Tim Tebow has no regrets about joining Jets

Tim Tebow AP

When Tim Tebow was traded to the Jets from the Broncos before the 2012 season, Broncos exec John Elway said that Tebow was involved in the process that sent him to New York rather than Jacksonville.

Unless Tebow hoped to be used as a symbol for larger Jets dysfunction, it’s fair to say that Tebow didn’t achieve whatever it was he hoped to achieve with the team. Tebow hasn’t said much about his experience since the end of the season, but he did say he wouldn’t do things any differently during an appearance on the Fox Business Channel.

“I don’t have any regrets,” Tebow said, via the Newark Star-Ledger. “I believe everything happens for a reason. I don’t know what my future holds, but I know who holds my future and in that there is a lot of peace and a lot of comfort.”

We’re guessing that Tebow isn’t talking about Jaguars owner Shad Khan, despite the rumors of Jacksonville’s sustained interest in adding the hometown boy to the lineup. Tebow didn’t talk at all about where he might play next season, an issue that isn’t likely to be sorted out for a couple of months at least although it seems like a safe assumption that he won’t be back for a second season with the Jets given the way this season played out.

Permalink 22 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill
22 Responses to “Tim Tebow has no regrets about joining Jets”
  1. tombradysbaby says: Jan 10, 2013 10:06 AM

Tebow has $6.275 million reasons not to have any regrets. He might not be a great QB, but he is no idiot.

2. themanchine says: Jan 10, 2013 10:09 AM

Tebow & a pick for MJD. (Tebow would be the RB in Jax)

3. onearmsteven says: Jan 10, 2013 10:10 AM

how could he have any regret? he was traded.

4. hfspodcast says: Jan 10, 2013 10:10 AM

At the end of the season Rex was in a no win situation regarding starting Tebow. IF (and this is a huge IF) Tebow had started instead of McElroy and won some games to close out the season then there would be constant second guessing about why the change wasn’t made in week 8 or 9.
    So Rex did the only thing he could do, not start Tebow, start McElroy and then leave himself an out at the end of the season.
    Seems to have worked as well. He still has a job doesnt he?

5. fwippel says: Jan 10, 2013 10:16 AM

Talk about putting your best foot forward. Maybe it’s the Jets who have the regrets. They made themselves look foolish by trading for a backup QB whose purpose in their minds wasn’t to play football, but sell Jets jerseys.

Meanwhile their starting QB suffered a season-long meltdown, and the Jets let a guy who started last year and actually led the Broncos to some wins sit on the bench and languish.

6. wojowbk says: Jan 10, 2013 10:26 AM

As soon as I saw the headline and before I read the article I already knew I’d be seeing the same ol’ “everything happens for a reason” rhetoric from Tebow.

7. bigshirk says: Jan 10, 2013 10:29 AM

How could he have any regret? Because he got to choose between the Jets and Jags.

8. esorscher says: Jan 10, 2013 10:37 AM

Dude is getting paid millions to sit down while most of us are doing it for free… what’s to regret?

9. seabreezes51 says: Jan 10, 2013 10:52 AM

So what if they started Tebow and he delivered? Isn’t that what they expected from him?
    To play a part in winning football games….

10. torturedraiderfan says: Jan 10, 2013 11:19 AM

I didn’t like Tebow before the season, but he’s been one of the few Jet players that doesn’t come across like a douche bag. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere where he can play. My suggestion is that he head up to Canada and play up there, like Doug Flutie.

11. ihateravens says: Jan 10, 2013 11:20 AM

After the Ravens get drilled back to the 20th century this week because of their average QB it might be Tebow time in Baltimore!

12. nodindenver says: Jan 10, 2013 11:28 AM

Why would he; he was busy promoting himself, took few hits this year, and is excited to be heading to the CFL next year! Elway and Fox had to have laughed all night when he picked New York over J’ville.

13. randomguy9999 says: Jan 10, 2013 11:45 AM

some guy in the Jets office said: ‘we gotta have Tebow even though it costs millions’

Tebow is another in the long line of QB’s that played good in college a couple of years and couldn’t transition into a NFL passer, then a foolish team tried to design themselves around a running QB, then they were gone

they gotta stop scrambling and become franchise pocket passers or they become irrelevant…. every time

14. ccjcsr says: Jan 10, 2013 11:49 AM

Never smack the hands that feed you!

15. crappygovernment says: Jan 10, 2013 11:51 AM

Tebow still has more playoff wins than RG III and Andrew Luck! Last week’s games stunk. The NFL needs him!

16. zerole00 says: Jan 10, 2013 11:59 AM

Who would have regrets with getting paid 6+ million to sit on the bench? Sure, everything around you was burning, but that wasn’t his fault.

I rolled my eyes at his subtle God reference though.

17. amlowlife says: Jan 10, 2013 12:18 PM

“Play in Canada”? Oh, lordy, now that would be interesting. With a wider field and only 3 downs there’s more of an emphasis on passing. Tebow wouldn’t have a chance. At least Flutie could throw.

No regrets? I don’t think Elway has any, either, so I guess it worked out well for both sides…

18. thebigtim2012 says: Jan 10, 2013 12:25 PM

Enough with the cfl talk clearly u guys haven’t watched the cfl the are more pass happy then the nfl tebow would be terrible up there. If he would just give it up and become a full time fullback or rb he could be great

19. xx4zu1 says: Jan 10, 2013 12:28 PM

I don’t know what my future holds, but I know who holds my future and in that there is a lot of peace and a lot of comfort……………unless he is talking about himself then their is no hope that Tebow will ever evolve into an NFL quality starter. I doubt God cares if he is a starter in the NFL.

20. fruitcovejag says: Jan 10, 2013 1:20 PM

I agree hfspodcast. Rex wouldn’t have played Tebow at the end of the season. Had Tebow played well, Rex would have been second guessed and blamed for not playing him sooner. Tannenbaum would have said we should have made the switch earlier! My theory is Tebow would have played more had Sanchez not played so terribly week after week. Rex didn’t want to further erode Marks confidence, always hoping Mark could turn it around. Absolutely nothing to gain and everything (his job) to lose by playing Tebow late in the season. Rex isn’t stupid, just full of hot air.

21. malvaren18 says: Jan 10, 2013 4:37 PM

I can’t believe people are still talking about this guy, his done nothing.

22. omniusprime says: Jan 11, 2013 9:28 AM

Yeah Tiny Tim Teblow certainly can’t have any regrets getting paid millions to do nothing but sit on his lazy ignorant fanny. It’s worthless scum like Tiny Tim who ruin the reputation of pro sports athletes. It’s sad that so many morons seem to like this natural born loser.

If Tiny Tim wants to play and start he’d better head over to the Lingerie League, I hear they’re getting new uniforms. Maybe he’ll even learn how to play with girls, something the bible didn’t teach him.