Richard Sherman hits back at Darrelle Revis: What has he done?

Seattle Seahawks v Buffalo Bills Getty Images

The war of words between the NFL’s two best cornerbacks continues.

A day after Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis ripped Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman for running his mouth, Sherman appeared on NFL AM and said Revis needs to show him more respect.

“He came off disrespectful, so words need to be said,” Sherman said. “Apparently, he is going to disrespect my game. I don’t know what he has done – stats wise – to earn the right to talk down to people. He has never had more than six [interceptions] in a season so let’s quiet down.”

It is true that Sherman had eight interceptions last season and Revis has never had more than six, but some would argue that Revis gets fewer interceptions because quarterbacks usually stay away from him. Sherman, however, says that’s not the case.

“If you really check the stats, there is nobody that quarterbacks don’t throw at . . . they have thrown at you, you just haven’t picked the ball off,” Sherman said of Revis.

After Revis said Sherman runs his mouth like a girl, Sherman responded in kind.

“I am not going to let no dude talk like a little girl and just walk freely,” Sherman said. “I am going to quiet him down the best way I know how. . . . It is about respect. You are not going to let a guy run his mouth, I am not that kind of person [to] let a guy say bold statements and let them ride. It is not who I am and who I am not going to be.”

This little war of words has been an amusing diversion during a slow time in the NFL year. Even though Sherman and Revis really should stop using “girl” as an insult.

Permalink 197 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Top Stories
197 Responses to “Richard Sherman hits back at Darrelle Revis: What has he done?”
  1. tommysaint1 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:39 PM

I kind of wish both of you would shut up.

Why does awesome talent have to be ruined by petty minds?

2. cosanostra71 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:39 PM

Richard Sherman is an idiot.

3. ajb3313 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:41 PM

It’s probably a bit unfair given Revis is three years older and coming off a major injury, but I’d take Sherman over Revis any day.

4. barrywhererufrom says: Feb 21, 2013 3:41 PM

let’s put the steroid head sherman on the trade block and see what he would get in return. I doubt his value would be as close as Revis’s. Now both you go away with this little school girl arguement!

5. duster1982 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:42 PM

and these are supposed to be role models…

Grown men acting this way. Embarrassing.

6. josephgattuso says: Feb 21, 2013 3:43 PM

As a Ravens fan, I give an edge to Sherman. When the Ravens last played the Jets, in Torrey Smith’s second start, Torrey burnt Revis three times, but each time Revis flat-out reached out and grabbed Smith and didn’t get flagged. When the Ravens played the Seahawks that year, Sherman completely shut down Boldin and Smith, whoever he was on each play.

7. nspatriot says: Feb 21, 2013 3:44 PM

What a windbag. Ya mad bro ?

8. truthfactory says: Feb 21, 2013 3:44 PM

Grown men bickering like middle school girls. I cant believe my fandom essentially is part of the reason these morons become millionaires.

9. nyyjetsknicks says: Feb 21, 2013 3:45 PM

I remember “fights” like this when I was taking the bus to school in 5th grade.

10. justintuckrule says: Feb 21, 2013 3:45 PM

I’m actually shocked that Revis had 6 ints. Teams are usually milking the clock on the Jets as soon as they take a 1st Q lead. Lord knows nobody needs to keep pace with Mark Sanchez.

11. crazycane says: Feb 21, 2013 3:46 PM

2 best? Sherman is one but at this point I would take Tillman over Revis.

12. randyschwimmer7 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:46 PM

I have tried to watch a lot of tape of Revis and I see where he gets beat more often than not. He also gets away with A LOT of contact past five yards, holding, and clear PI. The only reason so many people think he is great because the media LOVES Rex Ryan and Rex pumped Revis’s ego up so big his head doesn’t even fit into a HumV

13. coltzfan166 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:47 PM

Revis is speechless.

14. wte1 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:47 PM

The more Sherman talks the more respect I have for Darrelle.

Revis has been pompous but he hasn’t been the pompous idiot that Sherman has become.

15. Brad Smith says: Feb 21, 2013 3:47 PM

Cornerbacks are agressive NFL players. They play in space… many don’t require help. There’s a certain bravado to playing the position highly. Many of you have never played so you don’t understand the verbal jousting.

16. devildog911 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:47 PM

Sherman…Sheman

Same thing.

17. novanation33 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:48 PM

If Revis comes back 100% this isn’t a debate. He was the best corner in the league by a WIDE margin. He shut down a prime Randy Moss, Megatron, Andre, etc. Every great WR put there. Held Megatron to 1/13. Last time I saw Sherman he was getting toasted by Roddy White. Dude needs to shut his mouth.

18. tremoluxman says: Feb 21, 2013 3:48 PM

Shut up and play, Ladies.

19. reed20fence says: Feb 21, 2013 3:48 PM

I personally think Revis should apologize…. to girls.

How can you compare them to this clown?

20. jibzek says: Feb 21, 2013 3:48 PM

Nobody throws at Revis because he locks down half the field and allows the Jets to blitz and be aggressive.

Sherman just sounds like an idiot.

21. yungbull2012 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:48 PM

This guy is extremely annoying and doesn’t get it…look at Nmandi in his prime, stats dont tell the whole story. You’d think a professional athlete would know that.

22. rbanks51 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:49 PM

23. virusgvr says: Feb 21, 2013 3:49 PM

I’m taking Sherman at -140 anyone want action on that???

24. macdaddyspeed says: Feb 21, 2013 3:49 PM

Sherman and Revis are playing ALL of you. And you are getting sucked right in.

25. rpiotr01 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:49 PM

I don’t see much point in arguing about INT stats. They come and they go. O

verall I think Sherman’s game is based more on pushing physical boundaries and thus relies more on a light hand from officials than from his pure skill. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a very good player, but he reminds me a ton of Al Harris – if the refs let him throw you around, he would, so he looked great. Al never had Sherman’s ball skills, though.

To me Revis is just a better cover corner. He can play zone, he can play man, he’s a physical tackler as well. Complete player. The Jets overpaid him and he’s looking for too much money again, and he’s always been a money-first guy. He’s also had some bad luck with injuries, and I don’t know if he’s still a guy on the upswing – he may be heading the other way.

Geez, both great players, who cares. If I had to pick, I’d say I’d much rather see a piano fall on Sherman’s head just to shut him up.

26. snoqualmieterry says: Feb 21, 2013 3:50 PM

Revis is a cry baby. He held out his second year because he felt he was worth more then he agreed to in his contract he signed. I have no respect for somebody who doesn’t live up to a signed contract. I think Sherman should do his talking on the field, but so does cry baby Revis. Revis shouldn’t call Sherman a girl. Grow up Revis.

