with this grand plan?

9/11 is an inside job, the mob killed John Kennedy and giantsfanlewis is a genius.

17. purpblooded says: Dec 27, 2012 8:17 PM

Hey Giantfan, You are full of __it! Your team won’t even beat the Eagles. I’d bet the Packers would love a chance to take the Giants down.

18. giantsfanlewis says: Dec 27, 2012 8:42 PM

Whatjusthappened

The y could start by you know BEATING THE GIANTS!

Purpblooded

What has happened the last 2 times NY went to green bay in the playoffs? Oh yeah we beat them and went on to win the super bowl. So yes gb will lay down. They know if NY makes it they will win again. We have smacked the packers so hard the last two times we played that players were achually convinced they were playing for the giants and beat the packers themselves

19. vikesfansteve says: Dec 27, 2012 8:45 PM

I’m not sure what is up with Lewis or why he wouldn’t want to watch the team in a title defending season when they can still make the playoffs, weird. He is right about the 0-4, but what’s even worse is the 0-5 in NFC Championships since then, especially when the refs handed the Saints the SB appearance in 09. Lets hope the Vikings win big and figure out a way to stop Rodgers and complete a pass to the WR’s at the same time because if the Vikings win they will be playing the Packers again in round 1 in Lambeau. If they loose, then the Vikings need the Bears, Cowboys and Giants to loose which just may happen. Then the Vikings could end up playing in SF maybe. Either way they need to have Ponder complete passes and figure out a way to slow down the other teams pass attacks.

20. giantsfanlewis says: Dec 27, 2012 9:00 PM

Oh vikesfansteve I’ve still been watching this terrible season the giants have had but I could see what was coming way back vs the panthers when we couldn’t find the end zone. Its been the same all year. Settling for field goal after field goal til not even that. We look terrible this season. Its all on our offense to. The defense is still good hut our offense can’t score if our playoff hopes depended on it(see last 2 games)

I was just making a point since flvikesfan wanted to try to insult me. My father(though a giants fan) loved the Vikings and the purple people eaters from way back. Of that division I more so like the bears but have no problem with the Vikings. I hate the modern packers. I hope weather ny, min or chi beats the packers. Just as long as Rodgers doesn’t win so we can hear Rodgers insult the entire nfc during the pro bowl agaon

21. giantsfanlewis says: Dec 27, 2012 9:04 PM

Oh and I agree that the Vikings were robbed in 2009. The entire season I had noticed everyone talking about Katrina and how nola needed the saints to win it for the city. That sounds season still makes me wonder if he NFL is a fixed game. But anyhow, min deserved that game and I’m one for team loyality and didn’t wanna see favre in a Vikings uniform

22. purpblooded says: Dec 27, 2012 9:24 PM

But Lewis…….The Giants look like crap this year, if they were any good, they would’ve beat the Ravens. Just because they beat the Packers in the past, that was then this is now. Streaks don’t go on forever. Start thinking about next year.

23. redviking84 says: Dec 27, 2012 9:42 PM

As a Viking fan…

I can’t say anything bad about the Giants until the Vikings beat THEM 41-0 in a non-meaningless NFC title game

24. bcdc26 says: Dec 27, 2012 9:44 PM

He gave up on them because Eli and Co couldn’t get the ball in the end zone but doesn’t have to watch hockey because his team is winning Super Bowls…. My head hurts. trying to decipher the rambling of what is sure to be a syphilitic brain isn’t easy.

25. jessethegreat says: Dec 27, 2012 10:06 PM

no Vikings fan by any means (actually a die hard packers fan), but has anyone ever come up with a more worthless statistic than giantsfanlewis?

How can someone be a fan if he gave up on his team weeks ago… While they were/are still in the playoff hunt?

Also, since his giants won a super bowl this decade, is he going to go away for the next decade until its their time again?

26. dobberdubinsky says: Dec 28, 2012 2:25 AM

Not to mention the Packers will get a bye if they win, but ya, I’m sure they’ll throw the game cuz they’re scared of the Giants, lol, what an idiot.

27. spartan822 says: Dec 28, 2012 9:11 AM

————
    I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Everyone here thinks you lost that arguement.

28. spartan822 says: Dec 28, 2012 9:13 AM

I’m not sure how it’s bad news that AD and Winfield are not practicing. That just means they will be stronger on game day.

29. jdhgopackgo says: Dec 28, 2012 11:11 AM

Here’s the way I see it – Packers win, they get a bye. I don’t care who the 6th seed is they will go to SF and lose. Which means SF at GB. With GB winning. Sea winning at Wash and at Atl. SEA at GB for NFC championship. This won’t come down to a Fail Mary. GB vs NE in the SB. GB = SB champs! Rematch in the Superdome like in 1997. Mark it down!

30. thetokyosandblaster says: Dec 28, 2012 12:07 PM

Season on the line… Why practice? Not important.

31. filthymcnasty1 says: Dec 28, 2012 4:19 PM

I think even the Viking players realize they have no chance against the Packers.

32. pack13queens0 says: Dec 28, 2012 8:29 PM

They’re both overrated. And Peterson belongs in Prison.

33. rmavs says: Dec 29, 2012 2:13 AM

The Vikes weren’t supposed to be in this position at the beginning of the year. They were picked to be dead last in the North. Peterson, AP, AD, Adrian was coming off a nasty knee injury. Harvin went down, and with that, the passing game disappeared. Yet, Peterson’s will has strengthened the team and allowed them to figure some things out offensively during the last few weeks. Musgrave has been able to grow with Ponder and the receivers, while Peterson busts 8/9 man fronts. As a lifelong Vikings fan, I couldn’t be happier! This year was supposed to be a youth movement, yet, they have are on the cusp of entering the playoffs with a win against the Packers! Does it get any better? Win and in against a divisional foe? I hope Peterson breaks 2000, and can only hope that he breaks Dickerson’s record. I will enjoy, with absolute certainty, this Sunday afternoon game, win or lose! SKOL VIKINGS!