Picking apart the wild-card picks

The good news is that I beat MDS in the regular-season picks contest by 11 games.  The bad news is that I can still get blowed blew blown out in the postseason edition of the series.

MDS joined PFT Live this week to review our picks for the wild-card games.  With only four games on the docket, we disagree on three of them.

Which means I’ll have a three-game lead by Sunday night.  Or not.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Permalink 37 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Green Bay Packers, Home, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Videos, Washington Redskins
37 Responses to “Picking apart the wild-card picks”
  1. delmonte55 says: Jan 5, 2013 1:08 PM

95% Chance

2. steelernationisthepinnacleofexistenceyouarenothing says: Jan 5, 2013 1:14 PM

6 rings.

3. pnut87 says: Jan 5, 2013 1:17 PM

I’m going out on a limb with a with a visitor’s sweep this weekend.

4. pakfan1982 says: Jan 5, 2013 1:29 PM

Home teams always have the advantage, fan base, and they know their fields all to well, The visitors are always the underdog and who doesn’t like an underdog? As far as I see it the playoffs are gonna be split between home teams and visitors… But when it comes down to it I route for one team regardless of if they are at home or away… This week my Greenbay Packers play the Minnesota Vikings, they have a storied history (The Packers are 54-49-1 record over a 50 year spread, while the Vikings are 49-54-1 record with only 1 playoff win against the Pack in that span) it should be a great game Packers 40-37

5. johnnytarr says: Jan 5, 2013 1:37 PM

Only 1 playoff win out of how many playoff games pakfan1982?

6. ravanator says: Jan 5, 2013 2:07 PM

Hate to say it but the visiting Colts are going to beat my Ravens this weekend. I will be crying in my mommy’s arms after the game

7. jjbadd385 says: Jan 5, 2013 2:19 PM

Im totally neutral as an AFC & Denver Bronco fan, but my heart tells me the Seahawks will win this one. I like that Washington has made it to the post season, but i think it will be a short trip this season, but what a vast improvement that will only get better next year…

8. broncosaddict says: Jan 5, 2013 2:22 PM

The bad news is that I can still get blowed blew blown….
    How is this ever bad news?

9. FinFan68 says: Jan 5, 2013 2:26 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Convenient for you to leave out the part about the Vikings winning the ONLY playoff game between them…at Lambeau Field.

10. raiderspride says: Jan 5, 2013 2:32 PM

johnnytarr says:Jan 5, 2013 1:37 PM

Only 1 playoff win out of how many playoff games pakfan1982?
    _________________________________

LOL Stat heathen shot dead in the town square.

11. bunjy96 says: Jan 5, 2013 2:46 PM

Only game I care about is the Seahawks/Skins.

As long as Carroll loses, don’t care about the score.

12. ravenator says: Jan 5, 2013 2:56 PM

ravanator says:
    Jan 5, 2013 2:07 PM

—————————–

You have serious issues child. I appreciate the notoriety though. Cheers!

13. ahostiletakeover says: Jan 5, 2013 3:07 PM

Bengals
    Packers
    Ravens
    Seahawks

Book it

14. avoidtheboyd says: Jan 5, 2013 3:08 PM

Texans- Redskins Super Bowl
    …not making a prediction, I just had a dream at the beginning of the season that this happened. So it’d be cool is all.

15. vikelover says: Jan 5, 2013 3:39 PM

steelernationisthepinnacleofexistenceyouarenothing says: Jan 5, 2013 1:14 PM

6 rings.

____

It’s looking more and more like the Vikings are America’s team. The Steelers got their rings in asterisked seasons. Minnesota is the new dynasty.

16. drstrangehawk says: Jan 5, 2013 3:48 PM

Ha Ha I love the trash talking about Seattle! What will Skins fans do when the Hawks win tomorrow…? Nothing, because they will all have committed suicide!

17. brucetrimble says: Jan 5, 2013 3:51 PM

Gotta love those steelers fans who make a point of reminding the others how many SB rings their team has even when they failed to make it to the playoffs this year. And really, after the way the refs blew so many calls in the game against the Seahawks, lets just call it five rings that the steelers actually earned.

18. Nofoolnodrool says: Jan 5, 2013 4:30 PM

You can whine about five or six rings all you want, but it won’t change a thing you sore loser..let it go…boohoo

19. drstrangehawk says: Jan 5, 2013 4:54 PM

No whining about the Steelers rings bro. That coming from a Hawks fan.
    But that was then… this now.
    Enjoy the playoffs from the comfort of your couch Frankenburger!
    Go Hawks!