27. whatnojets says: Feb 21, 2013 3:50 PM

He must have majored in ENGLISH at Stanford!

28. packerpride03 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:50 PM

They need to do a celebrity mma fight!

29. lionsdraftguy says: Feb 21, 2013 3:50 PM

@cosanostra71

Yes he is. A big idiot.

Id take Revis ANY DAY over Sherman.

30. mrgroovesd says: Feb 21, 2013 3:51 PM

This is turning into a rap type battle…kinda stupid but I do have to admit, Revis’ response is good.

31. dsquid2012 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:51 PM

Review the tweet logs. Asked who the top 2 were (after himself) Sherman said Revis would be included after returning from his injury. Then Revis went off. Revis started it.

Sherman is no idiot. Far from it. Those who think so are being played.

32. 49faithful says: Feb 21, 2013 3:51 PM

Revis has never got cheating either but never mind that right Sherman…

33. slizzyslizz says: Feb 21, 2013 3:52 PM

DeAngelo Hall also has good stats! Mr. Sherman.

It’s because qb’s choose to throw at you…

34. dolfan220 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:53 PM

Why does awesome talent have to be ruined by petty minds?

…just because they are good at one thing… they are full of themselves

35. thejohnsmith1122 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:53 PM

I really wish Sherman has a bad year next season…and the next. He needs to just let his play talk instead of his mouth.

36. explosionsauce says: Feb 21, 2013 3:53 PM

“I am not going to let no dude talk like a little girl and just walk freely,”

Pretty sure that was Revis’ criticism of you Sherman

37. stigman2012 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:54 PM

Cornerback–the defensive equivalent of the diva wide receiver.

38. tcmiller30 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:55 PM

Is there anything to like about Sherman? Just play the game and stop talking. You’re proving to the world you’re an ass.

39. benroethlisberger7 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:57 PM

That was difficult to read.

40. warewolf94 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:57 PM

Darrell Revis has held Megatron to 1 catch, for 9 yards. Richard Sherman got burnt for 2 long TDs by Titus Young, who’s no longer in the NFL. Sherman isn’t on Revis’s level yet

41. rgwheeee says: Feb 21, 2013 3:58 PM

Not even close. Revis Island reigns supreme. This was Sherman’s break out year; one more year of tape and the offenses will catch up. He relies too much on physicality, stays on one side of the field, Revis was given the best receiver every game and most of the time the QBs didn’t even bother throwing it his way. As Pro Football Focus summed up, “This year saw Sherman make this a legitimate argument, but he still has a way to go if he is to reach the peaks that Revis has in his NFL career.” CASE CLOSED.

42. bbrophy1 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:58 PM

and Deion Sanders never had more than 7 interceptions in a season so Sherman is clearly the best of the 3. Oh wait, Tim Jennings had 9 interceptions for the Bears last year and arguably wasn’t even the best cornerback on his team….

43. warewolf94 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:58 PM

Twitter makes the offseason bearable, it really does

44. ilovefoolsball says: Feb 21, 2013 3:58 PM

“It is not who I am and who I am not going to be.”

A double negative at the end of the sentence implies it is who you are going to be.

45. JackAcid says: Feb 21, 2013 3:59 PM

Sherman ripping someone for being disrespectful? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

46. goods65 says: Feb 21, 2013 3:59 PM

revis,you mad bro?!!!

47. buddysguys says: Feb 21, 2013 3:59 PM

they both are overrated……

48. vincentvega513 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:00 PM

After school by the playground, its going down.

49. nagaswan says: Feb 21, 2013 4:00 PM

Cornerbacks are the worst people

50. jbl429 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:00 PM

I immediately went to check and see if Seattle and the Jets play next season. Unfortunately they don’t. And that’s unfortunate. Not that they’d be on the same field at the same time or anything, but it would have been great just to see some face-to-face interaction between them.

51. acer007 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:00 PM

Darrelle Revis is an absloute idiot!!!!
    Shut your mouth old man.

52. wethog66 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:00 PM

You want respect, Sherman? Try learning to speak well english first. Speaking like you are a Jersey Shore reject doesn’t help.

53. burnzy32 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:00 PM

Im a LIONS fan, and Sherman to me, is like Suh to a lot of you, I HATE all the Sherman headlines, But i’d take him on my team in a heartbeat, as you all would take Suh….

54. myosin10 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:01 PM

I never understood the media attention Revis gets. Is he really the best CB in the NFL? He sure isn’t close to Deion. Maybe he is the best in the NFL but that just means we don’t have any Elite CBs right now. I have watched his games and dude doesn’t impress me. Sherman has being doing good but the other Seahawks CB is just as good, Browner. Tillman is up there and I think Carlos Rogers is too. Maybe with all the rule changes we won’t have a real Elite CB for a while.

55. freepretzels says: Feb 21, 2013 4:01 PM

Don’t know if that’s the arguement he wants to do with.

56. 808raiderinparadise says: Feb 21, 2013 4:02 PM

Easy Shermen….

Revis plays for Rex Ryan … so don’t question what he has done, they are defneding their 4th Superbowl Championship this season.

57. zimaman says: Feb 21, 2013 4:02 PM

Richard you were not anyone until you started roiding up

58. mianfr says: Feb 21, 2013 4:02 PM

I can only imagine what the other people in his classes at Stanford must have thought about him.

59. Pat says: Feb 21, 2013 4:03 PM

Revis was actually targeted the most times in the NFL by like two years ago. That is because Ryan schemed his defense to make QB’s have to throw to their hot reads in which Revis was in coverage because he is so superior.

and the more Sherman talks, the more I am baffled he went to Stanford.

60. aheezybaby says: Feb 21, 2013 4:04 PM

imagine how good revis would be if he juiced

61. zerole00 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:04 PM

I probably would have gone with “Dude you play for the Jets” and called it a day.

62. mf7krime says: Feb 21, 2013 4:04 PM

I will say as a neutral observer, Sherman is classless on the football field, so my instincts tell me to side with Revis.

63. kane337 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:05 PM

Those PED’s have taken their toll on his brain.

64. jack3dsd says: Feb 21, 2013 4:05 PM

at least Sherman doesnt hold out every year and doesnt get losers limp when he does get beat

65. rtant2013 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:06 PM

Sherman your teammates don’t even respect you, I think that was pretty evident when T Williams hit you and none of your teammates came to your aid. You have had one good year, that doesn’t earn you respect, the way you carry yourself however does, and the way you carry yourself, no one is going to respect you. Revis owns you, he’s the only guy I have ever seen hold Megatron to 1 catch for 9 yds. You get burnt or throw guys to the ground. That’s doesn’t make you a good corner.

