Anquan Boldin: I had no clue I would be traded, it was shocking

Super Bowl XLVII - Baltimore Ravens v San Francisco 49ers Getty Images

After learning he had been traded from the Ravens to the 49ers, receiver Anquan Boldin pronounced himself shocked.

Boldin, who had previously said he was sure the Ravens were the last NFL team he would play for, told ESPN he never saw the trade to the 49ers coming.

You know, for me it was an initial shock because I had no clue that I was going to be traded,” Boldin said. “So for me, it was shocking at first, but I mean it, for me it is also a good thing. You know, when I look at the organization and what they’re about, and as a football team, the talent that they have, I think it’s a good, good place for me to be.”

Boldin said he enjoyed the time he spent in Baltimore and has no hard feelings.

“My time with the Ravens has been great. For me, I’m very thankful for all the support of the fans. I’m very thankful for the organization, the things that they’ve done for me and my family. It’s been a great locker room. You know, I was brought to Baltimore to win a championship and, you know, we were able to do that, so I feel accomplished. I definitely don’t feel like I’ve left anything behind as far as on the football field in Baltimore, but there’s a lot of great people that I am going to miss. You know, for me, it’s a little bittersweet because, you know, I always thought that Baltimore would be my last stop. I gave my all to the city, so I don’t have any regrets from that part. You know, sometimes the business part of this, of football, you don’t let things end the way that you want it to.”

Still, Boldin is ready to move on and continue his career with the 49ers.

“You know, it’s cool,” Boldin said. “Like I said, you know, to be where San Francisco is and was, you know, the team that we played in the Super Bowl, a team that’s very close, a team that I feel like is on the cusp and hopefully I can go there and help them achieve the goals they have in mind.”

If Boldin had to leave Baltimore, it could have been a lot worse than leaving one Super Bowl team for the other.

Permalink 78 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Top Stories
78 Responses to “Anquan Boldin: I had no clue I would be traded, it was shocking”
  1. everton422 says: Mar 12, 2013 11:12 AM

Future drinking game for any press conference featuring Boldin… Take a shot every time he says “You know.”

2. trademarkelane says: Mar 12, 2013 11:13 AM

He’s more shocked he got traded for next to nothing.

3. themagicman1223 says: Mar 12, 2013 11:13 AM

The NFC West is going to be amazing, I’m excited for the Season. Seattle and the 49ers will be great competition.

4. thebrownswillalwaysloose says: Mar 12, 2013 11:14 AM

A tough player and a class act. It almost seems funny now that this man was considered a Diva due to his riff with former Cardinals coordinator Todd Haley. We know who that was on now don’t we? that Psycho Haley!

5. grandpoopah says: Mar 12, 2013 11:16 AM

I think he’s going to get another ring this year.

6. ill42 says: Mar 12, 2013 11:17 AM

I wonder what he would have said if he got traded to the Vikes

7. bigbenownsthenfl says: Mar 12, 2013 11:17 AM

The ravens could of afforded to keep Boldin, but their front office is so bad they couldn’t get the job done! Incompetence is a tough thing to overcome. Especially when its in your front office. Looking at you Ozzie. You’re definitely no Colbert!

8. jarvis1104 says: Mar 12, 2013 11:17 AM

Boldin always scared me much more than Smith when the Ravens played the Steelers. He’s so physical. Boldin, Crabtree, and Davis means you can’t play bump and run against SF. Scary.

9. boogerhut says: Mar 12, 2013 11:17 AM

New drinking game. Slam a beer every time Boldin says “You know”, or “For me”. You’ll be faced in seconds flat.

10. themagicman1223 says: Mar 12, 2013 11:18 AM

This just makes the Rivalry that much better.

11. ravenator says: Mar 12, 2013 11:19 AM

Wish you all the best Boldin. Oz and Co. will do what they always do and put a winning product on the field. The only team to make the playoffs 5 years in a row tells me nothing will change. Ravens are truly the model of consistency. Cheers!

12. EJ says: Mar 12, 2013 11:19 AM

It seems that the same few teams in the league are usually the only ones to sign big name players. San Francisco, New England, Seattle, Dallas, Denver and Baltimore.

13. phelbin says: Mar 12, 2013 11:20 AM

Welcome to San Francisco, Anquan. We’re glad to have you!!

14. cmdrsmooth says: Mar 12, 2013 11:21 AM

Wow. U add are is to this team and they will be completely unstoppable. Dolphins may have to start making room for another undefeated team.

