Sapp, Strahan exchange more pleasantries, with an Ochocinco cameo

ochocincox-large AP

When former Giants defensive end, future Hall of Famer, and “media darling” Michael Strahan called out former Bucs and Raiders defensive tackle, new Hall of Famer, and media “menace” Warren Sapp on Twitter for Sapp’s recent radio comments, we hoped Sapp would respond.

We also hoped the response would be a little more biting.

Initially, Sapp said “we stop competing 5+years ago #AllTheBest.”

Said Strahan:  “I only competed against myself.  Don’t let people make you get at me to justify your HOF selection. Enjoy it because u earned it.”

At some point, Sapp apparently said to Strahan, “You got my #!”

To which Strahan replied, “You have my # too. I’m a grown man and handle myself like one. Respect me and I respect you!

It only got good when a guy who doesn’t handle himself like a grown man, will never be in the Hall of Fame without a ticket, but who at least has a self-made Hall of Fame blazer chimed in.

Both of u mothaf–kas are the sh-t no matter what, Hall of Fame or not what you’ve done is set in stone,” said former NFL receiver Chad Johnson f/k/a Ochocinco f/k/a Johnson.

So, to summarize, Sapp used to compete against Strahan, Strahan competed against no one, Strahan has Sapp’s phone number, Sapp has Strahan’s phone number, and Johnson thinks both of those “mothaf–kas are the sh-t.”

Permalink 37 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
37 Responses to “Sapp, Strahan exchange more pleasantries, with an Ochocinco cameo”
  1. nwfisch says: Feb 8, 2013 11:50 AM

Drew Brees is satisfied with this explanation.

2. nyfinest314 says: Feb 8, 2013 11:52 AM

Has anyone ever heard of a player who was recently inducted to the HOF take another shot another player… I must say, Sapp, should just shut the F*ck and be happy is in.SMH

3. rpiotr01 says: Feb 8, 2013 11:54 AM

nwfisch says:Feb 8, 2013 11:50 AM

Drew Brees is satisfied with this explanation.

——————————————————

But Tiki Barber is flabbergasted by it.

4. mjkelly77 says: Feb 8, 2013 11:54 AM

Only one of the three will not end up declaring bankruptcy. It’s pretty evident.

5. raidersmojo says: Feb 8, 2013 11:55 AM

“Drew Brees is satisfied with this explanation.”

—————————————————————

This is getting really old.

On a side note. I hope Sapp decides to let Ochocinco introduce him into the hall of fame. The speech would be rather interesting.

6. denverwally says: Feb 8, 2013 11:59 AM

If Warren Sapp were to show some class, it would be the first time in his life.

7. blacknole08 says: Feb 8, 2013 12:00 PM

Seriously these guys just couldn’t have this convo over the phone?

Twitter is turning these athletes into women.

8. spookinjack says: Feb 8, 2013 12:01 PM

Stra certainly didn’t compete against Favre.

9. pooflingingmonkey says: Feb 8, 2013 12:05 PM

Translation:

Sapp: I’m good!
    Strahan: So am I!
    OchoCinco: I’m still relevant!

10. Stiller43 says: Feb 8, 2013 12:07 PM

If youre a grown man, you dont “tweet.”

11. cmonelisha says: Feb 8, 2013 12:13 PM

idk i didnt hear sapps comments so idk if they came out as disrespectful or just a joke bec just by reading them i cant see anything wrong w him callin strahan good morning america or media darling lol sapp threw jabs at himself too.. i think it was all fun strahan took wrong but if i was mike id be mad to i didnt make HOF he got robbed!!!!!

that said i love the internet sometimes its hilarious..esp the new pics of beyonce LOL the one with chris tucker in fridays hilarious

12. 3fingerlenny says: Feb 8, 2013 12:13 PM

Did strahan come out of the closet yet? Not that there is anything wrong with that

13. blitzinc43 says: Feb 8, 2013 12:25 PM

Sapp tries to hard to be Chris Mortensen

14. logica1voicesays says: Feb 8, 2013 12:25 PM

Warren Sapp is an ape.

15. kev86 says: Feb 8, 2013 12:29 PM

Giants Stadium will erupt when Strahan is announced next year.

16. moagecu says: Feb 8, 2013 12:36 PM

Last paragraph had me laughing hard for no good reason.