66. btowngetsdown says: Feb 21, 2013 4:06 PM

Sherman only had 6 interceptions in his entire college career. Would he say that he wasn’t very good in college then? (Scouts may — 5th round — Boom!!)

67. deltaoracle says: Feb 21, 2013 4:06 PM

And Seattle fans continue to be perplexed as to why their team has become one of the most disliked groups in the NFL…

68. thesportsguy52 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:07 PM

Ladarius Webb is better than both! (Just kidding, I am joking and poking fun at my own biased Baltimore opinions. Haha) Or am I….

69. mdpgc says: Feb 21, 2013 4:08 PM

Hey Mr. Sherman, before this year you never had more than 4 INTs so what your point. And Talking on twitter is not disrepectful, but is disrespectful for a player (Trent Williams) to tell you to Shut Your Mouth and then smooch you ! Now Thats Dispectful

70. lleesman725 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:08 PM

This guy has been good for one year. He should just shut up and play. But he won’t. Now I’m hoping this was a fluke year and he ends up out of the league soon.

71. toybkshr says: Feb 21, 2013 4:08 PM

Too bad they don’t play against each other this year.

72. rays06 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:08 PM

Uh, you let a man (Trent Williams) slap you in the face!!!! Oh you just like to talk about it and not be about it.

73. cheddarrob says: Feb 21, 2013 4:09 PM

Isn’t Sherman the guy who trashed Roddy White after getting burnt by him for a 50 yard bomb? Yea shut your face. Go pop some more adderall and not get banned because of the Seahwaks first decent season ever.

74. skinscc says: Feb 21, 2013 4:10 PM

Yeah because interceptions are the only indicator of CB success…….

Just goes to show former and current players aren’t always the best evaluators

75. sonoco says: Feb 21, 2013 4:11 PM

Sherman started the whole thing by clearly indicating that he doesn’t respect injured players. What a tool.

76. woogie242000 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:13 PM

People calm down it’s just two football players talking trash no big deal.

77. stoptrippn says: Feb 21, 2013 4:14 PM

Sherman is a embarrassment to the team and his family. I can’t believe he went to Stanford.

78. peopletrains says: Feb 21, 2013 4:15 PM

I have no problems with a guy who talks. I do have problems with a guy who doesn’t shut his mouth.

79. seattlecoug says: Feb 21, 2013 4:16 PM

Revis is about to start his 2nd hold out b/c “he ain’t gettin’ paid like he should”….. Revis is an aging Diva and needs to just ride off into the sunset. There isn’t such a thing as Revis Island – he gets torched all the time.

Sherman = best CB in the league. It’s not close.

80. vincespowersweep says: Feb 21, 2013 4:16 PM

Respect. Yeah, thats what its about. Guys who run their mouths like idiots talking about respect. Well thats just great.

81. mec693 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:17 PM

if you watch revis every game you’d know he is the superior player by far. Anybody that goes by stats has a very low football IQ and isnt very smart. Revis shuts down Megatron, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss in his prime, TO, Chad “Ochocinco” to the point where he was supposed to change his name back to johnson and basically every quality #1 you can think of over the years. Sherman gets beat by the likes of Titus Young for 2 td’s. I don’t think Sherman is a bad corner but he’s not asked to be put man on man on one side of the field with the best receivers in the game. They call him Revis Island for a reason and he was rated he best defensive player by the players FOR A REASON. Sherman needs to stop running his mouth, he’s a good corner but Antonio Cromartie had 10 int’s his second season and you don’t see him comparing himself to Darrelle

82. cardmagnet says: Feb 21, 2013 4:17 PM

Champ Bailey needs to pop up and smack both these children back into their place.

83. vikesfansteve says: Feb 21, 2013 4:17 PM

Reminds me of Sanders and Risons slap fight.

84. srcnsd says: Feb 21, 2013 4:18 PM

Since when is playing corner only about interceptions?

Revis follows the #1 receiver all over the field, including the slot. Sherman stays on one side. Revis allows fewer yards per attempt and a lower pass rating when thrown at him than Sherman.

Revis is still #1, though Sherman is up there.

85. jwcarlson says: Feb 21, 2013 4:18 PM

Looks like someone’s off his PEDs.

86. iamedreed says: Feb 21, 2013 4:19 PM

in a street fight- id take sherm

pure cover corner skills- im taking revis

but i bet right now that the seahawks would get more in a trade for sherman then the jets would for revis coming off his ACL with his contract demands

87. bradshawlives says: Feb 21, 2013 4:22 PM

Sherman graduated with a degree from Stanford, a school Revis couldn’t even think about getting into. Revis can’t even spell Pitt, much less Pittsburgh. And before all the Sherman haters go nuts, how many of you could get into Stanford? Don’t lie now…

88. preston0036 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:22 PM

give me IKE TAYLOR over Both!!!

89. officialfist says: Feb 21, 2013 4:24 PM

Both of them need to quiet down. They are not the best players at their position. possibly not even the best at their position….on their own team.

90. b3nz0z says: Feb 21, 2013 4:24 PM

CBs are the new WRs

91. rtant2013 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:26 PM

Let me just say this as a Redskins fan. D Hall had 4 picks last year against the Bears, so due to Shermans logic D Hall is the best corner we have ever seen. Ha yeah, see how stupid that sounds? Revis has held Megatron to 1 catch for 9 yds, Sherman got burnt by Titus Young twice for long tds. And I can’t say how many other times Sherman got burnt, he definitely spent a lot of time chasing recievers in the Falcons game. This isn’t even a comparison, where was Sherman last year? No one even knew who he was, so because of one good year, your going to attack the best corner in the game? Ha yeah that’s just assanign. That’s like Morris saying he’s better then AP because he had a great year. Atleast Morris was on the foot steps of AP, Sherman couldn’t hold Revis’s jock strap. And by the way he talks, I’ve lost a lot of respect for Stanford’s academics. Ha seriously, my 4 year old nephew can actually form a sentence better then this clown

92. countyk66ers says: Feb 21, 2013 4:27 PM

Dick Sherman master of the late hit.

93. jetstizzi85 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:32 PM

Revis had valid points. All Sherman does is talk….you all hate Rex for talking too much yet love when this dude talks that much…HMMMM

Honestly, Sherman is a very good CB and can be the best someday but right now its Revis. Sherman isnt even in my top 5 in the NFL

94. nebster21 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:32 PM

Sherman is not even the best CB on his team. PS Sherman when you are not targeted anywhere near as many times then it is hard to come up with those plays. QB’s are scared of him. Not you.

95. woogie242000 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:32 PM

two years in and he has already match Revis numbers he has a right to talk trash. They play in a what have you done lately league.

96. sharks123 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:33 PM

“It is about respect. You are not going to let a guy run his mouth.” Revis agrees!!