15. cfeeley52 says: Mar 12, 2013 11:21 AM

Baltimore still loves you Q, you’re a class act…

16. andrejohnsonforpresident says: Mar 12, 2013 11:21 AM

Thats what happens when you have the leagues best fullback signed that way. A long with a top 3 paid rb I believe. Flacco also doesn’t help. It’s an interesting strategy though. Boldin is more of a sb now guy cause of his age. (could be wrong but its logic). Ravens got a decent out and they’ll still be competitive. Most likely. Mcckenny needs to take a pay cut too. Dudes not gonna get big money anywhere.

17. tdl8 says: Mar 12, 2013 11:22 AM

Boldin is full of it! They asked him to take a pay cut and he refused. This is the NFL and everybody knows what happens if you don’t take a pay cut…You get cut or traded! He is chasing the money and got lucky to go to SF because he will probably get another ring or 2 there before they cut him for being too greedy!

18. truesportseye says: Mar 12, 2013 11:23 AM

This is a great acquisition for the 49ers. Im not going to crown them but this team is looking very scary.

19. ajgreenshands says: Mar 12, 2013 11:28 AM

I’ve always been a fan of Anquan. Would have loved to see him in Cincy, but glad to see him out of the division. He’s a beast. That loss hurt you bad, Baltimore – no way you can deny that.

20. jordan468 says: Mar 12, 2013 11:28 AM

Now stick to your guns and retire. Show the man who’s boss!

21. jamaltimore says: Mar 12, 2013 11:32 AM

Quan we loved you as a raven and thanks for the memories. Good luck in san Fran and when you contract expires next year come back to bmore to play for the wining harbaugh in 2014.

22. raidmagic says: Mar 12, 2013 11:33 AM

That’s a great trade, you know, for the 49ers, you know. I didn’t, you know, see this coming. I think, you know, Joe Flacco and, you know, the Ravens are going to, you know, regret letting him go….you know

23. scoonie97 says: Mar 12, 2013 11:35 AM

He’s better off anyway. It’s close, but I’d rather live in San Francisco than Baltimore.

San Fran has sea lions down by the piers, where Baltimore has dead bodies down in the inner harbor.

24. barbasol11111111 says: Mar 12, 2013 11:36 AM

Love q, but guy couldn’t beat man coverage to save his life

Kaepernick is not known for throwing receivers open, like flacco could

No coincidence that boldin played the best he ever did with the raven in the playoffs, it coincided with flaccos historic run

If the play calling and O line are priorities, they’ll be fine

I’d be going hard at danario Alexander if I were Ozzie

SB champs praise jah

25. tjrogers09 says: Mar 12, 2013 11:36 AM

As a true Raven’s fan I’m baffled by this move… Nothing but love for you Q! I at least got the pleasure to watch you score all over opponents at M&T for your 3 years…

This move will only make sense if we pick up Greg Jennings to replace our #1 WR. Good luck in San Fran!

I guess we’re dealing with some brotherly love here…

26. lackofabetter says: Mar 12, 2013 11:40 AM

He’s just as shocked as he was when the Ravens won the super bowl.

27. endzonepete says: Mar 12, 2013 11:40 AM

Dear John,

Hey Bro, since you won the Superbowl how about you do me a solid and send me Boldin? Since you beat me I have been having confidence and performance issues and since that’s really all your doing, I’m just gonna give you a 6th round pick.

Thanks Big Brother,

Love Jim

28. SAV says: Mar 12, 2013 11:43 AM

How about….

“I’d like to thank the Ravens for trading me to a great team and not jettisoning me to a non-playoff caliber team which they certainly could have done. Now Ill have an up and coming QB to put the last pieces in place for me to potentially get to the HOF one day.”

29. ravenmuscle says: Mar 12, 2013 11:46 AM

Great move Ozzie….Colbert dumped Hines Ward…all three of their running backs….James Harrison…and Polamalu is next. The Steelers are a joke and will be lucky to win more than 3 or 4 games for the next ten years.

Lets see Casey Hampton and Keisel will be next and Lamarr Woodley is 300 pounds and LAZY…Ozzie would have NEVER had palyers like them on the Ravens’ roster. The Super Bowl feeling is soooo sweet….AND Dick Lebeau is crying in his milk. Lebeau couldn’t coach a pee wee football team.

