Jim Harbaugh says the 49ers had a perfect Wednesday practice

49ers running back Gore talks with his head coach Harbaugh during practice for the Super Bowl in New Orleans Reuters

San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh says practices don’t get better than the one the 49ers had on Wednesday.

Asked at his press conference on Thursday morning what he’s hoping to see at Thursday practice, Harbaugh said he’d like a practice just like the 95-minute session that the 49ers had at the Saints’ indoor facility in Metairie, Louisiana, on Wednesday.

“I would really like to have a photocopy of yesterday,” Harbaugh said. “That’s what I would like to have today. The execution at practice, the energy at practice, a photocopy — a mimeograph — of what we had yesterday, that would be outstanding.”

Harbaugh made a specific point of singling out the scout team and the practice squad players for simulating what the Ravens do to prepare the 49ers. Harbaugh certainly sounds like he thinks his team is ready.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Top Stories
8 Responses to “Jim Harbaugh says the 49ers had a perfect Wednesday practice”
  1. antirl says: Jan 31, 2013 9:25 AM

Jim Harbaugh is straight beast mode.

That’s coming from a Chiefs fan.

2. bryans49ers says: Jan 31, 2013 9:26 AM

We are going to win Vince Lombardi #6!

3. bharr170 says: Jan 31, 2013 9:26 AM

Sure is nice to hear these guys talk about football, and not politics or preferences.

4. gonavybeatarmy says: Jan 31, 2013 9:45 AM

Jim Harbaugh is one of the top 3 or 4 minds in the NFL.

5. hor2012 says: Jan 31, 2013 10:41 AM

Alright, I’m ready for the game. There’s never been a Superbowl I haven’t look forward to seeing. From the pregame on. Those fans who’s teams have never been to a Superbowl I really hope that changes for you soon. The year the Saints played in the game was exciting. Now, I’ve tossed and turned over who I think is going to win this game. And, I have no idea. I believe the winner of the game will be the teams DT that play the best. It’s going to be real big for one team or the other to be able to stop the inside run. Who ever wins the A,B gap battle will win this game.
    My pick and it will change ten time between now and kickoff niner’s 21, ravens17

6. buffalohogan says: Jan 31, 2013 10:41 AM

Bill Bellichek confirmed, great practice.

7. heyguru1969 says: Jan 31, 2013 10:50 AM

He was doing well with the photocopy reference, but I wonder how many guys on his team even know the word “mimeograph” or how to use it in a sentence. Showin’ your age there, Jimmy boy! Still he’s got to be confident on both sides of the ball and Sunday can’t get here fast enough.

8. 40boys says: Jan 31, 2013 10:58 AM