Greenway lands in second Pro Bowl

AP

The Vikings’ unlikely turnaround from 3-13 to 10-6 has resulted in another opportunity for a player to swap a week of wintry Minnesota for sunny Honolulu.

Linebacker Chad Greenway will get his second trip to the Pro Bowl, replacing Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware.

Greenway finished second in the NFL in tackles with 148, and he has led the Vikings in tackles for five straight seasons.  He had 14 tackles in Saturday night’s playoff loss to the Packers.

Greenway joins Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, defensive end Jared Allen, fullback Jerome Felton, and kicker Blair Walsh in this year’s edition of the game.

38 responses to “Greenway lands in second Pro Bowl

1. Great to see. I don’t think people know how good this guy is. He isn’t the splashy type of player like Clay matthews, but he doesn’t make many mistakes or miss tackles.

2. Good for him, and the Vikings. Definitely would’ve been one of the bigger pro bowl snubs this year. He’s been one of the most consistent players in the league and was an anchor on a very young and relatively inexperienced defense. I’m really looking forward to next season. Skoooool!

3. I know tackles arent technically a real stat, but Greenway was all over the field today, 140+ tackes is evidence. I am a Bears guy, but he was awesome to watch.

4. Ponder This says: Jan 10, 2013 6:27 PM

Remind me again how many Packers made the Pro Bowl? And now how many made it legitimately?
    ————————————————————-

Counting Pro Bowlers right after getting a playoff beatdown from the team you’re trying to taunt has to be the worst attempt at smack talk ever.

5. Congrats to him. Too bad in the Pro Bowl he can’t showcase his tackling skills since tackling is against Pro Bowl rules.

FYI- Clay is better at sacks and has nicer hair. Chad is better at reading defenses and making consistent plays. Both are really good.

6. He was on a poor defense that couldn’t get off the field. He had lots of opportunities for tackles.

That does not make him a Pro Bowl type player.

If he played defense better he would have fewer tackles.

7. That picture is after he performed his trademark “head first” tackle on calvin johnson. He constantly leads with his head and causes made damage. If it was 10 years earlier he would be a fun player to watch but in todays NFL he needs to tackle with better form. And that pose waas for the cameras, if you saw the hit live you would swear it was intentional.

8. Ponder This says:Jan 10, 2013 6:27 PM

………………………………………………………………………

Remind me again how many Superbowl trophies the Vikings have? Oh, I keep forgetting about all those Division championships.

9. rca26 says:Jan 10, 2013 7:53 PM

Ponder This says: Jan 10, 2013 6:27 PM

————————————————————-

_______

Congratulations on beating Joe Webb. The Vikings won the last legitimate game played between the two teams.

10. Ponder This says:Jan 10, 2013 11:14 PM

rca26 says:Jan 10, 2013 7:53 PM

Ponder This says: Jan 10, 2013 6:27 PM

————————————————————-

_______

………………………………………………………………….
    Are you on drugs ?
    Last legittmate game was won by Vikings…
    Hey Pal , the Packers beat your pants off in a playoff game….THAT IS A LEGIT GAME IN MOST EYES…OMG where do they grow minds like yours…..Your team is a pathetic example of a pro football team…what have you ever won. Remember the objective is win ning Championships

11. The Vikings wear purple uniforms and play football indoors.
    they have won zero titles , and have no QB
    BUT they do have AP…..I guess that ll carry you thru knowing you ve won zero titles

12. I’m glad for Greenway! But theres about four positions of need for the Vikes, Would love to get Jennings in free agency! Keep Harvin! And get a brilliant nose tackle (ala Pat williams) Another Db would’nt be a bad idea! Then from there a guard, Or line backer. But Fraizer and Spielman seam to have pretty good grasp on team needs or want’s. I have to commend Spielman for the great drafts he’s had! I just hope thier a little wiser with free agent signings!! GO VIKES !!!!

13. @PonderThis Remind me how many Vikings players are somewhere on a beach right now because of the complete BEATDOWN they got from the Packers? How about reminding us all who won the division again? Or how about reminding us all how many SB trophies y’all have? Your team is irrelevant, accept it.

14. Ponder This says:
    Jan 10, 2013 6:27 PM
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Who cares, or better said, who cares about this game? You’ve already pointed out that the selection process is a joke. Not all players selected deserve to be there and your team is no different. I hope I never have to be satisfied with the number of ProBowl selectees my team has instead of the number of SuperBowl victories. But then, I’ll never be a Viking fan.

15. @Ponder This

FYI, Something is “ironic” if the result is the opposite of what was intended; an ironic event is an incongruous event, one at odds with what might have been expected. Thought that might help ya.

16. Lot of Packer fans feeling nervous because their team is getting passed up by their biggest rival. They’ll be able to spend the whole offseason bragging about that beatdown they put on Joe Webb.

17. tombradysponytail says:Jan 11, 2013 12:44 PM

@ponder this.

Really? Are you sure you’re not a Packer masquerading as a Viking fan so you can make Viking fans look bad? Because you’re being ridiculous.
    _____

You would know all about that, wouldn’t you? Big AFC East guy, right?

18. Ponder This says:
    Jan 10, 2013 6:27 PM

——————–

Ahh yes, the Pro Bowl, the Vikings last and only bastion of relevancy.

19. Why do Vikings fans think it makes sense to talk trash to fans of a clearly better team? I’ll never understand the logic.

20. Ponder This says:
    Jan 11, 2013 12:19 PM

—-

The bears are passing the packers?

I don’t see it.