30. annes22 says: Mar 12, 2013 11:55 AM

If Flacco had taken less money, Boldin could have been signed back. He doesn’t deserve that stupid money, just wait till next season and see who the big receiver is next time. Boldin helped him out time after time, but he goes somewhere now where he has a big chance to get another Super Bowl ring.
    6th round pick, amazing that’s all it took. Must be the 2 brothers doing a deal.

31. nananatman says: Mar 12, 2013 11:55 AM

The man is a great receiver, I’m obligated to hate him as a Giants fan, it isn’t personal but the hatred will commence 3, 2, 1 and I hate you.

32. crownofthehelmet says: Mar 12, 2013 12:04 PM

I guess that Ravens For Life stuff ran its course.

33. patriotenvy says: Mar 12, 2013 12:04 PM

Flacco’s advise make sense to you now? Can you say back stab? He got his big contract.

34. logicailvoicesays says: Mar 12, 2013 12:06 PM

Boldin obviously doesn’t even want to try to play in another Super Bowl because by moving to the NFC the best he can hope for is a loss to the Redskins in the NFC championship game.

35. tungo0516 says: Mar 12, 2013 12:12 PM

As a Chiefs fan, it really sucks to see a team be so good at EVERYTHING in the span of 2 years!

The 49ers will contend for years, all because of good drafting, good personnel decisions and good coaching.

A few years ago with Mike Singletary and Mike Nolan, they were essentially the joke of the NFL. Now they’re at the top.

I’ve give my left testicle for my Chiefs to sniff what the 49ers are sniffing.

36. fuglyflorio says: Mar 12, 2013 12:16 PM

Guess this means he’s out of football … cause he was a ‘Raven for life’, and swore he’d retire otherwise. Unless he’s just a liar.

37. orangandblack says: Mar 12, 2013 12:19 PM

It seems like there’s a lot of Ravens fans complaining already. Jesus, you just won’t the flipping Super Bowl last month!

38. wolfmagic2012 says: Mar 12, 2013 12:21 PM

Boldin’s a Beast. What I would give to have him in DC…

39. mountaingirl39 says: Mar 12, 2013 12:26 PM

Steeler fans, stop interjecting ridiculous opinions, your heading into your 40 years slump, just go away.
    As for Boldin, he wanted the money and wouldn’t negotiate. You all blame Flacco and his cap but it’s only $6mil. Take a look at Ngata and Suggs cap $$, I don’t see anyone complaining about that. ($11 and $13 mil)
    Ravens will be fine. Everyone flipped when Mason, Heap and McGhee were dropped and that only made us stronger.

GO RAVENS!

40. bradx1975 says: Mar 12, 2013 12:29 PM

Last 5 years (total wins/championships):

Ravens: 63(1)
    Pats: 63(0)
    Green Bay: 58(1)
    Pitt: 58(1)
    Atlanta: 57(0)
    N.O.: 56(1)
    NYG: 52(1)
    Indy: 51(0)

Ozzie & Co. are clearly outmatched and overwhelmed.

41. filmex2000 says: Mar 12, 2013 12:34 PM

Flacco is the highest paid QB in the NFL, and the Ravens can’t come up with $6 million to keep Boldin?? What insanity.

The Ravens would never have gotten through the playoffs without Boldin, so it will be fun to watch Flacco return to earth now that Q’s not around to turn nothing into something.

We here in Cardinals Land still mourn the loss of Q. When we had Fitzgerald and Boldin, we were a SuperBowl team. The Cards refused to pay him, and have never been the same since.

As late as last year, the Cards squandered their first round pick on Michael Floyd, mediocre receiver out of Notre Dame, still trying to rectify the mistake of letting Q go.

As it is, we watched Boldin help lead the Ravens to the SuperBowl, while Floyd ending up on the side of a milk carton, with the other missing children. Q plays the position like a man amongst boys. We realized that when he had his face shattered, and was back out there playing a week later.

42. bobonmycob says: Mar 12, 2013 12:39 PM

Sux for you Boldin. Now you have a team with a runningback as quarterback and very limited throwing skills. Boldin is not going to be happy especially in San Fran… the worst place in cali to live. Socal all the way Boldin sorry bro.

43. lolo376 says: Mar 12, 2013 12:44 PM

He should thank Joe Flacco, he’s the one who told him to stick to his guns on contract negotiations, now he’s gone lol

44. ppdoc13 says: Mar 12, 2013 12:48 PM

Thanks Anquan for be oming the best wr in raven us. You’ved earned every dime and exert accolade. We true Baltimore’ers appreciate all your work. Thank you

45. howitzer819 says: Mar 12, 2013 12:50 PM

You know, for me, you know, it was most shocking that, you know, Anquan Boldin, you know, said “you know” like, you know, 140 times in this interview… You know?