20. frostymugobeer says: Jan 5, 2013 4:56 PM

it’s kinda fun seeing who will get the honor of getting whipped by the broncos.
    Manning is on a mission

21. Nofoolnodrool says: Jan 5, 2013 5:01 PM

My couch is very comfortable thank you and I will enjoy the puppies learning to become big dogs like us. Our big dogs don’t deserve to be playing this year not a big deal. Can’t be a big dog all the time Arf Arf…

22. drstrangehawk says: Jan 5, 2013 5:04 PM

Frostymugobeer… love the handle. Going out to have one (or more) of those in a few. It would be fun to have a rekindling of an old AFC West match up. Russel Wilson ties Peyton’s rookie TD record and goes on to beat him in the SB!
    Go Hawks!

23. brucetrimble says: Jan 5, 2013 5:22 PM

Not boo booing about the Seahawks SB loss as I’m not a fan of theirs. I am a broncos fan and an NFL follower who dislikes poor officiating in any level of the game. The sixth ring the steelers were awarded – not won – due to poor officiating is not something I would tout. It’s tainted whether you and steeler nation admit it or not.

24. drstrangehawk says: Jan 5, 2013 5:27 PM

Steelers are getting old. They won’t be relevant next year either.

25. musicman495 says: Jan 5, 2013 5:32 PM

So I guess it’s unanimous among the prognosticators – Seahawks over Redskins. I guess 7 straight wins does not matter. Too bad for Seahawks they actually have to play the game. Skins by 3.

26. drstrangehawk says: Jan 5, 2013 5:50 PM

Skins fans can keep talking. Remember their from the capitol of “All Talk, No Walk”.

27. oldirtyman says: Jan 5, 2013 5:53 PM

brucetrimble your comments are so funny. Losers like yourself like to blame losing on officiating instead of realizing your team wasn’t good enough to win that day

28. drstrangehawk says: Jan 5, 2013 6:10 PM

Well, we’ll see how you feel “oldirtyman” when your team goes to the SB and that game eclipses the “Worst officiated Super Bowl game in NFL history”. Not my words, John Madden’s.
    Oh and all of the bad calls go against your team.
    Will you be philosophical about it then?
    My money is on…NO!

29. Nofoolnodrool says: Jan 5, 2013 6:10 PM

Tainted is a word for jealous/envious losers…not everybody can win….sometimes you get the bear sometimes the bear gets you..deal with it.

30. Nofoolnodrool says: Jan 5, 2013 6:32 PM

John Madden hasn’t walked on water, has a game named for him , and has an opinion.So that makes his word the gospel?…not for me. He hasn’t liked the steelers since the immaculate deception(maddens excuse)…please enough.

31. drstrangehawk says: Jan 5, 2013 6:32 PM

The difference between Steelers fans and, oh, everyone else is…
    they’re poor sports even when they win.
    I never hear this kind of crap from Cowboys or Giants fans.
    We all know you have 6, do you think we all live in a cave?
    Nobody likes a braggart.
    And like I said, the Steelers are old and won’t be relevant for a long time.

32. goodellisruiningtheleague says: Jan 5, 2013 7:16 PM

Seattle has taken over this season as biggest bandwagon fans. I had never heard this many people rooting for Seattle until they beat Arizona and Buffalo. I find it hilarious.

33. Nofoolnodrool says: Jan 5, 2013 8:18 PM

drstrangehawk says:
    Jan 5, 2013 6:32 PM
    The difference between Steelers fans and, oh, everyone else is…
    they’re poor sports even when they win.
    I never hear this kind of crap from Cowboys or Giants fans.
    We all know you have 6, do you think we all live in a cave?
    Nobody likes a braggart.
    And like I said, the Steelers are old and won’t be relevant for a long time.

1 2 When you win you can boast that’s why it is so special and to deny that is a lying fool. When you whine and complain about the winners your just a tool….sorry you don’t win often..

34. rg3isvictory says: Jan 5, 2013 10:13 PM

drstrangehawk says:
    Jan 5, 2013 3:48 PM

=================================

If the Skins lose and I highly doubt that, we’ll head back to work with our chins up and our emotions in check b/c we have responsibilities. We are not a bunch of ex-hippy, hipsters with patchy beards working in coffee shops, wearing our girlfriends jeans while expressing our sad feeling to anybody that would listen. Seattle needs this more than the DMV but RG3 isn’t all about charity!!!

35. flavordave says: Jan 6, 2013 11:46 AM

Pack, Texans, Ravens and Seahawks move on.

36. drstrangehawk says: Jan 6, 2013 12:22 PM

Nofooldrool. The Steelers lost and are out of the playoffs… whats to boast about? Stop living in the past.

37. drstrangehawk says: Jan 6, 2013 12:49 PM

rg3isvictory…
    you’ve been watching to much Portlandia.