Kyle Arrington stays in New England

New England Patriots cornerback Kyle Arrington celebrates a first half tackle against the Baltimore Ravens in the NFL AFC Championship football game in Foxborough Reuters

Free agent cornerback Kyle Arrington will not be leaving New England.

The Patriots and Arrington have an agreement in principle on a four-year contract, ESPN’s Mike Reiss reports.

New England entered the offseason with a lot of uncertainty at cornerback, with Arrington and fellow starter Aqib Talib being free agents and Alfonzo Dennard being convicted of assaulting a police officer. Bringing Arrington back gives the Patriots more stability at the position.

Arrington was the No. 69 player on our Free Agent Hot 100.

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
17 Responses to “Kyle Arrington stays in New England”
  1. cdoyle444cdoyle444 says: Mar 15, 2013 1:46 PM

John Abraham signed with the PATS as well. Hurry up and release the info.

2. patsfan84 says: Mar 15, 2013 1:49 PM

come on this guy sucks

3. surfinbird1 says: Mar 15, 2013 1:50 PM

Good. The kid is pretty good in the slot.

4. patriotsdefense says: Mar 15, 2013 1:50 PM

wine em dine em 69 em

5. tedmurph says: Mar 15, 2013 1:50 PM

Good, as long as he doesn’t have to be the #2 guy, he’s a pretty good #3-4 CB. Good against the run, blitzing and on special teams. Still need that #1 corner. Badly.

6. patsfan84 says: Mar 15, 2013 1:50 PM

awesome, although I wonder what that means about Freeney?

7. edelmanfanclub says: Mar 15, 2013 1:52 PM

Not a bad signing. Knows the scheme but is awful on the outside. Id say he’s decent to good though playing on the slot. Contract is probably 12 to 16 mill over 4 years.

8. patsfiend says: Mar 15, 2013 2:10 PM

How much?? Better not be too much. Arrington is pretty shaky down the field.

This is the guy that’s going to be covering Welker in the game against the Donks. I think I’m going to be sick now.

9. cdoyle444cdoyle444 says: Mar 15, 2013 2:10 PM

They let Freeny walk as he wanted a multi year deal. I’ve got inside info with the PATS.

10. faulkana says: Mar 15, 2013 2:11 PM

Awesome! Kyle has been the most solid piece of the secondary. Great to keep him around.

11. tedmurph says: Mar 15, 2013 2:34 PM

I could be proven wrong, not the 1rst time, and I’ll be happy to admit it, but I think cdoyle is talking out his butt/started St Pattie’s a little early.

12. Patskrieg dot com says: Mar 15, 2013 2:36 PM

Arrington had a rough year but he’s an underrated corner. Four years is pretty lengthy though.

Which brings me to my next point: FIRE JOSH BOYER.

13. audge86 says: Mar 15, 2013 2:46 PM

Which brings me to my next point: FIRE JOSH BOYER.

—————–

Agreed. So many issues in the secondary seemed to be caused by really really basic mistakes.

For example, we had so many pass interference calls made because our guys never turn their heads to play the ball instead of the receiver.

This is basic. We should not have had it called as often as it was. To me, it says the guys are being poorly coached

Time to bring in someone new to coach up our CBs. Especially if we’re going to draft a CB, don’t need this guy involved in developing him

14. patfanken says: Mar 15, 2013 3:18 PM

Arrington is what he is, and that is a superior special teams guy, a capable slot CB, and a guy you can throw in as an outside CB if injury strikes. What he is NOT is a guy you want out there covering someone’s #1 or #2 WR for any length of time.

That’s what the Pats got. A good special teams guy who will be their 3rd or 4th CB

15. muffedpunts says: Mar 15, 2013 5:37 PM

arrington blows, doesn’t belong on an NFL field.

incredible parade of stiffs, injuries and wasted draft picks in that 2ndary. they should dump the entire group and start over from scratch.

watching arrington try to cover boldin in the playoffs was like watching my dog run around the yard chasing airplanes.

16. bigjimatch says: Mar 15, 2013 5:53 PM

with the Pats recent obsession with injury prone players, I am surprised they let Kenny Phillips slip away. Congrats on bringing back a member of your horrible secondary.

17. stevenj93 says: Mar 16, 2013 1:16 PM

This guy Sucks man Bring On John Abraham!!!