17. buddysguys says: Feb 8, 2013 12:37 PM

because grown men handle their beef on Twitter??? You are both little girls act like adults and stop fighting over the internet like a couple of 12 year old school girls.

if i had their numbers i would call and say that too….maybe not so much to their face…

18. clownsfan says: Feb 8, 2013 12:39 PM

Does Taco Bell know OchoCinco is Tweeting on their dime?

19. jwilliamsspf says: Feb 8, 2013 12:39 PM

Groundbreaking journalism…

20. djcologne says: Feb 8, 2013 12:41 PM

Strahan = Classy
    Sapp = Klassy
    Ocho = Clown

21. whynotusecommonsense says: Feb 8, 2013 12:42 PM

Seems to me like Strahan is a little more insecure about not being selected than he’d like to admit. Sapp’s comments were pretty accurate and weren’t intended as a shot at Strahan.

No need for Strahan to even respond unless he’s feeling a little slighted by the HOF.

22. doe22us says: Feb 8, 2013 12:46 PM

Little girls going at it on twitter, love it, not. I teach and i see this amongst my students all the time, cant believe these grown a$$ men are resorting to this petty ness ridiculous. A lot of these players have the mental capacity of a three year old, sad really.

23. larrydavid7000 says: Feb 8, 2013 12:52 PM

OK sapp is no John Randall and Strahan is no Dexter Mannley. So these two a hole shut the F up.

24. magnuminsp says: Feb 8, 2013 12:59 PM

Welcome to the first week of the off-season…………..

25. chi01town says: Feb 8, 2013 1:03 PM

Great Football players both Sapp and Stray. theres no reason for them to be upset Stray will get in the HOF just like Sapp did. I feel somebody elses hands on this and they should too.

26. jpb12 says: Feb 8, 2013 1:36 PM

Hookers got Sapp’s # too… and his SB ring.
    #Bankrupt (financially and morally)

27. scrp2 says: Feb 8, 2013 1:42 PM

It would be cool if he got Kelly Ripa to do his introduction.

28. razorbyrd says: Feb 8, 2013 1:44 PM

just three loudmouths hoping to keep their names relevant… maybe Sapp will sign on with Kathy Lee and he can compete with Strahan for daytime ratings…

29. JackAcid says: Feb 8, 2013 2:12 PM

This type of post is exactly why the offseason sucks. Because non-news is suddenly news.

30. riccismiles says: Feb 8, 2013 2:17 PM

CRAP! Now why didnt one of these guys at least drop the “shut up, your wife looks like she tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios” line!!

31. Raider-in-PA says: Feb 8, 2013 3:40 PM

Good stuff, Florio!!

32. raiderapologist says: Feb 8, 2013 3:50 PM

Nothing beats a twitter pillow fight.

33. kev86 says: Feb 8, 2013 8:41 PM

I’m glad Strahan was a Giant and Sapp was a Buc/raider. Says a lot.

34. purplepunisher says: Feb 8, 2013 11:15 PM

LMAO this was the best. Love the fitst coment about Brees!

35. chi01town says: Feb 9, 2013 8:27 AM

Everybody on this thread seems to want to jump on Sapp and he is the
    one that just went to the HOF. There’s a reason for that. HE DESERVE IT. and thanks Sapp for cutting Chad Cliffton in half. Always good to takeout a packer

36. blu4l1fe says: Feb 11, 2013 12:29 PM

I really do not know nor will claim to know what exactly was said, but at the same time, I don’t understand why Sapp felt he needed to mention Strahan other than they were in the same HOF candidate class?

And, there must be a reason why he mentioned and, ultimately, said something negative about Stahan.

As a Giants fan, I loved what Strahan did for Big Blue while he wore the uniform and at the same time, have respect for Sapp as a player. But I personally don’t think both have the talent to be in TV, NFL related or otherwise.

This may just be a case of “Mr. Irrelevant’s” at this point trying to get whatever exposure they can get. Because, and granted both are still NFL commentators, I really have not heard much about Sapp until I came across this article.

Grow up guys!!!

37. justiceborn says: Feb 16, 2013 2:43 AM

This twitter thing is the beginning stages of being emasculated men hurling insults through txt messages tweetle D and Tweetle dumb this whole story is hoe hum good morning america yeah that’s a fair assesmant of Strahan big O’le country buck dancer. You can argue that Sapp was an inovator at the position who can’t be reproduced multidementional player. I appreciate Strays game but he’s going to have wait to receive his tickets to the big dance for now settle for broadway tell kelly I said Hi is she due again?