46. thelongestgoodbye says: Mar 12, 2013 12:56 PM

Congrats the the 49’ers you are getting a great possession receiver who will make some huge holes for your backs and Kap.

I am sorry to see him go. However, everyone blaming Flacco for this clearly isn’t paying attention to reality. His cap number this year is under 7 million. The two cap killers this year are Suggs and Ngata and their need to sign Ellerbe and all their draft picks.

It’s a loss and it will hurt, no doubt, but the cap is what makes football so much more entertaining then baseball.

47. sudz28 says: Mar 12, 2013 12:58 PM

Can’t blame Boldin for refusing a pay cut; he’s at least as responsible for the Ravens playoff run and Super Bowl win as Flacco is… Flacco gets a big pay raise, and the Ravens want to cut Boldin’s pay? I’d be pissed too.

48. ottograham says: Mar 12, 2013 1:02 PM

RAVENMUSCLE is officially the toughest and most logical guy on profootballtalk.

Grow up and focus on your own squad. If Ben is healthy he will ball. If Flacco is healthy he will ball. Instead of drowning everyone in Steeler hate consider the competition that arises now that Ben and Joe are the leaders in this division. Reed is possibly heading there too. You guys lost a lot of talent as well this off season, but have the hardware to compensate. Both teams are going through a phase of new names and the ending of eras.
    However Ozzie definitely did Boldin dirty by not communicating with him as a veteran playmaker. Granted that is the business of the NFL. I expect nothing less from the REAL Browns organization.

49. hempoilcures says: Mar 12, 2013 1:04 PM

Where is the league on this deal? Obviously a ‘sweetheart’ deal…how many teams would have given up a 4th for him? A 3rd? But SF get’s him for a 6th? This league is getting more corrupt than Wall Street. Commish….why aren’t you sticking your nose in this one? Could it be that these 2 teams are now ‘above’ the law because ?????

50. bradx1975 says: Mar 12, 2013 1:11 PM

Or…just maybe…when you know a team is going to cut a guy, the motivation to offer a whole lot via a trade goes bye-bye?

51. jg725 says: Mar 12, 2013 1:18 PM

“tdl8 says:Mar 12, 2013 11:22 AM

The Ravens are idiots for giving Flacco that much money because they can’t afford to keep anybody else! Now they will be stuck in the AFC cellar with the Browns for years to come! I hope they all enjoy that ONE ring because that is all they will ever get!”

Actually have 2 already……

52. filthymcnasty1 says: Mar 12, 2013 1:20 PM

At some point, everyone moves on from Baltimore. Even the Colts did.

53. jiggy3198 says: Mar 12, 2013 1:23 PM

Tdl8 your a moron who knows nothing. Flacco counts 6 mill against cap this year and 14 next year. And only one Super Bowl last time I checked we have as many superbowls since 2000 as any team but the patriots. Your an idiot

54. ravensallday2012 says: Mar 12, 2013 1:26 PM

All u idiots that keep saying flaccos contract please look it up. He’s getting paid 6 million towards the cap. Boldin would bar made more money this year toward the cap then flacco. Please know why ur talking about

55. thetooloftools says: Mar 12, 2013 1:27 PM

Good things my Browns didn’t go after him with TONS of cap space and a real need at WR.

56. ravenator says: Mar 12, 2013 1:28 PM

Where is the league on this deal? Seriously, you think there’s collusion going on? You know what, let’s just banish all trades between the 49ers and Ravens because if executed, everyone will assume the brothers are working together. That’s them ost rediculous thing I’ve heard all day. In fact, the Vikings offered a 7th rd pick so clearly Boldin , his age, his lack of seperation speed, and a $6m cap hit was not worth it to a lot of teams. Quit hating on the best front office in the league.

57. swagger52 says: Mar 12, 2013 1:28 PM

Ozzie and I know…
    If Anquan is on the field, other better, younger players that could be better are not. So the 49ers don’t have a stacked bench at Wide Receiver, the Ravens do. It is a bit of a gamble, but it is also a gamble to stay the same in the NFL.

I would have done the same thing. And looks like Ozzie agrees.

My priorities:
    Flacco – A must sign
    Ellerbe – A must sign
    Reed – A must sign just to keep him playing/coaching in Baltimore
    Boldin – A nice to have, but may actually detract.
    McKinnie – A must if at the right amount.
    Kruger – See ya

So now the worm will turn and the winds will soon change…Free Agents who want to win in Baltimore signing with Baltimore.

