Vince Young: I was the victim, I was taken advantage of

Vince Young AP

As he attempts to persuade some NFL team to give him another chance, Vince Young says he wants every team to understand that his off-field issues are behind him.

Young said on NFL AM that although he has been a distraction at times in his NFL career, that largely stemmed from his financial difficulties — difficulties that he believes are not his fault.

“I really want teams and organizations to know that I was young at a time and I put my trust in a lot of people, and I was getting taken advantage of,” Young said. “Basically, I’m the victim of the situation. So I’ve just got to clean up that mess, just to let teams know I’m a little bit more mature than I used to be, I’ve grown a whole lot, and I just want teams to understand that you’re getting a little bit more mature quarterback that understands the professionalism of the game.”

Young also acknowledged that he made mistakes during his time with the Titans, where he was a two-time Pro Bowler but eventually got dumped by coach Jeff Fisher. Young said he recently sent a letter of apology to Fisher for not handling things the right way during their time together, and he also said he doesn’t think it was his play on the field that derailed his career. Instead, Young believes off-field issues are the reason he is currently a free agent just hoping for some team to give him a shot.

“I don’t really feel like it was my game, I just feel like it was some off-the-field issues, with some of the things that, as I was cleaning up a lot of the mess outside the field, I really feel like teams don’t want their quarterback to be in that position, of being distracted,” Young said. “It was nothing about my game, it’s just those things have to be cleared up before I get that opportunity.”

Young says those things are now cleared up. It remains to be seen whether he gets that opportunity.

Permalink 127 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories
127 Responses to “Vince Young: I was the victim, I was taken advantage of”
  1. vmkstar99 says: Mar 6, 2013 8:47 AM

So… taking out a $300,000 loan to hold your own birthday party does NOT mean that the blame is solely on yourself?

2. h3min1230 says: Mar 6, 2013 8:47 AM

Bring him to camp and see what he has. Why not?

3. fuglyflorio says: Mar 6, 2013 8:49 AM

Idiot, please.

4. achap39 says: Mar 6, 2013 8:49 AM

Really, Vince? Who ‘took advantage of you’ when YOU decided to throw yourself a THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLAR birthday party?

Who ‘took advantage of you’ when you spent $5K PER WEEK at Cheesecake Factory your rookie year?

You made more money in a WEEK than most people do in a year and blew it ALL. But YOU’RE the victim? Shut up and go away.

5. truninerfan49 says: Mar 6, 2013 8:49 AM

The great Artie Lange would say “wahhhhhhhhh”

6. titansfan53 says: Mar 6, 2013 8:49 AM

Wow, Vince Young coming up with more excuses…shocking.

7. tashley14 says: Mar 6, 2013 8:50 AM

If Matt Cassel is getting looked at as a backup somewhere, then so should Vince Young.

8. southernplayalisticadillacmuzik says: Mar 6, 2013 8:50 AM

I wish this guy would just go away. Your careers over bro. Go do real estate or own a car dealership.

9. goraidersgospurs says: Mar 6, 2013 8:51 AM

he could use Mcnair(r.I.p) in his life right now!!!

10. tommysaint1 says: Mar 6, 2013 8:51 AM

You are the victim of having too much talent to early and being deprived of developing into a normal person.

VY,
    You will always be the victim with your attitude.

11. nomoreseasontix says: Mar 6, 2013 8:51 AM

The poor guy is as dumb as a sack of hair.
    His handlers should keep him as quiet as possible.
    Not his fault he took took out a loan to throw himself a birthday party?
    He blew through all of his money foolishly and it’s not his fault?
    I’m tired of hearing about this dummy.

12. FinFan68 says: Mar 6, 2013 8:52 AM

Victim? No. He was an emotionally unstable immature hothead. He also boasts an intelligence on par with an average 9 year old. His physical talent could not overcome his mental and emotional deficiencies at the NFL level. If he is a victim, he is a victim of his own doing.

13. EJ says: Mar 6, 2013 8:52 AM

Young couldn’t beat out Fitzpatrick or Tyler Thigpen and Brad Smith for that matter. That doesn’t bode well for your resume. I believe his biggest problem when he tried out for Buffalo was his accuracy, especially his deep accuracy which was way off 50% of the time. He can still run, can get the ball to pretty much anywhere on the field, just not where the receiver needs it to be. Maybe some team will be desperate enough to give him another shot, maybe not.

