Harbaugh worries that Kaepernick’s arms are getting too muscular

Divisional Playoffs - Green Bay Packers v San Franciso 49ers Getty Images

Jim Harbaugh likes the fact that 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick works hard in the offseason. But he’s a little worried that Kaepernick could be overdoing it.

In fact, Kaepernick works so hard in the weight room that Harbaugh is worried his upper body could be getting so big and muscular that it could affect his throwing motion.

“If you’re just talking about weightlifting and upper-body strength, yes, I think there is that fear,” Harbaugh told Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com. “It’s something we’ve talked about. ‘I don’t want you getting too jacked-up, Colin.’ I want some speed, quickness.”

Although in past years some Super Bowl losing teams have seemed to have a Super Bowl hangover afterward, Harbaugh said that with his team, the only thing he notices is that players want to hit the weight room harder than ever.

“I never had to concern myself with that because the players we have, the coaches we have. They’re already back in the building,” Harbaugh said. “Justin Smith is already, arm in a sling, champing at the bit to get back. Colin Kaepernick is already working out, pulling chains. So it’s not a challenge for me.”

The challenge might just be getting Kaepernick not to go at it too hard.

Permalink 173 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Top Stories
173 Responses to “Harbaugh worries that Kaepernick’s arms are getting too muscular”
  1. logicalvoicesays says: Mar 22, 2013 12:17 PM

RG3-Wannabe. Robert Griffin cannot be duplicated. Sorry SF, Seattle and anyone else.

2. randyschwimmer7 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:17 PM

I hate to bring this name up, but that is exactly what happened with Tebow. Dude was so worried about lifting weights and being huge that the muscle mass in his upper body effected his throwing motion and got in the way of him learning to get it more compact.

3. ninerfan81 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:19 PM

At this point in the offseason I dont see this as a bad thing. The real question is will he lose flexibility. A lack of flexibility would definitely change the way he runs and throws but I expect that few extra lbs of bulk wont necessarily harm a 24/25 yr old guy in March as he preps to start the season in August, it’ll subside a bit. Also, as teams begin to figure us out, set the edge better, game plan better etc, I expect him to take a few more hits so this might end up helping him remain durable.

4. hartcarluncarlun says: Mar 22, 2013 12:19 PM

He’s going to have to worry about more than that this year. Trust!!!!!

5. dspyank2k11 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:19 PM

i worry that Jim Harbaughs jaw line is going to pop out of my TV and hit me in the legs when i go get a beer…

6. ccjcsr says: Mar 22, 2013 12:19 PM

Go hard, or Go Home!

7. hawkslv says: Mar 22, 2013 12:19 PM

Continue working on your body Kaep. Meanwhile Russ is in the Film room where real QBs are made.

8. pfailp8 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:20 PM

**looks at arms while sitting at desk**

Damn, I wish I had that problem.

9. gregm5s7 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:21 PM

Other Jacked QB’s: Brady Quinn. Tim Tebow. David Carr.

10. gregm5s7 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:22 PM

The bigger his arms get, the smaller his head looks

11. waxthat says: Mar 22, 2013 12:22 PM

Not a bad problem to have. This team is destined to win the SB, unless the refs call a game winning score back on a Frank Gore run outside of the tackle box. Good grief.

12. swagger52 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:23 PM

Yeah..I know what he means. If it weren’t for my guns, I would have been an NFL Quarterback as well.

13. boogerhut says: Mar 22, 2013 12:23 PM

Stop working out with Hochuli Kap. He thinks you need 50″ pythons just to blow calls.

14. Giantspunk213 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:23 PM

First time i’ve ever heard a coach complain that a QB’s arm is too strong.

15. madmax80 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:24 PM

I have the same problem . . .
    68 …
    69…
    70…

16. davamoto says: Mar 22, 2013 12:24 PM

Cool Story, bro.

17. dowhatifeellike says: Mar 22, 2013 12:24 PM

Curls are for the girls.

Colin is a “running quarterback” so I do think he needs the extra size to protect himself. If it starts to change his throwing motion he can always, you know, stop.

18. logicalvoicesays says: Mar 22, 2013 12:25 PM

He’s on the BALCO diet.

19. hehateme2 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:25 PM

I wouldn’t worry too much. I guess he needs to be able to pick up his pet turtle.

20. cfeeley52 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:26 PM

Kaepernick = OVERRATED

The guy hasn’t even played a full nfl season. Can we please stop acting like he’s the second coming of Christ until he’s proven himself consistent over at least ONE full season…

21. byrd1145 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:26 PM

I wish Detroit had this problem…Stafford better not be doing sidearm curls…

22. nineroutsider says: Mar 22, 2013 12:26 PM

Well surely he doesn’t work as hard as little Russell Wilson? Seahawks fans will tell you how Russell Wilson is the hardest working, most driven QB in the entire league. Certainly Colin isn’t as driven as him. I mean he already has all of the physical attributes, but mentally he can’t compare…oh wait. Buckle up, Kap is just getting started. We’re pretty excited about our kid as well.

23. kabmaforlife says: Mar 22, 2013 12:27 PM

Lol…he’s letting the women get to him or he really doesn’t understand how to get to the elite level. Does he really think that college style running attack will get them to the Super Bowl? He’d better work on reading defenses and throwing the ball

24. gslumbers says: Mar 22, 2013 12:27 PM

This is just a stupid comment by an emotional basket case of a coach.

25. waxthat says: Mar 22, 2013 12:27 PM

hawkslv says:
    Mar 22, 2013 12:19 PM

_________________________________

Yeah, you’re right, Kaep doesn’t watch film.(eyes roll)
    He just dominates the competition with his physical presence. RW, all 5’9 200lbs of him better get that body right, or he’ll be hurt next year watching film for Matt Flynn.

26. blacknole08 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:27 PM

Harbaugh’s seriously worried about this? He doesn’t have a Brady Quinn or Tebow on his hands.

Kaepernick clearly gets what is at stake here and I think the SB loss served as extra motivation for him to get better. I don’t ever question players who want to be the first man in/last man out, and if he wants to lift, let him.

Defenses saw him exclusively (meaning a whole game and not “Wildcat” or Read-option plays) for half a season last year. With teams scheming this whole off-season just to stop QBs like him, coupled with the running of that pistol offense, he will be seeing more defenders in his face, so I think he should be getting stronger.

And with the new rules the game will only slow down for guys like him.

27. chawk12thman says: Mar 22, 2013 12:27 PM

logicalvoicesays says:
    Mar 22, 2013 12:17 PM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I bet that Kaepernick and Wilson both hope not to duplicate RG3……..Heck, who wants to tear their ACL and go thru that kind of pain, surgery, and rehabilitation……..

28. trollhammer20 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:27 PM

“Although in past years some Super Bowl losing teams have seemed to have a Super Bowl hangover ”

That “hangover” that SB losers “seem” to have has resulted in a 0-40 record in terms of winning it all the following season.

Think about that for a minute. These are not bad teams – they made the Super Bowl, right? – but 40 consecutive times, they have not taken the next step the following year.

This isn’t a hangover, it’s a phenomenon.

