Jets close to a deal with Mike Goodson

Mike Goodson AP

Having lost running back Shonn Greene to the Titans, the Jets are apparently about to sign another backup running back.

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets are “close to signing” Raiders running back Mike Goodson.

Goodson is an explosive player, who has only disappointed coaches with his inability to hold onto the football. The former fourth-round pick of the Panthers was traded to the Raiders last year for Bruce Campbell, in a swap or barely used spare parts.

Goodson might still be an effective change-of-pace guy, but the Jets will need more help in the backfield, such that they didn’t already.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Jets, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill
13 Responses to “Jets close to a deal with Mike Goodson”
  1. daddybagel says: Mar 15, 2013 9:16 AM

This excites me. as a Jet fan I don’t think that’s a good thing.

2. jaewest304 says: Mar 15, 2013 9:24 AM

I liked him in Oakland but switching back to the power block scheme I assume that’s why he didn’t get an offer from McKenzie

3. cubancigar10 says: Mar 15, 2013 9:27 AM

Noted entry into Mike’s daily log:

Dear Diary,

Today the Jests expressed a desire to bring me aboard their team. GOD–please help me!!!!

Praying now,

You loyal follower

4. rc33 says: Mar 15, 2013 9:48 AM

Solid.
    Goodson does not require Brandon Moore’s butt in order to drop the football. Capable of doing that on his own.

5. hehateme2 says: Mar 15, 2013 9:52 AM

Just what they need… more fumbles. Think there are shooting to remain the top dog in regards to annual turnovers.

FINALLY… the jets are the leaders of something!!

6. revischrist16 says: Mar 15, 2013 9:56 AM

last year 6.3 ypg average over 35 carries, and without any carries longer than 42 yards….looks like he has potential

7. pilot2011 says: Mar 15, 2013 10:12 AM

Sat behind Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart for a few years. He is a good player, and the drops were when he was a young player.

He may be a great pick up for the Jets.

8. sportsnut101 says: Mar 15, 2013 10:15 AM

Wow I’m pumped

Only good thing is that jets resell ticket prices will be at a loss this yr. maybe I can go now lol

9. pisano says: Mar 15, 2013 10:20 AM

I’m sure he won’t be the feature back, I think Bilal Powell will be. Powell had more speed than Shonn Greene anyway, I really don’t think the Jets were all that upset with Green’s departure.

10. harry1941 says: Mar 15, 2013 10:24 AM

I like the Jets to take UNC RB Goe Bernard in the first round, nut can he block.

11. jetsfansince90 says: Mar 15, 2013 10:33 AM

We shall see what happens the season hasn’t started. That being said the jets are going through a much needed rebuilding and transition phase. This is a team that’s been mismanaged in a big way it’s not always going to be pretty this season but real fans stay with their team

12. blakeden says: Mar 15, 2013 11:32 AM

J-E-T-S CIRCUS CIRCUS

13. harry1941 says: Mar 16, 2013 12:53 AM

To all NE fans who like coming here and nake fun of the Jets. The biggest bozo clown in the NFL is Tom Brady.

P-A-T-S CIRCUS CIRCUS