Lions re-sign DeAndre Levy to multi-year deal

DeAndre Levy, Larry Fitzgerald AP

With free agency opening in less than a week, players who sign deals now must really want to stay with their teams, without hearing what anyone else has to offer.

Lions linebacker DeAndre Levy must feel that way, as he’s agreed to a new multi-year deal with the team, according to Tim Twentyman of the Lions official website.

The Lions used the second-round tender on Levy last year when he was a restricted free agent, so he clearly was viewed as some degree of priority. Terms weren’t disclosed.

The Lions have a huge class of free agents, which also includes linebacker Justin Durant, but they’ll need to re-do quarterback Matt Stafford if they want to do a significant amount of business in free agency.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Home, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Lions re-sign DeAndre Levy to multi-year deal”
  1. rekokiddo09 says: Mar 6, 2013 2:07 PM

Good signing assuming its not alot of money. Levy is solid both on the run and the pass. Now just need to find the other OLB

2. mjkelly77 says: Mar 6, 2013 2:33 PM

Levy is fairly solid all the way around. And it really was a necessary signing. I just hope the terms weren’t outrageous.

3. mrwright313 says: Mar 6, 2013 2:41 PM

Levy isn’t solid against the run, he’s actually the opposite. I don’t hate the signing depending on how much they gave him, but I’m inclined to think they re-signed the wrong free agent OLB.

4. goodluckking says: Mar 6, 2013 3:02 PM

He would have been a good signing at MLB, if they didn’t already have an overpaid slow MLB.

At OLB I agree with others that Durant would ahve been the better signing.

The LB corp isn’t as strong as they appear to think it is.

5. hatesycophants says: Mar 6, 2013 3:22 PM

Anyone else absolutely despise the fan base of the team you support? How can so many jackasses root for one team?

6. matzahballz says: Mar 6, 2013 5:39 PM

IMO: Good keep if $ is right. Durant wants to stay and I’m sure he’ll take less $ to do so.
    I’d prefer Chris Ivory to R. Bush, would be cap friendly. Re-sign Lojack and Young at DE. Sign a combo of mike jenkins and carey williams for price of houston, sign a S and draft Ansah and come back with Margus Hunt in the 2nd. Then focus on OL, DB and WR rest of draft.

To shake things up completely, trade Suh for Revis and disregard all of the above.

7. steveb9995 says: Mar 6, 2013 11:14 PM

Durant has said he wants to remain a Lion, so I expect he’ll be back too.

8. audioflint says: Mar 8, 2013 10:51 AM

Levy is young and getting better each year. I like the signing. He reminds me of another young star (Cliff Avril) without the drama.