Tebow: I don’t know where I’m going, but I know what’s guiding me

Tebow AP

Jets (for now) quarterback Tim Tebow has kept a fairly low profile this offseason, but he did appear at a speaking engagement on Saturday, saying he’s not worried about his football future.

Tebow, who is expected to be released by the Jets at some point this offseason, told a crowd in North Naples, Florida, that he thinks God will guide him to the right place.

I may not know where I’m going next, but I know what’s guiding me,” Tebow said, via WPTV.

Tebow compared his current situation to being in high school and trying to decide between attending Florida and Alabama. Tebow said he prayed for guidance on that decision and didn’t get the answer he was seeking.

“That sounded like a great idea. So I prayed for the answer to come by morning. I woke up and I had no idea what school to go to,” Tebow said.

There is, of course, a big difference between Tebow’s situation as a high schooler and his situation now: When Tebow was picking a college, he had his choice among multiple suitors. This year, he may not have any team interested in him at all.

Permalink 68 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
68 Responses to “Tebow: I don’t know where I’m going, but I know what’s guiding me”
  1. nyyjetsknicks says: Mar 11, 2013 2:57 PM

Hearing imaginary voices? Sounds like someone needs to see a shrink and get some medicine.

2. cmarsh64 says: Mar 11, 2013 2:57 PM

Maybe to Raiders could use him, a little divine intervention is desperately needed in L.A.!

3. filthymcnasty1 says: Mar 11, 2013 2:58 PM

He’s being guided by Rex Ryan’s boot.

4. misterchainbluelightning says: Mar 11, 2013 2:58 PM

I know what’s guiding you too Tim, ignorance

5. chawk12thman says: Mar 11, 2013 2:59 PM

Tough spot…..He will likely be in the CFL or out of football just a year removed from taking a team to the playoffs. Tough business.

6. stainlessstill says: Mar 11, 2013 3:00 PM

Give it up, Teabag.

7. noahbird says: Mar 11, 2013 3:02 PM

Tebow: I know what’s guiding me.

Me: Yeah, me too… It’s called money. You dumb-ass. Jesus would hate you. Ha

8. robolundgren says: Mar 11, 2013 3:02 PM

Yeah, I love my GPS device too.

9. ccjcsr says: Mar 11, 2013 3:02 PM

Urban Meyer could use some help at Ohio State

10. kaeperdicking says: Mar 11, 2013 3:03 PM

Its largely not his fault, but if didn’t come with a circus in tow he would make an interesting #3 for some team. Or an interesting HB/FB if he were willing to switch positions. He is worth more of a look than what the Jets gave him, especially given how awful Sanchez was. In their defense, the play calling was horrid as well. And the supporting cast.

11. awareness18 says: Mar 11, 2013 3:03 PM

Classiest guy in the league. GREAT role model!!!

12. edithpiaf51 says: Mar 11, 2013 3:04 PM

Why is everyone being so unkind to Tebow? alittle kindness goes a long way. maybe if all of us were a little kinder and had God on our side, this world would be a better place. I pray Tebow is guided in the right direction and if it is not by an NFL team than by a Canadian team. I hope someone gives this guy a chance.

13. datsawfu says: Mar 11, 2013 3:05 PM

Sounds like he’s going up yonder…

14. rxv5854 says: Mar 11, 2013 3:05 PM

Tebow and ray Lewis will be in the same place next year. They can swap jesus stories.

15. buzzbeaubank says: Mar 11, 2013 3:05 PM

Maybe you’d have a job if Jesus would guide a pass or two at someone’s hands.

16. grantgoodman93 says: Mar 11, 2013 3:06 PM

Tim Tebow is not ignorant. He has press conferences and speaking engagements just like anyone else and has a deep faith. He doesn’t talk more than your average player. I can’t believe the hate, what has he done? He got traded to a franchise who guinea pigged him and he hasn’t said a snide remark yet. Cut it out

17. cooklynn17 says: Mar 11, 2013 3:07 PM

Hey Tim, in all honesty why don’t you just zip it for a change?

Because I’m pretty sure when Jesus was dying on the cross he wasn’t thinking about your sorry football career. I mean really, I have faith in God, great, you still can’t play football.

18. ytownjoe says: Mar 11, 2013 3:07 PM

Tim Tebow is a good man. Why so many speak harshly about him is a mystery.

He will do good things in life. He seems at peace with himself.

19. edithpiaf51 says: Mar 11, 2013 3:07 PM

chawk12thman says: Mar 11, 2013 2:59 PM

you are so right. he gets released by the Broncos after briniing them to the playoffs winning more playoff games than Peyton. he was released because Peyton did not want him and neither did John Elway or John Fox because they wanted to make Peyton happy.

20. bgoochy says: Mar 11, 2013 3:08 PM

He’s going to need to learn how to play TE.