29. brutus9448 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:28 PM

kaepernick is gonna be a one year wonder. We’ll see if he can keep it up. The run option will be his demise

30. jraw67 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:30 PM

I guess he’s tired of his small arms being mocked after his TD scoring pose

31. marvin49 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:30 PM

You ‘skins and ‘hawks fans are funny.

Its been all over TV that Kaep had a 93 MPH fastball in high school…but what ISN’T as talked about was that he was only about 170 lbs at the time. He’s now about 235 lbs.

This workout regime is nothing new. Watch footage of him as a freshman at Nevada. Skinny as a pole. He does this every year and is one of the reasons he may just have the strongest arm in the NFL.

These comments about being a “RGIII Wannabe” or that Russ will spend his time in the film-room instead…really funny. Kaep started working out a week after the season. He’ll be in the film room as well. Most players are still on vacation and this guy is training for next year already.

I know you really want to believe that Kaep isn’t the real deal, but you are in for a big disappointment.

Finally…in regards to that RGIII wannabe line…

Kaep is 3 years older, has been in the league a year longer, and ran the Pistol and Read-Option is COLLEGE. Exactly who’s the wanna-be?

32. clg82 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:30 PM

Even if he works out it’s not gonna help how ugly he is……dudes ugly lesbehonest

33. joergbernsau says: Mar 22, 2013 12:31 PM

Boy, I wonder what the WRs think of his fastball getting even harder…

34. marvin49 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:31 PM

@cfeeley52

I agree we need to see him over one full season…

…but making it to the SB and almost winning it in his 10th NFL start is pretty damn impressive.

35. rhamrhoddy says: Mar 22, 2013 12:32 PM

Boy if I had a nickel in my pocket for every time I thought the same thing about me, I’d be stealthy like a ninja.

36. profootballwalk says: Mar 22, 2013 12:34 PM

Even at this level, football coaches are like gym teachers – dumbasses. Decades ago, athletes were told not to lift weights because it would make them ‘tight.’ Now, the NFL makes them all do the bench press at the combine. There is nothing about weight lifting that makes you get tight or restrict motion. The old image of weight lifters and body builders with their arms out from their sides like gorillas is bogus.

37. salutethis says: Mar 22, 2013 12:34 PM

Don’t Pull A Boston Kap….

38. lightcleric says: Mar 22, 2013 12:35 PM

randyschwimmer7 is right, muscle mass can be a big issue for QB.

Brian Billick actually mentioned that a while back with Tebow. Everyone was criticizing his throwing motion and footwork but the muscles were a big issue too; while it’s somewhat necessary for his survival with his physical playstyle, it really hampers him as a passer.

39. daknight93 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:35 PM

Tebow’s arms are much bigger

40. marvin49 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:37 PM

@brutus9448

“One-year wonder”? Gee…I seem to remember people saying the same thing about the 49ers last year.

41. skeebo80 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:38 PM

———————————————————————————–
    Another idiot that doesn’t know Kaepernick was in the Pistol LONG before RGIII. Probably thinks the Shanny’s created it too. Just let me know when RGIII runs for a 180+ yards in a game.

42. coonsqualler says: Mar 22, 2013 12:39 PM

I have an idea….

How about if nobody ever comments again on anything by “logicalvoicesays”. Maybe then he can go back to his RG III poster on his bedroom wall or that magazine sitting on his night stand.

Stay Classy logicalvoicesays….

Just Sayin’..

43. michaeljacksonisback says: Mar 22, 2013 12:40 PM

He better bulk up, cause he’s getting a beating by the Rams D Twice this year. Last year the Rams D knocked Alex smith silly. Then beat the hell out of Collin kaperquit

44. marvin49 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:41 PM

@kabmaforlife

Right….beacause Kaep can’t throw the ball. SMDH. DO you guys even watch football?

Kaep Yards per Attempt was 8.3…best in the NFL. If you factor in the playoffs, it was 8.8.

In the playoffs it was almost 10.

His QB rating through his FIRST 7 regular season games was 98.3 and was 100.9 in the playoffs.

Seriously peeps…watch some football before you comment.

45. 1bbfan says: Mar 22, 2013 12:42 PM

logicalvoicesays says:Mar 22, 2013 12:17 PM

Idiot, RG3 will be the one who will fail because his coach already ruined him.Nobody wants to be him.Unless you like crutches

46. asimonetti88 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:42 PM

I’m not sure why everyone seems to think Colin is a “running QB”. He threw for nearly 800 yards in the playoffs, completing 62% of his passes with 4 touchdowns and only 2 interceptions. In the Atlanta game he only ran twice- while leading the 49ers back from a 17 point deficit! He certainly can run, but let’s not mistake him for a Mike Vick, kid is an outstanding passer and a promising young QB.

47. jikkle49 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:44 PM

I wonder how many actually know what they are watching when they watch football.

Kaepernick (RGIII and RW for that matter as well) isn’t just a running QB or a one year wonder.

If all he did was stand back in the pocket like Brady or Manning he would still be an elite talent.

The ability to run is just an added dimension that puts them in a whole other level when it comes to play making ability and impact.

48. briscocountyjr says: Mar 22, 2013 12:45 PM

He’s a lot like tebow, only with tats. I think he’s training and watching tebow’s film to get to the next level. He has a chance to be a passer though, but need to lift weights to get some velocity on his throws. The other benefit is he can try to truck through linebackers and that will be good because gore needs less carries. He needs to focus on bench and keep up with linebackers, plus there’s a concern that he might have if he can’t throw deep to the sideline. Look at when Ronnie brown ran the wildcat, he needs to pack it on. Never know, the next superbowl could be a final wildcat play, gotta be ready!

49. allforfunnplay says: Mar 22, 2013 12:46 PM

@logicalvoice

_________________________________
    uhm wanabe??? do you know who the Pistol Offense was originally designed for? *hint* a guy who threw for 10,000 yards and rushed for 4,000 yards in college. the guy that ran all over the Packers and passed on the Falcons in the play offs.

@hawkslv
    _______________________________
    Kapernick has been in Atlanta at a special training facility working with other 49er receivers FOR THE PAST MONTH. He’s even talked to Boldin about building some chemistry.

What’s Wilson been up to? He’s planning on working with Harvin in the off season. Also getting free burritos for life from Chipotle.

Hope the Seahawks equipment manager has ChipotleAway to clean out the underwear blood stains.

50. shlort says: Mar 22, 2013 12:47 PM

Already digging for excuses on why Kaepernick doesn’t have the spark he had last season?

Well, this is what I see coming from Kaepernick.

Now that there is not threat for his job sitting on the bench, he will not feel the need to play his best every down. He is the QB and there is no other option.

Defenses will be ready for this kid this season. He will not be sneaking up on anyone.

There is something about QBs who want a shot. They seem to play good for season or less and then end up not being able to get back to any sort of greatness. It happens more often than not. I could name dozens of one hit wonders.

Anyway, the cards are stacked against Kaepernick. He will either hold par or be close to as good as he was last year, or he will flop. Odds are in favor of a flop.