14. daburgher says: Mar 6, 2013 8:52 AM

so he takes responsibility for his actions by blaming others? what a POS loser

15. pitofzombies94 says: Mar 6, 2013 8:52 AM

He is only a little bit more mature

16. cfbfan2013 says: Mar 6, 2013 8:54 AM

Problem is there were some of us, unlike Skip Bayless and the Titans, who knew you were messed up in the head and too immature to play in the NFL. I believe in 2nd chances but I also think you just aren’t intelligent enough to understand NFL defenses. You can’t blame the fact you threw so many picks on financial advisers. They weren’t on the field with you.

17. boltfaninfalconcountry says: Mar 6, 2013 8:55 AM

It was both…..you sucked on an off the field.

18. Patriot42 says: Mar 6, 2013 8:55 AM

He was a “victim”. I believe it would be more appropriate to admit it was his fault. We all are responsible for our actions and should admit our participation in it. If he was a young child and mistakes were made then I would agree but not as old as he was when his career took a nose dive. I wouldn’t take a chance on him as he will revert back to this excuse again.

19. kash71 says: Mar 6, 2013 8:56 AM

If being given millions to play a game is the definition of the word victim, I want to be one.

20. truthfactory says: Mar 6, 2013 8:56 AM

Ahh yes… The Ole’: “It was someone else’s fault” line

As is quoted by so many “mature and responsible” people of this world…

This guy has no clue.

21. dublindemonszfl says: Mar 6, 2013 8:56 AM

I think the short time he was with Buffalo, meant he wasn’t catching on to the play book. That said I think he’ll get another shot, he could develope into a capable back up, unless he can’t learn an offense. Hope it’s not the case, still respect him from the BCS. A lot of teams could use a back up, all of them in the NFC North. The longer he gets in a camp the better for him. Vet minimum deal.

22. fortphiladamsterdam says: Mar 6, 2013 8:57 AM

Yep, he was definitely the victim when he played horribly in his starts in Philly. 4 TDs and 8 INTs.

23. blancanieve00 says: Mar 6, 2013 9:00 AM

The Raiders should really sign Vince Young on a one year contract and let him compete with T. Pryor for the starting job and either trade or release C. Palmer and if neither one works out then you draft a QB in next years draft cause this team is rebuilding so they have nothing to lose and they need to start freeing up money cause next year they have a full draft.

24. shamismcfootballtalk says: Mar 6, 2013 9:01 AM

he’s a bum, look a his stats, more int’s than touchdowns. I understand you made lots and lots of mistakes off the field, he needs to start blaming himself and start working on being a better qb and then someone will give him a shot

25. trollhammer20 says: Mar 6, 2013 9:02 AM

How did your victim status lead you to throw two picks in five minutes in a preseason game against third-stringers, and then lose your backup QB job to Tavaris Jackson?

26. toddm1016 says: Mar 6, 2013 9:03 AM

Raiders should let Palmer walk, start Pryor and bring Young in as the backup at the veteran’s minimum.

27. thetooloftools says: Mar 6, 2013 9:06 AM

If he’s really changed, I wish him well… if he’s still a diva 8itch, then it’s all lip service.

28. tincansailor981 says: Mar 6, 2013 9:06 AM

He’s old enough to have taken notice of the plight of prominent athletes who don’t properly manage their own finances. He should have paid attention and done all he could to avoid falling into the same financial abyss. He’s made and squandered more money in a very short period of time than the vast majority of us will make in our lifetime. I have no sympathy for him, nor any other of his ilk who chooses irresponsiblity over prudence and restraint.

Should he get another chance? If he can play, why not? If he does, then I hope he remembers this chapter in his life and not succumb to the sheer arrogance that all too often accompanies clelebrity .

29. thedownwardspiral says: Mar 6, 2013 9:08 AM

First step in recovering is admitting u have a problem. V crY is NOT admitting he has a problem.

30. abninf says: Mar 6, 2013 9:09 AM

His lack of identifying his own responsibility regarding his troubles and putting the blame on others shows he has not matured.

31. bartlettruss says: Mar 6, 2013 9:10 AM

I’m surprised he’s out of the league really. Last time I saw him play he seemed like a serviceable backup.

32. CKL says: Mar 6, 2013 9:11 AM

McNair? The multiple time drunk driver who cheated on his wife with the wrong woman and got killed over it? Yeah, that’s some role model. VY hasn’t done either of those two things yet that we know of.