21. cardmagnet says: Mar 11, 2013 3:09 PM

What’s guiding him is a candy arm, garbage throwing motion, and a strong reputation as not being an NFL quarterback.

22. dublindemonszfl says: Mar 11, 2013 3:12 PM

Open spot at Fullback most likely.

23. andylucksneck says: Mar 11, 2013 3:12 PM

Tebow is still in the league?

24. faithful209er says: Mar 11, 2013 3:13 PM

Niners’ 3rd QB!! Dead serious. Fills in for crazy plays at all sorts of positions, learns how to throw from Harbaugh, Roman, and Chryst. (That’s Geep Chryst, 49ers QB coach, but take it however lol)

Look at what they did for ALEX FREAKING SMITH!! Tebow will be a legit QB after a couple camps in Santa Clara.

25. thegreatgabbert says: Mar 11, 2013 3:15 PM

Tim prayed for guidance, and the best he can tell you at this point is that his next destination will be near green pastures and quiet waters. Somewhere on the other side of the valley of darkness.

26. viper0290 says: Mar 11, 2013 3:16 PM

Guiding him all the way to the CFL

27. ajgreenhof says: Mar 11, 2013 3:17 PM

I just can’t stand this guy. How about using your damn brain.

28. nyyjetsknicks says: Mar 11, 2013 3:19 PM

awareness18 says:
    Mar 11, 2013 3:03 PM
    Classiest guy in the league. GREAT role model!!!

__________________

Tebow: What do you mean I’m not the starting qb? That’s not fair! I’m taking my ball (running the wildcat) and going home!

29. edithpiaf51 says: Mar 11, 2013 3:31 PM

nyyjetsknicks says: Mar 11, 2013 3:19 PM

awareness18 says:
    Mar 11, 2013 3:03 PM
    Classiest guy in the league. GREAT role model!!!

__________________

wasn’t it the jets who decided to release tebow? also remember it was the jets who left him on the bench and rarely used him for the wildcat because rex ryan has an attachment to sanchez

30. blackngold4life says: Mar 11, 2013 3:38 PM

Browns or the Canadian League for a few years

31. cubancigar10 says: Mar 11, 2013 3:45 PM

Hope it works out for him.

32. hyzers says: Mar 11, 2013 3:49 PM

He’s going to be elected legislator for some unenlightened state down south or the head of a tax-exempt mega church, book it.

33. bdickey33 says: Mar 11, 2013 3:52 PM

I honestly wouldn’t mind him on the Vikings. He isn’t worse than Joe Webb and there aren’t many other options out there that I would rather have to win a game. If you have to play “gimmicky” that is fine for a backup QB. I don’t really care if so and so can throw the back “more pure” that Tebow. Tebow would give almost any team a better chance to win than any available QB in free agency right now.

34. rg3thetruth says: Mar 11, 2013 3:52 PM

One of the most Godly men you will ever meet. Hope he can catch on somewhere. Good to have this man as a role model for kids and adults alike.

35. eja642 says: Mar 11, 2013 3:54 PM

I know what’s guiding him too.

His management. They’re gonna get him wherever they can expand the Tebow brand by exposing him to the most people willing to pay attention. Once he’s there they’ll go to great lengths to protect his look-but-don’t-touch sex symbol status. Remember backstage at Rock of Ages?

He’s the Britney Spears of football, and he’s on tour.

36. jaywebbsb says: Mar 11, 2013 3:59 PM

hahaha I am so glad the circus has left Denver!

37. awdlmd says: Mar 11, 2013 4:00 PM

This time he’s praying about whether to chose Canada or Arena.

38. shkz4 says: Mar 11, 2013 4:00 PM

____________________

They’re in Oakland, far away from LA, and yes, they could do with a little divine intervention.

39. mvp43 says: Mar 11, 2013 4:04 PM

He’s obviously a guy with much bigger plans than playing football. The reality is that in order for him to best carry out his ultimate plan of preaching the good word, he’ll need money. I’m sure he’ll be able to make quite a bit on speaking engagements, but NFL money is big and he’d be stupid not to consider that when he’s asked to change positions.

40. hagigun says: Mar 11, 2013 4:08 PM

Real role models live in reality and understand the work it takes to be great. They should be guiding kids the same way and passing on that message.

Telling kids God has a factor in the outcome removes them from responsibility and accountability. That is NOT a role model for children.

Until Tim can prove God has a hand in this, he should keep his beliefs to himself. If he wants to keep proposing a god is helping, we should be allowed to question and ask for evidence.

41. joejacks says: Mar 11, 2013 4:08 PM

Tebow would be a good RB in NFL. Steelers could use him as such and also have him do some HB tosses. Classy guy to classiest team.

42. mungman69 says: Mar 11, 2013 4:11 PM

Strange days have found us.