51. steviemo says: Mar 22, 2013 12:48 PM

What you should be worried about, Jimmy, is that the team is going to go 8-8 next year, like all the other recent Super Bowl losers, and you have almost no chance of beating the Seahawks. Personnel losses, Super Bowl Losers Syndrome, no depth of all kind. An aging Anquan Boldin. The weird, preposterous contention that a bunch of draft picks, including a slew of 7th rounders, will fill all the personnel losses you’ve incurred, is pretty funny at best. The fact is, you’re two injuries away from oblivion.

See you in 2014. Maybe.

52. circuscivics says: Mar 22, 2013 12:49 PM

Kaep is in the weight room, while Russell is in the film room and already working out with his newly acquired receiver Harvin. Big muscles are for LB’s, Secondary, D-Line, O-Line, RB’s and WR’s. Just ask Tebow where big muscles got him.

53. radioactivechimp says: Mar 22, 2013 12:51 PM

If your biggest flaw in life is that your arms are too muscular, you’re doing alright.

54. swagger52 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:55 PM

I had to deal with the same think where I work. The establishment frowns on gun ownership. Kolin should join my class action lawsuit that protects employees against this kind of discrimination in the worksplace.
    I am sick of tired of my employers forcing me to look like a steeler fan…you know…all flabby and worn out.

55. nineroutsider says: Mar 22, 2013 12:55 PM

Embrace thy hate 9er fans! Its the only way those with pointless and hopeless lives show respect.

56. ajgreenshands says: Mar 22, 2013 12:56 PM

logicalvoicesays says: Mar 22, 2013 12:17 PM

499

————–

FYI, I was your 499th thumbs down

57. keylimelight says: Mar 22, 2013 12:57 PM

randyschwimmer7 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:17 PM

“…that is exactly what happened with Tebow…”

This was my first thought when I read the headline.

Last season when Tebow showed up with the bulked up upper body and huge bi-ceps and had a poor showing of throwing, I wondered why none of the “analysts” were connecting the dots.

Compared to the physiques of QBs like Rodgers and Brees (whose bi-ceps look even slight) Tebow looked to have built up muscles that were not conductive to throwing rainbows. Increased strength doesn’t seem to guarantee increased accuracy.’

Harbaugh is smart to watch that.

58. logicalvoicesays says: Mar 22, 2013 12:58 PM

All the rude answers and thumbs down tells me that most of you KNOW I’m right and can’t handle the cold truth. RGIII is 1 of 1. Period.

59. woodley56 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:59 PM

GTL baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

60. greatestgamensports says: Mar 22, 2013 12:59 PM

Kap getting to big what? He looks like a twelve year old boy, my 14 year old nephew is bigger then this dude!

61. marvin49 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:59 PM

@shlort

…right. He won’t play his best because Alex isn’t on the roster. That’s why he’s already in Atlanta working out and working with his WRs.

Right.

62. dkoulatsos says: Mar 22, 2013 1:00 PM

If his guns get any bigger, he won’t be able to get by security checkpoints…..or on airplanes for the away games:)

63. thesmartestmanever says: Mar 22, 2013 1:01 PM

I like Kappy, I like the style read option they run out there by the bay. I even like Harbaugh. I’m in a good mood today.

64. nineroutsider says: Mar 22, 2013 1:02 PM

@allforfunnplay – Anytime you can work in a ChipotlAway reference it’s a job well done!

65. cav2ya says: Mar 22, 2013 1:02 PM

logicalvoicesays says:Mar 22, 2013 12:17 PM

_______________________________
    Listen Up Chump,
    1 good season doesn’t make you the best. It makes you a fluke. repeat it, and thn you can start talking, a bit.
    RG3. yeah, like he’s has a long career. Already seriously injured in his rookie season.

Besides, you wanna know who the best all time running QG was.. look up your history. It ain’t hard. even for a blind fool like yourself.
    RG3 idolized Mike Vick. (said so himself)
    Mick Vick idolized Donovan Mcnabb (said so himself)
    And McNabb, idolized the best,
    Randall Cunningham.

So until RG3 can put up #’s like Cunningham, shut your trap fool.

66. woodley56 says: Mar 22, 2013 1:03 PM

He needs to work on getting those chicken legs a bit bigger too while you’re at it….

67. hawkslv says: Mar 22, 2013 1:03 PM

@allforfunnplay

———————————
    Read that article, the Niners tried to get Kaep one but they only give it to prime young players like Russ and Bryce Harper.

Russ has been at the Hawks facility everyday, not hiding across the country avoiding the organization. Kaep can keep lifting weights for all I care, real QBs never have coaches afraid they are studying to much.

68. rightwingguy says: Mar 22, 2013 1:03 PM

logicalvoicesays says: Mar 22, 2013 12:17 PM

Damn this guy is a loser. Skins suck. Your qb and top wr can’t even stay on the field. You just with you had MVPeterson.

69. thesmartestmanever says: Mar 22, 2013 1:04 PM

as a proud REDSKINS fan I want it to be known that I am 571 in the logicalvoicesays thumbs down -a-thon

70. marvin49 says: Mar 22, 2013 1:07 PM

@logicalvoicesays

The fact that a 20-1 ratio against and people disproving your words makes you think that you’re right really explains alot.

71. marvin49 says: Mar 22, 2013 1:08 PM

@logicalvoicesays

Sorry…more liek 10-1

72. marvin49 says: Mar 22, 2013 1:10 PM

@greatestgamensports

uh….

…He’s 6’5″ and 235 lbs. The dude is rocked.

73. kylehealy says: Mar 22, 2013 1:12 PM

logicalvoicesays says:
    Mar 22, 2013 12:58 PM

————————————————-

Of course you’re right, RG3 is 1 of 1, but Kaepernick is 1 of 1 too and he just so happens to be the better 1! RG3 won’t stay healthy, takes way too many hits.

74. rjmadrid05 says: Mar 22, 2013 1:16 PM

Kaep breaks a few big runs in the playoff game against GB and all of sudden he’s a running QB. Laughable. Anyone who thinks that wasn’t paying attention all season. That kid made more plays from the pocket than he did with his legs. He has a better arm than 90% of the QBs in the league too.

Comparing him to Tebow and Quinn…you people have problems. Comparing him to RGIII…how can you compare a guy who’s had 2 knee surgeries on the same knee to a guy who hasn’t had a major injury? Russell Wilson will be out of the league before Kaep with his size and the way he likes to scramble. Every single game Kaep was in, he demonstrated his ability to beat teams from the pocket. NE game ring a bell? 4 passing TDs? How about his nearly 800 yards passing in 3 playoff games? Or how about the fact that if he maintains his YPG passing avg next season, he’ll be a 4,000 passer with 20-25 TDs. But yeah, he’s a “running QB.”

75. peytonsneck18 says: Mar 22, 2013 1:17 PM

I was logicals 656 thumbs down, yahhhh

76. countryblumpkins says: Mar 22, 2013 1:18 PM

More room for more tats!

77. jmpmk2 says: Mar 22, 2013 1:21 PM

Lot’s of football players become too muscle-strapped and lose their flexibility and coordination.

An interesting case study is Vernon Davis. Look at a picture of home from the combine before he was drafted, or even his first couple of years. It’s not just the hair; he looks like a completely different person. It’s obvious the strength and conditioning staff told him to stop doing isolating lifting exercises, and his career became better for it.

There’s a lot of science that argues unnatural muscle mass puts too much strain on tendons and ligaments too, leading to increased risk of injury.