VY made his bed and now he has to lie in it. And yes his play is part of why he has no job, not just off field stuff. Good for him for writing a letter to Fisher, maybe that’s a start. But he’s still making excuses for his own dumb decisions like the birthday party. His real role model, and I am serious should be Adam Jones. I give Jones a lot of credit. He was in deep and turned himself around. That’s really not that common.

33. outsiderj says: Mar 6, 2013 9:12 AM

He’s a “little bit” more mature? Give me a break, isn’t part of growing up accepting the blame for things you did wrong instead of blaming others?

Keep playing that victim card Vince, no one will buy it.

Still a turd.

34. delsj says: Mar 6, 2013 9:13 AM

Victim? Maybe he should do a PSA to help similar victims who are delivered a dump truck of cash and piss it away partying?

35. albertmn says: Mar 6, 2013 9:13 AM

So, apparently his Wonderlic score was accurate.

36. cowpiesnotcowboys says: Mar 6, 2013 9:14 AM

You’re deluding yourself Vince. Teams are willing to forgive off field transgressions if the production is there on field. Their real issues with you have to do with talent, attitude, and football IQ.

37. cowpiesnotcowboys says: Mar 6, 2013 9:16 AM

You should try out for Dallas – they like players with single digit Wonderlic scores.

38. joetoronto says: Mar 6, 2013 9:17 AM

Even Uncle Rico is smarter than Vince.

39. 1oldpro says: Mar 6, 2013 9:18 AM

Aparently, someone did fall off the turnip wagon last night.

40. shlort says: Mar 6, 2013 9:19 AM

Some people are victims. Some people let themselves become victims. Young let himself be a victim.

41. seabreezes51 says: Mar 6, 2013 9:21 AM

Young and dumb gets ya old and broke.
    What a waste of physical talent.

42. timb12 says: Mar 6, 2013 9:22 AM

Who is the bigger victim? Vince? Or Te’o? GO!

43. briggsweatbird says: Mar 6, 2013 9:26 AM

I quit reading after the first paragraph.

Vince Young is not relevant.

A comprable story might be about the back-up right guard at Dickenson State College who says he was victimized by his dentist, who told him he needed a crown when all he needed was a filling.

Poor guy.

I have three crowns just like that.

44. gotitan says: Mar 6, 2013 9:27 AM

VY the reason you are no longer in the NFL is your ruined the Titan’s locker room. Now no one wants you around other players after you divided our team and got Fish fired. Move on…

45. tmarlin1221 says: Mar 6, 2013 9:28 AM

He’s right, he was a victim. The university of Texas should’ve kicked him out of school the first semester of his first year. Allowing him to graduate gave this pea brain the chance to squander all of the money he never should’ve gotten in the first place.

46. delusionalcardsfan says: Mar 6, 2013 9:32 AM

Arizona should snagged him last year; anything I better than what we have.

47. mungman69 says: Mar 6, 2013 9:34 AM

Dream on, Dream Teamer.

48. polapea says: Mar 6, 2013 9:36 AM

The only thing he’s a victim of is having sunshine blown up his butt his entire life. Of course he was stupid enough to buy it.
    VY thought his athleticism was going to be enough in the NFL. Unfortunately for him there are other athletes just as good AND they work hard.

Now shut up and go away.

49. soobster says: Mar 6, 2013 9:42 AM

I still find it funny that Casserly got fired from the Texans for not drafting Young (or Bush) and drafting Mario Williams and it ended up being the best pick out of the 3.

50. 00reo says: Mar 6, 2013 9:45 AM

Nothing says maturity like blaming your problems on someone else.

51. ill42 says: Mar 6, 2013 9:45 AM

I love how he twice refers to himself as being a “little bit more mature”. I guess he doesn’t want to set the bar too high

52. melikefootball says: Mar 6, 2013 9:51 AM

Does Vince Young ever look back at what he says. Be a man you were your own downfall. Young listens to ESPN to much, still trying to force feed us he is a great QB.

53. thejohnsmith1122 says: Mar 6, 2013 9:54 AM

Is this the new excuse? Play the victim card…I guess it worked for Te’o then it must work for Young too.

In any case, being a victim and making bad choices are two completely different things. VY made BAD choices.