97. kev86 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:34 PM

I like when Revis questioned who Victor Cruz was a coupleyears ago. A 99 yard TD that ended the Jets season answered his question.

Revis is a selfish player and a punk.

98. bradybbgoat says: Feb 21, 2013 4:38 PM

Kyle Arrington lead the league in INT’S at one point in 2011 with 7.

By Sherman’s reasoning I guess that makes him a better corner, too.

INT’s are like RBI’s in baseball. A flashy but flawed statistical measure of production.

99. go9ers says: Feb 21, 2013 4:38 PM

“Conversations” like this are all the more proof that it’s called “twitter” because people who post on it are twits.

100. chrisbrunson17 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:39 PM

Sherman got 3 picks against the cards (2 in the game where Arizona gave up 60 points) and 2 from Sam Bradford. What else did he do? He picked on the 2 weakest offenses in the league. Congrats. Your not revis, go win a trophy then talk please.

101. mrphootball says: Feb 21, 2013 4:42 PM

Sherman is far more mouth than game. He is good but he isn’t revis by any stretch of the imagination. Put revis in his backfield with those safeties and he has 10 ints.

102. jackrabbitz says: Feb 21, 2013 4:42 PM

He just does not shut up!

103. praetorian12 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:43 PM

Does anyone outside of New York and Bristol, Connecticut honestly think Revis is even a top five CB? I’d take Peanut Tillman over Revis. Sherman and Browner are both probably better than the rehabbed Revis. I’m sure I could think of a few others that are better if I cared enough to look at it.

104. hartdaddy says: Feb 21, 2013 4:51 PM

Richard Sherman sounds like an 8 yr old after a game of Madden, “Look at how many picks I had, Look at my picks!!!”.

Dude Revis is a better CB man, just give it up. Nobody agrees with you.

105. keylimelight says: Feb 21, 2013 4:52 PM

Put your hand up and walk away Revis. Wrestling with pigs only gets you muddy.

106. dt58 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:52 PM

Only stat that counts in any sport is # of wins and the last time I checked football is a team game. Both of you SHUT UP!!!!

107. robertocfg says: Feb 21, 2013 4:54 PM

How annoying can Sherman be, that a die-hard Patriots fan like myself is siding with Revis?

108. e23r0 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:56 PM

Two best CBs? Patrick Peterson would have something to say about that!

109. ptestonm says: Feb 21, 2013 4:57 PM

Where as Revis relies on skill and technique, Sherman relies on being physical. Match Sherman up against a physical reciever and ask Roddy White what happens.

110. e23r0 says: Feb 21, 2013 4:57 PM

Peterson too classy and too busy working to waste time quacking like these two jokers.

111. remyje says: Feb 21, 2013 4:59 PM

I love it.. I wish there was a way to get them both in a ring and watch them squabble..

112. mute617 says: Feb 21, 2013 5:00 PM

Sherman is better. Rebus is overrated IMO

113. ocho says: Feb 21, 2013 5:04 PM

Sherman is clearly talented but using stats as the basis really isnt the way he should go about this thing…his 8 ints arent nearly as impressive when you look at the qbs he was picking off last season…specifically the fact that nearly half were against the John Skelton & the Cardinals

114. nutitletown says: Feb 21, 2013 5:04 PM

Sherman is better. Revis can’t cover the deep ball, and when he tries to, he blows out a hamstring.

115. jetsfaninjersey says: Feb 21, 2013 5:06 PM

When Sherman does it for years then let him run his big mouth…talk is cheap….but PED’s cost money

116. j0esixpack says: Feb 21, 2013 5:10 PM

Meow!

117. circuscivics says: Feb 21, 2013 5:11 PM

Sherman should know that this is an argument that he would not win right now. Not becasue Revis is better than him at the moment. It is because of media narrative. If the media labels you good, bad, or the worst at something, the labels stick despite evidence to the contrary. It takes a long time to shake that label. The populous consumes the media and regurgitates what the media feeds them. This is how guys like Jeff Saturday, Ray Lewis, and in the NBA Kevin Garrnet get selected to the pro bowl/all-star game even though they are way past their prime. The public was force feed that they (the athletes) are great and beyond reproach for so long, that the perception of their great athletic play last, although in reality they are over-the-hill.

With Revis playing in the largest media market for one of the more interesting franchises, if he happens to have a great season are too, the media brands the label of greatness into our collective minds. I personally, at this moment would take Sherman over Revis. Revis is a very good corner, but lets not act like he hasn’t been beat, as all corners are. To say that QB’s don’t throw his way, would be inaccurate since he does have passes defended.

118. wgray981 says: Feb 21, 2013 5:11 PM

Revis is much better than Sherman. Plus, Sherman has a great defense around him which leads to more interceptions. That being said, both of these guys need to quit whining.

119. martylb77 says: Feb 21, 2013 5:17 PM

Someone say Seahawks are becoming one of least liked teams in NFL? If the dogs are barking…its cause they hear me coming!…Go Hawks!!

120. nickster31 says: Feb 21, 2013 5:17 PM

Not a fan of either team, so I am about as neutral as you can get.

Right now, the Jets would trade Revis for Sherman straight up, the Hawks would not trade Sherman for Revis.

Not saying Revis can’t get it back, but he has to prove he is the best again to be the best.

121. sourdoughsam says: Feb 21, 2013 5:25 PM

Sherman didn’t learn his lesson from that slap he took from Trent Williams.

He must have thought afterword: “Check the stats. He only landed one punch!”

At some point, his teammates are going to get sick of him taking the glory while they’re doing the dirty work.

122. ravensfan19 says: Feb 21, 2013 5:29 PM

I don’t have an Issue with Sherman, he can be very entertaining at times but hes talking nonsense here.

If Sherman claims Picks are the indication of a better Corner then Tim Jennings is the Best Corner in the League.

Revis Covers the Number 1 Receiver for the Whole Game In Every Game. Sherman doesn’t do that. If he is soo Great and better than Revis why doesn’t he do that then ?

Also If you Look at Sherman 8 Picks they have Mostly been against Horrible Quarterbacks, 3 from Ryan Lindlay, 2 from Sam Bradford, 1 from Mark Sanchez

123. benroethlisberger7 says: Feb 21, 2013 5:31 PM

With a fart-fart here and a fart-fart there. Here a fart. There a fart. Everywhere a fart-fart.

124. raiderlyfe510 says: Feb 21, 2013 5:32 PM

Revis is a better CB y’all don’t be ridiculous. Sherman is a one season wonder until proven other wise. Really if he didnt run his mouth so much the casual fan wouldn’t even know who he is.

Also the WRs in the NFC West are trash, and Fitz doesn’t have a QB who can get him the ball.