78. marvin49 says: Mar 22, 2013 1:23 PM

@hawkslv

Wow. That might be one of the sigle dumbest posts I’ve ever read.

I like Wilson and all and I respect him…

…but Seahawks fans hate of Kaep is comical. Its really nothing more than wishful thinking.

Kaep is “hiding”? No…he’s at a training facility with rookies preparing for the draft. He’s trying to IMPROVE.

BTW, he took a number of his WRs with him to Atlanta.

Kaep is 6’5″, 235 and FAST. He works his a$$ off. He studies in the filmroom just as hard as he works out in the weight room. Only the fans of the midget in Seattle could take Kaeps workout as a negative and another example of Wilsons superiority. Pathetic.

79. matthewcarlson1 says: Mar 22, 2013 1:25 PM

His arms aren’t even that big…

80. bobhk says: Mar 22, 2013 1:27 PM

I don’t get all these negative folks on this board. All Kaepernick has done is play extremely well, lead his team to the superbowl, stay humble and is supposedly working hard (in the weight room and film room).

He’s show arm strength, accuracy, and cool under pressure. He nearly brought his team back from 22 point deficit in the *superbowl*.

What’s not to like? I can certainly appreciate RG3 and Wilson (even though I don’t like those teams).

81. myosin10 says: Mar 22, 2013 1:30 PM

Really? He will only get stronger and more accurate. This is crazy the kid is actually kinda skinny. He will bilk up a little bit and fine his championship weight. Nothing to worry about Kap will be a SB MVP soon!!

Logicalvoice and RG3 can have fun watching Kap get that ring this year!!

82. ghjjf says: Mar 22, 2013 1:33 PM

trollhammer20 says:
    Mar 22, 2013 12:27 PM

**************

You forget that the dolphins lost the Super Bowl in 1971 and then went on to win the next year….. Oh and they also went undefeated that year.

83. sonoco says: Mar 22, 2013 1:38 PM

CK has all he needs to be a great NFL QB . . . freakish athletic ability, a high football IQ, and Jim Harbaugh.

84. heyguru1969 says: Mar 22, 2013 1:39 PM

Since he won’t be able to lower his head anymore, Kaep is planning on leading with his “guns” and pity the fool who gets in the way. This guy is a Keeper with a capital “K”.

85. allforfunnplay says: Mar 22, 2013 1:39 PM

@hawkslv,

uhm…read the article??? seriously???

“Rumor has it that the 49ers are trying to land Colin Kaepernick a similar type of deal. THAT’S NOT TRUE, but it should be, the way these two NFC West teams have been competing this offseason.”

you’re SERIOUSLY comparing endorsement deals to make yourself feel good about your team and player?

still taking pot shots ( or blood stained underwear potty shots) at Kaepernick? you’re criticizing him for going to a training facility specialist and training hard vs. working out unstructured at the team facility? i do believe our little seahawk’s fan is overcompensating for an inferiority complex.

86. anonymouslyanonymouscommentor says: Mar 22, 2013 1:43 PM

To be deleted:

Can you guys show some integrity and shut that clown logicalvoice up? Yeah, yeah, he generates page clicks and responses from people who have yet to figure out he’ a troll/how to deal with trolls. But that’s the kind of response you’re looking for on your site? That’s the kind of comment you consistently approve and put at the top of the comments (it’s become very clear you guys control the order of the comments to an extent)? Seriously, it’s getting pretty tiresome seeing some purposefully idiotic comment from him on every article. You’d probably be doing the guy a favor in helping him get a life anyways. I’m not going to get my hopes up, as I know it’s all about the money, but as I said I just wish you guys would show some integrity and respect for your site.

87. deangelo23hall says: Mar 22, 2013 1:48 PM

Redskins fan here, I’m not here to insult anyone’s QB.

Kaepernick is good, but in regards to his 180+ yard running game, I will say RGIII will never get that much

Why? Because RGIII commanded respect from opposing defenses before he even took a snap in his rookie year. Everyone knew what he was capable, and his speed is no joke.

I don’t know what the hell they were thinking not keeping a man on Kaepernick during those read-options, and he went on for 180 yards

RGIII will never have that same luxury of defenses not paying attention to him taking off.

my two cents.

88. EJ says: Mar 22, 2013 1:49 PM

randyschwimmer7 is absolutely right. What Harbaugh is worried about with Kaepernick, Is exactly what happened to Tim Tebow. Tebow continued to get bigger and bigger and got so big that it started to affect his throwing motion, which we all know is what is holding him back. Had Tebow stuck with Cardio only, I believe he would have had an easier time throwing. If the same thing happens to Kaepernick it will be a shame.

89. steelerben says: Mar 22, 2013 1:49 PM

The reason that analysts didn’t connect the dots between Tebow bulking up last season and his inability to throw an accurate pass is that he has never been able to throw an accurate pass regardless of his muscle mass.

90. trollhammer20 says: Mar 22, 2013 1:54 PM

Actually, ghjjf, I’m well aware that the Dolphins lost in January 1972 and then won in January 1973, just as I am aware that the Cowboys lost to the Colts in January 1971 and beat the Dolphins in January of 1972.

These events are notable because it’s the last time teams lost the SB one year and won it all the following year.

How long ago was this? Richard Nixon was still in his first term. A new car could be purchased for $3000. You could get a hamburger from McDonald’s for ten cents. Gas was 30-40 cents per gallon. Polyester was being used in men’s suits. The US still had troops in Viet Nam. No one knew who Al-Queda was. The Space Shuttle was a design on a piece of paper.

91. orakpownd says: Mar 22, 2013 1:57 PM

Why do people still think Logicalvoice is an actual Skins fan?……remarkable.

92. ravensfan19 says: Mar 22, 2013 2:02 PM

Lmao @ all the Seahawks fans who claim Wilson is in the Film room where Kaepernick isn’t lol. You obviously don’t follow Wilson on Instagram because if you did you would know Wilson is on Vacation.

93. kc4life7 says: Mar 22, 2013 2:07 PM

Kurt Whitlow has the same exact worry

94. warhammer420 says: Mar 22, 2013 2:10 PM

Kaepernick, get back on that couch and give me 50 reps of pringles eating!

95. brian2412 says: Mar 22, 2013 2:12 PM

Seahawks fan here, but c’mon with these arguments…they are way out there.

Kaep is an incredible athlete and had a fantastic season. His body of work (like that of Wilson and RGIII) is very small at this point. We have all seen guys be successful for short periods (cough, Scott Mitchell) and fizzle. It’s possible any of these guys can. I think fans of all 3 are getting a bit ahead of themselves…

1) Nothing wrong with Kaep working out, but he does have room for on-field improvement. He was clearly rattled in the road game at Seattle as well as pre-poweroutage Super Bowl. I believe he can be confused with disguised defenses (like all young QB’s). He needs to work on his accuracy from the pocket some, but is a fairly accomplished pocket passer.

2) Russell Wilson had some great games at the end of the season, but he struggled mightly early on. Even during the “hot streak” he still escaped the pocket prematurely way too often (always to the right), took too many sacks, and still struggled to see open receivers in the middle of the field due to height limitations. Russell has tremendous poise, arm strength, and touch as a pocket passer and was effective in the read option scrambling AND avoiding the big hit.