54. prmpft says: Mar 6, 2013 9:56 AM

well he’s living in the right country for sellin’ that load…

55. jags2daship says: Mar 6, 2013 10:05 AM

He might want to start thinking CFL or maybe arena football. Even though I wouldnt want him on my Jacksonville Sharks.

56. logast says: Mar 6, 2013 10:09 AM

Like all of those poor unfortunate people that signed loans for houses that they in no way shape or form could afford in the first place. (Heavy on the sarcasm).

Maybe you should have gotten a degree from Texas to fall back on, doorknob.

57. realninerfan22 says: Mar 6, 2013 10:13 AM

Yea he isn’t to bright… But he is 33-19 as a starter. Put him in that simple read option bs like kap and rg3.. The offense isnt hard to learn infact its very simple, pop warner been running these plays for years what kids lol.

58. franklamar says: Mar 6, 2013 10:16 AM

vince was young and he made alot of mistakes,something we all have done at some point in our life.i often wonder how i would have did things if i had millions at the age of 21,im sure i would have made mistakes because i made them when i was making 30,000 a year back in the day.The difference is my mistakes where not out there for every one to see like his where,so i get a pass.people need to stop acting like they are without fault it just happen that we did not get put on front street like he did.He may not be a star ,but he is better than alot of QBs in the nfl.He will be back.

59. kayakattack says: Mar 6, 2013 10:21 AM

It’s funny to look back and think to yourself, wow, he was considered the 3rd best player in his draft class. And Tennessee wonders why they are continually awful.

60. fairbanksflame says: Mar 6, 2013 10:24 AM

Sometimes the titles of these articles will make u go straight to the comments without even reading the article itself, smh… I don’t enjoy anything more than a good bashing, lol… Poor Vince, Forest Gump Dumb!!!

61. ccjcsr says: Mar 6, 2013 10:30 AM

Why is he even relevant, go back and be Mack Browns assistant at UT

62. harrisonhits2 says: Mar 6, 2013 10:32 AM

Is it possible the wonderlic test grader was wrong and he actually got a 0 ?

63. ccjcsr says: Mar 6, 2013 10:33 AM

Why is the Bleacher Report saying VY is throwing at UT’s Pro day?

64. canadianbucsfan says: Mar 6, 2013 10:34 AM

Excuses.. hey Vince, why don’t you bring your “talents” over here in Canada. Only chance of you getting a starting job. Your talent level is more suited for the CFL then the NFL.

65. jetsjetsjetsnow says: Mar 6, 2013 10:35 AM

Dumb (VY) & Dumber (The team that brings him into their locker room)….

The first step in any recovery program is taking 100% responsibility for your past actions.

Taking 100% ownership of your past mistakes in life is a litmus test and gauge for how you’ll take responsibility & handle leadership on the field & in the locker room.

66. sportnorcal says: Mar 6, 2013 10:37 AM

Blaming someone else and claiming to be the victim actually shows you HAVE NOT matured or grown any wiser, Vince.

67. dowhatifeellike says: Mar 6, 2013 10:37 AM

What, the $300,000 crack party didn’t take care of those feelings?

68. wasting083 says: Mar 6, 2013 10:38 AM

The only “victims” in this situation are the Titans and Eagles for giving him a chance,

69. mancave001 says: Mar 6, 2013 10:40 AM

Such a shame. He had the potential to be the next Cunningham or better. If he just had his head on straight and became a student of the game…what could have been.

70. mrphatal says: Mar 6, 2013 10:45 AM

VY,
    Go back to Houston where you can be the big man on Campus again and make it rain with the change you have in your pocket. 300,000 for a bday party? 4 real? U get what you deserve. Ps. I still owe u a punch in the face for the Dream Team comment..

–Eagles Fan

71. bigzant82 says: Mar 6, 2013 10:47 AM

come to cleveland your already better then a current Texas QB on the roster and you have a better arm and more athletic talent

72. steeelfann says: Mar 6, 2013 10:55 AM

VICTIM!!!!!!!! Never takes long for these types of guys.

Victim is the best position he has played in the NFL.

You would have to be outta your mind to put a blamer like this on your team.

73. steeelfann says: Mar 6, 2013 10:55 AM

Can’t fix dumb.

74. sixjak says: Mar 6, 2013 10:57 AM

It seems like the main thing Vince has learned is even dumber sounding excuses for why he’s a failure. When he finally comes to grips with how much he sucks at living life, then he may have a legitimate shot at redemption. He has my pity, nothing more.