43. pb420 says: Mar 11, 2013 4:14 PM

Still better than Sanchez. The sorry Jets organization doesn’t deserve to have him on their roster. I’ll bet most of the haters are fans of teams that he pummeled in college or are sorry jets fans who are bitter in life as they should be.

44. henson58 says: Mar 11, 2013 4:15 PM

I don’t know where I’m going
    but I sure know where I’ve been hanging on the promises of songs of yesterday. I’ve made up my mind I ain’t wasting no more time
    HERE I GO AGAIN ON MY OWN

45. thegreatgabbert says: Mar 11, 2013 4:22 PM

How about Denver? They need a quarterback to take them deeper into the playoffs.

46. regisphilbin says: Mar 11, 2013 4:23 PM

One more reason to LOVE David Caldwell!! First week on the job he squashed the TT to Jax speculation “even if released.” 12 months ago more than 50% of these 40+ comments would have be a “near certainty” that he was headed to Jax.

47. tlmoon2112 says: Mar 11, 2013 4:25 PM

@hagigun – Ive got a better idea, why dont you prove that God doesn’t exist?

Until you can prove He doesn’t exist, we reserve the right to “freedom of religion”…not freedom FROM religion.

48. canadianbucsfan says: Mar 11, 2013 4:27 PM

The great lord is bringing you to the CFL my friend..

49. bigbluenoser says: Mar 11, 2013 4:41 PM

He should go to Oakland because all he does is “just win baby”.

50. upperdecker19 says: Mar 11, 2013 4:45 PM

Thought he was being guided to Rome for the Papal conclave.

51. bonniebengal says: Mar 11, 2013 5:03 PM

I wish him the best and I hope somebody gives him a shot. He’s good enough to have won an NFL playoff game, which is more than a lot of QBs have done.

52. cuda1234 says: Mar 11, 2013 5:13 PM

And what kind of appearance money did Tebow collect this weekend? Why isn’t that in the story?

53. edithpiaf51 says: Mar 11, 2013 5:21 PM

Why is it when a player like Tebow is an outspoken christian people have issues but if he were muslim or another religion, it would be ok? our constitution says freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. please be fair to Tebow and someone should give him a chance. remember he did win more playoff games than Peyton Manning

54. EJ says: Mar 11, 2013 5:32 PM

I bet Tebow would be a damn good running back.

55. EJ says: Mar 11, 2013 5:33 PM

Tebow and Willis McGahee are built the same way. I am willing to bet that Tebow is the faster one of the two. Move to RB Tim.

56. bobbyhoying says: Mar 11, 2013 5:42 PM

So unclean spirits who rebelled against God, also hate Tim Tebow because he follows Christ God, and manifest that hatred through posters all over the internet. Tell me something I don’t know.

57. monkeyredandsmiley says: Mar 11, 2013 6:01 PM

Please Edith stop making comments that sound educated and responsible. You forget where you are.

58. clu1perceiver says: Mar 11, 2013 6:10 PM

One of the things which is universally said about Tebow is that he is a poor practice player. What, if anything, has he done to over come this shortcoming? I would think that Tebow is smart enough to understand this and take positive action to improve. So far he remains aloof from the idea that he may not be doing all he can to become a NFL QB.

59. ridgeavenuehr says: Mar 11, 2013 6:12 PM

Bring Tim Tebow where he belongs-Pittsburgh, the city of champions!

60. mungman69 says: Mar 11, 2013 7:09 PM

A role model? Thanks that my father wasn’t like him. My father was real.

61. ialdrich1214 says: Mar 11, 2013 9:44 PM

My fins should sign him, as a waterboy.

62. 11thstreetmafia says: Mar 11, 2013 10:05 PM

Tim Tebow is still around?

63. snowdogbilly says: Mar 11, 2013 10:47 PM

Yawn. We get it Tebow. You are more devout than most of us. Do you ever miss an opportunity to give a Jebus quote?

64. jets4gold says: Mar 12, 2013 12:49 AM

what more can you expect from a guy? this guy has the best attitude you look for in a player. as a huge jets fan Tebow doesn’t what NY did to him. I really hope he gets another shot. All he does is win

65. xjokerz says: Mar 12, 2013 6:26 AM

Is he talking about Casper

66. lrjets says: Mar 12, 2013 7:16 AM

Love how Raider and Dolphin wins are giving advice about winning.
    It’s like Bernie Madoff running an investment seminar.

67. hatersnightmare says: Mar 12, 2013 7:28 AM

Some of the comments I read on here are the dumbest rudest and most ignorant things I’ve heard. New York Jets fans got to be the most dumbest ignorant fans in the NFL.

68. lrjets says: Mar 12, 2013 9:50 AM

hatersnightmare says:Mar 12, 2013 7:28 AM

In the spirit of assisting you in your challenged reading comprehension, the bashing did not come from Jets fans.
    Try again. Slowly.