3) RG3 had a phenomenal season, but WAS injury prone with multiple injuries, ultimately leading to the ACL tear. His accuracy and arm strength from the pocket were fantastic but he needs to learn to avoid the big hit or he WILL be short for this league.

All 3 will likely be stars for years to come…but don’t annoint them for Canton while putting the others in the CFL quite yet.

96. mjkelly77 says: Mar 22, 2013 2:17 PM

anonymouslyanonymouscommentor says:Mar 22, 2013 1:43 PM

To be deleted:

________________

logicalvoice is really Florio.

97. nflofficeadmin says: Mar 22, 2013 2:17 PM

What about his quads? Are those juicy enough for ya Jim?

98. juliusanonymous says: Mar 22, 2013 2:20 PM

Seahawk fans laugh and laugh and laugh at Kaepernick and the 49ers.

Yeah, we almost bought the hype after that New England game. Then the 49ers had to play a real defense, and Kaepernick looked worse than Kevin Kolb in Week 1. That kid was shell-shocked like Private Ryan out there, he looked scared and helpless like a little puppy.

42-13. And it wasn’t even that close.

So yeah, 49er fans, keep talking smack. Last time Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick played each other, we both know who won. In dominant fashion.

Wilson made that 49er defense look pathetic and soft, scoring at will and with total ease. While Kaepernick got pounded over and over, running around like a frantic schoolgirl in search of his lost purse. Sherman’s still smiling about that interception, Kap taking the bait and throwing it right to him.

It doesn’t matter how often Kap works out. He’s gonna have to come back to the Clink – his personal factory of sadness.

99. themackstrong says: Mar 22, 2013 2:20 PM

Tebow has bigger arms than Kaepernick and is more accurate under pressure. Blitz the 49er QB and he’ll throw up a hot potato to your safety and linebacker.

100. albinorhino49 says: Mar 22, 2013 2:24 PM

Teblow never has and never will be on Colin’s level of being a passer. Regardless of arm size, he knows his body best. Colin has MLB pitcher talent. The same people that doubt him are the same haters that cheer for Ponder, Locker or any of the other young chumps. This dude is the real deal.

101. cieronjhamblin says: Mar 22, 2013 2:29 PM

“I don’t know if you heard me counting but I did over a thousand”

102. thecatalinawinemixer says: Mar 22, 2013 2:30 PM

I could care less about the 49ers latest version of Jeebus and how much he can bench or curl or whatever. Or even how he ran for a million yards and passed for 5 million in college against teams from the always dominant, defensive powerhouses of the Western Athletic Conference. Yeah, right.

It’s also fun to hear fans of these teams argue about who will have the better team when the season is over 11 months from now. I get it. I have nothing to do today, either.

Just one request though: can you at least try to spell check your posts before you hit the submit button? Your tough talk and flawless predictions of next year’s super bowl teams are being overshadowed by your inability to spell and poor grammar. It’s hard to take you seriously when you can’t spell simple words or put together a complete sentence about how great you think your team is in March.

103. shlort says: Mar 22, 2013 2:39 PM

marvin49 says:Mar 22, 2013 12:59 PM

@shlort

Right.
    _____________________________

My assesment is accurate. Kaepernick knew how he got the job. Hargbaugh was not afraid to sit the NFL leader in ratig in favor of Kaepernick. Kaepernick should have logicvally assumed that he could lose the job if he didnt perform.

Now that there is no one on the bench good enough to win, Kaepernick doesn’t need to take as many chances or risk injury. You’ll see what I mean next season. Not to mention the other stuff I posted.

104. yourmomcalled says: Mar 22, 2013 2:57 PM

logicalvoicesays says:
    Mar 22, 2013 12:58 PM
    ————————-

You mean 1 and done.

105. undraftedstar says: Mar 22, 2013 2:58 PM

Why ppl respond to logicalvoicesays baffles me, he or she is not a Redskins fan , just some troll with nothing else to do in his or her spare time staring at his wall size RGIII poster . For the ppl that bashes RGIII over something logicalvoicesays I guess the IQ’s don’t differ much..HTTR

106. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Mar 22, 2013 3:07 PM

I get the impression that Harbaugh will always find something to be worried about. But it’s part of what makes him successful too.

107. gochargersgo says: Mar 22, 2013 3:09 PM

trollhammer20 says:Mar 22, 2013 12:27 PM

This isn’t a hangover, it’s a phenomenon.

Just shows how much good fortune it takes to win a superbowl. Alot more than just having a good- or even the best, team. Being good olnly increases your odds.

108. davids117 says: Mar 22, 2013 3:11 PM

I wish I had that problem.

109. bangrhard says: Mar 22, 2013 3:13 PM

@logicalvoicesays forst of all HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAHAAHAH

second of all. let me know when RG3 does what Kaepernick did this past season……RG3 knee collapsed like a cheap tent…..he may not be ready for teh start of the season…can you say B-U-S-T????

110. hopper15 says: Mar 22, 2013 3:18 PM

You Seahawk fans can continue to pin all your hopes over ONE win in week 16.

But here are cold hard facts for you. You still didn’t win the NFC West even after being gift wrapped a win over Green Bay and you still have never won a super bowl even despite your loud home field advantage.

111. musicman495 says: Mar 22, 2013 3:18 PM

marvin49 says: Mar 22, 2013 12:30 PM

You ‘skins and ‘hawks fans are funny.

—————————
    Great, so now he can go play for the SF Giants – or at least until we find out he can’t hit a curve ball.

And you think WE’RE funny?

112. excellencefactory says: Mar 22, 2013 3:20 PM

logicalvoicesays says:

————–
    This guy’s a comedian.

113. lionsdraftguy says: Mar 22, 2013 3:22 PM

Kaepernick looks like a wimp to me.

114. rjmadrid05 says: Mar 22, 2013 3:28 PM

Seahawks fans like to talk about that victory over San Francisco without realizing that San Francisco beat the team Seattle couldn’t be in the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl

115. johnnyb216 says: Mar 22, 2013 3:35 PM

I worry that too much of San Francisco has rubbed off on Jim.

116. mmsierra says: Mar 22, 2013 3:37 PM

I think the 49ers may get JaMarcus Russell to mentor Colin

117. cdhuntington says: Mar 22, 2013 3:39 PM

Idiotic strength training/muscle building myth perpetuated by someone who doesn’t have a clue.
    Collin will be just fine no matter how big his arms get. Stick to your day job Jim.

118. Canned Heat says: Mar 22, 2013 3:39 PM

He better have a big upper body. He keeps running like he does, sooner or later he’ll get pounced like RG3 and Vick and will need those pipes to push his arse around in a wheelchair.

It’s coming….and I hope to God there’s like 5 cameras on that punk whining Harbaugh when the Tat-Brat is rolling around hurt.

119. thegreatgabbert says: Mar 22, 2013 3:40 PM

Should be worrying about his head getting too muscular. Or maybe it’s too late for that.

120. mullman76 says: Mar 22, 2013 3:40 PM

@logicalvoicessays: You are hilarious. RG3 just blew his knee up on that debacle of a field.