75. rukkus1 says: Mar 6, 2013 10:57 AM

I raise 3 kids on my own with a 50k ish/yr salary. You blew 6 times that on 1 birthday party for your vein and retarded self.

Vince youngs existence is an insult to people like me.

76. ilovefoolsball says: Mar 6, 2013 11:00 AM

LOL

77. boogerhut says: Mar 6, 2013 11:06 AM

BAWAHHHHH! What was I to do? Poor doe eyed young man with all those bright lights! Then they just keep pouring money on me! Heaps an’ heap o’ money. I was smothering in it I tell you. I HAD to spend it so’s I could breathe. But now I am a little better. I have released the inner victim in me. I studied yoga to control my breathing. I can handle it now. Start pouring money on me, you’ll see I can take it now…

78. mj1818 says: Mar 6, 2013 11:10 AM

Does that include spending $10,000 a week at the Cheesecake Factory? Could’ve helped a lot of people instead of feeding 67 elephants each week at an mid-tier restaurant.

79. reesesteel23 says: Mar 6, 2013 11:16 AM

None of you know what really happened so…….lol

80. crisper57 says: Mar 6, 2013 11:18 AM

Wouldn’t expect anything less from a UT alum.

81. noring4youstill says: Mar 6, 2013 11:26 AM

So the Cheesecake Factory used you? No you’re a dumbass.

82. packerbackernj says: Mar 6, 2013 11:26 AM

The amount of money you have is X, the amount of money you spend is Y. When Y exceeds X, you have a problem. But then you take out $300,000 for a birthday party you feel you’re entitled to because everyone has kissed your rear your whole life, this gets you VY. I hope you end up poor, and in a shelter. You’re an embarrassment to anyone who has 1 year of college under their belt. I’ve met homeless people in NYC, who fell on tough times due to rough circumstances in life. I have paid for these people i met to a nice dinner and shelter in a cheap motel because its the least i can do. I am very compassionate to the human condition. But you deserve to be poor, but you never will. There will be some radio station, or local texas tv station that will hire you because of what you did in college. But i wish you no luck. Good riddance.

83. rokusaburo says: Mar 6, 2013 11:31 AM

I love the tangible viciousness, the schadenfreude that everyone is reveling in in tearing down Vince Young, telling him he’s not a victim, etc…

BUT, if this were Tebow, these same fanatical right wing posters would be apoplectic about how he’s mistreated, how he truly is a victim, how we attack Christians and all that other coded language– it basically comes down to “Tebow is a real ‘Murican cause he looks like me.”

84. truths4all says: Mar 6, 2013 11:33 AM

Of course he is a “victim” at the hands of others. What can he say?

If he admits it is all his fault, no NFL team will give Mr All Time Wonderlic another chance.

If he blames others, he is merely hoping there is a NFL team dumber than him.

If you can’t make it pleasing Andy Reid, you are not a NFL QB.

85. nothinbutathang says: Mar 6, 2013 11:42 AM

As the late and great John Belushi would say in the Blue’s Brothers:
    ” I over slept, got stuck in traffiic, my car ran out of gas, there was an earthquake, a tornado a hurricane, IT’S NOT MY FAULT !!!!!!!

86. 13chpshps says: Mar 6, 2013 11:44 AM

All is not lost, Vince. While blaming others for your predicament doesnt play well in the NFL, it is a prerequisite for the presidency. Vince/Titus, the Young brothers in 2016.

87. bigblue00 says: Mar 6, 2013 11:45 AM

The title of this article alone proves that he hasn’t grown up one bit.

88. 88ibis says: Mar 6, 2013 11:47 AM

Teams don’t want to sign victims who aren’t responsible for what happened to them.

Teams do want to sign guys who own their mistakes and accept responsibility.

He played this very poorly.

89. dollarbill247 says: Mar 6, 2013 12:02 PM

If I’m Marvin Lewis I sign him to a one year league minimum deal. I’m not convinced Dalton is the answer.

90. tomcous says: Mar 6, 2013 12:03 PM

Time to try a new position … VY is done as a QB … but he could be a scary TE if he really wanted to play in the NFL again. That is if he still has any legs to work with

91. officialgame says: Mar 6, 2013 12:04 PM

That comment from Vince Dumb says it all. Young was blessed with God given talent, never worked, and to this day can’t own up to his own mistakes.

