Skip to content

Dolphins have talked deal with Reggie Bush

Earlier this month, reports out of Miami indicated running back Reggie Bush was confused about the Dolphins’ lack of interest in re-signing him this offseason.

Bush can stop wondering. General Manager Jeff Ireland told Mike Florio on PFT Live Thursday that the two sides have spoken.

So there is interest, although Bush may now choose to be confused about the level of interest. Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins don’t want to give Bush a raise from the $5 million he made in 2012 and that they probably aren’t willing to even match that salary since they’d like to see Lamar Miller carrying a bigger load in the backfield in 2013. If Bush’s price were to settle in a place where Miami’s comfortable, then he would have a chance to return.

Until there’s more of a sense of the overall market for Bush, it’s hard to make any prediction on where that price will settle. So, for now, Bush’s return to the Dolphins still feels like an unlikely outcome.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill
15 Responses to “Dolphins have talked deal with Reggie Bush”
  1. officialmiamidolphinsspokesperson says: Feb 22, 2013 10:32 AM

    He’ll be back. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

    (ric flair) WHOO!!!

  2. ken0west says: Feb 22, 2013 10:41 AM

    Bush needs to move on. I really want L. Miller to get a full chance to show if he is special or not.

  3. basexc9 says: Feb 22, 2013 10:46 AM

    He is a dynamic player, workhorse in practice, and a superb role model with a passion for the game. That is everything this organization values in a player. $5 million is a bit high to keep him, but I would rather pay that then overpay for Sean Smith or even Jake Long. Plus, I still would like to see Lamar Miller get a bit more seasoned before relying on him and Daniel Thomas full time.

  4. phileborn says: Feb 22, 2013 10:53 AM

    Please don’t let another playmaker walk….

  5. irkjames says: Feb 22, 2013 10:55 AM

    I’d like to see what Miami’s offense would look like with both Mike Wallace and Reggie Bush…

    To be honest, I’d rather have both of them AND Brian Hartline on the Dolphins’ roster rather than to shell out $10-15 million on Jake Long just so he can hurt his back or triceps again and get owned by the 30+ Club, which include aging pass rushers like Dwight Freeney and John Abraham, who have made careers off of embarrassing the #1 overall pick of 2008.

  6. justintuckrule says: Feb 22, 2013 11:00 AM

    Shave some cap. Cut the bush.

  7. tannethrill says: Feb 22, 2013 11:03 AM

    I see him returning because he wants to be here and he knows there’s options out there. Bradshaw already and who knows who else hits the market. Bush is in no position to demand cash unless he’s willing to just go to the highest bidder absent the quality of the situation.

  8. miriam45 says: Feb 22, 2013 11:12 AM

    Ireland offered 3.75 and Bush status reduced to that of a 3rd down back out of the backfield on passing downs. The ball is in Reggie’s hands now.

  9. laxcoach37 says: Feb 22, 2013 11:12 AM

    So much for the Dolphins All BEER Backfield- Bush and Miller. We need to Draft a TE name Budweisser or Coors

  10. genericuser8888 says: Feb 22, 2013 11:26 AM

    Reggie left New Orleans, coming off of a championship season, because he wanted to “the man” and wanted more ball touches. He’s a good guy, but he got his ring and wanted a chance to show he was “the man” and not part of a rotating stable of backs or a role player.

    I don’t see him being “the man” anymore in Miami, and he’s already got his ring. So, he’s either gonna go where the money is the best or tame his ego and accept that position sharing the ball with another back.

  11. packers1996 says: Feb 22, 2013 11:47 AM

    He is not coming back he was horrible towards the middle of the season he is not worth anything I am not so sure lamar miller will be any better as their abilities are almost the same. Daniel Thomas needs to stay healthy but before they even think of spending money on bush they need to look into offensive line and receivers as well as the secondary long is gone john jerry is not good enough too slow needs to loose more weight incognito is starting to play like he use too and loose control. Dolphins free agency targets should be: Mike Wallace or Dwayne Bowe, Branden Albert but move him to inside and Garner to left tackle if they dont draft a tackle, also sign Jermon Bushrod very physical tackle. For dbs william moore, cary williams i dont see sean smith coming back unless he takes less money. A de move odrick to inside unless they start vernon as he showed some promise last season, Paul Kruger would be a great signing at DE. Another corner that would be interesting and possibly cheap Dominique Rodgers Cromartie not as a starter but as a nickel or Rashean mathis/ marcus trufant as a nickel but cary williams as a starter would be a great addition.

  12. kane337 says: Feb 22, 2013 2:04 PM

    Reggie Bush to the Falcons

  13. Deof Movestofca says: Feb 22, 2013 2:40 PM

    If Bush returns (and I’m probably more optimistic about the possibility than Alper is), I think Philbin, will choose whoever has the “hot hand” between Bush and Miller instead of just being relegating him to a 3rd down back.

  14. thelastpieceofcheese says: Feb 22, 2013 6:20 PM

    Reggie Bush is going to the Jets.

  15. joemontanawasthegreatest says: Feb 23, 2013 10:04 AM

    I think they are low balling Bush a bit, they have themselves in a good cap situation and would like to keep it that way. If he gets more than a 2 year deal I would be surprised.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!