121. schmitty2 says: Mar 22, 2013 3:42 PM

As a Ram’s fan I’m smart enough to admit the Niners and Hawks are 2 pretty darn good teams with loads of talent but maybe those fans from both teams should not act like the Ram’s dont exist in this division. Just remember who DIDN’T lose to one your teams last year and who was 1-1 against the other

122. briscocountyjr says: Mar 22, 2013 3:46 PM

It would hav been awesome if tebow really got a chance, so cool when tebow and kapernick have a sword duel in the superbowl, the believers wouldn’t be helb back then!!!

123. marvin49 says: Mar 22, 2013 3:57 PM

@themackstrong

RIIIIIIIGHT. Thats why he threw only 5 INTs in 10 starts last year.

Just blitz him….nobody thought of that.

SMDH. Do you guys even watch the games?

124. seaeagle707 says: Mar 22, 2013 4:03 PM

Sounds like a smokescreen to me, a little hyperbole to give the other teams, jitters. He’s saying, “our guys are all hitting the machines, bulking up, getting unbelievably strong”. Or in other words, you thought we were strong before, wait til next season. JH is good, undeniably good, at selling stories that he believes will help his team in the future. My question is, has Kap added many more tats to his arms? Is there still room left on them?

125. marvin49 says: Mar 22, 2013 4:07 PM

juliusanonymous says:

Seahawk fans laugh and laugh and laugh at Kaepernick and the 49ers.

42-13. And it wasn’t even that close.

_______________________

You Seattle fans are so funny.

Kaep was Shellshocked? Hardly. His QB rating was 72. Thats was his worst of the year. That was start #6 of his career.

However….

Russell Wilson at the ‘stick? QB rating of 38.7 in the SEVENTH start of his career.

So….I guess Russell Wilson is the onlty one who can improve? It’ll be a different story this year. Just watch.

What happened in the playoffs? Wilson beat the ‘skins because RGIII got hurt and then they lost in Atlanta. Niners beat GB (legitimately…unlike some teams), the same Atlanta team you lost to and then almost completed the largest comeback in SB history.

You guys cling SOOOOO hard to that win at the Clink and forget that the series was tied 1-1 last year, you lost the division, you SUCK outside the Clink, and you lost to a team the Niners beat in the playoffs.

Oh…by the way…..Harbaugh is 3-1 vs Carroll. All you sad pathetic creatures have to cling to is that one victory in Seattle. You go ahead and hang onto it because you ain’t getting any more this year.

126. thelastpieceofcheese says: Mar 22, 2013 4:09 PM

It’s pathetic that in the 21st century an NFL coach believes the myth that weight training will make you musclebound and slow.

127. marvin49 says: Mar 22, 2013 4:15 PM

@deangelo23hall

I get your point…

…but I don’t think it was respect. Kaep beat teams as a passer in the regular season. What happened to Green Bay was simply a VERY poor defensive gameplan.

If the Packers were surprised by it then they really weren’t playing attention.

128. marvin49 says: Mar 22, 2013 4:25 PM

brian2412 says:

Seahawks fan here, but c’mon with these arguments…they are way out there.

_________________

Kinda in shock by this well written post by a Seahawks fan. ;-)

Few and far between…

1) As far as Kaep goes, he has alot to learn and a long way to go. Alot of his passing is predicated on play Action giving him defined looks and at times wide open receivers. What he is tho is CRAZY accurate down the field…the most accurate QB in the NFL on passes over 20 yards according to PFF. He’s got some ways to go, but that was one hell of a way to start a career.

2) I really hate the Seahawks. Its hard, but I have to give Wilson props. I like the kid. I think he’s got a big future. He’s got it between the ears and his scrambling ability is nuts. Aldon had him all but sacked several times in Seattle and he got away. If he can keep it alive like that, there are no DBs on the planet that cna stay with receivers that long. The NFC West is gonna be interesting for awhile.

3) I like RGIII as well, but those peeps who think Kaep and the niners were “copying” RGIII and the Redskins have no freakin clue. Look up Chis Ault. Look at who his college QB was.

Right now I’d take Kaep over RGIII, but it’s not because I think he’s “better”. Its because Kaep is BIGGER, more durable, and is much more apt to run out of bounds than take the big hit.

129. jameyjame says: Mar 22, 2013 4:29 PM

logicalvoicesays says: Mar 22, 2013 12:17 PM

————————————————–

lol…which QB finished the season with a superbowl ring and 2 good knees?

130. jameyjame says: Mar 22, 2013 4:30 PM

logicalvoicesays says: Mar 22, 2013 12:25 PM

He’s on the BALCO diet.
    ———————————-

you mean FLACCO diet?

131. sisqsage says: Mar 22, 2013 4:39 PM

I’d worry more about ink/lead poisoning with all of those tats.

132. hendeeze says: Mar 22, 2013 4:42 PM

It’s really funny how all the Seahawks fans, and 1 village idiot Redskins fan always feels the need to add their QB in the conversation in the comments because they have such an inferiority complex.

133. tuckyous says: Mar 22, 2013 4:48 PM

I love this kid he’s a thrilla. Can’t wait to watch him play a full season.

-Giants fan

134. 49ersandshivabowl says: Mar 22, 2013 4:48 PM

logicalvoicesays says:
    Mar 22, 2013 12:17 PM
    ———————————————————

illogicalvoice……….you are a living abortion.

135. bobhk says: Mar 22, 2013 4:59 PM

@juliusanonymous says:
    Mar 22, 2013 2:20 PM
    Seahawk fans laugh and laugh and laugh at Kaepernick and the 49ers.
    —————–
    @juliusanonymous (and other obnoxious seabag fans)

We get over it by looking at 5 lombardi trophies and 1 halas trophy in the trophy case.

You get over disappointment by looking at the Seahag trophy case…wait it has one trophy courtesy a niner protege.

Thank God I am not a fan of that loser franchise….
    hahahahahahahaha

136. goldrush36 says: Mar 22, 2013 5:02 PM

Man where to start. Okay the idiot saying 8-8 give that dream up now it will only leave you broken hearted and crying while your own team sits home come January. The other Genius saying Kaep needs to strengthen up and gain some velocity on throws that is definitely the stupidest comment on here since I don’t acknowledge LVS’ posts. He dislocated Moss’ finger and had a few other icing their hands after practice. As well as Boomer Esiason goin ape over his unbelievable power behind his throws and how fast he get the ball to his receivers down field as a window is closing. Finally the other genius saying he was tired of being teased about kissing his small biceps. Not sure if that was sarcasm but if not try google its your friend. A picture uploaded a couple days ago with Kaep lifting 350 lbs and then come back and let us know about his small arms again

137. ranger40 says: Mar 22, 2013 5:25 PM

Wah wah, Kaep is the greatest. Wah wah, Wilson is the best! God Bless Drew Stanton and the rest of the Cardinal nation, we need it more than all of you

138. jpak12 says: Mar 22, 2013 5:28 PM

The whole idea that lifting weights causes you to lose flexibility is rediculously outdated unless your training like alot of competitive bodybuilders do, it’s definatly possible to get bigger and stronger while not only not losing your flexibility but become more flexible as long as your training with a good trainer which I’d assume Kaepernick is

139. seaeagle707 says: Mar 22, 2013 5:36 PM

If Pumpernickel and the Ninnies are so freakin’ great, better than every team in history (by their fan’s bragging), why didn’t they leave New Orleans with the Lombardi?