92. hyerye says: Mar 6, 2013 12:06 PM

Sounds like his Va JJ is swollen

93. mj1818 says: Mar 6, 2013 12:18 PM

Reesesteel:

“None of you know what really happened so…….lol”

And you do? I think it’s public he spent $5000 a week at TE Cheesecake Factory and he spent $300,000 on a b day bash. We don’t need to know everything else, stupid decisions like this say it all about his character.

94. joewilliesshnoz says: Mar 6, 2013 12:24 PM

Is there a difference between being a Bust or a Bum ?

95. fahmundamahbalsaq says: Mar 6, 2013 12:29 PM

The CFL isn’t even knocking on his door. What’s that tell ya?? What a dumbass! There are some guys I feel bad about their situation. I couldn’t be happier to see this assmunch sqworming in his pants to get back in the league.

96. gaeaglefan1023 says: Mar 6, 2013 12:35 PM

Vince Young’s Facebook Page:

You have a friend request from Jamarcus Russell
    [Accept]

97. mhm0428 says: Mar 6, 2013 12:35 PM

Not sure if he was taken advantage of or not, I would probably say he wasn’t. This is a guy that makes bad decisions, the loan for the party is just one instance. He doesn’t have an NFL job because of his off field stuff he doesn’t have one because he isn’t that good. Nobody has more off field baggage then Mike Vick, but the Eagles think he can contribute so he has a team to play for. The fact that he was an early pick and compared to Steve McNair because of his skill set is something alot of teams do and probably something that Fisher thought he could do similar things with. The problem is while skill sets are similar it’s tought to measure someone’s desire or common sense. So Vince Young is currently unemployed because it would appear his desire to live up to his draft status wasn’t all that important to him and the repeated bad decisions he makes are red flags to teams who worry about basic common sense. Stop blaming others would be a good starting point to rebuilding his image.

98. boobsmcgoo says: Mar 6, 2013 12:36 PM

Purple Drank!…..oh wait, that was that other guy.

99. tipstopten says: Mar 6, 2013 12:41 PM

He just doesn’t get it!! Oh, I forgot he went to
    school at the University of Texas he did not
    have to do anything but show up.

100. donmcg2012 says: Mar 6, 2013 12:54 PM

“Bring him to camp and see what he has. Why not?”

We know what he has and what he hasn’t. He has maturity issues and he hasn’t got NFL talent.

101. freedomispopular says: Mar 6, 2013 12:56 PM

Sounds perfect as Sanchize’s backup.

102. brant76 says: Mar 6, 2013 12:58 PM

Yeah, he’s a victim allright, a victim of his own stupidity. That first Wonderlic score they leaked for him seems increasingly accurate with each time he speaks. Doubt he has a future in the NFL moving forward. As Ron White said you can fix a lot of things, but you can’t fix stupid.

103. drewsylvania says: Mar 6, 2013 1:02 PM

You took advantage of yourself, buddy. If there’s a problem, your responsibility is to not make it worse.

104. drjoemck says: Mar 6, 2013 1:03 PM

This poor fool seems confused about age & maturity. Getting older does not necessarily equate to becoming more mature. This guy doesn’t get it & may never get it.

105. granadafan says: Mar 6, 2013 1:17 PM

Shame on the “University” of Texas for admitting and allowing this illiterate imbecile to stay in school. If the university trustees had a modicum of self-respect they’d audit the football team and the classes players take or don’t take. Same goes with other schools *cough* SEC *cough* which really make a mockery of “student”- athletes.

106. sd4life says: Mar 6, 2013 1:24 PM

Can you imagine one of us in the”Real World” giving that excuse about money management and job performance. The last time I had a personal issue which might prevent me from performing at the highest level in my job, I spoke to my employer about it and communicated the issues, so we could all work together. Whatever happened to accountability? These guys are so out of touch, it’s sad. Not to mention taking a $300,000.00 loan out for a birthday party? Glad he is learning his lesson, I hope all the teams stay away from this guy. He will take the money and walk.

107. unlost1 says: Mar 6, 2013 1:27 PM

“he wants every team to understand that his off-field issues are behind him.” and they want him to understand his QB playing days are behind him!

108. louhudson23 says: Mar 6, 2013 1:27 PM

Unfortuantely,he sounds as disconnected from reality as ever.

