49ers lineman Al Netter arrested for DUI

netter_al_ci

San Francisco offensive lineman Al Netter, who spent last year on the practice squad, was cited by the California Highway Patrol for DUI this week.

According to the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, Netter was arrested Wednesday, and cited for having a blood alcohol content above .08.

“The 49ers are aware of the recent matter involving Al Netter,” the 49ers said in a statement. “We take these issues very seriously, but will reserve comment at this time as this is an ongoing legal matter. The organization will continue to gather the facts and monitor the developments closely.”

Netter better hope he doesn’t end up in front of Judge Judy, or Jim Harbaugh.

Permalink 16 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers
16 Responses to “49ers lineman Al Netter arrested for DUI”
  1. niners816 says: Feb 23, 2013 9:49 AM

I’m a Niners fan and there’s 2 things that come to my mind. 1: who?! 2: if you’re dumb enough to drive drunk when you can take a cab home, kick him off the team. There’s no excuse to endanger someones life. Stupid decision. He better just be grateful he didn’t hurt anyone else except his football career. What a bonehead.

2. goraidersgospurs says: Feb 23, 2013 10:02 AM

No point to comment about how dumb DUI is players dont listen!!!

3. ravenmuscle says: Feb 23, 2013 10:17 AM

Well at least he wasn’t driving over 110 mph and HIT something or someone..

How ’bout those Cowboys???

4. goldenperspective says: Feb 23, 2013 10:17 AM

It just says he was above .08. If it’s .09, man that sucks. That’s literally a beer or two, maybe 3 for a guy his size. I’m not going to pass judgment. It didn’t say he was going ridiculous speeds either. For all we know he had a few beers with family dinner and is getting the short end of the stick. Perhaps he even said “no more beer ma, i still gotta drive home”. Don’t be so quick to judge, we have very little idea of what actually happens when guys get in trouble. I honestly have no problem with drinking and driving, its the people that are sailor drunk and driving that scare me.

5. pksullivanmph says: Feb 23, 2013 10:31 AM

Yet another player drinking and driving @footballady52🏈

6. seahawks80 says: Feb 23, 2013 10:39 AM

Any player that gets a DUI should be cut and there should be an agreement between teams to not sign that player, there is absolutely no excuse or it.

7. niners816 says: Feb 23, 2013 10:40 AM

@goldenperspective

I honestly have no problem with drinking and driving,
    ————-
    You’re kidding, right? I’m embarrassed you’re a fan, let alone a Niners fan.

8. seahawks80 says: Feb 23, 2013 11:08 AM

@goldenperspective

You are an idiot, if you have ever had a sibling killed by drunk driver you would feel different

9. cowpiesnotcowboys says: Feb 23, 2013 11:17 AM

Cut him, or trade him to the Cowboys where he belongs.

10. goldenperspective says: Feb 23, 2013 11:30 AM

You’re kidding, right? I’m embarrassed you’re a fan, let alone a Niners fan.

Newsflash: the majority of fans at every single game have a beer or two before driving home from the games. Again, I have no problem with that. I have a problem with people being hammered and driving.

So by that standard you’re embarrassed of all fans and too good for anyone else. Have you ever had a glass of wine or two then driven home? Loosen up buddy.

11. baymac408 says: Feb 23, 2013 11:35 AM

Cut him.. No room for distraction.. We are on a mission for that 6th ring!!.. Netter wasn’t gonna crack the 53 man squad anyway! Still got Kilgore and looney ahead of him.. Everybody makes mistakes I got one when I was in h.s. but dude your a pro call a cab!! No excuses

12. scoobies05 says: Feb 23, 2013 11:36 AM

golden perspective….thats really one of the craziest most ignorant posts i have ever read. i truly hope you or no one you know is ever affected by someone who has been drinking and drives.

13. sonoco says: Feb 23, 2013 11:47 AM

He’s a good kid who made a bad decision. Glad nobody got hurt. Live and learn.

14. mrpolarbear99 says: Feb 23, 2013 1:06 PM

Dude, you’re pouring your heart and soul into sticking on the practice squad, trying to catch a break, and you go out and drink and drive??

Pay for the cab man. It’s worth it EVERY SINGLE TIME.

15. decimusprime says: Feb 23, 2013 1:30 PM

Every NFL team has a car service for all its players and its FREE!! These guys dont even need to pay a cab they only need to make a phone call. If only they didn’t need to be flashy and drive their cars, they could avoid this completely by making a phone call.

16. mazblast says: Feb 23, 2013 3:23 PM

One of my favorite novels has this to say–

“There are no penalties here for drinking, even for getting falling-down drunk. There are severe penalties for being unfit for duty.”

As far as I’m concerned, that covers it when it comes to drinking and driving. I’m tired of the MADD folks getting so bent out of shape when someone has a drink, even two, and seeing someone who had A beer getting hit by another car and the media calling it “alcohol-related”. I am in favor of extremely severe punishments for DRIVING while INTOXICATED.

I’m glad no one got hurt in this case. I hope this fool gets down on his knees and begs the 49ers for a second chance, and that he learns from his stupidity. There is simply no excuse for this kind of behavior.