125. Patriot42 says: Feb 21, 2013 5:34 PM

Why is this respect thing so important? It seems there are allot of people in society that becomes too unglued and some resort to violence over it.

126. Mr. Wright 212 says: Feb 21, 2013 5:35 PM

barrywhererufrom says: Feb 21, 2013 3:41 PM

————–

Sherman would fetch far more. Especially with Revis’ injury uncertainty. Revis plays his man great, but Sherman does that AND makes plays on the ball as you would expect from a former WR. Impact plays matter more.

127. rohinaz says: Feb 21, 2013 5:35 PM

Sherman has to be the biggest idiot in the nfl. Im GLAD this guy is not on my team. He pick and chooses stats and disregards others. Like when Roddy White smoked him for a TD in the playoffs. They says the TD wasnt on his it was the safetys fault on national television.

Its going to be soo funny in a couple years when this guy wants 10+m a year from the hawks.

Sherman doesnt even shadow opposing teams top wr. Sherman stays on his side of the field, thats it. Maybe he should play like real cover corners do before proclaiming himself as one.

maybe somemore adderall will get him to the next level.

128. metrocritical says: Feb 21, 2013 5:36 PM

It sounds like Richard Sherman isn’t getting enough attention at home. Maybe he should invite Titus Young over for an American Girl Tea Party. I’m sure they would have plenty to talk about.

129. bubbybrister/shovelpass says: Feb 21, 2013 5:37 PM

Just two shut-down corners that just can’t Shut-up!

130. 1oldpro says: Feb 21, 2013 5:40 PM

They are just a couple of loud burritos to JJ Watt.

131. taintedsaints2009 says: Feb 21, 2013 5:47 PM

come as you are

132. thejohnsmith1122 says: Feb 21, 2013 5:48 PM

INTs doesn’t really mean anything. Only ONE of his interceptions came from a QB even worth mentioning (Brady). Otherwise the bulk of it came from average to horrible QBs. The Cardinals alone gave him 3 ints and we all know none of their QBs are starter quality.

If Sherman is proud of picking off the worse QBs than his standards are a little low.

133. johnnyb216 says: Feb 21, 2013 5:53 PM

Revis is an annoying money grubbing pig who hasn’t really done too much to justify his CURRENT salary much less justify holding out for an even bigger salary this off-season (while he leaves reasonable doubt about his recovery from acl surgery) so as much as it pains me, I will side with Sherman by default.

134. devildog911 says: Feb 21, 2013 5:58 PM

GO BACK TO YOUR CORNERS YOU TWO, YOU’RE BOTH GROUNDED!!!

135. fanfrommontreal says: Feb 21, 2013 6:09 PM

Funny to see Sherman talk about being disrespected and having to respond… He is new in this league and constantly disrespect everybody, including star players that have been in the league for a while (Brady, White, Revis) and then cry about being a victim of disrespect? What a joke…
    One thing is sure, when things will start to go south for him, he will find excuses. Nothing will ever be his fault. It will be the fault of the refs, the coaches, the league, the media, anything but himself. You’ll see. Accountability was not taught at Stanford, obviously.

136. datmilehighswagistoodamnhigh says: Feb 21, 2013 6:16 PM

I always thought revision was a lil overrated but Sherman has only had 1 good year and has a better overall defense and plays the rams and cardinals twice. just saying. Either way Id have to say I’d take Sherman cuz dudes got crazy speed size combo and dude has swag, I just think the whole jets franchise is a joke, I’m surprised they beat anyone haha

137. monsterofyourgirlsmidway says: Feb 21, 2013 6:20 PM

@seattlecoug.

how is revis ‘aging’? he’s 27. I’m pretty sure a 27 year old isn’t thinking about ‘riding into the sunset’. revis has proven himself for the last 6 years.. maybe if you paid attention to football before the seahawks started winning you’d know that.

138. pftisterrible says: Feb 21, 2013 6:23 PM

They are both talking trash to gain notoriety. Both of these guys are entering contract negotiations soon and are trying to land endorsement money. A silly “twitter war” will help raise their profiles.

But go ahead Jets and Seahawks fans- pay attention and get riled up over something so incredibly stupid while Sherman and Revis laugh all the way to the bank.

139. pencilmonkeymagic says: Feb 21, 2013 6:35 PM

Time is a killer. Revis had his time on the pedestal. Now it’s time for Sherman.

140. jmclarkent says: Feb 21, 2013 6:37 PM

“I am not going to let no dude talk like a little girl and just walk freely,”

…Says the guy that uses the same medium to settle his arguments as the average junior high school girl.

141. jmclarkent says: Feb 21, 2013 6:37 PM

“I am not going to let no dude talk like a little girl and just walk freely,”

142. firstclasspack says: Feb 21, 2013 6:42 PM

Interceptions are a big factor in measuring a corner but I would argue that there are other things just as or more important. I think a couple of key stat that might decide this once and for all is:

1: Completion % of the receivers they are covering.
    2: Total TD’s given up.
    3: Total yards given up.
    4: Average yards given up.

I have no idea how to figure out those stats but I’m betting Revis leads in most of them.

143. canjura says: Feb 21, 2013 6:43 PM

Richard Sherman graduated from Stanford, only one of the best schools in the country, how can anyone say he’s an idiot? Also, I’d rather have Sherman than Revis on my team. Sherman can go head to head with any receiver because he has the height, length, arms, and strength to match up. Revis gets beat and he “pulls a hammy” and has to miss a few games.

144. thelastpieceofcheese says: Feb 21, 2013 6:44 PM

After getting shellacked by rookie bust Ryan Tannehill, Richard Sherman should keep his mouth shot.

145. jcd213 says: Feb 21, 2013 6:47 PM

Is he asking what kind of steroids he’s done?

146. gorilladik81 says: Feb 21, 2013 6:50 PM

A couple of jerkoffs, with no education, anybody who uses twitter to talk garbage is a queer

147. randallflagg52 says: Feb 21, 2013 6:54 PM

Lardarius Webb is better than both. His 2011 season (he got hurt midway through this year) was pretty awesome. Webb was the only starting corner to not allow a TD, and added 8 INTs (counting playoffs), a TD, a sack, and he plays the run better than both.

148. therealraider says: Feb 21, 2013 6:56 PM

Shermans right about one thing. Real NFL QBs dont stay away from any DBs.