109. eyezworld says: Mar 6, 2013 1:40 PM

Out of all these comments only a couple are about his on-filed play. His point exactly. how many of you all have a 2 time probowl quarterback on your favotite team? Smh. I think he deserves another shot.

110. humbletiger says: Mar 6, 2013 1:50 PM

If he had really grown up and become more mature, he would take accountability for his poor play and TERRIBLE financial mistakes, not continue telling people “I’m more mature, it wasn’t my fault.” Newsflash, Vince, owning up to your mistakes is a sign a maturity. Passing the blame is a sign of immaturity.

On the plus side, I can’t wait to see the documentary exploring “You know how all those athletes go broke after they retire — this guy managed to do it while still making good money.”

111. spikeintn says: Mar 6, 2013 2:23 PM

Bring the man into camp, and convert him into a tight end. He had great hands, and is big enough to block, and he can run.

112. pointwithinthecircle says: Mar 6, 2013 2:31 PM

This guy is a complete idiot. Any team who picks him up is equally as idiotic. We (Local Titans bill payers) saw this FOOL blow so much cash in bars before and after games, when he should have been staying humble. He didn’t even take Mc Nair’s advise and guidance. We haven’t forgotten how much you made the Titans clowns of the AFC. That’s why we ran you out of The Ville. Trick.

113. evansvc says: Mar 6, 2013 4:01 PM

Teams should take a serious look at quarterback Vince Young. He’s 6′-5″,.. healthy,.. mobile,.. has a strong arm,.. has playoff experience,.. a proven winner in the NFL (31-19) and plays at a high level…. You can’t go wrong by bringing this guy in for a TRYOUT….

114. agc99 says: Mar 6, 2013 9:19 PM

Vince needs to take some ownership for decisions he made. It’s not always someone else’s fault.

115. filthymcnasty1 says: Mar 6, 2013 9:42 PM

Sounds like he was the victim of an unscrupulous party planner.

116. dawglb says: Mar 6, 2013 11:31 PM

Pathetic. Insulting. Foolish.

117. packerbadger says: Mar 7, 2013 8:14 AM

“Look at me! Look at me! Look at me throw myself a $300,000 birthday party!” Well, we’re looking at you!

118. shkz4 says: Mar 7, 2013 1:30 PM

“So I’ve just got to clean up that mess, just to let teams know I’m a little bit more mature than I used to be, I’ve grown a whole lot, and I just want teams to understand that you’re getting a little bit more mature quarterback that understands the professionalism of the game.”

He’s a little bit more mature, well, that solves everything. Come on Vince, face it your career is over. Find a different career.

119. greenmtnboy31 says: Mar 7, 2013 6:40 PM

Ahhh, playing the victim card, while trying to convince people that you’ve matured.

Was it also someone else’s fault that you are a complete idiot and representative of where most pro athletes would be if they could not bounce, throw or hit a ball ?

120. lennydpocketqb says: Mar 7, 2013 7:58 PM

Oh man… Cheesecake Factory makes the best cheesecakes. Mmmmmm…

121. 52lightsxout52 says: Mar 7, 2013 8:05 PM

It was ‘the man’…don’t you understand???…

122. immafubared says: Mar 10, 2013 2:48 PM

He surrounded himself with hangers on’ s who helped him squander his money by telling him how great he was.
    He just wasn’t smart enough to play the game. Pro defenses were cruel on his mind and that’s the end game.
    He is smart enough to at least not admit how stupid he was as a player on the field.

123. ashoreinhawaii says: Mar 10, 2013 9:31 PM

No sympathy. The NFL has orientation about being taken advantage, money, and what not.
    You never get points by claiming to be a victim.

124. whatjusthapped says: Mar 10, 2013 9:46 PM

No doubt the same people that took advantage of him forced Vince to go to strip clubs and take swings at the bouncers too. The power they must have is so vast as to render Vince a mere puppet.

125. rukkus1 says: Mar 11, 2013 4:21 PM

I wanna see vince line up at fullback! I wanna see him lower his head on some 300 pounders! Maybe thatll knock some sense into him

126. chainbuzz says: Mar 11, 2013 11:53 PM

C’mon. Vince is black, you know he’s been taken advantage of. Nothing is his fault. He should be the starter for the Baltimore Ravens making Flacco’s money.

127. oneseasonedvet says: Mar 13, 2013 2:32 AM

Vince deserves a fresh start on some team, compare his winning percentage against the majority of the starters at qb in the league.