Bears sign tight end Steve Maneri

Maneri Getty Images

Coincidentally — or not — the Bears have signed a tight end the morning after one of their tight ends was arrested.

The Bears have announced that Steve Maneri has signed a two-year contract.

He comes from Kansas City, where he appeared in 19 games with nine starts from 2011 to 2012.  Maneri joined the Chiefs when Bears G.M. Phil Emery served as a member of the team’s front office.

It’s unclear, for now, whether the addition of Maneri has any connection to the arrest of tight end Evan Rodriguez.  For now, the only link between the two players is that the played college football at Temple.

And now we’ve found the two NFL players who played at Temple.

Sorry, Bill Cosby.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Home, Kansas City Chiefs, Rumor Mill
15 Responses to “Bears sign tight end Steve Maneri”
  1. smackers86 says: Mar 21, 2013 11:23 AM

Sorry Florio, but one of the better players in this year’s Super Bowl is from Temple. Bernard Pierce was a big part of the win and is only going to get better for the Ravens if he can stay healthy.

2. dabearstjm says: Mar 21, 2013 11:33 AM

The bears have been trying to sign Maneri long before Rodriguez was arrested. He was picked up to solely block, something Rodriguez won’t be focusing as much as lat year. Stop making up garbage

3. vicksprman says: Mar 21, 2013 11:34 AM

I know your joking Mike, but Terrence Knighton and Muhammad Wilkerson both went to Temple. So there I found 2 more.

4. filthymcnasty1 says: Mar 21, 2013 12:09 PM

I think it’s premature for the Bears to give up on Martellus Bennett.

5. mxplorer1 says: Mar 21, 2013 12:13 PM

Raiders WR Rod Streater (I think that makes six from Temple thus far).

6. jprather17 says: Mar 21, 2013 12:22 PM

Not to mention Bernard Pierce, Raheem Brock, and Tre’ Johnson. There Florio, I found 3 more.

7. fcs34 says: Mar 21, 2013 12:49 PM

“I think it’s premature for the Bears to give up on Martellus Bennett.”

shut it down. Filthymcnasty1 has won this thread.

8. disulfide says: Mar 21, 2013 1:32 PM

Bernard Pierce! C’mon!

9. midwaymonster72 says: Mar 21, 2013 2:03 PM

This is great news. Makes us forget all about screwing Urlacher.

10. larryboodry says: Mar 21, 2013 2:19 PM

1.) We didn’t screw Urlacher…The Bears made him a fair offer and he turned it down.

3.) And yeah, the Bears were already looking at Maneri before Rodriguez got arrested.

11. midwaymonster72 says: Mar 21, 2013 3:44 PM

sorry Larry. Since you are a part of Bears management you didn’t screw him. They did.

12. filthymcnasty1 says: Mar 21, 2013 4:16 PM

larryboodry says: Mar 21, 2013 2:19 PM

“2.) filthymcnasty1 is a Packer troll…Trolls are not allowed to ‘win’ Bears threads.”

I’m disheartened that you doubt the sincerity of my contributions here, Larry.

13. larryboodry says: Mar 21, 2013 4:33 PM

midwaymonster72 says: Mar 21, 2013 3:44 PM

“sorry Larry. Since you are a part of Bears management you didn’t screw him.”

You’re right, shouldn’t have said ‘we’ in that context…Still my opinion that the Bears offer was fair, and that Urlacher isn’t being screwed, by me or the Bears.

14. larryboodry says: Mar 21, 2013 4:47 PM

filthymcnasty1 says:

“I’m disheartened that you doubt the sincerity of my contributions here, Larry.”

Sorry to have disheartened you, but it is not the sincerity of your contributions that I doubt…You are very sincere in your disdain for the Bears, which is fine.

That said, I actually liked your comment on the Bears giving up on Bennett, and object mainly to your evident dislike of all Bears fans. We’re not much different from GB fans, except that we root for different teams.

15. butkusditka says: Mar 21, 2013 6:57 PM

Larry is consistently droppin knowledge! You my man