Oh great, now I’ve done it, given the Ninnies fans an excuse to regale us with a million well-reasoned and worn out clichés, for the next year.

Darn me.

140. sfniners4life says: Mar 22, 2013 5:39 PM

Wow, a lot of hate for someone actually working out and not on vacation. To answer the hater RG3 needs to hit the weight room cause speed not going carry him long. Dude going be sueing the nfl for bad knees as he keeps tearing them. Wilson lack of size is going keep him in the hot tub nursing injuies and reason Seattle hasn’t traded Flynn. Come on tebow never could throw a football. It’s not like he was a good qb got buff and couldn’t throw the ball. Really this kid is the truth and isn’t taking anything for granted. He putting in work staying on shape and declining celeb appearance to do so. This is a kid that turned down the Grammys to work out. You wonder why Brady chokes now, he lost that edge when he worried more about fame then winning games that matter. Go ahead and hate on the kid for trying to better himself and when he got rings to so far it then, u can hate cause he successful.

141. swaggyy says: Mar 22, 2013 5:46 PM

49er fans are so dumb. Calling the Seahawks a dream team lmao! Cause they acquired a play maker and d line depth? Okay that makes sense. Keep working out buddy while Russell Wilson watches film and works out in Cali with his receivers. Of course there’s no article about Wilson texting Percy and meeting him at the facility the day he arrives in Seattle. But there’s one about old Boldin and Kaep talking about meeting up. I’ll remind you that Kaep played like 10 games last year and was only good enough to get into Nevada. He’s overrated. He couldn’t even beat out Alex Smith. You’re lucky he got that concussion. And if I’m the delusional fan saying the 49ers are old …I meant at certain positions. No one cares that you have a lot of draft picks in a weak draft class. They won’t even see the field this year except for maybe a safety. Because your secondary sucks. Also no one cares that you won some super bowls in the friggin 90s. That means nothing today. Your team is overrated and over hyped. Quit acting like your Gods of the NFC West after 2 years. It’s annoying. Seattle has a lot more talent and Russell Wilson has more work ethic then anybody. The 49ers gave up more yards to Matt Ryan in the first half than Seattle did the whole game. You got lucky and then owned in the super bowl. Can’t wait til you all eat your crow. Come see bout us

142. swaggyy says: Mar 22, 2013 5:55 PM

And THANK GOD Wilson is not a RG3 duplicate! Don’t be sorry. I don’t want an injury prone mangina at QB. Idiots

143. mikeinsanfran says: Mar 22, 2013 6:17 PM

Why are Seattle fans so insecure? Is it all the rain up there? The article is prasing Kaep’s work ethic this early in the offseason and all you can do is try to bring Wilson into the conversation.
    6-5 > 5-10

144. juliusanonymous says: Mar 22, 2013 6:30 PM

LOL. Always the same thing with these whack 49er fans. They can’t brag about anything recent, so all they talk about is some SuperBowl trophies from 30 years ago, as if anyone cares.

Hilarious side-note: When I went down to San Francisco to watch the game at Candlestick, the place was practically empty and everyone at the bars were wearing Giants gear. Even people in 49er gear were watching the Giants game instead of the 49er game AT THE GAME. You’d go out on the concourse to get a beer, and everyone’s out there watching a stupid baseball game wearing their Giants gear. The 49ers don’t even come first in their own city. So hilarious and pathetic. I’ve never seen anything like that at a football game. One hour after the game, we’re partying down in Haight/Mission area, and there’s not one 49er jersey in the whole downtown area. I’m literally walking around in my Seahawk gear, all over downtown San Francisco, and nobody even notices. They’re all wearing Giants gear, talking about baseball. There aren’t even enough 49er fans in that town to talk smack to a Seahawk fan after beating us. LOL. So weak.

Since the Seahawks joined the NFC West, the 49ers have always been the punk little brother. Always one of the worst teams. Even Rams and Cardinals fans laugh at the 49ers. Y’all finally get your SuperBowl loss last season, for the first time since we joined the division, and you’d think the 49ers have been dominating the whole time – rather than the truth, that the Seahawks have owned the division for the last decade and 49ers have only been good for the last 2 seasons. Funny stuff. But yeah, keep bragging about SuperBowls from 30 years ago, back when the Seahawks weren’t even in the NFC. As if any Seahawk fan cares at all. We’ll see who’s the best this season.

145. uschawk says: Mar 22, 2013 6:32 PM

hendeeze says: Mar 22, 2013 4:42 PM

Apparently you don’t read the comments section on a Seahawks article. It’s all Niner fans, Redskins fans and bitter Packer fans.

146. sfm073 says: Mar 22, 2013 6:34 PM

He needs something on his body to look good, bc his face sure isn’t helping him.

147. citizenstrange says: Mar 22, 2013 7:01 PM

Well, I’ll give him this. You never have to worry about Roethlisberger working out too hard in the off season.

Remember how he said his Scotland golf vacation would improve his quarterbacking? Seriously.

148. 69finfan says: Mar 22, 2013 7:02 PM

I am worried that Jim Harbuagh’s head is getting to big for the universe.

149. goldrush36 says: Mar 22, 2013 7:05 PM

Seattle fans really need to wipe their chins.. “Russel Wilson has more work ethic than anybody” Really get a clue. You act like he is God. Build your own little church for him already. I am 100% positive there are many players with as good or better work ethic. Jerry Rice at this stage in his life probably has a greater work ethic. Get over yourselves

150. swaggyy says: Mar 22, 2013 7:07 PM

Seattle fans aren’t insecure they’re just sick and tired of dumb Sf fans. If anything sf is insecure. You have to bring up the past to make you feel better

151. drjoemck says: Mar 22, 2013 7:39 PM

I’m sure Harbaugh is cracking the whip to get his WRs in the weight room so the are not so overwhelmed by the Seahawks secondary to the point that he puts his guys on blast in the post game presser.

152. sixjak says: Mar 22, 2013 7:51 PM

clg82 says:
    Mar 22, 2013 12:30 PM
    Even if he works out it’s not gonna help how ugly he is……dudes ugly lesbehonest

_______________

I guess if you fantasize about dudes all day then this is an issue. I couldn’t care less. Can he play? Yes, very well can he play. That’s all that matters friend.

153. sixjak says: Mar 22, 2013 8:04 PM

@juliusanonymous, and just what have done over the past decade? Only team to ever make the playoffs with a 7-9 record so yeah you guys have been amazing. We’re all just super blown away at your team’s amazing playoff record over the past 10 years.

Posting a better record than a Nolan coached team is sorta like bragging about being smarter than the mentally challenged kid.

You should go into writing comedy. Oh wait…..don’t.

154. sixjak says: Mar 22, 2013 8:11 PM

*and just what has your team*

155. raynitschke66 says: Mar 22, 2013 8:11 PM

He should be focusing on bulking up his legs. They look so thin and spindly (particularly when compared to his upper body). He runs like an RB, but his legs are thinner than those of even the leanest, lankiest WRs. Unless he starts taking fewer chances running or manages to bulk up, it will just be a matter of time until a fatbody DT manages to square up on him and give those toothpick legs a big pop.