149. spedman24 says: Feb 21, 2013 7:04 PM

Sherman couldn’t ever do what Revis does. What Sherman didn’t tell you in those tweets was two things, one he was NOT always taking on the opposing teams #1WR & number 2, he doesn’t not take on much talent in the NFC West. AFC EAST: Welker, Gronk (when used on the outside & and sometimes in TE formations), Stevie Johnson (got revis once, DR 4 SJ), Brandon Marshall (when he was w/Miami)….crushed Reggie Wayne in playoffs, killed Dez Bryant week 1 2 years ago, Vincent Jackson — so many more Andre Johnson, E V E R Y O N E

150. bayarea510 says: Feb 21, 2013 7:19 PM

It’s a shame to see a Stanford Educated man behaving like this. I thought Staford Football players had more class.

I have no idea how Habbaugh and Sherman’s Egos co-existed together for that long.

151. sweetnlow44 says: Feb 21, 2013 7:24 PM

People saying Browner is better than Sherman need to get real and watch some football. Browner was great last year, but mediocre at best this year. He’ll probably lose his starting spot to Lane or Thurmond next year.

For those saying int’s aren’t all that matter… True. So look up other stats like forced fumbles and passes defensed. Sherman did better last year than Revis ever has in a year in these areas. And don’t go saying ‘it’s because nobody targets Revis because he’s so good.’ Revis averages 83 attempts/year. Sherman had 87 last year.

Everybody on here talking Sherman down would take him on their team in a heartbeat. Keep hating.

152. naejon says: Feb 21, 2013 7:24 PM

Throw out the fact Philly has Nnamdi playing in a poor system. Watched Asomugha SHUT DOWN half the field in bump and run coverage in Oakland for years. He was a shut down corner against the pass and the run. Nnamdi is a big physical guy like Sherman, but is a leader and pro who knows how to lead by example and shut his mouth. Sherman is very talented, but reminds me of Terrell Owens when he opens his mouth.

153. frankdatank23 says: Feb 21, 2013 7:26 PM

They’re both over-rated / hyped. They blow. Real corners include : Bailey,Tillman,Woodson & Barber ( now at FS )…. and Asomugha’s run in Oakland was better than anything we’ve seen from these guys. I think Peterson and Joe Haden might be the future, Gilmore,Jenkins,Claiborne,Milliner too.

154. WatchThis says: Feb 21, 2013 7:38 PM

I’ve never heard of Sherman Island.

155. mikesmajormojo says: Feb 21, 2013 7:40 PM

Shudder to think that Sherman’s NFL career is just getting started and his mouth is already an all-pro.

156. yourmomcalled says: Feb 21, 2013 7:56 PM

btowngetsdown says:
    Feb 21, 2013 4:06 PM
    ———–
    He only played CB for 2 years in college. He started out as a WR (he was a Freshman All-American), and swithced to CB because of a team need.

Some of you need to watch some interviews of Sherman. Always smiling and having fun. Every time I read quotes like this from him, I can see him smiling and it makes me laugh. He’s just having fun.

157. hatesycophants says: Feb 21, 2013 8:02 PM

Is it wrong that I ignore any post that begins “Let me just say this as a Redskins fan…”?

158. seahawkfan4evr says: Feb 21, 2013 8:05 PM

People are morons….using the argument that what has he done…what has revis done aside from not winning any championships and become the all hype player on the all hype team. Sherman is the better overall player especially when you consider how much he is getting paid and that fact that he doesnt have a shredded knee. Plus are you going to tell me that revis has played against better compitition especially when he gets to play the dolphins bills every year. I love the trash talk and his teammates love it too if you followed them. Ask tom brady what he thinks of sherman then you can come talk trash revis.

159. bert1913 says: Feb 21, 2013 8:26 PM

Sherman has 8 ints this year because he baits qb’s into throwing his way. he does this by letting the receiver get open just enough to get the qb throw it his way, then boom int.

160. ihatejumanji says: Feb 21, 2013 8:33 PM

I honestly kinda like girls.

161. chawk12thman says: Feb 21, 2013 8:36 PM

I like both and don’t want to try an argue that one is better than another right now. Revis has a longer successful track record and Sherman demonstrated tremendous upside potential. Apples and Organges.

The best thing about this is the passion that both men bring on the field. Can’t wait for some Network folks to get them both into a studio together to see what happens……Good fodder for the off season.

162. notorious343 says: Feb 21, 2013 8:43 PM

Well for one I’ve never heard of Sherman island but I don’t get out much and then wasn’t it Richard Sherman who got licked by jaquizz Rogers?….. In the playoffs….. Game on the line and you couldn’t even hold on. It’s not so much the getting ran threw head on but its the giving up on the tackle… Especially in the playoffs. The game plan don’t change for Sherman. It does for revis. Enough said.

163. bobhk says: Feb 21, 2013 8:44 PM

@martylb77 says:
    Feb 21, 2013 5:17 PM

———
    No. It’s because for a historically loser franchise, they sure bark a lot. I mean, if it’s from a Packer fan, or a cowboys fan, I can at least understand, but the sea quacks, dogs are barking…but no bite.

164. raiderlyfe510 says: Feb 21, 2013 9:03 PM

naejon says:
    Feb 21, 2013 7:24 PM
    —————————————————-

Man Nnamdi did not shutdown and entire half of the field. Only one CB in the history of the NFL has done that and his name is Prime Time. Deion did it because if the QB made a mistake it was a Pick-6. Nnamdi did not have that kind of impact.

Nnamdi was always overated though. He didnt get a lot of action because the rest of our DBs were horrible. Except Chris Johnson. CJ37 will get a pick 6 or two if you came his way.

165. johnschatzan says: Feb 21, 2013 9:09 PM

Sherman is great but I’ve never heard anyone self proclaim how good he is like Sherman. I wouldn’t put him in the same class as revis. I would even consider Cromartie over Sherman if not for age. Not that it matters cause I’m a bills fan anyway but I’ve seen jets have little to no talent aside from those two and compete with nearly every team.

166. rukkus1 says: Feb 21, 2013 9:38 PM

warewolf94 says:Feb 21, 2013 3:57 PM

——————————-
    titus young didnt score on sherman. it was chancellor and a LBer.
    ……….
    furthermore, to all you folks saying sherman is a first year player, he is not. he has been a starter for a year and a half. if you extrapolate his stats in his time as a starter, his numbers are almost identical to revis. this includes how many times he has been thrown to, opponents reception percentages… everything. very similar.

so, with that, the only difference between the 2 seems to be their personality. Sherman is very obviously just having a good time with his career. you all need to recognize that and quit being so quick to hate. so what he talks some smack. he just has a big platform to do it. you guys are all doing it here with comments. the only difference is, yalls platform is small and insignificant.

167. PriorKnowledge says: Feb 21, 2013 9:49 PM

Give them both a violin. The first one that makes the cat run away loses!

168. micknangold says: Feb 21, 2013 10:00 PM

By Sherman’s logic Deltha O’Neal is better than both of them.

169. painsyndicate says: Feb 21, 2013 10:29 PM

Roidrage Sherman, u mad bro?