58. swagger52 says: Mar 12, 2013 1:32 PM

I will remember Anquan for the last block to have Ray Rice get the first down on 4th and 29. Boldin was such a Baltimore Raven.

I will also remember him for all the catches that he made, even though interference should have been called against the defense. He caught balls when defenders were hanging on him and face shielding him.

I miss Anquan and I wish him the best, just not when he is playing the Ravens.

59. barbasol11111111 says: Mar 12, 2013 1:33 PM

Before that SB run everyone complained he was underperforming for five years (he was)

Now he’s Calvin Johnson 2.0

Lol

60. unlost1 says: Mar 12, 2013 1:43 PM

It’s doubtful we see a 49ers/ravens super bowl rematch, but if there is, SanFran wins it now. Boldin knows Baltimore.

61. 4ever9er says: Mar 12, 2013 1:46 PM

@hempoilcures says:Mar 12, 2013 1:04 PM…
    Stop your whining, Ravens were going to release Boldin and get nothing, the 9ers gave them a late round pick. No Harm No Foul!

@tdl8 says:Mar 12, 2013 11:22 AM….
    He actually thought he would be released not traded, he’s not being greedy, why should he take a pay cut? He’s still a good player and it’s doubtful that the Ravens will be in the cellar with the Browns for years to come…

@crownofthehelmet says:Mar 12, 2013 12:04 PM…
    Seriously?? They traded him, should he turn down the SF money???

@fuglyflorio says:Mar 12, 2013 12:16 PM

He said he would retire if he got cut, but he didn’t get cut, he got traded. That doesn’t make him a liar!

62. steel6curtain says: Mar 12, 2013 1:48 PM

It’s funny they Ravens fans do not know how screwed they got on this deal. San Francisco is the deepest team in the league and they had 15 draft picks! 10 of those players would never have made the team and all you can get for Boldin was a 6th round pick that meant absolutely nothing to San Francisco? keep this in mind Ravens fans who now are scrambling trying to come up with reason why boldin leaving is a good thing. flaccos career completion percentage to boldin was 62%….to all other WRs its 48%.

63. jprcox says: Mar 12, 2013 1:48 PM

Odd Baltimore gave him up like this. Its almost like they are resigned to the fact their new team will be totally different – and they have gone into a partial rebuild.

But after winning the Superbowl with this squad – WHY!?!? Wouldn’t you want to place the same team on the field (best you can)?

Makes no sense – but great move for SF, especially since it somewhat answers Seattle’s signing (somewhat).

64. jlv3gem says: Mar 12, 2013 1:49 PM

Loved Q since he was a rookie an I was pumped to have him in Baltimore. They kind of did him dirty, I think. It is a business, Q and the Ravens accomplished their goal and the reason why they brought him here, together.

Mission accomplished, 7.5 mil in cap space and a 6 round pick later, we’re moving on. Good luck Q

65. ottograham says: Mar 12, 2013 1:56 PM

barbasol11111111

He is definitely worth more than 6th round pick though. I doubt there is collusion here, but it is definitely worth looking into. You’re Calvin Johnson comparison is not funny either, but good try.

Ravenator

You need to get a clue man. Flaccos deal is going to take up a lot of room over the next few seasons. The way your Browns dealt Boldin is disrespectful to him as a contributor on a championship team.

P.S. Bungles, Ravens, and Steelers were a few plays away from the playoffs altogether. You guys got this year, but I promise you with a healthy Roethlisberger we will compete for the AFC North. To say otherwise is illogical and ignorant based on the past.

66. bradx1975 says: Mar 12, 2013 1:58 PM

It’s funny how awful an argument steel6 makes. Clearly not a businessman or negotiator.

Q was going to be released if he wasn’t traded. What leverage was there to trade?

67. electstat says: Mar 12, 2013 2:13 PM

SF still has to deal with the SB curse. So many losing teams don’t even make the playoffs the next season.