156. bobhk says: Mar 22, 2013 8:17 PM

swaggyy says:
    Mar 22, 2013 7:07 PM
    ———-
    Perfectly fine with us to feel happy looking at the past, present and future. What do you have to look at except misery forward or backward?
    Seacraps are just that…

157. bobhk says: Mar 22, 2013 8:23 PM

juliusanonymous says:
    Mar 22, 2013 6:30 PM

————-
    What do you have to look at? Crappy seattle rain? 7 division titles in *36* years….I mean a loser fan for a loser franchise.
    Probably the worst franchise in NFL history. Of course, they went ahead a hired a NFL washout and
    a college football cheat. So naturally they got an illegal win last season.

SF is not a football town, because we have a life beyond football. You must be a scrawny geeky guy
    who lives his life through NFL. Can’t say I’m surprised, since there is nothing exciting to do in Seattle.

Do you get disgusted that the only “glory” you got is due to a Niners protege…Doesn’t it make you feel owned?

158. 49ersandshivabowl says: Mar 22, 2013 9:08 PM

juliusanonymous says:
    Mar 22, 2013 6:30 PM

——————————————————-

Seattle Mariners World Series Championships = 0
    Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl Wins = 0
    (1 appearance that was one of the worst SB’s of all time)
    Seattle Supersonics = No longer in city and now are the OKC Thunder and one of the best teams in the NBA. Took a move OUT of the city to become relevant.

San Francisco Giants = 2 MLB Championships in 3 Years
    San Francisco 49ers = 5 Super Bowl Wins and 1 Loss
    Golden State Warriors = 0 NBA Championships

Seattle……..you NEED the Seahawks. You NEED them to be what they are right now because you have no history, no relevancy and a history that is worth forgetting. Aside from the last few years you’ve been nothing more than an expansion CITY and not just an expansion team. Your HOFers aren’t even relevant to the history of the NFL. Steve Largent?? Come on. Cortez Kennedy?? Uh huh. Your grandest Monday Night moment wasn’t even from your own running back but when Bo Jackson ripped “the slob Boz” a new one in front of the whole nation to see the joke he was.

Yeah…..I’ve been to Reliant Stadium. Loud. Very Loud. That’s the only thing impressive about the Seahawks though. Remember…….it’s easy to play the “here and now card” when you have a history that’s worth forgetting.

159. fasteddy415 says: Mar 22, 2013 9:08 PM

153 comments n counting! NFL fans love CP7! Love n hate all it says is he is now the it factor in the NFL! So haters troll on! Niner fans REJOICE! A decade of greatness is upon us.

160. skol77 says: Mar 22, 2013 9:16 PM

RE: logicalvoicesays – I think he might be stalking RG3. Just saying

161. gasolinejt says: Mar 22, 2013 9:20 PM

#firstworldproblems

162. mjkelly77 says: Mar 22, 2013 9:36 PM

Harbaugh worries that Kaepernick’s arms are getting too muscular
    ____________________

How did hairbow know? He felt the camel’s arms and then swooned.

163. mjkelly77 says: Mar 22, 2013 9:43 PM

Canned Heat says:Mar 22, 2013 3:39 PM

_____________________

This will be great. hairbow’s head will explode.

164. rainponcho87 says: Mar 23, 2013 2:28 AM

Above poster said Golden State Warriors have 0 NBA championships, not true. They won in ’74-75.

Re the week 16 matchup 49ers v Seattle. Seattle played great but 49ers had just come off an exhausting and huge win in New England. Then the had to travel to Seattle the next week. They didn’t have to win that game to win the west. They had two easier games on their schedule after that. Seattle needed that game to get into the playoffs and contend for the west.

Seattle will be tough next year. They were really gelling at the end of the season. But their schedule get tougher and teams will be more pumped to play them and beat them, so the road could get a little tougher.

You never know what is going to happen though. The packers looked amazing in 2011-12, then got bumped in the playoffs early. At the start of the next season, everyone had them as a superbowl favorite. They did get into the playoffs, but didn’t look that great.

Everyone on these boards can puff out their chests and say ‘my team is the best’ but the reality is there is a lot of parity right now in the NFL. That is what makes it the king of sports.

165. pop562 says: Mar 23, 2013 9:24 AM

Colin Kaepernick is a franchise quarterback. The sky is the limit for this kid and he already prove to naysayers and skeptics what he can do in the NFL. This kid changed the 49ers offense into one of the most high power smash mouth offenses. He’s not Aaron Rodgers or Steve Young but in 4 or 5 more years he will be just as good. If he stays healthy, work hard and study the game even harder…he will be special.

166. 49ersandshivabowl says: Mar 23, 2013 10:03 AM

rainponcho87 —

Thank you for the correction on the Warriors. Frankly I was too lazy to give ‘er a google to see if they had won anything in the past.

You’re spot on with the parity in the league, too.

167. scoobies05 says: Mar 23, 2013 3:47 PM

i like rg3…he is the 2nd best qb in maryland. excited as a football fan to see what wilson kaepernick luck and griffin can do moving forward. they are all exciting to watch and good for the game. go ravens

168. mrseaballs says: Mar 23, 2013 3:48 PM

He will be just fine. Unless of course the strength and conditioning coaches and quarterback coaches are all idiots. But not many idiots rise to the level of coaching in the NFL.

169. 16to87 says: Mar 23, 2013 11:40 PM

Kap is adding muscles to his tats
    CW is adding lifts to his cleats

170. jibbyjabby79 says: Mar 24, 2013 2:23 AM

Kapernick is a heck of a QB. He has a very strong arm. Quick and fast.

As a Redskin fan I love RG3 but my only fear is durability. Of all the QBs Kapernick, Wilson, RG3, Cam Newton etc..

My QB Rg3 is the one that blew his knee out. I think RG3s potential is the greatest but he happens to be the most fragile. So Mike you better not foul this up. Protect RG3.

49ers fans you have nothing to worry about. Seriously we are talking about being worried Kapernick might get too much muscles? LOL! If that is the worst worry you got? LMAO!

171. 49ergeorge says: Mar 24, 2013 6:31 AM

Beast Mode.

172. rollerino1 says: Mar 29, 2013 12:02 AM

———————————————————————————
    So the Jets coaching staff tells Tebow to bulk up for these phantom wildcat plays, he comes to camp looking like a LB which further jacks up his throwing motion in practice, giving Sporano/Ryan justification for letting him rot on the sidelines…………. Very diabolical.

My question is, did anyone in his entourage think to tell Tebow that getting that big as a QB is NOT to his advantage?

173. saints4life57 says: Mar 29, 2013 8:17 AM

Listen I can’t dirt on the guy because he def. seems to have the talent to be great, but like others said he’s had 3/4 of a great season! I can name about 12 other OB’s off the top of my head that went down this same road and most of them are fighting to be backup OB’s at this point! We as fans are to quick to jump on peoples jock’s when they have instant success! Exp. Flynn, Kolb, and the list goes on and on! IMO I don’t think he falls in this group but we’ll see!