Bengals bring back Dennis Roland

Roland Getty Images

The Bengals intended to spend their cap money on their own players.  So far, they have re-signed eight of them, plus a franchise-tagged player.

The eighth is offensive lineman Dennis Roland, who has appeared in 67 straight games.  He has started at tackle, and he lines up from time to time as a tight end in short-yardage situations.

“Dennis is a solid pro who has helped us make the playoffs three of the last four years,” said Bengals assistant head coach/offensive line coach Paul Alexander in a team-issued release.  “He’s a known quantity, a guy we have relied on, and we are glad to have him back for 2013.”

During the offseason, the Bengals have re-signed defensive end Robert Geathers, defensive  end Wallace Gilberry, long snapper Clark Harris, cornerback Adam Jones, punter Kevin Huber, linebacker Rey Maualuga, and kicker Mike Nugent.  Defensive end Michael Johnson recently signed his franchise tender.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Home, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Bengals bring back Dennis Roland”
  1. Sackville Rc says: Mar 22, 2013 9:16 PM

I have dumped on Mike Brown for years, now I am wondering if I may owe him an apology. His plan finally seems to be working, and that division may fall right into their lap. Good for Bengal fans.

2. johnnyb1976 says: Mar 22, 2013 9:38 PM

Good move nice team guy and very good back up for Andre.

3. stevincinci says: Mar 22, 2013 9:41 PM

You forgot to mention Adam Jones as well. That makes 9.

4. benroethlisberger7 says: Mar 22, 2013 10:44 PM

Surely this will put them over the top.

Right?

5. bamabengal says: Mar 22, 2013 11:02 PM

Glad to se we are signing even our worst players. I was hoping I had see the last of Dennis.

6. sportsnut101 says: Mar 23, 2013 1:33 AM

The bengals will lose again In first rd if they make it

I understand u wanna build ur team thru draft but by times do that all the players will be playing for other teams lol

Ur so much under the cap u could get one or two guys. Ur def sucks n ur wr sucks other then aj green. Coulda had Wes welker for cheap. Since dalton can’t throw deep with accuracy that would of been perfect

7. vottorific says: Mar 23, 2013 11:05 AM

I put sportsnut101 and joetoronto in the same catagory. Morons

8. tiggerblood says: Mar 24, 2013 11:07 PM

First off big Ben as I’m sure you’re a steelers fan take a look at your roster I’m confident Roland is better than 3/4 of your offensive tackles on it and now sports nut did you watch any football the last 2 years? The defense sucks? Really they have one of the best if not the best defensive line rotations in the league over the last 2 seasons.