68. dwnhillwhaler says: Mar 12, 2013 2:23 PM

Yea I was surprised when the sun came up today

69. scoobies05 says: Mar 12, 2013 2:27 PM

hey folks who dont know what you are talking about. do you realize boldin has a higher cap number than flacco this year. bet ya didnt. ravens know what they are doing. i am sorry to see q go but now there is an extra 6 mil to spend. and to the steeler fans who keep posting…keep restructuring all those contracts. you never could have gotten plax back otherwise…thats funny

70. sourdoughsam says: Mar 12, 2013 2:47 PM

Mar 12, 2013 12:12 PM

I’ve give my left testicle for my Chiefs to sniff what the 49ers are sniffing.
    ———————————————–
    As a Niners fan and an Alex Smith fan, I’m really pulling for your Chiefs. It seems like Harbaugh and Co just came in and turned it around in a day, but that roster was 6 years in the making. The key was hanging on to the right players and not overpaying for others, but most importantly, bringing in the right coach. I think you guys did right by hanging onto Bowe and acquiring a proven starting QB on the right side of 30 for a 2nd rounder. Best of luck to your Chiefs.

71. thisonesforpat says: Mar 12, 2013 2:48 PM

“For me” like 47 times. Come on Q, get a grip.

72. shkz4 says: Mar 12, 2013 2:59 PM

bobonmycob says: Mar 12, 2013 12:39 PM

__________________________________

You must be bitter about your favorite team/player dealing and wheeling.
    If you’re going to be upset, you can comment on many different things. You should at least do some research or know what you’re talking about before you go off, so you don’t sound like a babbling fool.

There are many things that’s wrong with you comment. Boldin is going to be happy there of course he lived in the west coast. Not sure if you ever been to San Fran, but it’s one of the most beautiful cities in the world (economy there is actually not bad with all the billion dollars companies). And, their QB has a laser of an arm, and accurate, his only going to get better, he’s a dual-threat QB. As a matter of fact, with only 10 starts this season he has the third best QBR in the league behind Peyton and Brady. So, I think Boldin will be fine there.

I live in SoCal…

73. 52lightsxout52 says: Mar 12, 2013 3:02 PM

‘Shocked’???

If you’re asked by your team to take a pay-cut from your $6 million dollar salary, and you refuse, you should expect to be traded or released.

Faux drama…

74. ampatsisahypocrite says: Mar 12, 2013 3:05 PM

What, Boldin had no idea his days were numbered once they overpaid a ton for Flacco?

And again, comments like these leave me laughing:
    ——————————————————
    jiggy3198 says:
    Mar 12, 2013 1:23 PM
    —————————————————–

Again with the “only 6 mil against the cap next year” thing.. Uh that would be GREAT if guys signed contracts for just ONE YEAR. But last I looked, it’s 3, 4 or 5. Do you seriously think guys will be jumping at the shot to sign or re-sign with Baltimore knowing that so high a percentage of the cap will be going to Flacco over the next few years? Or do you think the Ravens can even sign players to 3, 4 or 5 year deals? Get a clue. Joe Flacco is now the highest paid player in HISTORY. You don’t think that’s going to have real consequences? Ha ha! Keep dreaming!

75. steel6curtain says: Mar 12, 2013 3:26 PM

brad….youre a moron. so because he was not going to be on the team anyway you let him go for nothing? why not get the most for a good player instead of getting less than gargabe for him? hardly seems like good business sense to me

76. sixjak says: Mar 12, 2013 5:13 PM

logicailvoicesays says:
    Mar 12, 2013 12:06 PM

_____________

Really thought you had more sense than to resurface after you crapped yourself so completely with all of your predictions (none of which came true) about RG3 and the Redskins winning the Superbowl for the next 20 yrs.

I think the best the Redskin fan can hope for is that RG3 plays next season let alone ever again.

77. timsizzle83 says: Mar 12, 2013 7:22 PM

Randy Moss catches 24 tds in 1 season then gets traded to the vikes for a 7th rounder, Anquan catches everything in the playoffs and gets traded for a 6th and roughly 7mill. This kinda stuff happens people. Pittsburgh fans, please don’t talk about our front office, you just extended the contracts of every decent player on your team because of how badly yours screwed up and lost your best WR for literally nothing. Average age of next yrs starting steeler roughly 35, average length of contract remaining 4 yrs. How many teams have 10+ starters over the age of 35? Answer: None. Time for a complete tear down and rebuild from the top to the bottom for the piss-stain brigayde.

78. ampatsisahypocrite says: Mar 12, 2013 9:47 PM

ravenmuscle says:
    Mar 12, 2013 11:46 AM
    ———————————————

Yeah, how ya feelin’ about Ellerbe right now? Ha ha! Good luck even making the playoffs next year when Flacco doesn’t have Boldin to turn all his blind jump balls into catches. Ravens can now go back to the 6-10 years — in other words, normal life.