Trent Williams says hello.

170. themackstrong says: Feb 21, 2013 10:47 PM

—————————————

Sherm was also # 1 in passes defensed which reflect his cover skills. There is a myth after 1 excellent year teams don’t throw Revis’ way but they do. I watched him get toasted by Cruz-Moss-Smith & even 1 of his 4 int he was beat end zone by Marshall and he pushed down BM picked off Henne and scored. Year 2 for Richard was amazing vs top tier CB with an torn ACL- I’ll take the converted WR playing CB trust me it only will get better. Go Hawks!

171. ialwayswantedtobeabanker says: Feb 21, 2013 11:17 PM

I wonder if Sherman included the following in his stat comparison:

Caught with dirty urine in PED test:

Revis: 0
    Sherman: 1

172. qdog112 says: Feb 21, 2013 11:19 PM

btowngetsdown says: Feb 21, 2013 4:06 PM

********************************
    He was a WR.

173. cadub49er says: Feb 21, 2013 11:40 PM

I guess steroids not only make your muscles bigger but it makes your mouth bigger as well.

174. kennyrogerschicken says: Feb 21, 2013 11:58 PM

canjura says:
    Feb 21, 2013 6:43 PM

————————————–

So a college degree from a good school excuses him from being labeled an idiot? Great logic.

175. malvord13 says: Feb 22, 2013 12:23 AM

Gotta love some of these comments, “neither of them impress me”
    They talk like they are a scout, or they actually know what the hell they are talking about.

176. commonsensedude says: Feb 22, 2013 12:29 AM

I’ll bet that every time Sherman opens his mouth publicly, thousands of people flock to YouTube just to relive the experience of seeing Trent Williams smack him upside the head.

Come on. You want to watch the clip again right now, don’t you?

177. db105 says: Feb 22, 2013 3:42 AM

Did Dick Sherman really go to Stanford?

178. jaxjags10 says: Feb 22, 2013 5:53 AM

Sherman is a marketing genius. In just his 2nd year in the league this 5th round pick of the Seahawks (who no one ever hears about) is becoming a household name.

179. fleischpeitsche says: Feb 22, 2013 10:24 AM

don’t give a damn about any of those two, but who says sherman got burnt by roddy white doesn’t know football…

180. jwreck says: Feb 22, 2013 12:03 PM

This may have been said fifteen times already, but what has Sherman done? He’s a great player, yes, but he’s won one playoff game; against a quarterback who was up 14-0 before shredding his knee.

181. jwreck says: Feb 22, 2013 12:13 PM

canjura says:
    Feb 21, 2013 6:43 PM
    ____________
    Sherman graduated from Stanford with a degree in communication. George Bush graduated from Yale and then Harvard business school; and I seem to remember that his brains weren’t praised very often.
    _______
    bradshawlives says: Feb 21, 2013 4:22 PM

Sherman graduated with a degree from Stanford… And before all the Sherman haters go nuts, how many of you could get into Stanford?
    __________
    How many of “us” could get into Stanford if we were five-star recruits from California? Probably just about 100%.

182. dukemarc says: Feb 22, 2013 12:41 PM

Please shut up, Dick.

183. Mr. Wright 212 says: Feb 22, 2013 12:56 PM

fleischpeitsche says: Feb 22, 2013 10:24 AM

————-

That’s usually a bunch of Patriots fans who are still bitter that Sherman got at Brady after backing up the talk, 49er fans, and others who are generally tired of Sherman dishing it out, backing it up, and taking it (by clapping) the few times he gets beat. Guys are going to bring up 4 yard out catches and say that he got burned, knowing full well that Ryan doesn’t even make that throw if Chancellor didn’t bite and charge up towards the box. White only even got past Sherman because Sherman was playing with the expectation of safety help. That’s the difference between a “hater” and someone who objectively points out facts.

184. discountdoublecheck says: Feb 22, 2013 3:48 PM

rtant2013 says:Feb 21, 2013 4:26 PM

Let me just say this as a Redskins fan.

==================================

This immediately lost you all possible credibility. I live in the DC area, and everyone knows no skins fan will approach this topic with an open mind because Sherman talked (and shut down) your own resident loudmouths, especially Garcon, and talked while doing it.

Saying Morris was/is on the heels of AP doesn’t make you look any less homerish or crazy either.

Also…’assanign’ isn’t even close lol.

My favorite part of all of this is the people who just bought into the ‘Revis Island’ moniker and throw out all stats, such as the fact that when you match them up, Revis HAS been thrown at almost as much as Sherman, and Sherman has obliterated his stats.

But nope, it’s far more convenient to just dump on a guy and assume he’s at fault because he’s loud, you don’t like him and he got burnt ONCE (because Moss never abused Revis right?).

Comical.

185. rickytheviking says: Feb 22, 2013 4:07 PM

Can the Trash Talk and let your play do the
    talking!!!!!!!!!

186. joenash72 says: Feb 22, 2013 11:30 PM

“I’ve never heard of Sherman Island.”

There, now you have………

187. axespray says: Feb 23, 2013 4:42 AM

rbanks51 says:
    Feb 21, 2013 3:49 PM
    “Well to be honest, Darrelle Revis should’ve easily 2009 Defensive Player of the Year. He was unreal that year and Woodson won it because the voters were influenced by flashy stats.

I guess by Sherman’s logic, he’s the 2nd best corner in the league to Tim Jennings.”
    —————————————
    Really?
    Flashy Stats ? …Dude was all over the field – he lined up at Linebacker – Safety – Corner – He blitzed and did EVERYTHING …Those stats were game deciding plays – It was the best year of a hall of fame player’s career and you’re gonna throw it under the bus as just “some flashy stats” …smh – quit watching football child.

188. axespray says: Feb 23, 2013 4:48 AM

Now in 2010 – Revis was a better choice than Troy (I sacked Vince Young once) Polamalu …
    The guy played like 4 games that year and won the Defensive Player of the Year award that year …smh.

Clay Matthews – Julius Peppers – Revis, James Harrison – anyone was a better choice than Troy that year.

189. ejmat2 says: Feb 23, 2013 8:40 AM

Sherman is sounding like a hypocrite. In one statement he talks about how Roddy White only caught one pass against him although he barely covered him. Now he’s saying that the fact Revis doesn’t get thrown to alot is not true.

It’s very true Sherman. I’m no Jet fan by any stretch of the imagination but I do see a lot of their games. QBs tend to throw to the other side of the field against Revis.

Sherman is a good CB. No doubt. But the other DBs on that team are pretty darn good as well. That is also the reason why they throw all over the place against the Seahawks. It’s a pick your poison kind of thing. Whereas with Revis, QBs tend to stay away.

If Sherman would shut his mouth and let his talent talk he’d be much more likeable. Now, he’s nothing but a loud mouth and to me, it ruins his talents.

190. allidoiswin55 says: Feb 23, 2013 9:14 AM

Stats don’t lie. You can’t have it both ways people.

You can’t say forget stats they don’t tell the whole story just because Shermans stats kill anything Revis has ever done.

Also the thrown at less argument is not only false but stupid they avg a difference of 4 targets per year… Hmm that’s a lot lol and even if so, Revis is thrown at less bc the other cb on his team in the past SUCKED! WHY would anyone challenge a better cb on a team? Just stupid logic…

Sherman is not afforded that luxury because his team has a stacked secondary they can’t avoid anyone bc they are all probowl level players.

Also Sherman did not talk trash to Revis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until he called him a girl bc Revis wasn’t on Shermans all cb list which he was asked while he was a guest on NFL Network not just randomly calling in to some show to talk crap like everyone is making it seem.

Sherman said he would have had Revis on it but he didn’t play this season so it wouldn’t make sense. But if he had Revis would have been on that list.

Who can argue that? With that type of logic you would have wanted P manning to win MVP the year he didn’t play. Fact is when your hurt you aren’t going to be on the top players of someone’s list.

Revis got his feeling hurt and instead of people learning the whole story they just see Shermans name and immediately label the guy without knowledge of the situation. And now you look like silly haters!!

Lastly these burnt comments are totally ridiculous of course he’s given up some TD’s no more no less than Revis though and according to many of you whenever a WR scores he must have been guarded by Sherman.. I mean you can’t pick a player that had some success against the Hawks and assume all of it was on Sherman. Most points and success against the secondary this year was ON THE NICKLE CB Trufant. But don’t let the facts miss you.

Also I think it’s easier to cover another teams best receiver then it is to play within the scheme of your own defense. That is a schematic difference NOT a talent variable.

Lastly Sherman has only played Cb for 4 years and only 2 in the nfl. And has already ascended into the top tier of cbs and was an all pro! And just had one of the best seasons in OVER ALL statistics EVER BY A CB.. Did I say EVER!!! But apparently stats don’t tell the story. Lol

Please take ur dome out ur butts that’s amazing by any standard. And not to mention he’s cheaper than Revis and younger and bigger.

Not that Revis isn’t a beast when healthy but how is he better than Sherman? He can’t even barely walk right now without an knee buckle give me a break… He acted like the girl!

191. rukkus1 says: Feb 23, 2013 1:22 PM

^^^ right on point! No offense to Revis and all the work he put in, hes great! But sherman is right there with him. And Revis is the one who blew this out of proportion. I felt maybe it had more to do with sherms video on super bowl weekend…. but whatever it was, Revis is the one who got aggressive about things. Sherman has just been having a good time all along and people cant seem to handle that. People need to quit taking life so dang serious…

192. rukkus1 says: Feb 23, 2013 1:32 PM

The professional stats analysts over at profootballfocus website have a breakdown on the whole Sherman/Revis deal. They even have a hard time calling it. The stats and game tape all are pretty level and even according to them. They look at every player on every play and break it down. They barely gave Revis an edge.

193. psj3809 says: Feb 25, 2013 8:32 AM

Its embarassing reading Shermans comments, he’s totally stupid.

Revis (And Nnamdi Asomugha) dont get the ints as teams obviously avoid them. I remember back in the early 90′s a Falcons safety (Scott Case) lead the league in interceptions, didnt mean a thing, he was a poor player but was picked on at safety and got a few ints.

Interceptions dont mean anything, Revis (Just like Aso used to be) are shut down corners and wont get 8 or so ints a year.

Surely someone like his agent or coach should get Sherman to shut up. Got torched in the playoffs, he’s not exactly one of the top corners. Its embarassing to read his comments.

194. footballfan80 says: Feb 25, 2013 1:26 PM

Theres a reason last year Revis was rated as the best defensive player in the league. We are not talking top corner, but top defensive player. Theres also a reason no one has even heard of Sherman before this season.

I also like how people bring up Revis getting burned, especially in games where he didnt even allow 1 receiption the entire game.

Over the years:
    Reggie Wayne, 1 catch 1 yard
    Steve Smith, 1 catch 5 yards
    Calvin Johnson: 1 catch, 14 yards
    Andre Johnson: 4 catches, 24 yards

The list goes on and on with elite receivers Revis completely annihilated over the last few years; roddy white, Wes Welker, TO, chad Johnson, Marques Colston, Moss (except for the 1 td) etc.

Sherman is another Aso waiting to happen. I have always stated that Aso was never an elite corner. Not so hard to play corner when you only take one side of the field so the other team sends their #1 WR in motion to the opposite side, problem solved.

Plus Revis saves his best for the playoffs; Ocho Cinco 2 catches for 22 yards, wayne 1 catch for a 1 yard, and his best game against the Chargers were he held Floyd/gates/ and Jackson to 0 catches for 0 yards, all of whom had solid games against the other parts of the Jets secondary.

Sherman was running for his life in the Falcons game. Big time players save their best for the playoffs. Sherman failed in this.

195. Mr. Wright 212 says: Feb 25, 2013 2:28 PM

Yeah, maybe YOU hadn’t heard of him — just like others of your ilk who think that by watching highlight clips, never having played the game (nor the position, specifically, which a couple of us here actually did) and not even watching film — but somehow think that qualifies you to post all this drivel.

Comparing Sherman and Asomugha is so far off base I nearly swan dove into my desk.

And I don’t know what Falcons playoff game you were watching, but none of this “running for his life” you mentioned took place. Chancellor broke into the box after biting on the tight end route and blew his help. Sherman was not playing tight, and scurried to catch up when he realized he had no help. Stop commenting here if you don’t know the nuances of playing a position nor how to realize them on game tape. i’m sick of people like you who think you know something that you have no idea about because porky the pig peter king or someone of that cloth utters it.

196. vernonbasketball says: Feb 26, 2013 5:19 PM

i give Sherman props being a 5th round pick and coming to be a good corner but Revis is so much better yea yea we can talk stats but really the only reason Sherman had that many picks is qbs threw to him. Qbs don’t really try to throw to Revis. Yea he might of been the best corner THIS year but Revis is right up there with Deon
    Revis is coming back from a major surgery so if he does come back to his normal self or even better ill be happy and plus Revis has 3 more years over Sherman but overall Revis is so much better the best. Sherman still has a lot to improve if he wants to take away the whole part of the field.
    Jet fan for life

197. bharr170 says: Feb 28, 2013 3:23 PM

I really hope Revis gets traded to San Fran so we can see this already good NFC rivalry really heat up.